Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Tower of God Chapter 88 Discussion/89 Predictions

The Original 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tower of God Chapter 88 Spoilers

I am holding my judgement about Baam. However, in my opinion, he actually has an objective. I doubt he would become a slayer only because he was betrayed. His conviction was too strong to become a negative character from that experience. On the other hand, she meant a lot to Baam. So, who knows *shrugs*. One thing I noticed, Baam wasn't all hyped up or showed much emotions when he declared he lives for death of Zaharad and his Kins.

One of the reason I could think of Baam denying teammates is, to either save them from the harm that awaits them or may be not. For once, I like Baam's new looks. He feels more business and less talk. Can't wait to see what happened to him during the timeskip.

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member mup's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

yep i also like how Baam is he has that i dont give a damn about the Tower nor do i think he was manipulated into FUG he has is own reason in joining we soon will learn what it is can't wait

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Host Samurai's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mup View Post
    yep i also like how Baam is he has that i dont give a damn about the Tower nor do i think he was manipulated into FUG he has is own reason in joining we soon will learn what it is can't wait
    With due respect, mup. It doesn't make any sense for Baam to have a reason of his own to join the FUG. In season 1 he was the only one, who didn't give a damn about the tower and it's policy because he was so fixated on Rachel. After, he suffered his mental breakdown due to Rachel, he was "lost" or rather confused because he experienced it for the first time. He must have been so vulnerable at that time, that he was easily manipulated into joining the FUG, at least in my opinion.

Credits:Shinsatsu

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity matzik1212's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tower of God Chapter 88 Discussion/89 Predictions

LOLLLL This chapter was just too funny . I didn't laugh so hard for a while . Seeing everyone making a fool out of themselves really made my day . And then Baam just throw the bomb that he doesn't need any teammates
    Baam is unrecognizable , so cold and now his name is Viole ? And he openly declared he's the enemy of Zahard and their kin . I can't even imagine through how much suffering he's gone through this past 5y to change in this way

I wonder what is the new game Love is gonna put Baam through . The story is getting more and more interesting , can't wait for the next chapter

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shaheer's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

i dont know what kind of game Baam is playing this time. Attracting so much attention is really an unwise move unless he has a plan for it in the first place.
    No matter how strong you are if zahard start sending his high ranker princess to eliminate the threat (baam) then things are gonna turn to a point were we might see baam as regular punching bag.
    i know Baam is strong but i highly doubt that he is strong enough to face the highrankers at the moment.
    blatantly stating that he wants to kill zahard is like saying come at me with what ever you can muster up.
    hope he has a plan
    then again if a hero is all powerful then things become boring so may be this is a move by SIU to introduce foes who can match up to baams strength/power or surpass him at the present scenario.
    Hope Baam is ready for the trouble he invited

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Monsterguy's Avatar
    Country
    Slovenia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Host Samurai View Post
    With due respect, mup. It doesn't make any sense for Baam to have a reason of his own to join the FUG. In season 1 he was the only one, who didn't give a damn about the tower and it's policy because he was so fixated on Rachel. After, he suffered his mental breakdown due to Rachel, he was "lost" or rather confused because he experienced it for the first time. He must have been so vulnerable at that time, that he was easily manipulated into joining the FUG, at least in my opinion.
    There could be a reason !!!

Sorry, but I belive that simply saying there could not be any reason could be proven wrong, such chance always exists !!!

Spoiler: Here is for example a perfect reason (that I thought up at the spot) show

What do you think ???
    Last edited by Monsterguy; March 29, 2012 at 02:46 AM. Reason: spelling
    Spoiler: sample from originally colourful manhwa Tower of God show

It never ceases to amaze me:
    "How are authors of famous manhwa / manga,... able to create such amazing works???"

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Ireland
    Post Thanks / Like

Got into Tower of God 2 days ago & finally caught up. It is so awesome

When we were first introduced to Baam again I was like... is that Baam ? We later find out it was Baam but I refused to believe it, coming here I guess it is true.

This makes no sense, why does he suddenly hate the Zahard. My guess is it has something to do with Headon. Found he was found the twisted & manipulated him, giving him power & their own ideals.

But I don't like the turn in events, I always wanted a really powerful main character... eventually. But not like this, Baam was unchanging, different & pure. He is meant to only use his powers to protect those he loves. The Tower wasn't meant to change Baam

10. Like 7 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Host Samurai's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Monsterguy View Post
    There could be a reason !!!

Sorry, but I belive that simply saying there could not be any reason could be proven wrong, such chance always exists !!!

Spoiler: Here is for example a perfect reason (that I thought up at the spot) show

What do you think ???

Well, I'm not excluding any possibility but the way he was potrayed in Season 1 wasn't "apparent" enough to change himself to this extent, that's what I meant. As long as SIU doesn't show us a flashback of how Baam became Viole in the first place, this development will remain unclear to many readers.

Credits:Shinsatsu

12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner AluminumTough's Avatar
    Country
    Sikkim
    Post Thanks / Like

I still think Baam learned the truth about the tower, and he was most likely imprisoned by the Zahard family in that cave. I also don't see Baam as necessarily evil or that his attitude has changed. Previously he would have dropped anyone if they hurt Rachel but now his goal and motivation has changed. Normal people that climb the tower are for Zahard, therefore, everyone that climbs the tower is against him and his goal. Also he did not kill the five or six people that have taking the test with him. The chapter that he reflects on Rachel becoming his friend and he thinks about becoming friends with new people... gives me the impression that he still is friendly. Baam is just much more confident in himself, and maybe in this next chapter of playing a game with the adim he will learn to be a little more reserved and work as a team.

MH's Best Reviewer MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AluminumTough View Post
    I still think Baam learned the truth about the tower, and he was most likely imprisoned by the Zahard family in that cave. I also don't see Baam as necessarily evil or that his attitude has changed. Previously he would have dropped anyone if they hurt Rachel but now his goal and motivation has changed. Normal people that climb the tower are for Zahard, therefore, everyone that climbs the tower is against him and his goal. Also he did not kill the five or six people that have taking the test with him. The chapter that he reflects on Rachel becoming his friend and he thinks about becoming friends with new people... gives me the impression that he still is friendly. Baam is just much more confident in himself, and maybe in this next chapter of playing a game with the adim he will learn to be a little more reserved and work as a team.
    I don't really buy into that.

I think it's pluasable that the Zahard family could be in some way responsible for Baam being shut in a cave. But I don't think that would even come close to explaining Baam's new personality and motives.

Baam, as he was presented in part 1, was never really angry about his existence in that cave. It may have been terrible but that was the only world he knew. If nothing else being locked into that cave allowed him to meet Lahal and I doubt he regrets that even with all that's happened. So to derive a personal vengeance motive from that would seem pretty weak to me. Even if they killed his family or something, what's the point of a avenging a family you never even knew? That just doesn't carry much narrative weight in my opinion.

Something that I think would make more sense, given his personality and mindset, would be if he decided to blame what happened with Lahel on the tower itself. Like thinking the tower somehow corrupted her and as the Zahards kind of make the rules perhaps he thinks destroying them would be the first step to changing the nature of the tower.

Unfortunately, there are problems with that too. Namely that Baam is personally friends with several Zahards and the idea of the Baam from part 1 turning on his friends is absurd. I mean, if he was just after the king; then that would make sense, but he isn't. He explicitly said that his purpose in life is killing Zahards and their kin. And that just makes no sense to me given what I know about Baam.

And none of this would explain his ruthless attitude toward other climbers. They are NOT necessarily friends of Zahard. Baam should know this because he knows Anak a person who is driven by vengeance for her mother against the Zahards.
    Last edited by Jammin; March 29, 2012 at 11:23 AM.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]
    Otogi Taisen Fantasma [Esp. for Harem Fans]

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jammin View Post
    I don't really buy into that.

I think it's pluasable that the Zahard family could be in some way responsible for Baam being shut in a cave. But I don't think that would even come close to explaining Baam's new personality and motives.

Baam, as he was presented in part 1, was never really angry about his existence in that cave. It may have been terrible but that was the only world he knew. If nothing else being locked into that cave allowed him to meet Lahal and I doubt he regrets that even with all that's happened. So to derive a personal vengeance motive from that would seem pretty weak to me. Even if they killed his family or something, what's the point of a avenging a family you never even knew? That just doesn't carry much narrative weight in my opinion.

Something that I think would make more sense, given his personality and mindset, would be if he decided to blame what happened with Lahel on the tower itself. Like thinking the tower somehow corrupted her and as the Zahards kind of make the rules perhaps he thinks destroying them would be the first step to changing the nature of the tower.

Unfortunately, there are problems with that too. Namely that Baam is personally friends with several Zahards and the idea of the Baam from part 1 turning on his friends is absurd. I mean, if he was just after the king; then that would make sense, but he isn't. He explicitly said that his purpose in life is killing Zahards and their kin. And that just makes no sense to me given what I know about Baam.

And none of this would explain his ruthless attitude toward other climbers. They are NOT necessarily friends of Zahard. Baam should know this because he knows Anak a person who is driven by vengeance for her mother against the Zahards.
    At the very end of Part 1, Hwa Ryun says she will tell Baam why it is Lahel betrayed him. Even if Baam doesn't regret being locked up for so long, he could certainly be angry at the circumstances that led to his only friend stabbing him in the back. He didn't look particularly ok with being betrayed at the end of Part 1.

We know that Baam's prison is somehow connected to Zahard. Lahel finding him down there was pretty obviously not a coincidence, since she wouldn't let him come up with her. We also know from her conversation with Headon that Lahel is a "loathsome, dirty, and dreadful" person. She says that Baam took everything from her and that she is afraid of him, yet she also seemed to care for him in some way.

It is clear that there is a great deal of backstory behind Lahel and Baam that we are unaware of, and that Baam was unaware of it as well until Hwa Ryun told him. Unless it was Baam's mere existence that somehow ruined Lahel's life, it's possible he had some sort of previous life. Whatever it is, it's clear that the reign of Zahard caused the current situation; whether by ruining Baam's life by sealing him in that cave to begin with, or by instigating Lahel to first befriend him and then betray him. Either of those seem like valid reasons for his vendetta. Baam is able to break the laws of the tower, anything concerning him would have to be very serious.

As for the way Baam is currently treating his climbers, it seems like he just wants to climb the tower as quickly as possible. He doesn't want to draw the others into his situation either. I'll agree it is a bit ambiguous so far, I don't think even he knows exactly what he wants to do yet. Baam doesn't know the story of Anak's mother, she told Androssi only.
    Last edited by Dacomp89; March 29, 2012 at 06:09 PM.

17. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shaheer's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dacomp89 View Post
    As for the way Baam is currently treating his climbers, it seems like he just wants to climb the tower as quickly as possible. He doesn't want to draw the others into his situation either. I'll agree it is a bit ambiguous so far, I don't think even he knows exactly what he wants to do yet. Baam doesn't know the story of Anak's mother, she told Androssi only.
    Ya i agree Baam is climbing the tower all by himself and dun want any company. Think he is more like independent now and feels that any sort of aid will come with a betrayal or sth, so he doesnt want to attend any ones desire to be his team mate
    of course he was under FUG so he is quite lethal when he means that he doesnt need a team mate.
    But its obvious that it will not be the case

19. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

At the very end of Part 1, Hwa Ryun says she will tell Baam why it is Lahel betrayed him. Even if Baam doesn't regret being locked up for so long, he could certainly be angry at the circumstances that led to his only friend stabbing him in the back. He didn't look particularly ok with being betrayed at the end of Part 1.
    Even when he was betrayed his reaction wasn't anger. He wasn't like "THAT BITCH!" which, as a reader, was my reaction.

He was sad and confused. That was his reaction to being betrayed by the person in the world he loved and trusted most. So that's what the very idea that this "I'm going to kill'em all "thing just doesn't hold water to me; at least not as a personal thing. For him to say that his life's purpose is to kill them all the Baam I'm familiar with would need to feel that is the right thing to do; not just for his own sake, but for everybody.

I mean, just look at his eyes when he says that he "lives to kill Zahard's and their kin". I didn't even see a hint of anger there; making it very hard to buy into the personal vengeance theories.

We know that Baam's prison is somehow connected to Zahard. Lahel finding him down there was pretty obviously not a coincidence, since she wouldn't let him come up with her. We also know from her conversation with Headon that Lahel is a "loathsome, dirty, and dreadful" person. She says that Baam took everything from her and that she is afraid of him, yet she also seemed to care for him in some way.
    Do we know reallly that?

I'm mean it's perfectly plausible that the Zahard's could be responsible for Baam's imprisonment but, as far as I'm aware, it's equally as plausible that they had nothing to do with it. Just because an unfortunate child is sealed in a cave doesn't mean the Zahards had to have put him there.

That's a good point about Anak. Androssi might have kept that story to herself.

Still though, if he knew his comrades from before at all he would know that they aren't exactly good little soldiers for Zahard. They were all climbing the tower for their own reasons. And he would have to know that wouldn't he?

Now it's possible he wants to keep from dragging people into his problems, that would be very like him, but he has been coldly and ruthlessly eliminating those around him beyond what would be necessary for the sake of practicality; and in doing so he has actually been drawing attention to himself. I really don't understand that.
    Last edited by Jammin; March 31, 2012 at 12:50 PM.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

...A cave with Zahard symbol on it.

Just saying.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Uriel View Post
    ...A cave with Zahard symbol on it.

Just saying.
    Is there? I don't remember that, but if there was one that links the Zahards to the cave. Not to Baam.

We don't know that the Zahards put him in that cave or if they even have a connection to Baam. For all we know he could be completely unrelated to them, aside from his new-found determination to kill them. I think we all "suspect" he's connected to the Zahards in one way or another but we don't "know" that, and that's my point.

Just saying

New Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast