Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: HSDK 467 Discussion/ 468 Predictions

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: HSDK 467 Discussion/ 468 Predictions

The chapter was interesting, mainly because Saiga's approval on Kenichi and Miu.
    About Saiga... I totally didn't expect the guy to be like this. He really surprised me, because he totally doesn't look like the one who can be a Satjujinken. He looks more like Ryozanpaku Masters. He will be an interesting oponent to fight.

The thing I actually didn't like that the chapter was that small.

Still it would be a shame if Saiga just went away without kicking Jenazad's ass. And it's going to be interesting in the next chapter as we are going to witness the result of Jenazad's and Hongou's fight. Hope Akira isn't dead.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, for me the chapter cleared the doubt I always had about saiga. Given his past, I always thought he could have 1 out of 2 personalities. The first would be that the constant fighting made him go straight up insane hence why he turned to the killing fist and into a character roughly similar to zilcaldo or alexander gaidar. The other alternative would be what we saw, a roughly kind dude who sincerely believes there are times when you gotta do what you gotta do which includes killing for the greater dude. Its not that strange that he took this particular personality, we have seen that yami in general has a rather liberal interpretation of the killing fist. Zilcaldo kills because it is fun and perhaps his only instinct, akira seems to be more along the lines of killing solely other martial artists and only when in actual combat (he is willing to kill an enemy who is willing to kill him, for him its more of a matter of respect towards someone who is putting his life on the line against him)... Saiga would seem to be along the line of thought of killing when absolutely necessary so to speak considering what we saw. He killed his wife as we saw in miu's flashback however he was unwilling o kill he masters who served junazad who we have no reason to believe akira or kushinada would have spared a second thought for. I guess saiga ulimately believes he is being pragmatic and when he finished his wife he had a pretty big reason (which is not to say it was justified, she might have simply been in the way of something which he thought was for the greater good).

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    North Pole
    Post Thanks / Like

Great chapters, this series is really staying good.

Not too surprised that Saiga is a "good guy," since Hongou is, too. But I think maybe that's just one side of him - he can keep from killing if he wants to. Maybe that was his way to thank Kenichi for staying so devoted to Miu. But I think we have yet to see his darker side - which Jenazad might get to see up close pretty soon...

I think Saiga's like the Elder, but with the capacity to be completely brutal, occasionally.

I don't know, but I think it speaks to Kenichi's affect on people, that Saiga didn't just murder his foes. That's the feeling I got.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Zoro #1's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrs View Post
    Great chapters, this series is really staying good.

Not too surprised that Saiga is a "good guy," since Hongou is, too. But I think maybe that's just one side of him - he can keep from killing if he wants to. Maybe that was his way to thank Kenichi for staying so devoted to Miu. But I think we have yet to see his darker side - which Jenazad might get to see up close pretty soon...

I think Saiga's like the Elder, but with the capacity to be completely brutal, occasionally.

I don't know, but I think it speaks to Kenichi's affect on people, that Saiga didn't just murder his foes. That's the feeling I got.
    I am really waiting for the day when kenichi might show his darker side. I just want to see what he is capable of doing when is on pure blood thirst. Saiga somewhat gave me an impression of kenichi, don't know why.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I really wouldn't look too deeply into saiga not killing those masters. IMO it merely means he specifically picks the people he has to kill and does not do so when there is no gain from it. We saw a very real flashback of miu where saiga did kill miu's mom and through the elder's story we got to see that she was indeed dead after the fight. All in all, there simply was not need to kill those guys, they were not a threat to him nor the others there. If they had been a threat or had saiga perceived some greater good would have been achieved by killing them then I have no doubt he would have done so. The elder even said something along the lines of that, saiga believed small quantities of blood had to be spilled for the greater good.
    http://www.mangareader.net/historys-...-kenichi/430/9

Even if hayato portrayed saiga in a somewhat negative light, the grossed most exaggerated interpretation of what he said would still not imply that saiga went apeshit insane and murdered innocent bystanders for fun and made burgers out of babies.

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SaitoSpike's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

hey chapter's out

http://www.mangareader.net/historys-...le-kenichi/468

very surprised to see Hongo keep up with Jenezad to be honnest, oh and yeah Saiga's gone already, or so it seems

---------- Post added at 12:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:41 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zoro #1 View Post
    I am really waiting for the day when kenichi might show his darker side. I just want to see what he is capable of doing when is on pure blood thirst. Saiga somewhat gave me an impression of kenichi, don't know why.
    i really dont think he has one he seems more like a goku, then again u never know if miu looked dead in front of him he could snap, but thats pretty much the only way i can picture it happening
    Last edited by SaitoSpike; March 23, 2012 at 11:46 AM.

Only one thing stirs my emotion. Aku. Soku. Zan. For the sake of my justice alone!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member TemplateR's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SaitoSpike View Post
    hey chapter's out

http://www.mangareader.net/historys-...le-kenichi/468

very surprised to see Hongo keep up with Jenezad to be honnest, oh and yeah Saiga's gone already, or so it seems
    Thread is already done and opened by me

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    North Pole
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zoro #1 View Post
    Ah, yeah there is a big resemblance between Saiga and Kenichi! Both the look of the characters and their personalities. I wonder if Saiga likes gardening, too!

You may be right, Kenichi might be tempted by the Killing-Fist style at some point. But I think he already was, and passed the test, right? In the forest with Kensei (I think)?

New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3