Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (6/30/14 - 7/6/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 752 by cnet128 , Bleach 587 (2) , Gintama 501 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: [FEATURED] Vandenreich - Mega Convo Thread

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: [FEATURED] Vandenreich - Mega Convo Thread

Could very easily be an Arrancar who was a Quincy in his human life and retained his powers.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ancy's Avatar
    Country
    Water Tribe
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Trotter View Post
    Could very easily be an Arrancar who was a Quincy in his human life and retained his powers.
    Just wondering how do Quincies become Arrancars!!?... As far as I know, a soul that becomes a hollow loses its heart and mind at some point. If one loses his/her mind, how will he/she remember the time before dying?? As a result, how will he/she know whether he/she has Quincy powers? The manga underlined that Espadas have the ability to reason and recall some of the past occurrences. But those flashbacks were from their Arrancar/Espada era...not from the time they were humans. Nevertheless, I'm curious what Kubo has in store for us when it comes to this.

It's an interesting way of looking at it, though.
    "Take off your mask
    And you will see
    The freak in you
    The freak in me!
    "

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quincy dies.

Quincy becomes Hollow.

Hollow is turned to Arrancar by Aizen.

Arrancar still retains Quincy powers.

Zanpakutou may be quincy cross?

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

To update the thread:

There are two types of Vandenreich soldiers, Arrancar working for the Quincy and true Quincy, some older than SS captains, some probably not.:P
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

~ Forum Fixer ~ 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Miyagi's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

They're quincies but it seems they don't have human bodies because as far as we know humans can't live that long in Bleach. So either they died as quincies and found a way to use their old quincy powers in afterlife or they are still alive and they preserve their bodies by a yet unknown method. The place where they live, Ice Palace, makes me wonder if their bodies are frozen. Of course if they really need to be alive to use quincy powers, otherwise there's no point in doing that.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quincys exterminate souls, they would break one of their biggest sacrileges, if those were not human bodies. Using souls as pawns to win a thousand year old war might be the only exception they go with and as we can see, they kill most of those too anyway. They couldn't really say that they've waited a millenium, if they were encapsulated for the duration though.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Kurohitsugi's Avatar
    Country
    Antarctica
    Post Thanks / Like

'Star Knights' sounds as a really badass name for the Reich's Elite Units. I hope they wear a sort of armor, like the Teutonic Knights -since Kubo has implemented Germanic element on the Quincies. That blond bishonen guy with the long hair should be one of them, I assume. I also don't think that they are human Quincies. They should have a short life span otherwise. Maybe they are the souls of the Quincies and they keep their real bodies in that Ice Palace? We shall see.

On another note there are some theories stuck in my head lately. I believe that a key factor in this whole story will be Mayuri and what found back in Szayel's lab. These facts are connected somehow. And for a reason I am sure that Aizen knew about those guys as well. I can't believe it's a coincidence Vandereich rise to power right and only after his fall.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member devstauk's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I recon Azein put the bodies somewhere Mayuri would find them, i also think that the bodies were Quincy but obviously the souls or they were guinea pigs for their new teleport, my other theory is that the true quincy's are actually exactly like SS but only as everyone keeps pointing out is more like the third reich then a proper society. The true quincy's managed to create there own Seireitei for Quincy but this ended up in a war with Soul Society, which ended up dividing alot of Shinigami up.

I think the Buckbeard and Captain Commander rivalry is blood related, but that's just because the title of the arc being Thousand Year Blood War, i personally think the base is located in one of two places one is under the Kurosaki clinc or where Uryu went and trained by himself and where mayuri's 2nd in command went to talk speak with him after he lost his abilities but these are all pretty much long shots.

Little tocs-Coming Soon 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

How many Quincy do you think exist in Vandenreich? There shouldn't be many alive. What bothers me is their life span. I have pointed out earlier, Quincies are humans. They cannot live a life span of 100s of years. Unless, something happened.

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by thornofcarrion View Post
    How many Quincy do you think exist in Vandenreich? There shouldn't be many alive. What bothers me is their life span. I have pointed out earlier, Quincies are humans. They cannot live a life span of 100s of years. Unless, something happened.
    Unless they went soul form and tbh wouldnt they have to go soul form to attack SS or HM so makes sense they stayed indefinitely

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think an alliance with aizen was at any point viable. The main issue here is that it would be an awkward alliance where they would not trust each other. More so, the whole thing would be set up so that they would betray each other in the end. Aizen wasn't just one man either, he had 2 captains behind him and 10 captain level arrancar to boot along with the potential to use the orb to replace any fallen member reasonably fast. Being 13 strong (alongside with more VC level guys than what we care to count and ordinary menos and whatnot which exceed most regular seated officers) aizen and his army was effectively as strong as SS itself. Even if the two organizations fought together the one that would remain at the end would be the one with the most members left so as to take the other one.

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Buckbeard's gotta be ichigo's granddad surely!
    Spoiler show

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member NoOneInParticular's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I was thinking about the Quincy, and I've got a little theory...

In Bleach, there are a few destinations for souls - Soul Society, Hueco Mundo and Hell. But no mention of a Heaven. The system is one of a cycle of reincarnation, with irredeemably corrupt souls being removed from the cycle and descending to Hell. So based on Eastern beliefs. The Quincy are based on an angelic theme, with German as their signature language, so they're evidently based on a Western theme.

What if there actually is a Heaven? Quincy are said to completely erase souls with their powers, but what if that's not true. What if when they 'kill' souls, they're actually sending them straight to Heaven or Hell as appropriate, as Shinigami send Souls to SS, which is just the destination preceding the soul's rebirth on Earth.

The Shinigami work to preserve a cycle of perpetual reincarnation, but the Quincy view be that this is wrong, and souls should live eternally in Heaven or Hell - Eastern vs. Western religious beliefs.

The Quincy might be agents of some deity in Heaven, as the Shinigami are agents of the Soul King. It could all come down to a power struggle between these two gods, with the god of Heaven being the true power, and Bach simply being his champion, or an angel.

Just a theory...

New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2