Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/20/14 - 10/26/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 516 (2) , Bleach 602 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Tower of God Chapter 88 Discussion/89 Predictions

Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tower of God Chapter 88 Spoilers

Since there was a time skip from the point where Baam officaly died. We don't konw what happened during that time and what Baam's been told or if he found out something about Jahad, etc. So we'll have to wait to see how thats all connected to the big picture. Besdies that nice chapter although nothing seemed to have happened... but that it was a fun chapter to see everyone trying to win Baams favor. The hug was cute and it was also nice to see his Eyes again. ^^

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member menino's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tower of God Chapter 88 Discussion/89 Predictions

I understand baam, he is afraind of lose more friends, he says they are no qualified enough.about the slayer thing, i think this is some short of contest to select a new captain or a new Head.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shaheer's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

i bet saying that i ll kill Jahard or am in the force which will kill jahard is the MOST dangerous thing that he did so far
    not just the jahard rankers but eventhe normal ppl will be anti viole (/Baam) from now on
    like i said i am really eager to see him meet koon /androssi/yuri
    nd in every chap things are making my wish more anticipating

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner AluminumTough's Avatar
    Country
    Sikkim
    Post Thanks / Like

So does Wangnan want to take down the ten families?

I'm assuming a slayer isn't the same as an assassin. Assassin hides to kill their target and slayer just destroys them, ha. No fear Baam is here. Anyway, I thought this chapter was pretty awesome. The fact it got out on the same day was even more amazing.

5. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    MH's Best Reviewer MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by menino View Post
    I understand baam, he is afraind of lose more friends, he says they are no qualified enough.about the slayer thing, i think this is some short of contest to select a new captain or a new Head.
    That's what I was thinking before this whole "kill all Zahard's" thing because lets not forget Baam knows some Zahard's.

Androssi, Yuri, and Anak are all tied to the Zahard name.

Clearly there must be a story behind all this, but for Baam to utter the words "Zahard and their kin...I live for their deaths". It's hard for me to reason that out to be anything besides indoctrination or something along those lines.
    Last edited by Jammin; March 26, 2012 at 11:39 AM.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]
    Otogi Taisen Fantasma [Esp. for Harem Fans]

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shaheer's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Remember the cave he nd rachel lived it? it had zahard name written all over it, may be they were somehow ostracized by zahard there or anything. I mean live to kill without a personal vendetta is kind a weird isnt it?
    Zahard must have done something to him or he has been told so
    Y else will he live to kill zahard instead of Rachel

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner ekinox's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow The commpany did a great job o/
    The best thing in this chapter is....that we can see Baam's eyes for the first time

Just one funny fact:
    In the new name of Baam there is "Viole"
    In french viole is one of the conjugaison for the verb rape... baam is gonna rape some people if you know what i mean x)

I know it's from "violet" but i needed to say it
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic169996_2.gif

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member menino's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

The commpany did a great job [2]

---------- Post added at 05:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:53 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Jammin View Post
    That's what I was thinking before this whole "killi all Zahard's" thing because lets not forget Baam knows some Zahard's.

Androssi, Yuri, and Anak are all tied to the Zahard name.

Clearly there must be a story behind all this, but for Baam to utter the words "Zahard and their kin...I live for their deaths". It's hard for me to reason that out to be anything besides indoctrination or something along those lines.
    I think neither of the two princesses is really an enemy for baam, but int the end if the 'all of you are my enemys thing' i re-think that a little, but this is the way he choice to not lose more friends. i hope.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Zephyr's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Just amazing, nothing else.

I hope that Baam will kick out the sh*t from that ranker (even if it's pretty nice XD), btw I think that they'll "fight" on pair, until ranker will win for a very little bit of power difference.

Ps IMHO, "slayer" is like "general" grade in FUG... not supreme commander...

Aim To The Top, No Matter How.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Have been reading that FUG has 11 Slayer position which would be to equal Zahard+10 families.
    And that there is 5 vacant spots. (were they killed? )

So Baam is fighting for a one of those spots.

13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Uriel View Post
    And what it means "candidate to Slayer"? Something that SIU posted before in some blog entry? I mean...what the fuck is a Slayer here?
    In an earlier chapter, Goseng says that the pattern on Baam's skirt (or whatever it's called) looks like the mark of the slayer, which FUG members are known to wear. So it seems possible that slayer is just what FUG members are called. He's a candidate because he has not been fully accepted yet, it seems highly likely that he needs to become a ranker before he can be a true member. Wangnan says that the skill of FUG members is top notch, which would include rankers, so I don't think Baam could become a top level member before he even becomes a ranker. Also, Grace Mircea Luslec is known as the No. 1 Slayer, so possibly the members of FUG all have titles such as the No. # Slayer, based on strength probably.

---------- Post added at 11:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:13 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by murtas View Post
    Have been reading that FUG has 11 Slayer position which would be to equal Zahard+10 families.
    And that there is 5 vacant spots. (were they killed? )

So Baam is fighting for a one of those spots.
    Where did you read that?
    Last edited by Dacomp89; March 26, 2012 at 11:40 AM.

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member zelllogan's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Baam is really messed up. I know that what Rachel did was awful but the current Baam is just out of his mind. He just doesn't want any contact with others ... even worse, he considers others like trash. I like the story & the chapters so far but I'm not sure I like the new Baam.

Quote Originally Posted by Uriel View Post
    And what it means "candidate to Slayer"? Something that SIU posted before in some blog entry? I mean...what the fuck is a Slayer here?
    "Into every generation a slayer is born: one girl in all the world, a chosen one. She alone will wield the strength and skill to fight the vampires, demons, and the forces of darkness; to stop the spread of their evil and the swell of their number. She is the Slayer."

No ?

17. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH's Best Reviewer MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zelllogan View Post
    Baam is really messed up. I know that what Rachel did was awful but the current Baam is just out of his mind. He just doesn't want any contact with others ... even worse, he considers others like trash. I like the story & the chapters so far but I'm not sure I like the new Baam.
    If he is what he appears to be, then I straight up hate the new Baam. He may be physically stronger than the old Baam but he's far less dangerous.

But I really don't think he is, or even see how he could be. The actions and attitudes of this new Baam aren't coming across to me as the evolution of the old character so much as a completely different character, which is very puzzling.

I have no idea what's going on but something about his whole character seems....off somehow.
    • His new name
    • The Red skeletal spider thing
    • FUG
    • His peculiar new motives

It all feels...wrong somehow. Like it can't be reconciled with the Baam from part 1 which makes me think there is a huge ingredient in all this that we haven't learned yet and I don't think it's anything as small as a personal grudge. I've no idea what it could be though.
    Last edited by Jammin; March 26, 2012 at 02:12 PM.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]
    Otogi Taisen Fantasma [Esp. for Harem Fans]

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner AluminumTough's Avatar
    Country
    Sikkim
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know, this character development is understandable to me.

To go from a cave where all you know is that cave and Rachel to a five year jump where your best friend stabbed you in the back. And most likely learning the truth of the tower and the Zahard family and possibly the reason why you were in that cave during those five years. I can totally understand why he is distant. But I also see it from a different perspective Baam is trying to protect those in this new group because he is an official "enemy of the state" if you will "terrorist."

I still see his kind heart behind wanting to take this test by himself. We are very early in season two and we know nothing about Baam, we just recently got his new name...this is a story and I think I will be patient in deciding if I like or dislike the new Baam as this seems to be the point of the story-his character. Baam will develop new friendships and new ideas of the world as the story goes.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dacomp89 View Post

Where did you read that?
    Zio gave the information about the eleven slayers in FUG
    http://www.batoto.net/forums/topic/4...75#entry123675

Basiclly, in FUG, at the top there is 11 people called slayers, those people are meant to kill Zahard and the ten family head, so one for each. 4 slayers position are vacant.

21. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast