Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)
New Reply
Page 43 of 58 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43 44 45 53 ... LastLast

Thread: Air Gear by Oh! Great

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Air Gear 349 Discussion/ 350 Predictions

Ok, let me be the one to comment first on the chapter itself.

It seems like this is only and just the time that Ikki broke out of his cage. Not against that battle with Rika where she flipped her.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brandnewkid's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

So, I understand how Ikki was able to use the vacuum - it's not because he's a 'genius' that can copy moves, but the vacuum trick was more or less a variation of the "wind blast" Ikki usually does; it's just using the principle of suction compressed into a ball - but what I don't understand is how that made him faster than Sora. I kinda like but at the same time don't like how Ikki's supposed to be a friggin' moron yet he's able to come up with some slick shit like that on the fly. I understand being stupid and then pulling off some impressive, clever trick at the brink of despair - a lot of heroes do that. But, what Ikki does isn't just being "clever." He outright does things that only a scientist would theoretically think of. Same with Onigiri. The Smell Road was more than just his perversion - he clearly realized the explosive and revolutionary power of using nitrogen. I'd understand if another character told them about these ideas, like how Mikan originally told Ikki about the Pumping Blast phenomenon in the battle against the Rez Boa Dogs, but now they battle using their own ingeniuity. They're supposed to be dumb delinquents that were in danger of repeating a grade at one point, but I'm starting to think that their comedic boasts of being geniuses are actually them speaking the truth.
    Last edited by Brandnewkid; March 18, 2012 at 01:09 PM.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impossibility's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

I totally thought I was the only one desperate for an appearance by somebody, anybody. Theoretically, this battle should be amazing....in actuality it is mind-numbing. At this point I wouldn't mind a random explosion that wipes out Ikki and Sora, and then we could pretend that none of this ever happened and move on with the likes of Kazu and Sleeping Forest. How is it possible that almost everyone in the manga has had more entertaining battles than the main character?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member TemplateR's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Air Gear 350 Spoiler Thread

5. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member suarhnir's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

oyos

personally, i like ringo's ultimate form of the thorn regalia over rika's... at the least, it doesn't have as big of a crotch spike. also, ringo's actually looks prettier where as rika's is more warrior like.

it is nice that we finally see what is happening with rika and ringo again. sora is down one mecha magic leg... i still think that there is some other function for those legs other than being able to work with the sky regalia.
    Quidquid latet apparebit.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Ringo's regalia looks fine except for the unnecessary bondage rope on her crotch. OG's like a fucking middle school child.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Laif's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

What can I say.. I really liked the LEGO bricks part.. reminds me of old times. and page 11 was pretty cool too. But Ikki vs Sora... BOOOORRRIIINNGGGG I hope Thorn Queens will give us some good action.

Mangahelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ghostexiled's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Air Gear Air Gear 351 Discussion/ 352 Predictions

This is where you can post all the spoilers for the next chapter of Air Gear!

24 Hour Spoiler Rule:
    • Mangahelpers enforces a temporary blockade for discussion of new spoilers/chapters. This blockade ends 24 hours after raws are publicly released.
    • For series with a forum, please keep all discussion regarding the newest chapter and its content inside the spoiler/chapter discussions until 24 hours have passed after the raw/chapter's release.
    • Please wait 24 hours before using art from new chapters in signatures and avatars.
    • Please wait 24 hours before posting any art based on new chapters in the art and stories section.
    • The 24 hour rule will be strictly enforced. This is a courtesy rule. Not every member reads spoilers and not everyone can read new chapters as soon as they are released.
    Spoiler Pics and Translations:
    • At Mangahelpers we only allow three manga pages to be posted directly as spoilers.
    • This rule is not judged based on the number of thumbnails but the number of pages pictured.
    • Please provide hyperlinks for any excess pages.
    • Please do not re-post already available spoiler pics or summaries.
    • International translations may be posted in the spoiler discussion thread. A moderator will add it with credit to the English translation in the spoiler pics and summaries thread.
    • Do not significantly edit your post after more posts have been made. Please make a new post if new spoilers are available.
    For-Profit Download Links
    • If a for-profit download link is provided, we ask that a non-profit alternative is available in the same post.
    • Linking to another website with for-profit download links and no non-profit alternative also violates site rules.
    • Mangahelpers asks that members who may not be comfortable using sites that help turn a profit for pirated material have a choice.
    • Mediafire, Rapidshare, and Sendspace are all non-profit links. Providing any of these as a download link fulfills the non-profit alternative requirement.
    • Spoiler: list of for-profit sites show
    Spoiler: Formatting Spoiler Posts show

http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php/75966-Air-Gear-351-Spoiler-Thread"]here.[/url]

Moderator message by: ghostexiled
    For future chapter providers... please do not create a new thread for its release. Post it in this Spoiler thread or PM me if it is closed so that I can open it.
    Last edited by ghostexiled; April 02, 2012 at 02:10 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Air Gear 350 Discussion/ 351 Predictions

I can't believe I missed this. Ringo's eye is fully healed even though it was all fucked up a few chapters ago.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Oyos

Lol, oh did't you know? The freezing temperatures outstside instantaneously stopped the swelling and then she was magically healed by her regalia's ultimate form. I am still skepticle about ringo's regalia being genuine though so I wonder how much longer it will hold up in the fight

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member DragonOsman2's Avatar
    Country
    Saudi Arabia
    Post Thanks / Like

It has a core, doesn't it? Of course it's a genuine Regalia. But yeah, I guess we'll see(?).

@Laif: I'd say, "To each his own," but, you really think Ikki vs. Sora is boring? Come on; there have been so many cool and intense scenes already, and you're saying it's a boring fight? How so?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Oyos

There has been no confirmation that it has a genuine core. That key that orca guarded only possessed the rune code associated to the thorn regalia. Everything was "glossed" over from the storm regalia being made to ringo and ikki infiltrating the tower. There was definitely the material to make one but whether kururu had the energy to also make a genuine thorn regalia core to use with kiric's design is still uncertain. Unless a character says so clearly or o!g mentions it, ringo is for the moment, without a genuine core.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by suarhnir View Post
    Oyos

There has been no confirmation that it has a genuine core. That key that orca guarded only possessed the rune code associated to the thorn regalia. Everything was "glossed" over from the storm regalia being made to ringo and ikki infiltrating the tower. There was definitely the material to make one but whether kururu had the energy to also make a genuine thorn regalia core to use with kiric's design is still uncertain. Unless a character says so clearly or o!g mentions it, ringo is for the moment, without a genuine core.
    I think it's genuine. There are lots of materials - particularly DG-27 - inside the ship in which you can build a regalia upon. Since the Rune code was definitely passed down to Kururu, she definitely made a new and genuine Thorn Regalia after making the Storm (though OG just didn't emphasized it, it should have been understood).

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Oyos

Rune code does not equal core blue prints. The rune codes are a separate part of the regalia. There are 3 parts to the regalia: core, wheel, code. The code only applies to the sky regalia, the wheel and core are the physical components that can work independently or in connjunction with sky regalia. It would be like having a computer and you can use all the functions except for the password locked files and networks. the core would be like the processor, with a sub regalia being equivalent to a really old processor and a real regalia having the latest processor.
    Last edited by suarhnir; March 30, 2012 at 01:49 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member TemplateR's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Air Gear 351 Spoiler Thread

17. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 43 of 58 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43 44 45 53 ... LastLast