Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/15/14 - 9/21/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Future Captains

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Future Captains

Well, as it stands ichigo is not actually set to ever even return to sereitei. As it is right now and for whatever reason ichigo is not a shinigami and as nimaiya said, sereitei is a place for shinigami. Ichigo has brought some change to sereitei though, it is plausible his future efforts will continue to change it. It is also possible ichigo ends up getting real shinigami powers though.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Bajan4eva1's Avatar
    Country
    Barbados
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hakuteiken View Post
    I don't think Ichigo will ever be a Shinigami Captain.
    At least, not until before he dies and becomes a residing soul in SS. As of now, he's just a substitute Shinigami, so, he doesn't belong to SS as stated by Byakuya, under normal circumstances.
    Agreed, I don't think he'll ever become a Captain. If he does it'll be to some secret squad that consists of him Orihime, Chad, Urahara, Yourichi, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Well, as it stands ichigo is not actually set to ever even return to sereitei. As it is right now and for whatever reason ichigo is not a shinigami and as nimaiya said, sereitei is a place for shinigami. Ichigo has brought some change to sereitei though, it is plausible his future efforts will continue to change it. It is also possible ichigo ends up getting real shinigami powers though.
    I don't think Ichigo will ever gain "real" shinigami powers. Nimaiya said that Renji is a "true" shinigami. What I get from that statement is that by default Ichigo is not. Makes sense since he's half shinigami half human (Quincy). He's in a class all his own so his powers will always be unique, hence the Asauchi rejecting him. He didn't need one before so he shouldn't need one now. All that being said I get the feeling that SS would only let "true" shinigami's be captains but they did let the Vaizards come back so who knows.
    Last edited by Bajan4eva1; March 03, 2013 at 09:25 PM.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, the vizards were and have true shinigami powers, they just happen to have actual hollow abilities too. As far as ichigo goes though there is no reason for him to be unable to get "real" shinigami powers. He is the son of a shinigami after all. It does seem there is something very punctual that makes a soul a shinigami, in that regard I don't see an issue with ichigo's soul form getting the real deal. I guess it would be a matter of making zangetsu into a real zampakuto so to speak, kinda to deposit him into an asauchi.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, I'd say the first prerequisite for him would be death. I can't see Ichigo abandoning his family in the real life and try to become a full-time Shinigami in that sense.
    Vaizards were indeed Shinigami by origin, so, their situation was different as you said.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member NoOneInParticular's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, with time and experience, there's no reason Ichigo couldn't become a Captain. Despite what Nimaiya says, he meets the requirements. He has a Shikai, and he has a Bankai. For all intents and purposes, he's been using Shinigami powers. I do wonder if SS would allow him to use his other powers, though. As far as we know, the Vaizard Captains didn't use their masks against the Stern Ritter. I can imagine Central 46 would frown on them using Hollow power in SS. Of course, now Shunsui is CC I can picture him casting aside such pointless rules for the sake of practicality.

But putting that aside, I don't know that Ichigo ever would take on the mantle of Captain, even if he could. I can't picture him submitting fully to any organisation that might do so many things that counter his beliefs. Ichigo's the type to do what he believes he should, not what someone tells him, so I see him in more of an Urahara type of role. He'd fight on SS's side and help defend the world against this or that threat, but I think he'd rather be living with friends and family, and just doing things on his own terms.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I have been wondering about okikiba for a while now. As we have seen in the manga one aspect that directly relates to power to a very observable extent in most cases is age. Yamamoto was the oldest shinigami ever and to the end of his days he refined his bankai. Sasakibe was a VC and he was still a captain level shinigami. Unohana is the oldest captain after yamamoto and she was perhaps second only to him. Ukitake and shunsui are supposed to be of the older captains in the squads and they are also generally thought to be of the stronger ones. Anyways, okikiba appeared to be just about as old as yamamoto was. More so, yamamoto apparently thought quite a bit of him considering the concern he had when juhabach exploded his way out of the first division barracks. Not to mention that okikiba was the one who yamamoto left in charge of the first division barracks. Another thing that perhaps speaks quite a bit of him is the fact that shunsui would appoint him as his VC. If he was promoted to VC, even if he shares the position, then he should at least have that level of strength. More so, we are talking a division which had a shinigami stronger than the rest of the G13 as its captain and a captain level shinigami who fully controlled the sky as its VC. Would it be weird tha okikiba is also a captain level shinigami as well? He is at least of VC caliber which is not much but if this guy is eons old then it would make sense he is also a captain level shinigami capable of bankai.

On this note perhaps okikiba himself is a potential future captain. Love is perhaps the more obvious choice to take the 8th division however okikiba might as well have the power for it.

7. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    I have been wondering about okikiba for a while now. As we have seen in the manga one aspect that directly relates to power to a very observable extent in most cases is age. Yamamoto was the oldest shinigami ever and to the end of his days he refined his bankai. Sasakibe was a VC and he was still a captain level shinigami. Unohana is the oldest captain after yamamoto and she was perhaps second only to him. Ukitake and shunsui are supposed to be of the older captains in the squads and they are also generally thought to be of the stronger ones. Anyways, okikiba appeared to be just about as old as yamamoto was. More so, yamamoto apparently thought quite a bit of him considering the concern he had when juhabach exploded his way out of the first division barracks. Not to mention that okikiba was the one who yamamoto left in charge of the first division barracks. Another thing that perhaps speaks quite a bit of him is the fact that shunsui would appoint him as his VC. If he was promoted to VC, even if he shares the position, then he should at least have that level of strength. More so, we are talking a division which had a shinigami stronger than the rest of the G13 as its captain and a captain level shinigami who fully controlled the sky as its VC. Would it be weird tha okikiba is also a captain level shinigami as well? He is at least of VC caliber which is not much but if this guy is eons old then it would make sense he is also a captain level shinigami capable of bankai.

On this note perhaps okikiba himself is a potential future captain. Love is perhaps the more obvious choice to take the 8th division however okikiba might as well have the power for it.
    This might be true. A third seat can be capable of acquiring Bankai and considering there was always Captain-Commander and Sasakibe he would wait under, Okikiba wouldn't possibly be getting a promotion in short time.
    He seems to be another devoted Captain-Commander follower, so, we may assume he could have become a VC far before the likes of Renji and Rukia get into Academy or like that if he was pushing for it.

~ Forum Fixer ~ 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Miyagi's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Urahara was a third seat before he became the captain of 12th division, so why not?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Notak's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Probably Renji first of all, the guy has a bankai, Nimaiya's helping him get stronger, and he's one of the more important characters in Ichigo's crew.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member raikwolf's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well here's what I think... (Might be a little long)
    4th Squad: (If Unohana is really dead )
    - Isane would be the best to fill her roll for the time being, I don't see Tessai or Hachi returning, same goes for Hiyori...
    - Hanataro?? like somebody says before it would be very funny to see him going bankai XD (don't mind if Isane take over and appoint him as VC)
    Since SS arc Hanataro had an important roll in bleach he is supposed to be weak and he seems useless but yet they bring him to HM... (if you ask me he's an important character).
    8th Squad:
    - Love was the first who came to my mind after reading the chapter where Shunsui gets the promotion... (Lisa as VC seems logical, maybe she has a Bankai now and she gets the spot as Captain, but not likely)

After the war?:
    1S: I really hope Kubo is not planning to kill Shunsui -.- (he lives)
    2S: (same) Soi-fon... I really don't know what to expect from her, but I believe she will survive
    3S: (same) Roze, (lives) I'm looking forward to see him angry
    5S: (same) Shinji, same has Roze... he's one of my favs so full-power Shinji could be ass-kicking
    6S: (same) After recent events I think he will survive and became more powerfull
    7S: (vancat) Wouldn't surprise me if Komamura dies...
    9S: (same) I really don't think any Vizored will die...
    10S: (same) People seems to hate him but I believe his just an immature child (HC potential?)
    11S: (same) Kenpachi dying? not a chance XD
    12S: (vacant) Kubo says that Mayuri knows what is going on, yet he seems to be doing nothing about it so my guess is either he dies or he's exiled for hiding critical information...
    13S: (vacant) I won't like if Ukitake dies but I do believe Kubo's inner assassin will do it :S

Now to fill the roles?, (Kira, Momo, Hisagi, Renji. Ikkaku, Yumichika, Rukia)
    Renji already have what he needs in terms of power, people seems to respect him and fear him so why not?- (his goal maybe)
    Hisagi is supposed to be the "big deal-senpai" from the academy... Kira says that he was an exceptional student so he might have the potential... (exceptional in Kido and he seems to have the power only problem is that he doesn't like his zan)
    Ikkaku, same here his goals are not in the captain seat...he won't leave Zaraki's side.
    Yumichika won't be leaving Ikkaku's side anytime soon (kubo says that he feels his as powerful as Ikkaku)...
    Momo & Kira, one would think this two could be near Renji in terms of power because of their training at the academy, and Kubo gave them some importance above other VC but I don't think they would be Captains, Kira might be dead... and Momo, I believe she's good, she can be powerful, but I can't picture her as captain...
    Rukia, I would certainly like to see her becoming a captain, but there's still too much before she gets there...
    Last edited by raikwolf; March 18, 2013 at 02:49 PM.

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Junaid_Sennin's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmm... before the Vandenreich invasion, Kira was on my list (obviously in the long run), but now, I think Renji, Hisagi, Lisa, and Rangiku. For Hisagi and Rangiku, its still quite a long way before they're captain level, but Renji and Lisa are close. Also, Ichigo obviously, when he dies and comes to soul society. Sado too. I also think Yumichika has the potential (considering his zanpakutou's awesome ability), but he'll never use his full powers and also never leave 11th squad.
    Stand back, I'm going to try science

New Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4