Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/7/14 - 7/13/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Is it possible to change predictions midway during the round?
Yes, you can change your predictions as long as results aren't announced.
Predictions for Round 7:
warbandit66 vs -Ken- ------> Draw
Darjaille vs Jyten ------> Draw
thornofcarrion vs Kaoz -------> thorn wins
jimtors vs FrostyMouse -------> jimstor wins
---------- Post added at 09:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:27 AM ----------
Also, what happens in the case of the 1st place being shared by multiple players? Additional matches?
I really should read the fules in the OP
Round 7 Predictions
warbandit66 vs -Ken- --> warbandit66
Darjaille vs Jyten --> Jyten
thornofcarrion vs Kaoz --> toc
jimtors vs FrostyMouse --> Draw
Kaoz won 1st Bleach Fan League, congratulations, Kaoz.
alphabeta shared the first place with me in prediction league, congratulations, alphabeta.
Short results of Round 7:
warbandit66 vs -Ken- --> Draw
Darjaille vs Jyten --> Both lose (auto-loss)
thornofcarrion vs Kaoz --> Kaoz wins
jimtors vs FrostyMouse --> jimtors wins (auto-win)
Detailed results with all strategies and fights are in OP.
warbandit66 vs -Ken- was a very interesting and exciting encounter, both of the fights ended in a draw, which cost warbandit66 the title. Congratulations to warbandit66 for his commendable effort though. Kaoz took advantage of this opportunity and claimed the title by defeating thornofcarrion in the final round. Kaoz also finished the competition as the only player who didn't suffer defeat. alphabeta and I shared the first place in prediction league, Kaoz's strategy to predict his own loss proved effective once again though.
Thanks to everybody who participated in BFL and Prediction League. Feel free to post your opinions and suggestions about 1st BFL and future leagues. We'd like to hear your comments to make BFL even more fun.
Last edited by Miyagi; May 06, 2012 at 05:10 PM.
Congrats to alpha and Miyagi for winning the prediction league, ggs to everyone who participated. Will post comments at some later point.
Congratulations on your victory Kaoz.
I really liked the idea of the BFL and I have a couple suggestions to make things even better.
---------- Post added at 08:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:41 PM ----------
Gratz, Kaoz btw.
---------- Post added at 08:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:41 PM ----------
Oh, and obviously to you, too, Miyagi.
Congratulations Kaoz, Miyagi, and Alpha. Thank you Miyagi for making it possible and doing all the hard work. I enjoyed it a lot. Lets host it frequently. Please let us know what you think about BFL. Would really like to hear your suggestions and comments.
Ah sorry, something came up so I wasn't able to send my strategy ^^,
So...... congrats Kaoz~~~ And you even chose your characters as the last...
And congrats to alpha and Pat as well~ The next time when we play, I should actually try this predictions XD
Ok, now that the first BFL is over, we have a better idea about the overall experience, what do you members think about BFL in general?
- If you didn't participate in BFL, was there a particular reason? Do you think the system is too complicated?
- What do you think about the abilities? Are the explanations easy to understand? Are abilities too similar or is there enough variety? Do the abilities reflect the characters accurately?
- What do you think about the characters? Do you think they are indeed balanced? Do we have enough of them or do you want to have a second tier of characters? If we have more characters, will we have more players or more characters per player?
- What about strategies? Does having a good strategy give you an edge or do you think the results are mostly random and a matter of luck? Do making a strategy and calculating the results take too much time or is it simple enough? Or do we need a system which allows more complex strategies and less random results?
- What about the fight format? We have two 1 vs 1 fights, would you rather have one 2 vs 2 fight, i.e. teamwork? One 3 vs 3 or two 2 vs 2 fights perhaps.
- What about the duration of a round, which was three days? Do you want more time or do you want BFL to proceed quicker?
- Is the tiebreaking system fair? Should we give three points for each win as in football?
- What about losses by default? Is it better to let a player use his/her strategy for previous round(s) if he/she fails to submit one for the current round?
- What kind of changes can we do in prediction league? Is it a good idea to give more points for results which were guessed by less people? How would that system work?
As for variety, I personally wouldn't mind some more, but you would have added complexity in that case which might have other issues.
Can't comment on the last one.
As for myself, I find the process rather simple and took 8-10 minutes per round to make a line-up. That includes actually checking what my opponent's characters are capable of, writing and sending the PM etc.
(Of course, as you probably know by now, I'm never opposed to a more complex system as long as I don't have to spend hours calculating the outcome.)
-2 characters: 2 1v1 fights
-3 characters: 1 3v3 fight
-4 characters: 2 1v1 fights and 1 2v2 fight
It also depends on how close to the manga you want to keep this since there apparently are mostly 1v1 fights and only a limited amount of supporting abilities overall.
I'm not too sure if the ability reflected the ability in the manga accurately. I don't believe that ability A is as strong as ability B, for example. The "ultimate" for each characters are not equal in the manga.
I'm aware that players can pick their characters, which made the balance in the game a little bit in the air. I'm not sure about their balance. We haven't try enough fights with the variation in their techniques to have a big enough sample size. The sample size would have to be a lot bigger.
I would prefer it more if there's "cost" which is relative to characters' strength. The "balance" also is a difficult things to archive without the cost. If it were balance, it means that each characters in the game, IF the owner pick the move right, should be able to get a draw against the opponent. Otherwise, the opponent characters is a "stronger" characters. I recommend tallying up all the results for each characters to see their win and lose history. And if you can form a tier with that tallies, there's a hole you need to fill. Also, if you saw some constant win or lose history, that is also something you might want to fix.
I feel like 3 characters per player would be more enjoyable. I do think good strategy CAN pay off. But there's only a small sample size right now, so it's hard to be sure. And there's only 2 characters slot. There's only so much you can do with it. With 3, you are forced to do much more prediction.
I'm fine with duration of each round. My auto-loss comes from my midterm, so it's my own fault.
That's it for my review of this game. It might look like a lot of negative, but I actually do enjoy the game. So thanks for running it!
P.S. Might as well do a little advertisement here, because there seemed to be members who enjoyed playing games. I opened up a new game in Role Playing forum. Take a look!