Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 (2)
New Reply
Page 21 of 70 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 ... LastLast

Thread: But what are your thoughts on yaoi?

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Teeba's AMA Thread

Oyster? Reminds me of the name of the card we used in London to get on the Tube. Metrocard, Oyster Card, what next? D:

So, any current pic of you where I can put a face to your post yet?
    Vote for koen for favorite senpai so koen is active again!

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Horrible Person 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Teeba View Post
    Oyster Bear, you were totally asking for it.

I'm sorry, its not even noon over here and my brain is already in the gutter. -_-
    Your gutter is quite clean

And now you're just being silly...

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Not nearly as good as Gary's, apparently. I feel slightly cheated now.
    I don't think anyone had as good an evening as Oyster Bear

5. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Teeba's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    Chappli probably won't acknowledge that name. To him, Crabcakes will always be his bear.
    Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Maybe Jump's Japanese readers are mostly to young to like girls

It actually seems like they are adding more school life/romantic comedy managa's lately. Nisekoi, Pajama, the series starting next week. There are more manga with prominent female characters now than there was a year ago.

Your assumption makes a lot of sense, actually, considering Jumps' readership has become much older over the past year. Maybe their readers have started to hit puberty, and need dating advice?

With two nuclear powers it is a region of great political importance. Understanding local politics should be essential for effective policy. I am also interested in colonialism and the transition to independence. The partition of the subcontinent is a very important case study. Sorry if that comes out as to clinical, but I don't know how else to say it. The process that led to partition is relevant to other countries with multiple nationalities. Lessons are sure to be learned from the history of the subcontinent.

You don't sound clinical at all. In fact, I'm glad that you have such an academic interest in it. The Partition is such an emotionally charged event that it's difficult to even mention it in conversation without wanting to villify India. My parents were born immediately following the Partition, and they carry a lot of their parents grudges, fears, and prejudices about surviving it (not to mention they each have brothers and sisters who were children at the time of separation). Even though I am two generations removed from it, I still get swept up in the stories of people who died for the country they chose. It's difficult to even talk about, let alone trying to analyze it and be critical of its causes.

I've cooled to DGM. I used to love it but since the move to SQ I have found the plot to be near incomprehensible. The last arc I really enjoyed was when the first level four invaded HQ.

A lot of people tell me the plot became incomprehensible after the move -- but I personally think she was heading in that direction anyway, move or not.

I've cooled to D.Gray-man as well, but it still holds a special place in my heart and I want to read it to the end.

lol. A secret cabal of Comiket artists is bribing Jump to make moar bishies.

At least Togashi has resisted.... wait. No. He hasn't, HxH has plenty of bishies. Even Oda has made his characters slightly more handsome.
    Suddenly I'm imagining Jump editors holding a meeting every month to discuss whether the magazine has been keeping up its quota of bishies, and whether they need to pressure the mangakas into taking bishie drawing classes. xD

I think KochiKame is the only manga in Weekly Jump right now that doesn't have a single bishie. The rest have already been assimilated. *obligatory Borg reference*

[QUOTE=Kaiten;2869677]Don't tell the fanboys in the Jump thread btw. They will flip if anyone mentions how important fuoshi are to Jump's popularity.

But but....I thought everyone knew of Jump's love affair with the fujoshi fandom. I mean, Jump's female fanbase is partly why its unique among other shonen magazines...right? And if you're a Toriko fan, how can you not know? Once I was a part of another forum, and I saw a couple of members have complete meltdowns after finding out all the doujinshi available for a series was yaoi.

I'll reread the original soon, and then move on to the sequel. Is Nidame being scanlated regularly?

BTW: Genshiken is in Afternoon and I automatically fanboy anything from Afternoon.
    Yes, its being scanlated regularly by an amazingly talented dedicated guy called anonspore. He is am amazing translator. The whole series has been great so far as well.

What other titles run in Afternoon? :@bunny

While I love Amir and Karluk, subsequent arcs have been so good, and the characters introduced since so interesting, that I do not mind that the focus has shifted away from them. I really like the twins and am looking forward to the wedding.
    True, the whole storyline has been superb. It reminds me a lot of stories my parents tell me about their grandparents. What I love about Otoyomegatari is that whole villages look and act different from one another, as they should. When we saw vignettes of Amira's life in the last chapter, I was taken aback at how different she looked and behaved compared to the other women we've seen in the story, even though we were introduced to her first (I know she's older than most brides, but still).

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    So, any current pic of you where I can put a face to your post yet?
    I've answered this question before. If you're willing to give me a recent pic of yourself, I'll gladly give you one in return.

I don't think anyone had as good an evening as Oyster Bear

They look so happy together I can't even --

Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

If you're serious, then PM me. \o/

The Green Knight MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Gats's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

I've answered this question before. If you're willing to give me a recent pic of yourself, I'll gladly give you one in return.
    If you're serious, then PM me. \o/
    Or how to be tricked.
    Last edited by Gats; April 29, 2012 at 03:12 AM.

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Asclepius's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Golden Pair being naughty in front of the cameras

Spoiler show

So cute

Discuss the yaoi side of Shingeki no Kyojin and Kuroko no Basket at the Boys Love section.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Teeba's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gats View Post
    Or how to be tricked.
    Perfect response.

---------- Post added at 09:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:50 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Asclepius View Post
    Golden Pair being naughty in front of the cameras

Spoiler show

So cute
    He is such a troll! That was quite frustrating to see something not come to fruition.

Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Or how to be tricked.
    Why would I trick? Anyone who knows me knows I don't do shit like that.

And note I never said she should PM me with the picture first, just that she should PM me first.

Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww
    MH's Golden Pair

Quote Quote:
    Your assumption makes a lot of sense, actually, considering Jumps' readership has become much older over the past year. Maybe their readers have started to hit puberty, and need dating advice?
    lol. I thought Sasuke was Jump's love guru.

I have a feeling One Piece has been drawing a lot of older readers to Jump recently, along with established readers growing up but not growing out of Jump. It is very interesting that rather than resist their new audience, Jump seems to be embracing older teen readers.

Quote Quote:
    You don't sound clinical at all. In fact, I'm glad that you have such an academic interest in it. The Partition is such an emotionally charged event that it's difficult to even mention it in conversation without wanting to villify India. My parents were born immediately following the Partition, and they carry a lot of their parents grudges, fears, and prejudices about surviving it (not to mention they each have brothers and sisters who were children at the time of separation). Even though I am two generations removed from it, I still get swept up in the stories of people who died for the country they chose. It's difficult to even talk about, let alone trying to analyze it and be critical of its causes.
    If I am not mistaken the partition triggered one of the largest migrations in human history. The refugee crisis triggered is simply staggering. We are taught somewhat of it in school here, if I remember correctly. Nothing quite equals the turmoil caused by the collapse of an empire. Western Europe needs 1400 years to completely recover from the collapse of Rome.

Quote Quote:
    A lot of people tell me the plot became incomprehensible after the move -- but I personally think she was heading in that direction anyway, move or not.

I've cooled to D.Gray-man as well, but it still holds a special place in my heart and I want to read it to the end.
    I have had a hard time placing recent arcs in context of the greater story since the move. The last WSJ arc, at the orphanage, was fine. It's been since the special chapter in Akamura Jump that I have had trouble following the story. I haven't given up on DGM yet, I've been following it a real long time, but it definitely frustrates me. It's one of my first manga, so it still has some nostalgic appeal.

Quote Quote:
    Suddenly I'm imagining Jump editors holding a meeting every month to discuss whether the magazine has been keeping up its quota of bishies, and whether they need to pressure the mangakas into taking bishie drawing classes. xD
    That would be awesome

The best part: I can totally imagine it really happening. Maybe the mangaka of Reborn teaches those classes.

Quote Quote:
    I think KochiKame is the only manga in Weekly Jump right now that doesn't have a single bishie. The rest have already been assimilated. *obligatory Borg reference*
    That may be true. Even One Piece and HxH have bishies, both definitely have popular yaoi pairings.

Don't tell the fanboys in the Jump thread btw. They will flip if anyone mentions how important fuoshi are to Jump's popularity.

But but....I thought everyone knew of Jump's love affair with the fujoshi fandom. I mean, Jump's female fanbase is partly why its unique among other shonen magazines...right? And if you're a Toriko fan, how can you not know? Once I was a part of another forum, and I saw a couple of members have complete meltdowns after finding out all the doujinshi available for a series was yaoi.
    They are in denial. Most think Jump's popularity is from heart pounding action, magic powers, and fighting. I'd be curious to see how people react if the topic is brought up in the TOC thread.

Quote Quote:
    Yes, its being scanlated regularly by an amazingly talented dedicated guy called anonspore. He is am amazing translator. The whole series has been great so far as well.
    Ah, it is. I hadn't noticed any recent releases but he is translating on a regular basis. I need to start Nidame soon.

Quote Quote:
    What other titles run in Afternoon? :@bunny
    Quite a few well known titles. While it is more of a quirky, less mainstream magazine, it is more popular online than Young Magazine, Kodansha's seinen flagaship. There are a lot of interesting, obscure series available in English but some of the better known I can think of are: Blame, Mushishi, Ah My Goddess, Mysterious Girlfriend X, Historie, Afternoon, Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou, Me and the Devil Blues. Here's a full list, I'm sure there are many well known titles I'm not thinking of http://www.mangaupdates.com/publishe...name=Afternoon

Quote Quote:
    True, the whole storyline has been superb. It reminds me a lot of stories my parents tell me about their grandparents. What I love about Otoyomegatari is that whole villages look and act different from one another, as they should. When we saw vignettes of Amira's life in the last chapter, I was taken aback at how different she looked and behaved compared to the other women we've seen in the story, even though we were introduced to her first (I know she's older than most brides, but still).
    I noticed that, that the dress and customs of each village is different. Amira is so much more assertive than Tama, who is also so different than the twins. I really like how she got a lot of the history right, with British agents and explorers moving north from Pakistan, and Russian military moving south, forming alliances with some tribes, attacking others.

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

too much text... where is your answer to my post Tee, I'm too lazy to search

and I still need to answer that gossip PM...

The Green Knight MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Gats's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Why would I trick? Anyone who knows me knows I don't do shit like that.

And note I never said she should PM me with the picture first, just that she should PM me first.
    The thing is we already can see your recent picture(s) in this forum.

Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

The thing is we already can see your recent picture(s) in this forum.
    Not recent recent ones. There's at least two pics of me in a suit with friends in NYC about two weeks old.

Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

I've met you in person, why would I care about seeing your picture?

Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Never saw me dress up nice.

New Reply
Page 21 of 70 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 ... LastLast