Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 489 by kewl0210 , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 576 (2)
New Reply
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Fuji vs Irie

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fuji vs Irie

Quote Originally Posted by LetalHawk View Post
    I think that Yukimura stealed his vision when he was blindfolded also, the moment he removed them he couldn't see. My theory is that he stealed his vision when they were rallying and Fuwa was blindfolded, but he didn't realize until he took out the bandages.
    Perfectly said. Otherwise Konomi would have said by now that it is an eye technique. Although Yukimura is a relatively new player to the series as we only saw him play at the VERY end of Part I. His powers have been explained now. Its not an eye technique.

---------- Post added at 06:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:25 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ashore View Post
    well he has to look into the person's eyes to make it happen. remember the blind folded guy u-17 ? he was blindfolded. (yukimura cant use his technique unless he can look into their eyes.)

yukimura has to hit the ball and damage his blind fold. then he can "relieve him of his senses"

do you recall yukimura, looking at echizen at the finals, and saying what good eyes he has?
    eyes can be windows to the soul. and that's how yukimura does it. I dont make this stuff up
    you can tell that there may be susperstitions about using the eye, maybe konomi put that in his manga,
    in other anime's people have eye powers, maybe a japanese native can talk about folklore and eyes.

it's also arguably how ochi uses his "death glare" on atobe. ( not 100% sure until the next chapters that explain ochi's ability to make people doubt themselves)

Yukimura does make people have yips but it's because he can transfer that feeling through the eyes. the word jutsu, I was
    being sarcastic, trying to relate to naruto seres.
    Yh I know I was kidding about jutsu too. But Yukimura wasnt using an eye technique.
    And its extremely lame that Ochi has to walk past his opponent during change over to use his technique. All Atobe has to do is walk the other side of the net during change over to avoid it. I hope that Ochi's eye nonsense is better than what we have seen.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fayte's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    Fuji vs Irie
    Clown Irie wins: 7-5
    Serious Irie wins 6-0

Quote Quote:
    Yukimura would defeat them both
    Excuse me?

Quote Quote:
    Fuji's improvement is intensely anticipated I guess. Praying he faces a Top 5 member. Praying he becomes better than Sanada. Just Praying.
    Keep dreamin.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Fuji Shusuke's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fayte View Post
    Serious Irie wins 6-0

Excuse me?

Keep dreamin.
    i dont like you *cries in corner*
    "Sorry, but I never lose to the same opponent twice." - Fuji

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Serious Irie wins 6-0

Excuse me?

Keep dreamin.
    At least keep in who the quotes came from so the person who said it cant hide away haha.

And yeah, Ill keep dreamin bro

---------- Post added at 03:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:52 AM ----------

Excuse me?
    Yukimura currently will kick Fuji's ass. Why Excuse me?
    We have been shown that even Closed Eye cant save you from Yips after Fuwa got his ass kicked.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Yukimura is stronger than Fuji. Yukimura returns all of Fuji's counters, Fuji then gets bageled.

And I think serious Yukimura vs serious Irie, Yukimura wins. Why? No shot can get past him, Irie, don't matter how serious he gets, Yukimura will return them all. So Yukimura would have no problems dealing with it, and I would say Irie gets Yipped.

Irie may start losing to Yukimura with his acting, but even if he stops acting suddenly, Yukimura scores a point and Irie has no other choice but play seriously, but still Yukimura would kick his ass.
    Last edited by LetalHawk; March 25, 2012 at 08:25 AM.

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

I reckon Yukimura could beat Fuji but I'm not sure if he can return Kirin Otoshi, Hecatoncheires no Monban or Hoshi Hanabi.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fuji Shusuke View Post
    I reckon Yukimura could beat Fuji but I'm not sure if he can return Kirin Otoshi, Hecatoncheires no Monban or Hoshi Hanabi.
    He returned COOL Drive casually from the baseline, and Niou returned Heca, so I don't see why Yukimura would have trouble with either. Not touching Hoshi Hanabi.

Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
    He returned COOL Drive casually from the baseline, and Niou returned Heca, so I don't see why Yukimura would have trouble with either. Not touching Hoshi Hanabi.
    I think he would also return Hoshi Hanabi.

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

If Yukimura has very good reaction time, then he might return Kirin Otoshi. I agree with him being able to return Heca. However, Hoshi Hanabi would be a hard one. If he doesn't hit cord balls then he's fine. But if he does hit one, Yukimura would have to find a way to beat what I presume, only 150-200 milliseconds of opportunity (I theorised that Hoshi Hanabi is only in range to be returned for 0.15-0.2 seconds). You can only return Hoshi Hanabi when it is falling or on the rise from the bounce, and that amount of time is so little.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ashore's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

well this isn't really a yukimura vs irie or fuji. but my input.

of course yukimura will own fuji. He has a reputation to see through techniques and returning most offensive techniques and his base skill level , are better than fuji.
    its arguable that i think there are videos of the the semi finals round of the nationals that rikkai saw. so i think yukmura saw all
    of seikagu's and shintenhouji's tecniiques. just seeing them once, he can return it. also there may have been video of the
    kantou finals of echizen vs sanada. we know that cool drive if it hits the opponent's racket the ball could fly off the racket.

kinda werid tokugawa got duped by it in the anime and yukimura didnt. but the point is it my theory is if yukimura already seen
    a technique once (in video or in the court) , if he saw it before he can return it easy. i have no proof on the video part though.

Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ashore View Post
    well this isn't really a yukimura vs irie or fuji. but my input.

of course yukimura will own fuji. He has a reputation to see through techniques and returning most offensive techniques and his base skill level , are better than fuji.
    its arguable that i think there are videos of the the semi finals round of the nationals that rikkai saw. so i think yukmura saw all
    of seikagu's and shintenhouji's tecniiques. just seeing them once, he can return it. also there may have been video of the
    kantou finals of echizen vs sanada. we know that cool drive if it hits the opponent's racket the ball could fly off the racket.

kinda werid tokugawa got duped by it in the anime and yukimura didnt. but the point is it my theory is if yukimura already seen
    a technique once (in video or in the court) , if he saw it before he can return it easy. i have no proof on the video part though.
    Yeah, he only needs to see it once and then he returns it or directly returns it without failing.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fayte's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post

Yukimura currently will kick Fuji's ass. Why Excuse me?
    We have been shown that even Closed Eye cant save you from Yips after Fuwa got his ass kicked.
    Where on earth are you getting these ideas from? You mean because God-mode Tezuka killed Fuji means Yukimura would too? Hate to break it to you pal, but Yukimura would have gotten slaughtered by Tezuka the same way Fuji did. And you are REALLY comparing Irie with "Poop stain" Fuwa? Wow. Now I've seen everything.

If Black Aura Sanada BROKE OUT OF THE YIPS (Which every Yukimura fan seems to forget), that alone is proof that Yips is directly related to the ability level of the player (like every other technique in the series). Sanada's skill level rose dramatically because of Black Aura, therefore he was too far above being influenced by the Yips. What makes you think Irie isn't already AT that level?
    Last edited by Fayte; March 25, 2012 at 10:44 PM.

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Mad Re: Fuji vs Irie

Sorry, but I still didn't swallow as Yukimura returned Rai, Tezuka probably has more power than him and he got it once. And please, you don't say that to return Rai isn't about power, because to return a shot with the handle of the racket needs power too... ¬¬

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Where on earth are you getting these ideas from? You mean because God-mode Tezuka killed Fuji means Yukimura would too? Hate to break it to you pal, but Yukimura would have gotten slaughtered by Tezuka the same way Fuji did. And you are REALLY comparing Irie with "Poop stain" Fuwa? Wow. Now I've seen everything.
    This is where we realize your reading a different manga. Konomi gave Yukimura the power that he can see through every shot. Not me. If NO technique can successfully take out Yukimura then tell me what Fuji could use?
    Yukimura has returned Drive A, B, Cool Drive, Samurai Drive, Big Bang, Lightning, Wind, Fire and MANY more so the Counters will do what to him? Not even phase him.
    5th Counter 2 games at best since it took Shiraishi 4.

Closed Eye doesnt work as shown against Fuwa. The counters will get defeated within 2 games maximum. You also forget that 6th Counter Hoshi Hanabi only works against a Cord Ball as far as we know otherwise he would have used it against Tezuka.

Therefore Yukimura will defeat Fuji no matter what.
    Im not comparing Fuwa and Fuji but they used the same technique. Its that simple with this series. Fuji is my 2nd favourite character so Im not even trolling here but Fuji is below several other MSers as far as we have been shown, its not just Yukimura who will defeat him.

Also, Nationals!Tezuka would eventually lose to Yukimura do to the pain in his left arm same with Sanada. OBVIOUSLY Im not comparing TMnK Tezuka to Yukimura. Tezuka is the strongest Schooler of Japan as far as we have been shown. I didnt even use that as an example so that is just totally irrelevant bringing current Tezuka into this.

But unless you can tell me a technique that Fuji has that will defeat Yukimura for SIX games which right now he has NONE, then Yukimura > Fuji. Im shocked there is a debate that Fuji could currently defeat Yukimura.

As far as im concerned, Fuji cant beat Sanada, Yukimura, Shiraishi (w/out golden arm weight can beat 5th Counter without a Cord ball), Tooyama and unless Closed Eye counters AK, Atobe will beat Fuji too.

Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Of course It's crazy to say that Fuji will defeat Yukimura. Look, evolved triple counters won't work as Yukimura will return them first try easily, like fourth counter. Fifth counter would be also returned by Yukimura first try, he saw Fuji using it during national finals, and due to him being able to see through every shot and his amazing ability to understand a special move the moment he sees it, he would return Hecatoncheires without hitting a cord ball, thus Fuji wouldn't be able to hit Hoshi Hanabi. Furthermore, Yukimura is stronger overall, has more power, speed, strength and probably is stronger mentally.

Irie is also amazing and his true power might be insane. But, even if he is able to see through Yips, and isn't affected, that doesn't mean Yukimura will lose. As I said, watching through every shot means that Irie, no matter if he gets fully serious, won't take points as Yukimura will return his shots and goes into a long rally, and maybe he could be yipped in the rally and unable to continue since you have to score against Yukimura, and I don't see Irie hitting shots past Yukimura, no matter how hard or fast.

I see that Yukimura would win 6-2 or. 6-1 depending if Irie can break out of the Yips.

And Sanada with BA is probably stronger than Irie, don't know how Sanada would lose against Irie right now. Rai, Black Aura, and maybe some new technique are enough weapons to face Irie. That he could have destroyed Atobe, doesn't mean that hewould defeat Sanada, Echizen, Yukimura and Tezuka, who are all above Irie and Atobe. Of course, Tnk Echizen and TnK would destroy Irie.
    Last edited by LetalHawk; March 26, 2012 at 02:56 PM.

New Reply
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast