Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/14/14 - 4/20/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 (2)
New Reply
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: The Breaker : New Waves 64 Discussion

Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DarkLordOfKichiku's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Breaker : New Waves 64 Discussion / 65 Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by Hiro Hayase View Post
    Hyuk So-Chun is probably being manipulated judging by the chapter, but I guess he is starting to suspect his adviser now after these rumors are being spread throughout the branch clans.
    Well, so far the guy seems to be playing the part of the Treacherous Advisor, with Hyuk being the Naive Guy who wouldn't distrust his teacher. Still, we don't know the full score yet.

Quote Originally Posted by svyatoslav View Post
    And the SUC guy is trying hard to escalate it, hmm....
    So it would seem, though one might wonder for what purpose... Maybe he wants Chundomoon to become too cripped to do anything when SUC strikes? Or maybe he simply wants the Head of the house to be one he can easily manipulate into helping SUC.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLordOfKichiku View Post
    So it would seem, though one might wonder for what purpose... Maybe he wants Chundomoon to become too cripped to do anything when SUC strikes? Or maybe he simply wants the Head of the house to be one he can easily manipulate into helping SUC.
    That depends on whether Hyuk's brother is involved with the SUC or not. The fact that the Mask is stoking the fire makes it seem that's not the case, but then again, the Mask could be playing both sides in favor of the interests of the BFD group. Still a lot we don't know, this could just be a simple yet effective attempt to weaken the Heavenly Way School and the MAA along with them by BFD/SUC. Time will tell.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity LoS's Avatar
    Country
    Isle of Man
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLordOfKichiku View Post
    Well, so far the guy seems to be playing the part of the Treacherous Advisor, with Hyuk being the Naive Guy who wouldn't distrust his teacher. Still, we don't know the full score yet.
    First, I would like to say I am glad at the # of people picking up on this and posting about it. That said, keep in mind Hyuk is for all intents and purposes a prodigy, as has been mentioned and displayed, physically and mentally mind you. We witnessed Hyuk sniff out the ex alliance chief's plan and try his best to undermine his plot in part 1. It is hard to believe Hyuk doesn't see what is going on and isn't simply playing along until a time where he can strike and make all correct not only within his house but also with the martial arts alliance. He can't currently take one side alone since it will effect the other.
    The OG that ran Bleach for near a decade is no more.
    Cheers to a boss villain, I tip my hat to you Aizen

Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DarkLordOfKichiku's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by svyatoslav View Post
    That depends on whether Hyuk's brother is involved with the SUC or not. The fact that the Mask is stoking the fire makes it seem that's not the case, but then again, the Mask could be playing both sides in favor of the interests of the BFD group. Still a lot we don't know, this could just be a simple yet effective attempt to weaken the Heavenly Way School and the MAA along with them by BFD/SUC. Time will tell.
    Quote Originally Posted by LoS View Post
    First, I would like to say I am glad at the # of people picking up on this and posting about it. That said, keep in mind Hyuk is for all intents and purposes a prodigy, as has been mentioned and displayed, physically and mentally mind you. We witnessed Hyuk sniff out the ex alliance chief's plan and try his best to undermine his plot in part 1. It is hard to believe Hyuk doesn't see what is going on and isn't simply playing along until a time where he can strike and make all correct not only within his house but also with the martial arts alliance. He can't currently take one side alone since it will effect the other.

Well, I just made a post about this elsewhere. I think we're faced with three possibilites here:

1. The Sa-Hyung is in cahoots the SUC and wants the Chundomoon to fully support SUC. Presumably, he could also be of higher rank than Hyuk himself - that'd explain why the moustache guy (Je-Gal) is supporting SUC - he has orders to do so from those above Hyuk himself...

2. Hyuk is the one in cahoots with SUC and his Sa-Hyung is opposing him. The conflict is the way it is because Hyuk wants Chundomoon to support SUC, but his Sa-Hyung is in his way at the moment.

3. Neither is in cahoots with SUC. Je-Gal is just fanning the fires of a conflict within Chundomoon, perhaps one he created himself even, in the hope that the Chundomoon will be too weakened to do anything by the time SUC sets their plan in motion or Goomoonrying returns. Or possibly, he's trying to get Hyuk to become the Head of Chundomoon or something, in the hopes that he'll be able to manipulate Hyuk once he's the head or something (it'd explain why he's pouring honey or however the saying goes into Hyuks ears at the moments - "The world will need those like you, young master", "You're the one worthy to have the power", etc)

Time will tell which it is indeed, I guess.
    Last edited by DarkLordOfKichiku; March 23, 2012 at 03:26 AM.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I was impressed that we got both the early Daum release and then the early chapter release. It was interesting, that's for sure. I'm not sure how I feel about an angry Shioon though. It's true that I want him to be stronger, but...

I still think Hyuk's innocent, but only time will tell...

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Afghanistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Jigun needs to wake up and bitchslap him right now.. nothing good will happen if you fight with recklessness and anger and using BHT in his state will not help anyone. Hopefully shion will get past this state and go back to being a girl hearted he is.

Well the rematch is inevitable as seen in the chapter but knowing hyuk (boy version of sera) he will sure notice that there's something happening in his clan.

Spoiler show

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner ShadowGM's Avatar
    Country
    Finland
    Post Thanks / Like

Next few chapters are gonna be awesome, hopefully we will see some of the contents of BHT from his phone..
    //But I being poor, Have only my dreams, I have spread my dreams under your feet, Thread softly as you thread on my dreams.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member S-H-I-G-U-R-E's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Awesoooooomeeeeee!!! Shioon is finally going to "complete" his training! Awesome! That alone made the chapter! Also, the Doctor is going to restore his ki centers soon (I guess), thus powering him up even more. On top of that, Shioon also pretty much learned the special training techinque of Sera's school... so... omg! He's gonna kick asses!!!

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member hopeandlight's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

2 good things!
    Hyuk So-Chun is gonna play a big part in the storyline coming up
    two, the author finds a way to include characters back at home , creates another dimension, sahee's calls ( can't remember when's the last manga this showed up)

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Hunter Reborn's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

So this volume has start to become the fall of Shioon into the world of murim. If i remember correctly the other reasons he did not go was leaving his mother and Sae-hee, which really in the last volume were the only things that might have been the only things to live for before he met sunsengnim. I think it will be a slow process and there might be a break coming up soon, since all the reader is getting is build up information. can not wait either

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member GOOMOONRYONG's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoa View Post
    hyuk blocked his soul crushing strike without problems... Kwon can do it too
    Yeah I forgot he did that before oopsy.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member nanoclarkology's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

What will be interesting is Shioon training overnight in the secret and he is going to kick some booty. But I have an issue with his killing intent. Come on learn to regulate your anger at those responsible not someone trying to train you.

13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member S-H-I-G-U-R-E's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

What never fails to leave me at a loss for words is the apparent inability of Shioon to understand that he himself is a far greater genius than anyone he ever ecountered. How long will it take for him to realize that?!

BTW, I think that Jinie is going to play a big role in bringing Shioon back to sanity, since I have the feeling he's gonna lose it to the Heaven and Earth technique, at least the first time he's going to use it.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity NAM61's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by S-H-I-G-U-R-E View Post
    What never fails to leave me at a loss for words is the apparent inability of Shioon to understand that he himself is a far greater genius than anyone he ever ecountered. How long will it take for him to realize that?!

BTW, I think that Jinie is going to play a big role in bringing Shioon back to sanity, since I have the feeling he's gonna lose it to the Heaven and Earth technique, at least the first time he's going to use it.
    i agree on both point first he learned the foot techs just by looking at 9ad doing them and masters sera clans tech in a few week while what did they say it usually takes 10 years or something. and he will probably go in to the crazy form 9ad went into after shiho was killed. even the guy cant remember his name that was with shwoon after he learned about his mom said shwoons eye reminded him of 9ad the night he went crazy. and i do agree jinnie will be the one who brings he back like he himself did to 9ad. next chapters should be awesome.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member nanoclarkology's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I just reread the chapter again. It is so good. I like the fact that kwon told Shioon that it wasn't training and that it wasn't a proper match. That he was just blowing off steam. Why does no one know about his pills? The look in his eye at the end when he mentioned GMR was priceless. He is under the impression that GMR's martial arts can beat Hyuk which isn't the case. Basically we know it is Shioon himself that can beat anyone. I just hope we don't see zombie mode Shioon any more.

New Reply
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast