Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Thread Closed
Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Hunter x Hunter Chapter 341 Spoiler Discussion (& One Shot)

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hunter x Hunter Chapter 341 Spoiler Discussion (& One Shot)

Interesting, wonder if Togashi got the idea from Dragon ball or it just coincidence.
    Spoiler show

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

It surely isn't a coincidence; just look at Meluem, he's obvioulsy inspired by Cell of DB.

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Kiba's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zasz View Post
    It surely isn't a coincidence; just look at Meluem, he's obvioulsy inspired by Cell of DB.
    but cell is not half as awesome as meruem

6. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kiba View Post
    but cell is not half as awesome as meruem
    Eheh, obviously; Meluem is a far more complex character.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member sinsin's Avatar
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by futurefrog View Post
    Screw you guys bumping this thread making me think the manga is back!!
    hahaha.,me too.!

I guess many of us is patiently waited that long.
    hey,guys off topic,do you think kurapika already have recovered the scarlet eyes,i think not,the one is YS arc is a copy right.
    So,maybe next chapter we see lot of kurapika action,perhaps Gon will join him

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member dougbp's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sinsin View Post
    hahaha.,me too.!

I guess many of us is patiently waited that long.
    hey,guys off topic,do you think kurapika already have recovered the scarlet eyes,i think not,the one is YS arc is a copy right.
    So,maybe next chapter we see lot of kurapika action,perhaps Gon will join him
    Don't you remember of Chapter 339? Togashi showed us a "new" Kurapika "praying" (I don't know) with some pair of scarlet eyes behind him.

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member sinsin's Avatar
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dougbp View Post
    Don't you remember of Chapter 339? Togashi showed us a "new" Kurapika "praying" (I don't know) with some pair of scarlet eyes behind him.
    Thanks dude,I totally forgot about these:
    http://www.batoto.net/read/_/88768/h...9_by_utopia/14
    Hmnn,gonna reread the election arc.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member exacta's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Meruem's design is definitely influenced by Cell, but that Rock-Paper-Scissors thing I really doubt. It was only used once in the whole series as far as I know, and works completely different from Gon's version of it.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member KingOfNight's Avatar
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zasz View Post
    That explains the Ki blasts !

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member zzigg's Avatar
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

Post hunter x hunter manga discussion

since i saw a lot of Miscellaneous threads about the manga
    and to avoid spoiling it for the non manga readers i'm starting this thread for general discussion about the hxh manga

starting with my most favorite evil character.... to obtain a three stars licence you have to have your students achieving something ...

so do you think that pariston's students will have an appearance in the next arcs

like kite for ging ? do you think they will be powerful or a band of cons and deceivers?

or it's just one?

i don't remember but i saw this somewhere

I wanna know why there are 18 missing hunters. Mizaistom(Cow) stated that being MIA is more grave than any bizarre death and Pariston is definitely involved somehow. When you consider that there exists people like Chrollo or Leol who can steal or borrow other people's nen as long as they are alive, and link that to previous Togashi works in YYH where there are demon plants that can trap enemies alive for a long time, it might be possible that the 18 missing hunters has been trapped, and kept alive for a purpose.
    But for what purpose?? Maybe Pariston can also steal/borrow/absorb nen, that could explain how he knows the feelings of being weak and how he rose up to the Zodiac ranks, by having the combined strength of 18 hunters. So let's say he absorbs 18 average hunters with mere 50 points, that's 900 points!

Being the Chairman of the HxH organization will give him access to all of the Hunter's data. Maybe the hunter license card can secretly measure nen ability and current location by GPS? That could explain why Ging never bothers to carry his hunter license around. His steps to erase his voice from the casette tapes shows that he's a very careful person and doesn't want his nen ability to be found out, because he'd be dead otherwise.
    Spoiler show
    Last edited by zzigg; January 09, 2013 at 05:04 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: hunter x hunter manga discussion

The hunter license is probably a GPS device but it takes more than that to locate someone because some Hunters sell/lose their license but they're not counted as 'missing' nor do they actually lose their status. Obviously someone in the association has some ability to sense where all the Hunters are under normal circumstances, otherwise they woudln't be able to send the news of the election to say the guys inside Greed Island. Since Pariston so far turned out to be a good guy we don't really know if the missing Hunters are really related to him (ought to be, but just can't say for sure), but if it's related toh im that says a lot about how powerful he is to avoid the detection of the association.

Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    Since Pariston so far turned out to be a good guy
    hhhhh seriously ?? when ????

don't be fooled by his smile or his tears...that's how powerfull this person is..even netero knew he is a trouble maker that's why he accepted him as vice chairman
    I predict that Pariston's masterplan is to immobilize and steal the nen of the strongest of hunters, until he can defeat the 5 strongest nen users, one of which is his biggest obstacle, Ging. Then he will be the strongest in the entire world.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The only tangible thing he did in the whole election arc was that he advised Chidol to change the rules for the Hunter Exam or be prepared to face some serious consequences, and looking at the kind of people they let in (Ilumi, Hisoka) he's 100% correct in his assessment.

You can't judge a character based on things he hasn't done.

Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

nop........
    who told you he meant it that way..he said if it gets ''boring'' meaning he
    had attention to make the rules even bloody and hard than the previous ones
    just for the x day ..he was planning to put the examiners in face of the chimera ants that was left behind in the palace
    that a simple example that show the real 'monster' he is

Spoiler show
    Last edited by zzigg; January 09, 2013 at 06:48 PM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Way to judge a character completely on hearsay. Pariston is a spectcular failure as an antagonist simply because he is actually a good guy. The blackmail stuff he did can be considered as just trash talk. The missing Hunters could be a freak accident. The money he's amassing may indeed be for the good of the Hunter's Association (I don't see the Zodiac saying Pariston took all the money and ran when he resigned, nor would it even make sense since he's going to the Dark Continent anyway). The X day can be viewed as a way to let an otherwise dysfunctional organization to see how insane it is to induct 5000 Ant hybrids into the ranks of the Hunters just because they're undoubtedly powerful fighting machines.

The only concrete action Pariston did in the whole arc was that he advised Chidol that the Hunter's Association is basically screwed up (which is proved by the Election Arc itself) and needs massive reforming. Just because all these guys swear he's the devil incarnate doesn't mean they can incriminate him without any evidence. By the end of the Election Arc, Pariston had effectively won everything as he planned and yet he gave up that power willingly. If he was supposed to be evil, why didn't he follow through with his plan as the new chairman? Based on the action thus far he's more like a 'bad cop' character who went took his role so that other people can see just how dysfunctional the Association has become. If he had any intention to follow through on any of his 'super duper evil' plans the world would already be screwed when he won the election.

Obviously Pariston is meant to be the evil one but there is zero incriminating evidence against him. You might as well have a character say "Anyone with a face like that must be evil". That's about as much evidence as all his accusers have on him. If somebody from the missing 18 Hunters somehow escaped and said Pariston did it, or that Ilumi said someone high up in the Association tipped him on this opportunity to go on a slaughter because the most powerful Hunters are already preocuppied, or anything else that'd ever connect him with wrongdoing it'd work, but if he's supposed to be evil he covered his tracks too well to the point he failed as a villian. By the way, if Pariston didn't take those cocoons, what happens to them? Would you just let 5000 aura users with Ants superhuman body hatch in the middle of nowhere? Hand them to a random government? Is the mighty Ging supposed to single handedly figure out how to properly integrate 5000 extremely powerful individuals into the human society? After all he can't just kill them, they're people with real memories and whatnot, just reborn with superhuman powers.

The cocoons themselves again illustrate how useless the Hunters are as a whole. The brain of the Zodiac, Chidol, was basically "What cocoons?" Or is Ging supposed to just fight 5000 of the Chimera Ant Commander level (if the army isn't that strong there's literally no point for the Royal guards to bother with them) guys when they hatch? Obviously Pariston could turn this army and set the world on fire (or at least a good portion of it) but it's also shown he clearly has a plan to how to peacefully resolve this as well, while rest of the Zodiac is oblivious to the fact that such a dangerous army even exists, and Ging at best is aware of the existence of such an army but offers no tangible method to deal with them should Pariston actually decide to do anything evil with them.

Thread Closed
Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast