Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 (2)
New Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Future Captains

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Tenacious Weezy's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Future Captains

Technically according to the rules you just have to demonstrate being able to go Bankai, get a bunch of recommendations or just plain kill a captain in front of witnesses. All those feats are rare and very hard to pull off. Renji is already qualified he just has to want it but I agree love does have dibs if he wants.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tenacious Weezy View Post
    Explain Hitsugaya then. I don't think he has mastered his Bankai yet he is a captain. Renji has had a broke Bankai since SS arc, so the increase in having it fixed along with the training he has had in the past and having currently should give him a decent boost in power. Thinking about it though I think he likes serving Byakuya or whatever.
    Hitsugaya is a bit of an extreme here though. The guy has actual captain level power by all acounts and even that is not enough for him to actually fully use his bankai. In this particular case the issue is that comparatively hitsugaya's bankai requires just that an insane amount of power to use. Other bankai which are not as extreme as hitsugaya's are bound to be easier to handle with less reiatsu(if I recall ichigo's bankai has been said to be more managable in terms of reiatsy because it concentrates rather than release power). Renji is as far as we know not in the same boat as hitsugaya. He simply has to control the weapon he uses and the power it releases. Hitsuagaya in turn has to release and control miles worth of sky with his bankai at any time.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Tenacious Weezy's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I disagree. Hits has an elemental type Bankai and Renji has a melee type. There are advantages and disadvantages in both. It's comparable to One Piece with Logias and Zoan devil fruits. Of course skill, ability, and experience makes a difference and Hits is stronger than Renji but I don't think the gap is that much, especially if his bankai has been broken since before Aizen even left SS. Also lets never use Ichigo as a comparison lol it's just bad juju

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know whether there is a difference between controlling a power-type Zanpakuto and an elemental type one, but Hitsugaya has been hailed as the genius of his generation, so, it's not a fair comparison for Renji at all.
    Besides, Renji's Bankai suffered perhaps only minor fractures and lost some blades here and there, unlike what happened to Ichigo, so, he isn't essentially due a power up because of the Zanpakuto repairing.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Delbi's Avatar
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hakuteiken View Post
    I don't know whether there is a difference between controlling a power-type Zanpakuto and an elemental type one, but Hitsugaya has been hailed as the genius of his generation, so, it's not a fair comparison for Renji at all.
    Besides, Renji's Bankai suffered perhaps only minor fractures and lost some blades here and there, unlike what happened to Ichigo, so, he isn't essentially due a power up because of the Zanpakuto repairing.
    His status as a genius doesn't hide the fact that since the start of the series Renji has grown more than Hitsugaya has. While that doesn't necessarily mean he is more powerful (although I'm inclined to believe he certainly is now in light of recent events) it certainly shows that despite not being a genius, Renji has shown a very fast growth rate, similar to Ichigo's.

I think certainly in terms of skill Hitsugaya > Renji, but that may not be true in terms of power, especially now since Renji just got seriously upgraded in terms of his body, reiatsu and now Zanpakuto.
    "The line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?” - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Delbi View Post
    His status as a genius doesn't hide the fact that since the start of the series Renji has grown more than Hitsugaya has. While that doesn't necessarily mean he is more powerful (although I'm inclined to believe he certainly is now in light of recent events) it certainly shows that despite not being a genius, Renji has shown a very fast growth rate, similar to Ichigo's.

I think certainly in terms of skill Hitsugaya > Renji, but that may not be true in terms of power, especially now since Renji just got seriously upgraded in terms of his body, reiatsu and now Zanpakuto.
    That's primarily because Hitsugaya has shown nothing how since he first went Bankai, while Renji had to train and materialize his Zanpakuto spirit at the beginning of the story.

Hitsugaya's reiatsu is definitely far superior to a VC, confirmed by Kira, a fellow VC, but in terms of body power, he is probably weaker than other captains, since he's like a child for SS standards.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

We don't know just how much hitsugaya has grown since the start of the series to argue that he has grown less than renji. We don't know how much stronger he is not than he was in part 1 for that matter. Even then, hitsugaya is supposed to be of around renji's age or even younger (the omake showed hinamori and by extension renji and attending the academy before hitsugaya even started). Hitsugaya is still relatively young, he is more talented than renji by quite a bit and has a bankai which requires massive amounts of power to control (hitsugaya's reiatsu is captain class regardless of how you look at it), I doubt renji has grown more than hitsugaya. Maybe kirio's food has made some sort of difference however I doubt renji is even close to actual captain level, the gap is too large.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hakuteiken View Post
    It was broken - to this: http://www.mangastream.to/bleach-cha...43-page-6.html. Seems Renji managed to reconnect some segments so that his bankai could retain the original shape (the segments themselves are connected by reiatsu, anyway), though.
    Erfworld

Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member conn-man's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Renji please. I hope this power up in the royal dimension makes him the real deal captain level finally.

Healed to perfection, unfathomable reiatsu surge, and what appears to be zanpakuto mastery with that last test. Also hes getting a new sword, that always means something good.

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

I seriously doubt Renji can become a Captain just now. I don't think he would be able to become Captain class just by fixing his Bankai, cause in his Shikai during the War he actually seemed too weak.even compared to the weakest Captains like Mayuri or Komamura and well, he even seemed weaker in Shikai that Hisagi, so I don't think that just fixing his Bankai and getting a small increase in terms of Reiatsu due to Hikifune's food would make a change.

While I don't think Hisagi would become a Captain in a short run, but well if he gets Bankai, he would become considerably stronger than Renji and way more fit in every term, especially due to his personality and character right now.

And well, if Unohana died, then who might become a Captain of 4th Squad? Tessai?

P.S. It would be damn funny to see Hanatarou getting Bankai and becoming a Captain of 4th Squad.

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Isane is the most likely candidate for the 4th Squad at the moment provided Unohana dies. Tessai's specialty isn't healing. Hanatarou was a 7th seat the last time. Perhaps not a captain, but he can be a VC one day. His older brother was also one, after all, so, he has it in his blood.

Agreed about what you said on Hisagi, by the way.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member exacta's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, Shunsui becoming Captain Commander leaves a spot open, and now Unohana leaves a spot open. The moment Shunsui became Captain Commander, I knew Love would take his old position. The only person who could become Unohana's replacement now is Hachi. It's the perfect way to bring the rest of the Vizard in SS, I mean come on Kubo even had Nanao become the 2nd 1st Division VC. He's making room for Lisa, Hiyori and Mashiro.

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Lisa taking her former VC spot back makes sense, but Hachi was never a captain back in his time, so, I don't know if they will see him as an appropriate candidate. Though, he has undeniable experience that is a solid pro for his case.
    Still waiting for Unohana's situation to be confirmed. I still think Isane is the primary candidate to replace Unohana in such a case. She knows the working mechanisms far too more than an outsider, or even another Gotei squad's member.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Well if Yoru, Tessai and Urahara will bever come back to SS it will be at the end of the series. Well they are bond to be back. Yoru is still the head of the Shihoin family and I think she will be back. Mayuri will most likely die so Urahara will take over.... well Urahara also may die. If Unohana is really gone the best candidate for her spot would be tessai. He is a Kido master and so he most likely have better skills in healling kido than any member of theth div. He healed Ururu after sth div with lisa as the VC.
    Renji still not a captain level thats for sure. Maybe at the end of the series.
    he was stabed be a big horn of Szayel's brother.
    Love and Visoreds will go back pretty soon. Love will take over the
    If Hisagi ever gained BK he will be a captain.
    If Isshin is a Shiba nad if Ichigo will join gotei before the end of the series I think that the Kurosaki family will move to SS and Isshin will be a captain..... as for Ichigo with his curent mindset he is not ready and with his hero complex he may never be ready

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think Ichigo will ever be a Shinigami Captain.
    At least, not until before he dies and becomes a residing soul in SS. As of now, he's just a substitute Shinigami, so, he doesn't belong to SS as stated by Byakuya, under normal circumstances.

New Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast