Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2) , Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Fuji vs Irie

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fuji vs Irie

Well, in my opinion, IIRC, Inui said long ago that Fuji was the one he wasn't able to collect data, which may mean that he could not read it.

And about the conversation between Tezuka and Fuji, Fuji had said he had no feeling while playing tennis, which may mean that he does not have emotions while playing. Thus, going by the logic, I think that techniques such as SKnK will not work.

SKnK can be sealed by Fuji in 2 ways: The fact that Fuji can not be predicted or if Fuji closes your eyes.
    So if Irie tries to read emotions, it will not work. and with KnS, I believe that Fuji must have some way to seal it, for example, trying to hide shikakus.

Now, the only question is to know how much Irie has been hiding your power and technique.

Summarizing, I think it'd be a great match with chances of 50% of one of them win!!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mystictapion View Post
    Well, in my opinion, IIRC, Inui said long ago that Fuji was the one he wasn't able to collect data, which may mean that he could not read it.

And about the conversation between Tezuka and Fuji, Fuji had said he had no feeling while playing tennis, which may mean that he does not have emotions while playing. Thus, going by the logic, I think that techniques such as SKnK will not work.

SKnK can be sealed by Fuji in 2 ways: The fact that Fuji can not be predicted or if Fuji closes your eyes.
    So if Irie tries to read emotions, it will not work. and with KnS, I believe that Fuji must have some way to seal it, for example, trying to hide shikakus.

Now, the only question is to know how much Irie has been hiding your power and technique.

Summarizing, I think it'd be a great match with chances of 50% of one of them win!!

Well, Atobe Kingdom can't be sealed, but Fuji could hide his external blind spots, but not his internal ones, even Atobe could take games from Yukimura using Atobe Kingdom. No matter how strong you are, you always have absolutely blind spots, there's no way to hide them. It's skeleton level vision.

And I don't know, if Irie goes all out, Fuji would lose. Further in the series, I see Fuji surpassing Irie and probably reaching Tezuka's level or even beating him.

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LetalHawk View Post
    And I don't know, if Irie goes all out, Fuji would lose. Further in the series, I see Fuji surpassing Irie and probably reaching Tezuka's level or even beating him.
    I see a draw. Despite Fuji being the most popular character, all the hard work Konomi has done with making Tezuka the ultimate, I see him giving us a beautiful plot armoured draw. Which I think we will all actually enjoy haha.

Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

I hope he gives the most amazing match that Shin POT will ever have (full of DBZ moves of course)

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

I hope he gives the most amazing match that Shin POT will ever have (full of DBZ moves of course)
    Since amazing matches dont come often in SPoT, Im hoping that they come from an Echizen Ryoga match at least haha.

To be honest, Im hoping Irie Kanata gets justice for his next match w/out a complete trolling like when he wiped Akiba Koyo.
    And also, Byoudouin Houou. I would be devestated if we got a quick few page kill for him.

Since its inevitable that we will see each High Schooler play a match ONLY just once besides plot armored Irie, Tokugawa and Oni.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Fuji Shusuke's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

If it's Fuji, you know that he will make a cool shot. So far he is in the No Bounce Club (funny how top 3 of Seigaku has no bounce shots), hit cord balls with eyes closed, and can manipulate the ball to do all sorts of wacky stuff. Now what is next?
    "Sorry, but I never lose to the same opponent twice." - Fuji

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah the new Top 3.
    I remember it saying though the initial Top3 was Tezuka, Fuji and Inui prior to Ryoma.

But yeah, Yanagi, Shiraishi and Krauser are also members of the No Bounce club lol.

Since Irie isnt fodder Im sticking with Irie up until we see Fuji REALLY mess an opponent up or have a HACKER THAN HACK technique. coz 6th Counter isnt all that hack. It only works against Cord balls :/
    5th Counter can be challenged after a few tries. It Shiraishi and Niou like 3 games so Irie wont struggle.

Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    Yeah the new Top 3.
    I remember it saying though the initial Top3 was Tezuka, Fuji and Inui prior to Ryoma.

But yeah, Yanagi, Shiraishi and Krauser are also members of the No Bounce club lol.

Since Irie isnt fodder Im sticking with Irie up until we see Fuji REALLY mess an opponent up or have a HACKER THAN HACK technique. coz 6th Counter isnt all that hack. It only works against Cord balls :/
    5th Counter can be challenged after a few tries. It Shiraishi and Niou like 3 games so Irie wont struggle.
    Irie would return it faster as he is stronger mentally than Shiraishi and Niou and could probably watch through it and return ir after a few tries.

If Fuji faces and beats a top 5, and I think it should happen since he is the most popular character and because Konomi gave him 0 screentime, then I'll think he could defeat Irie.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Irie would return it faster as he is stronger mentally than Shiraishi and Niou and could probably watch through it and return ir after a few tries.

If Fuji faces and beats a top 5, and I think it should happen since he is the most popular character and because Konomi gave him 0 screentime, then I'll think he could defeat Irie.
    Sort of Agreed. We dont know where Irie stands between the likes of Byouduin and Tohno. He could be weaker than Tohno or could be above him.
    Since I think im gonna have to say now after seeing No.s 9 and 10, That its the Top 8 who are above the rest of the camp.
    Unless Tohno/Kimijima are a doubles team and dont stand out as at least definetely above Yamato level then they will get pushed back from the Top 6 lol.

Although Ochi is understandably Top 10 Singles wise. He is practically an AMAZING Ootori. His serve is even faster, and his technique, mental and stamina is amazing meaning if his serve is returned he will still kick ass. If Ootori could do this he would have been amongst the best.
    Mouri doesnt seem above Date to me... Maybe its just me...

Its really hard to tier the Top 20.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ashore's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Irie would win!

did you look at his pentagon stats in the manga, he exceeds the pentagon!(is these areas) he has

7 technique,
    7 mental,
    6 speed.

fuji is a genius , but this guy is super good. I will say fuji does have his counters, but irie can feel his opponents emotions or
    maybe into their thoughts. You may have the ability to understand how an ability works, and therefore counter it. not always the case.

Even number 2 ranked U-17 said he wouldn't want to play irie.(but he could probably beat him)

@leta, imo yukimura can prevent Atobe from taking games, Using Eye powers, before Atobe can use his AtobeKingdom.
    Last edited by ashore; March 23, 2012 at 11:28 AM.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ashore View Post
    Irie would win!

did you look at his pentagon stats in the manga, he exceeds the pentagon!(is these areas) he has

7 technique,
    7 mental,
    6 speed.

fuji is a genius , but this guy is super good. I will say fuji does have his counters, but irie can feel his opponents emotions or
    maybe into their thoughts. You may have the ability to understand how an ability works, and therefore counter it. not always the case.

Even number 2 ranked U-17 said he wouldn't want to play irie.(but he could probably beat him)

@leta, imo yukimura can prevent Atobe from taking games, Using Eye powers, before Atobe can use his AtobeKingdom.
    Lol, why are we suddenly saying Yukimura has eye powers? Its just Yips. He makes the opponent feel they can no longer play. No eye jutsu involved lmao.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

well he has to look into the person's eyes to make it happen. remember the blind folded guy u-17 ? he was blindfolded. (yukimura cant use his technique unless he can look into their eyes.)

yukimura has to hit the ball and damage his blind fold. then he can "relieve him of his senses"

do you recall yukimura, looking at echizen at the finals, and saying what good eyes he has?
    eyes can be windows to the soul. and that's how yukimura does it. I dont make this stuff up
    you can tell that there may be susperstitions about using the eye, maybe konomi put that in his manga,
    in other anime's people have eye powers, maybe a japanese native can talk about folklore and eyes.

it's also arguably how ochi uses his "death glare" on atobe. ( not 100% sure until the next chapters that explain ochi's ability to make people doubt themselves)

Yukimura does make people have yips but it's because he can transfer that feeling through the eyes. the word jutsu, I was
    being sarcastic, trying to relate to naruto seres.
    Last edited by ashore; March 23, 2012 at 03:31 PM.

Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

well he has to look into the person's eyes to make it happen. remember the blind folded guy u-17 ? he was blindfolded. (yukimura cant use his technique unless he can look into their eyes.)

yukimura has to hit the ball and damage his blind fold. then he can "relieve him of his senses"

do you recall yukimura, looking at echizen at the finals, and saying what good eyes he has?
    eyes can be windows to the soul. and that's how yukimura does it. I dont make this stuff up
    you can tell that there may be susperstitions about using the eye, maybe konomi put that in his manga,
    in other anime's people have eye powers, maybe a japanese native can talk about folklore and eyes.

it's also arguably how ochi uses his "death glare" on atobe. ( not 100% sure until the next chapters that explain ochi's ability to make people doubt themselves)

Yukimura does make people have yips but it's because he can transfer that feeling through the eyes. the word jutsu, I was
    being sarcastic, trying to relate to naruto seres.

Of course he can, Fuwa was blindfolded but when he removed the bandages, he couldn't see. Even if he is not looking to Yukimura's eyes, Yips is useful, it doesn't matter if the opponent isn't looking to Yuki's eyes.

And about Ochi's Death Glare (lol I came up with that), I think it's just mindfucking Atobe, since Ochi's mental is really strong, he is probably trying to break down Atobe, but I'm sure he'll overcome due to his amazing mental.
    Last edited by LetalHawk; March 23, 2012 at 04:04 PM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

it's debatable, i re read the chapter, i still stick to my position.

one doesn't have to look into yukimura's eyes but if he looks at yours.. bam.
    why do you think yukimura damaged the blindfold for? what is the point of the blindfold? (show superior u-17 strength only?)
    when the blindfold was removed yips can be transfered.(my theroy)
    also fuwa's point about reflecting through the eyes... another seeming like another eye technique (common theme).
    ochi's death glare (common theme).

all these common techniques seem to transfer through the eyes. have to wait and see for further explanation.

Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

it's debatable, i re read the chapter, i still stick to my position.

one doesn't have to look into yukimura's eyes but if he looks at yours.. bam.
    why do you think yukimura damaged the blindfold for? what is the point of the blindfold? (show superior u-17 strength only?)
    when the blindfold was removed yips can be transfered.(my theroy)
    also fuwa's point about reflecting through the eyes... another seeming like another eye technique (common theme).
    ochi's death glare (common theme).

all these common techniques seem to transfer through the eyes. have to wait and see for further explanation.
    I think that Yukimura stealed his vision when he was blindfolded also, the moment he removed them he couldn't see. My theory is that he stealed his vision when they were rallying and Fuwa was blindfolded, but he didn't realize until he took out the bandages.

New Reply
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast