Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)
Thread Closed
Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 195 of 319

Thread: Hunter x Hunter Chapter 341 Spoiler Discussion (& One Shot)

  1. #181
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,154
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hunter x Hunter Chapter 341 Spoiler Discussion (& One Shot)

    Quote Originally Posted by Kazna View Post
    I understand that translating HxH is a real pain (I've experienced it too), but thanks!

    Now I hate the Ryodan! I know they're serious criminals but could never imagine that's what they did to the Kuruta!
    Eh, at least Feitan is totally messed up in terms of torturing. He was going to peel Gon's fingernails off if Nobunaga didn't stop him. I think that was sufficient to establish that at least some guys are pretty messed up and there's no reason we need to hear more about it, and frankly it really doesn't matter if all the Kurata died in peace or were tortured to death because it's not like somehow this actually makes any difference on whether Kurapika's going to revenge for them or not. I mean nobody is going to mistaken the Spiders for being nice guys, so when you hear about they massacred the Kurata in the past you know it's got to be pretty painful but I don't think writing out the gory details help any, and again I really hate it because it's hypocritical. If Gon had his fingernail pulled off by Feitan and then we hear about all the nasty things Spiders did to Kurata at least you can say the story is consistent, but no of course you know nobody important is going to get tortured by the Spiders because it'd be pretty sick if something like that actually happened to Gon, and yet there's really no reason why he just happened to luck out. Even if there was supposed to be some bad blood between the Spiders and Kurta, I'd assume it's certainly no worse than Gon assisting the Chain Assassin who already killed one of the members, and yet he didn't even get beaten up at all let alone tortured.

  2. #182
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member riniloves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Country
    Philippines
    Posts
    224
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hunter x Hunter Chapter 341 Spoiler Discussion (& One Shot)

    So Shilah? reported the incident (she is the only one I can think when I read the summary)? something fishy here???Can Shilah be number 8? an infiltrator? or just innocent the way Togashi portrayed her? what is Shilah really doing there???

  3. #183
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Kazna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Dora Wonderland
    Country
    Vietnam
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    112
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hunter x Hunter Chapter 341 Spoiler Discussion (& One Shot)

    Quote Originally Posted by Phantron View Post
    Eh, at least Feitan is totally messed up in terms of torturing. He was going to peel Gon's fingernails off if Nobunaga didn't stop him. I think that was sufficient to establish that at least some guys are pretty messed up and there's no reason we need to hear more about it, and frankly it really doesn't matter if all the Kurata died in peace or were tortured to death because it's not like somehow this actually makes any difference on whether Kurapika's going to revenge for them or not. I mean nobody is going to mistaken the Spiders for being nice guys, so when you hear about they massacred the Kurata in the past you know it's got to be pretty painful but I don't think writing out the gory details help any, and again I really hate it because it's hypocritical. If Gon had his fingernail pulled off by Feitan and then we hear about all the nasty things Spiders did to Kurata at least you can say the story is consistent, but no of course you know nobody important is going to get tortured by the Spiders because it'd be pretty sick if something like that actually happened to Gon, and yet there's really no reason why he just happened to luck out. Even if there was supposed to be some bad blood between the Spiders and Kurta, I'd assume it's certainly no worse than Gon assisting the Chain Assassin who already killed one of the members, and yet he didn't even get beaten up at all let alone tortured.
    I don't know if I'm too naive to their cruelty. But, if Gon's fingernails were to be peeled off it'd not be that cruel to me. That scene would be different because we've seen Gon & Killua being tortured before, we know they've gone through harshness and pains, their endurance is high and they're of the fighting type and such. We may see many scenes of torturing or pain everywhere but I'm sure not all of them give us the same feeling. In case of the Kuruta, it hurts me a lot to know they were tortured in front of their fellows, while the others were forced to see that-- only to get the eyes scarlet, then their heads were chopped off, and unlike Gon, many of them were not that strong to stand the pain. Sorry I don't know how to word my feeling but what's pictured to me is too cruel, honestly when I read the translation posted I could hear their cries and felt it hard to breathe. Just say I'm too emotional .



  4. #184
    Banned 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Country
    Palau
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,016
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hunter x Hunter Chapter 341 Spoiler Discussion (& One Shot)



    Still waiting for the english translation...

  5. #185
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member GingFuriksu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    NY
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    408
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hunter x Hunter Chapter 341 Spoiler Discussion (& One Shot)

    This shit is ridiculous... MangaStream released springtime of youth before HxH

    I'm mad right now

  6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  7. #186
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member syx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    ҂136th Floor
    Country
    Turkey
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    988
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hunter x Hunter Chapter 341 Spoiler Discussion (& One Shot)

    Quote Originally Posted by GingFuriksu View Post
    This shit is ridiculous... MangaStream released springtime of youth before HxH

    I'm mad right now
    There is no reason to blame mangastream or any other similar site.
    Seriously, it's no shock that they release HxH so late.
    • ⁞ Avatar by xhunter924 ⁞ Signature by ThePowha ⁞ •

    • ⁞ Tower of God Section136th FloorToG Section's Lighthouse ⁞ •

  8. #187
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,154
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hunter x Hunter Chapter 341 Spoiler Discussion (& One Shot)

    On the issue of translations, I wouldn't be surprised if HXH eventually gets on the 'do not pirate' list just because fans (in particular, translators) just got tired of waiting for this stuff. You can hardly blame people for not donating their time to translate stuff on an author who is known to draw the wrath of quite a few fans, especially if these fans happen to be guys who can translate.

    Back in the Hunter exam, Hanzo was saying maybe Gon will change his mind if he sees some unrecoverable damage but 'unrecoverable damage' only applies to people who don't matter. Kurapika punched Kuroro in the face after he captured him, while Gon and Killua are pretty much unharmed despite being captured twice and being associated with the Chain Assassin. The violence of HXH only applies to people who don't matter. Ponz had her brains blown out by a random Ant but that'll never happen to anyone who's remotely important. Netero was probably the most significant character that even sustained any serious, unrecoverable injury but he's pretty much going to be dead no matter what.

  9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  10. #188
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member DraMas26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Country
    Albania
    Posts
    313
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hunter x Hunter Chapter 341 Spoiler Discussion (& One Shot)

    ^I think you're expecting too much from Shonen because everyone knows in Shonen that the protagonists have plot kai armour. Even if Togashi wanted to have Gon and Killua tortured there would be a limit to what hecan do because his manga is getting published in Jump and not a Seinen magazine.

  11. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  12. #189
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member GingFuriksu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    NY
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    408
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hunter x Hunter Chapter 341 Spoiler Discussion (& One Shot)

    Agreed^ and @Phantron did you forget Gon's situation in the Election arc... did you see his ARM ?!?!?! O.O If it was a Seinen Togashi would have shown his whole body. Yes Togashi healed him but like DraMas said its a Shonen, there stuff you can't do. I've never seen a Shonen protagonist in the situation Gon was in..... that I can remember anyway.

  13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  14. #190
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    63
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hunter x Hunter Chapter 341 Spoiler Discussion (& One Shot)

    Quote Originally Posted by Phantron View Post
    On another topic I'm really bothered by the graphic details of the massacre and in general I think HXH's approach to violence is extremely hypocritical, borderlining on disgusting. I hate the Spiders as an organization and wouldn't miss them if Kurapika just ripped all their heads off (including Hisoka, but minus Machi). But "Spiders massacred my tribe" is enough. I don't need to know Spiders also ate their babies and I'm surprised we didn't have stuff like say a bunch of women was raped or whatever. Now you can say part of HXH is that life is tough/gruesome/whatever, except it's still a world dominated by the most popular characters. Gon can mutiliate Pitou's body but Pitou dismembering Kite's body is supposed to a crime against humanity.

    There's also plenty of body part dismemberment and again that's fine if you want to go with the gory details. I want to see Meryem rip Gon's arm out and then eat it for breakfast but things like that can never happen to Gon or anyone else important. HXH is, in general, a nasty world with plenty of pain and suffering, but only if you're someone relatively unimportant.
    I disagree, because it has been established that Gon, actually, has a pretty messed up (or, should I say, untraditional) system for defining morality. This was shown in the G.I. arc, when he let Binolt live because "Binolt helped him", even if doing so meant more people might die by his hand. And be his actions regarding Pitou and Gungi during their confrontation at the climax of the Chimera Ant arc - though his actions were not put under the knife afterwards, he was NOT presented in a heroic light in the run up to his killing of Pitou.

  15. #191
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,154
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hunter x Hunter Chapter 341 Spoiler Discussion (& One Shot)

    Quote Originally Posted by EverEndingStory View Post
    I disagree, because it has been established that Gon, actually, has a pretty messed up (or, should I say, untraditional) system for defining morality. This was shown in the G.I. arc, when he let Binolt live because "Binolt helped him", even if doing so meant more people might die by his hand. And be his actions regarding Pitou and Gungi during their confrontation at the climax of the Chimera Ant arc - though his actions were not put under the knife afterwards, he was NOT presented in a heroic light in the run up to his killing of Pitou.
    Gon has always been a 'my way or the highway' and he doesn't really even attempt to justify it. For example he says it's okay for him to die for Killua but not the other way around, and Nobunaga laughed and said there's no point to try to reason with a Reinforcement type user.

    But his ambiguous morality is still backed by plot immunity which makes it hypocritical. In the context of HXH, Pitou dismembering Kite and Gon dismembering Pitou are morally equivalent and it's a good thing that the story doesn't try to make one seem more correct than the other. However, the important characters nevertheless gets out of being dismembered/abused/etc backed by their plot immunity and that is hypocrisy. Gon doesn't even end up missing the arm that was supposed to be symbolic of the price he ought to have paid for being so reckless in the first place.

    In HXH in theory one person's sob story has no more value than any other character's sob story. At least that's what we're told when we see guys randomly murdered on/off screen in gruesome ways, but of course this never actually happens to anyone remotely important minus Kite, who of course magically got resurrected at the end too. The world of HXH is supposed to be a nasty place, but if you're someone deemed important then none of the nastiness applies to you.

  16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  17. #192
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Westeros
    Country
    Argentina
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,587
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hunter x Hunter Chapter 341 Spoiler Discussion (& One Shot)

    So...Still no translations? ._.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

  18. #193
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member GingFuriksu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    NY
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    408
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hunter x Hunter Chapter 341 Spoiler Discussion (& One Shot)

    Quote Originally Posted by Uriel View Post
    So...Still no translations? ._.
    If there was I wouldn't be so f*cking pissed off

  19. #194
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member DraMas26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Country
    Albania
    Posts
    313
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hunter x Hunter Chapter 341 Spoiler Discussion (& One Shot)

    Togashi inspired the scantalaltors on how great a hiatus can be

    Though judging by the release date last week I'd say mangastream should have the translation up within the next 24 hours.

  20. #195
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member GingFuriksu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    NY
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    408
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hunter x Hunter Chapter 341 Spoiler Discussion (& One Shot)

    Quote Originally Posted by DraMas26 View Post
    Togashi inspired the scantalaltors on how great a hiatus can be

    Though judging by the release date last week I'd say mangastream should have the translation up within the next 24 hours.
    Yeah I bet the translators are like " they've waited 9 months, they can wait a couple of days. But even though the big 3 came out only 7 days ago it HAS TO BE released today " -_- FUCK OFF. I'm fucking pissed, I don't even care if this comment gets removed.

Thread Closed
Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts