Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply

Thread: FAN Colorings

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member mrsticky005's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

FAN Colorings

Post your fan colorings here! Remember they don't need to look like either anime's version
    of the colors as there really is no "official" colors in Hunter x Hunter. So just color what
    sounds cool to you.

I did a coloring of Canary.

Post your colors here!

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member steadynco's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: FAN Colorings

Nice work. Is this how Canaria looked in the anime? Kinda looks like chicken feet in her hair lol =P

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by steadynco View Post
    Nice work. Is this how Canaria looked in the anime? Kinda looks like chicken feet in her hair lol =P

No, in the 1999 anime she has red hair and is light skinned to white. I dunno how she will
    look in the 2011 anime. It would be nice if they gave her a darker complexion though.
    Not that anything is wrong with a white to light complexion (I mean I'm white after all.)
    But to me Canary looks like she would be black and it's always nice to have a mix of
    skin tones in the anime IMO. I mean wouldn't it dull to watch if everyone was the
    same shade? I'm not even talking about from a racial perspective but just strictly
    a visual one. Hunter x Hunter is suppose to be a pretty diverse world you can tell
    just by looking at the different character designs.

But you're right it does look like chicken feet. But how does it taste?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member TheAmericandream's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I never saw her as white, and I saw her in the 1999 anime first. Just light skinned African American maybe. (I happen to be black myself, slightly fairer skinned)

Spoiler show

Her red hair does through you off but I felt her design was always distinctly of african descent of some sort. I like your colors too, but to be fair she's not colored with a greyscale shading that Togashi normally uses for dark skinned characters (see Abegane? the nen remover from Greed Island) Still I hope she is some kinda brown in the new show. We'll find out soon won't we~!
    Last edited by TheAmericandream; March 17, 2012 at 12:24 PM.

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmericandream View Post
    I never saw her as white, and I saw her in the 1999 anime first. Just light skinned African American maybe. (I happen to be black myself, slightly fairer skinned)

Spoiler show

Her red hair does through you off but I felt her design was always distinctly of african descent of some sort. I like your colors too, but to be fair she's not colored with a greyscale shading that Togashi normally uses for dark skinned characters (see Abegane? the nen remover from Greed Island) Still I hope she is some kinda brown in the new show. We'll find out soon won't we~!
    It's not really that she looks white but more it seems she's "whitewashed" in a sense.
    Like she should be black but they ran out of brown crayolas or something.

I don't think the greyscale thingy matters. Because how do you know that Togashi
    is being consistent? Also if you notice I made Canary really more of a brown complexion
    than a black complexion. Abegane I would think be actually black in skin tone.
    IMO Abegane was WAY too light skin in Greed Island.

Basically...

Canary would be roughly about

and Abegane would be about

Also to be fair I don't think the transition from what was actually drawn in the 1999
    anime to what was broadcast came out too great. I mean look, in the character
    sketch she clearly has a purple suit but in the actual anime it looks more blue.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Netero's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

This is what Canary will look like in the new anime. Click the spoiler if you wan't to see.

HUNTER x HUNTER
    Isaac Netero

"That's A Bad Move... Little Ant"

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Netero View Post
    This is what Canary will look like in the new anime. Click the spoiler if you wan't to see.

Well at least she looks less like the bastard child of Carrot Top and Side Show Bob!

But dang...Gotoh looks like a ghost!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member TheAmericandream's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

oh wow, I love it! Good Canary colors. Though I did like her reddish brown hair, that skin definitely an improvement. This is a spoiler I don't mind. I'd love to see all the color choices for future arcs honestly. I spend a lot of time trying to think who might be what color in the new anime.

New Reply