Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/20/14 - 10/26/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 516 (2) , Bleach 602 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 3 of 70 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast

Thread: But what are your thoughts on yaoi?

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Asclepius's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Teeba's AMA Thread

Liking yaoi is perfectly normal. Only hypocrites and people against homoerotic relationship think differently.

Discuss the yaoi side of Shingeki no Kyojin and Kuroko no Basket at the Boys Love section.

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Cosmic Inflation 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Miyagi's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

It is easy to talk when you're not a straight guy who is being paired.

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Asclepius's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Discuss the yaoi side of Shingeki no Kyojin and Kuroko no Basket at the Boys Love section.

6. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Custom Title 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Darjaille's Avatar
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Teeba

So, I know you like yaoi, ever thought about reading Prince of Tennis?
    Or maybe watch the musicals?

Asky, help me here~

ex oriente lux

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry if I offended you, asky.

Girls always joke around, saying guys are pervs or whatnot, my post wasn't intended to offend you or Teeba, I don't think you are abnormal.

I didn't expect such a serious reaction, I apologize.

* Pat goes back to Bleach forum.

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Most Beautiful Male 2013 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member goldb's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Aaaaah another place to call home

Hi Teeba, don't think we've spoken before...so here's my questions:

Do You Have Any Undiscovered Or Hidden Talents? If So, What?

Favorite All Time Movie?

If You Could Eat Lunch With One Famous Person, Who Would It Be?

If You Could Go To Any Place Right Now Where Would You Go?

If A Foreign Visitor Arrived In Your Country, Where (What) Would You Tell Them To Be Sure To Eat? Why?

That's enough copypasta for now....

11. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Teee-chaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan~ Teee-chaaaan has a threaaaaaaad~

1). Noblesse is awesome. Listen to thorn, look at what happened to me and dallie, or you can go ask Nuno too as a newbie in Noblesse. Now where the heck is he so he can give testimonials in this. :|

2). Otoyomegatari is sweet. Kait, you can take your time with latest chapters because it has been ages since last release and I'm dying to see more of the married couple, so sweeeet~

Anyway, welcome to the spam ground. See you around.

13. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Teeba's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hamy View Post
    Oh Teeba if you want to avoid spam its best not to reply to M3J at your thread. You could reply to him at his thread and spam that up :E Its practically built for spam.
    Thanks, I did just that.

Quote Originally Posted by Asclepius View Post
    mej=milly

Kaiten is probably the highest post count after Mej in Mej's thread. So, go one and ship them.

I kind of platonically ship them though. Kaiten is such an older responsible brother to Milly. Kaiten needs someone like, um, blai!

M3J and alpha, on the other hand...

Quote Originally Posted by Miyagi View Post
    MH somehow turns perfectly normal girls into yaoi shippers.

Is this an administrative policy, Gary?
    I hate to burst your bubble but...isn't that a bit of a generalization? We're all a little mad in here.

Sorry if I offended you, asky.

Girls always joke around, saying guys are pervs or whatnot, my post wasn't intended to offend you or Teeba, I don't think you are abnormal.

I didn't expect such a serious reaction, I apologize.

* Pat goes back to Bleach forum.
    Aww, don't go! Apology accepted. The way I see it, being a part of a forum makes you pairing-happy. You know people a lot more intimately, but you don't see them with their gender and sexuality as much as you would in real life. Visually, in real life we can tell when two people have chemistry, or if they're faking it and secretly hate each other. But, on the internet, since its mostly text-based, we can imagine the scenario however makes sense to us. We visualize the internet like we read books. Each word can have multiple connotations.

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hamy View Post
    Oh Teeba if you want to avoid spam its best not to reply to M3J at your thread. You could reply to him at his thread and spam that up :E Its practically built for spam.
    you don't even know what spam is.

Ignore the tsun, teebles. Spam only happens when Kait, thorny, or Gary is being a tard.

Quote Originally Posted by Teeba View Post
    I kind of platonically ship them though. Kaiten is such an older responsible brother to Milly. Kaiten needs someone like, um, blai!

WHAT THE FUCK?!

It's Kait x goodsy, woman. Get that straight. -_-

And I own alpha, no pairing us together. I was paired with Asarii by Kait and goodsy, who seem to have conveniently forgotten this fact and decided to yaoi pair me with anyoen that I get along with. Or rather, pair me with anyone I get along with. -_-

All of you need to gtfo with yaoi pairing. Only yaoi pairings to support are Gary x thorny and blai x Nuno.
    Vote for koen for favorite senpai so koen is active again!

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

I hate to burst your bubble but...isn't that a bit of a generalization? We're all a little mad in here.
    Well, the post was intended to be a joke, I didn't mean to upset yaoi lovers, two of them being fellow Bleach mods. Yep, we guys have our fair share of craziness, even more so than girls.

Aww, don't go! Apology accepted. The way I see it, being a part of a forum makes you pairing-happy. You know people a lot more intimately, but you don't see them with their gender and sexuality as much as you would in real life. Visually, in real life we can tell when two people have chemistry, or if they're faking it and secretly hate each other. But, on the internet, since its mostly text-based, we can imagine the scenario however makes sense to us. We visualize the internet like we read books. Each word can have multiple connotations.
    Perhaps I'm a bit old-fashioned but I like usual boy-girl pairings but yaoi stuff has a higher rating on MH.

The Viennese Pixie 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey Josef, and thank you!

Good point, I've never looked at Persian dress before, maybe it is similar? But I'm wearing a ghagra. Which is....hard to google.
    Damn, I almost did not find your reply in all the spam.

It is, with Iran being close, thought mostly it was worn in the past. I love regional clothing, it can tell so much about the people of a country, tell me more.

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

I dunno, Kaiten seems pretty unshippable. He's like, another level. xD Thorn, xi0, and Milly, on the other hand....
    You're my new favorite person

I read the summary and while it looks interesting, I've been searching for manga to read that have more women in it. Are there prominent female characters?
    If that is the case try Chihayafuru. Think of it as a josei Hikaru no Go without any magic, better art, and writing.

Its a great series. I almost prefer it to Emma, because Mori brings to life a culture that I think a lot of people tend to overlook. I'm not from that culture myself, but there are a lot of things that resonate with how the Arab nomads used to live before modernisation. Scratch that, Otoyomegatari is plain FANTASTIC!
    I really love how she depicts life on the steppes: the clothes, the food, family, and culture. The art is stunning; the clothes, homes, rugs, and furniture look real. Every character is a distinct looking individual, beautifully drawn. I read a lot of history and love that Mori-sensei set it against the backdrop of "the Great Game".

Quote Originally Posted by Asclepius View Post
    mej=milly

Kaiten is probably the highest post count after Mej in Mej's thread. So, go one and ship them.
    I like the name Mej. It makes him sound like a fly.

My high post count is a longevity award and nothing more
    I have been trolling him since before some people were members.

MH somehow turns perfectly normal girls into yaoi shippers.

Is this an administrative policy, Gary?
    Not a policy but a pleasant side effect of modding Asky

Charlie Sheen should not be facepalming anything.

Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post

1). Noblesse is awesome. Listen to thorn, look at what happened to me and dallie, or you can go ask Nuno too as a newbie in Noblesse. Now where the heck is he so he can give testimonials in this. :|

2). Otoyomegatari is sweet. Kait, you can take your time with latest chapters because it has been ages since last release and I'm dying to see more of the married couple, so sweeeet~

I'm considering giving up on scanlations and just buying the books. All three volumes are available in the States now anyway.

Quote Quote:
    OMG OMG OMG OMG

It is so perfect! Why did I not think of that.

Quote Quote:
    I am perfectly normal
    Last edited by Kaiten; March 20, 2012 at 06:40 PM.

20. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by goldb View Post
    Aaaaah another place to call home

Hi Teeba, don't think we've spoken before...so here's my questions:

Do You Have Any Undiscovered Or Hidden Talents? If So, What?

Favorite All Time Movie?

If You Could Eat Lunch With One Famous Person, Who Would It Be?

If You Could Go To Any Place Right Now Where Would You Go?

If A Foreign Visitor Arrived In Your Country, Where (What) Would You Tell Them To Be Sure To Eat? Why?

That's enough copypasta for now....
    Hi goldb! Its nice to meet you, I hope we can talk more.

Hidden Talents? According to my last professor, I could make a great politician!

Oh, that's a tough one. I don't have just one, I have several. Inception is a recent favorite, and so is Sympathy for Lady Vengence. I also love the obscure movie Jumping Jack Flash.

I would have lunch with Imran Khan, Pakistani politician and hopeful candidate for the 2013 elections for parliament & presidency.

I would love to be in the U.K. right now. I'm travelling there this weekend but that day can't come soon enough. xD

Mais Al-Ghamin, because its a Kuwaiti mess hall for the sailors that was converted into a restaurant. It's very much a part of Kuwait's history and identity.

Wow, that was an AWESOME quiz. I want to do this for other moderators!

Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post

Hi phio-channnnnnn!!! How are you?! O.M.G. you are so cute!

Is this really the spam ground? Really?

It seems like the cast is mostly male, which is something I'm just not into at the moment. I WILL try to read it, but I can't guarantee I'll give it my all.
    *feels bad*

22. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    The Viennese Pixie 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Wait, lulz, wtf indeed, alphabeta x milly? D:

.. ....

You know what they say, there's a fine line between love and hate -- Teeba
    Last edited by Teeba; March 20, 2012 at 04:05 PM.

Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, the post was intended to be a joke, I didn't mean to upset yaoi lovers, two of them being fellow Bleach mods. Yep, we guys have our fair share of craziness, even more so than girls.

Perhaps I'm a bit old-fashioned but I like usual boy-girl pairings but yaoi stuff has a higher rating on MH.
    Well, what's nice about MH is that we are pretty even when it comes to boys and girls. You can get the full spectrum! On DGrayDivinity I mostly shipped yuri because most of the members were female.

Quote Originally Posted by Josef K. View Post
    Damn, I almost did not find your reply in all the spam.

It is, with Iran being close, thought mostly it was worn in the past. I love regional clothing, it can tell so much about the people of a country, tell me more.
    I'm losing track of the spam as well. This thread is going to bring out my obsessive-compulsive side!

I love regional clothes too. From what I know, a ghagra is a kind of skirt worn in Pakistan and India. Its not an everyday skirt, most women wear ghagra for special occasions or even weddings. But, people didn't always think that way -- before this century the ghagra is what a lot of Indian women wore. The ghagra's distinct feature is the way its cut and how much material is used to create folds. There are different cuts, some are more full with lots of pleats (back in the day the more fabric and the more folds you had meant you were really rich), and some are more A-lined, like lengha skirts. Lengha is a broad term for such skirts, but a ghagra is a skirt that is more full and more stiff, due to the sheer weight of the fabric. I hope that made sense!

New Reply
Page 3 of 70 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast