Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)
Thread Closed
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Bleach Fan League (BFL) Thread

Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity alphabeta's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bleach Fan League (BFL) Thread

Is it possible to change predictions midway during the round?

~ Forum Fixer ~ 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Miyagi's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, you can change your predictions as long as results aren't announced.

Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Predictions for Round 7:

warbandit66 vs -Ken- ------> Draw
    Darjaille vs Jyten ------> Draw
    thornofcarrion vs Kaoz -------> thorn wins
    jimtors vs FrostyMouse -------> jimstor wins

---------- Post added at 09:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:27 AM ----------

Also, what happens in the case of the 1st place being shared by multiple players? Additional matches?

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by alphabeta View Post
    Also, what happens in the case of the 1st place being shared by multiple players? Additional matches?
    Here's tiebreaker rules:

Quote Quote:
    At the end of seven rounds, the team which has the most points wins the league. If two or more teams have equal points, the team(s) with higher number of wins will be ranked higher. If number of wins are also equal, points taken in the fight(s) between those teams will be used to break the tie. If there’s still a tie, the teams will share the same place.

Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

I really should read the fules in the OP

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Round 7 Predictions

warbandit66 vs -Ken- --> warbandit66
    Darjaille vs Jyten --> Jyten
    thornofcarrion vs Kaoz --> toc
    jimtors vs FrostyMouse --> Draw

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Kaoz won 1st Bleach Fan League, congratulations, Kaoz.

alphabeta shared the first place with me in prediction league, congratulations, alphabeta.

Short results of Round 7:

warbandit66 vs -Ken- --> Draw
    Darjaille vs Jyten --> Both lose (auto-loss)
    thornofcarrion vs Kaoz --> Kaoz wins
    jimtors vs FrostyMouse --> jimtors wins (auto-win)

Detailed results with all strategies and fights are in OP.

warbandit66 vs -Ken- was a very interesting and exciting encounter, both of the fights ended in a draw, which cost warbandit66 the title. Congratulations to warbandit66 for his commendable effort though. Kaoz took advantage of this opportunity and claimed the title by defeating thornofcarrion in the final round. Kaoz also finished the competition as the only player who didn't suffer defeat. alphabeta and I shared the first place in prediction league, Kaoz's strategy to predict his own loss proved effective once again though.

Thanks to everybody who participated in BFL and Prediction League. Feel free to post your opinions and suggestions about 1st BFL and future leagues. We'd like to hear your comments to make BFL even more fun.
    Last edited by Miyagi; May 06, 2012 at 05:10 PM.

8. Thanks 4 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Mmm ecstasy~!

Congrats to alpha and Miyagi for winning the prediction league, ggs to everyone who participated. Will post comments at some later point.

10. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity warbandit66's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations on your victory Kaoz.
    Jiraiya: His hair are the best

Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
    Will post comments at some later point.
    Seconded.

I really liked the idea of the BFL and I have a couple suggestions to make things even better.

---------- Post added at 08:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:41 PM ----------

Gratz, Kaoz btw.

---------- Post added at 08:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:41 PM ----------

Oh, and obviously to you, too, Miyagi.

13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    The Original 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations Kaoz, Miyagi, and Alpha. Thank you Miyagi for making it possible and doing all the hard work. I enjoyed it a lot. Lets host it frequently. Please let us know what you think about BFL. Would really like to hear your suggestions and comments.

15. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Custom Title 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Darjaille's Avatar
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Ah sorry, something came up so I wasn't able to send my strategy ^^,

So...... congrats Kaoz~~~ And you even chose your characters as the last...

And congrats to alpha and Pat as well~ The next time when we play, I should actually try this predictions XD

ex oriente lux

17. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok, now that the first BFL is over, we have a better idea about the overall experience, what do you members think about BFL in general?

- If you didn't participate in BFL, was there a particular reason? Do you think the system is too complicated?

- What do you think about the abilities? Are the explanations easy to understand? Are abilities too similar or is there enough variety? Do the abilities reflect the characters accurately?

- What do you think about the characters? Do you think they are indeed balanced? Do we have enough of them or do you want to have a second tier of characters? If we have more characters, will we have more players or more characters per player?

- What about strategies? Does having a good strategy give you an edge or do you think the results are mostly random and a matter of luck? Do making a strategy and calculating the results take too much time or is it simple enough? Or do we need a system which allows more complex strategies and less random results?

- What about the fight format? We have two 1 vs 1 fights, would you rather have one 2 vs 2 fight, i.e. teamwork? One 3 vs 3 or two 2 vs 2 fights perhaps.

- What about the duration of a round, which was three days? Do you want more time or do you want BFL to proceed quicker?

- Is the tiebreaking system fair? Should we give three points for each win as in football?

- What about losses by default? Is it better to let a player use his/her strategy for previous round(s) if he/she fails to submit one for the current round?

- What kind of changes can we do in prediction league? Is it a good idea to give more points for results which were guessed by less people? How would that system work?

19. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Miyagi View Post
    - What do you think about the abilities? Are the explanations easy to understand? Are abilities too similar or is there enough variety? Do the abilities reflect the characters accurately?
    While I prefer more abstract ability descriptions (although it's also for my own convenience admitedly), they are easily understandable at the moment. If you decide to make things more complex, having them a bit more structured might be a good idea though.

As for variety, I personally wouldn't mind some more, but you would have added complexity in that case which might have other issues.

Can't comment on the last one.

- What do you think about the characters? Do you think they are indeed balanced? Do we have enough of them or do you want to have a second tier of characters? If we have more characters, will we have more players or more characters per player?
    Only adressing the last one here, if you keep only 1v1 battles, I think more players would be preferable, if you add other formats, more characters per player would work better.

- What about strategies? Does having a good strategy give you an edge or do you think the results are mostly random and a matter of luck? Do making a strategy and calculating the results take too much time or is it simple enough? Or do we need a system which allows more complex strategies and less random results?
    Whether it's luck or not is hard to say with the small sample size we have. In order to determine that accurately, we'd need to know the expected outcome of a match (i.e. when you calculate all possible ability combinations, who is more likely to win), compare those to the actual outcome and then determine how much time someone spent on making theirs.

As for myself, I find the process rather simple and took 8-10 minutes per round to make a line-up. That includes actually checking what my opponent's characters are capable of, writing and sending the PM etc.

(Of course, as you probably know by now, I'm never opposed to a more complex system as long as I don't have to spend hours calculating the outcome.)

- What about the fight format? We have two 1 vs 1 fights, would you rather have one 2 vs 2 fight, i.e. teamwork? One 3 vs 3 or two 2 vs 2 fights perhaps.
    Depends on the amount of characters per players I'd say.
    -2 characters: 2 1v1 fights
    -3 characters: 1 3v3 fight
    -4 characters: 2 1v1 fights and 1 2v2 fight

It also depends on how close to the manga you want to keep this since there apparently are mostly 1v1 fights and only a limited amount of supporting abilities overall.

- What about the duration of a round, which was three days? Do you want more time or do you want BFL to proceed quicker?
    4 days. I think a good amount of the auto losses could have been avoided with that additional day.

- Is the tiebreaking system fair? Should we give three points for each win as in football?
    I would prefer having two points per win to keep things closer throughout the season, but eh. If you decided to have more players and a KO stage, this might be worth reconsidering though.

- What about losses by default? Is it better to let a player use his/her strategy for previous round(s) if he/she fails to submit one for the current round?
    I'd say keep the default losses. It's not exactly great to lose points against someone who couldn't be bothered to send something in.

- What kind of changes can we do in prediction league? Is it a good idea to give more points for results which were guessed by less people? How would that system work?
    That might be an interesting idea. You could either base it on the current standings (so if someone with 3 wins and 1 loss plays against someone with 0 wins and 4 losses, betting on the latter would give you more points), the expected, calculated outcome, on the way people predicted (e.g. 4 people predicted A's win and only 1 person predicted B's win, if B actually wins that person gets more points than the other 4 would have gotten in the case A had won), or a combination of the three.

21. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not too sure if the ability reflected the ability in the manga accurately. I don't believe that ability A is as strong as ability B, for example. The "ultimate" for each characters are not equal in the manga.

I'm aware that players can pick their characters, which made the balance in the game a little bit in the air. I'm not sure about their balance. We haven't try enough fights with the variation in their techniques to have a big enough sample size. The sample size would have to be a lot bigger.

I would prefer it more if there's "cost" which is relative to characters' strength. The "balance" also is a difficult things to archive without the cost. If it were balance, it means that each characters in the game, IF the owner pick the move right, should be able to get a draw against the opponent. Otherwise, the opponent characters is a "stronger" characters. I recommend tallying up all the results for each characters to see their win and lose history. And if you can form a tier with that tallies, there's a hole you need to fill. Also, if you saw some constant win or lose history, that is also something you might want to fix.

I feel like 3 characters per player would be more enjoyable. I do think good strategy CAN pay off. But there's only a small sample size right now, so it's hard to be sure. And there's only 2 characters slot. There's only so much you can do with it. With 3, you are forced to do much more prediction.

I'm fine with duration of each round. My auto-loss comes from my midterm, so it's my own fault.

---

That's it for my review of this game. It might look like a lot of negative, but I actually do enjoy the game. So thanks for running it!

P.S. Might as well do a little advertisement here, because there seemed to be members who enjoyed playing games. I opened up a new game in Role Playing forum. Take a look!
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

23. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
Thread Closed
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast