Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128
New Reply
Page 8 of 70 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 ... LastLast

Thread: But what are your thoughts on yaoi?

SQUEE x 9000 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Teeba's AMA Thread

She proved my point and was happy to do so.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zatono's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Like your sig said, I came here to ask you anything, Teeba, but I'll keep it Beelzebub related for now

So, how'd you first get into Beelzebub?

Smiling Moe Hunter 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Band of the Hawks 2
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Teeba!
    I have a question, How did you get interested in manga at the first place?

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Teeba's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

First of all, I'd like to thank Zatono and Doraku for posting in the Beelzebub forum and adding to its activity.

Quote Originally Posted by Zatono View Post
    Like your sig said, I came here to ask you anything, Teeba, but I'll keep it Beelzebub related for now

So, how'd you first get into Beelzebub?
    Don't be a stranger, now. Any question is welcome.

I heard about Beelzebub when it first came out thinking it was hella original, but I didn't get into it because it was too new. Then, I think one of my friends at DGraydivinity Forums (now defunct) re-introduced it to me about a year later. At first I didn't follow it regularly, but when En was introduced it made the manga a whole lot gutsier for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Doraku View Post
    Hi Teeba!
    I have a question, How did you get interested in manga at the first place?
    Hi Doraku! I've been meaning to reply your post in the Kunieda thread, but I always feel like I'm never answering your question thoroughly enough.

I got interested in manga when I began to lose interest in its anime counterpart. I really liked Inuyasha, and when my Chinese bootleg DVD set were too scratched up for me to finish the series, I discovered it was actually based off of a manga.

When I found scanlations for it I didn't even read it from the beginning, and I missed a good 200 chapters in the middle because it was difficult to locate where all the chapters were.

From there, I just grew to love it. I loved the ensemble cast of Inuyasha, I love bishonen, and I loved Japanese folklore, so I began to search and buy manga that were similar to it.
    Last edited by Teeba; April 09, 2012 at 02:13 AM.

5. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    MH's Most Passionate Member 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! scav's Avatar
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gats View Post
    Thanks !

My set is from Nisemonogatari (11 ep), the sequel of Bakemonogatari (15 ep).

Bakemonogatari (bakemono = monster ; monogatari = story) is a special anime, from a light novel. The hero is Koyomi Araragi, a high school student who has been turned into a vampire shortly before Bakemonogatari starts, then cured, with after-effects. He'll meet several other characters who are affected by supernatural's ills and help them.

The story itself is not the strong point of the serie (to the point it's almost secondary sometimes), but the characters and their relationships is. It's 95% talk and 5% action. The realisation is awesome, same with the characters, the dialog is really witty.

So what you're currently seeing, is a set of Koyomi's eye. (there are more)

edit : Nisemonogatari (Nisemono = impostor/fake)

Are you sure you weren't in some kind of lab ? Maybe you're not human, they were testing you.
    i have bakemonogatari somewhere in my hard drive, but i'm always lazy to start an anime

---------- Post added at 10:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:25 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by thornofcarrion View Post
    I am glad you did...and you are not the only attention *cough* on MH >.>. Not talking about myself here

Yep, Shalwar Qameez is the national dress. Most of the mothers are passionate about hagra / gharara for their little girls. Or you can see teens & women wearing it on wedding ceremonies, even if its not theirs

I am a hybrid like Ichigo . I am a Pathan from my father side and my mother is from Punjab. I don't know either of the languages . Nor do I really care, like my parents.

You sure need some manhwa & manhua titles in that list. For starters, you should try Noblesse. Its really simple yet one of the best series out there. Trust my words, you'd love it.

/me waits for Pino, Charlie, and others to force Teeba reading Noblesse
    Noblesse
    Teeba u didn't read it yet?

---------- Post added at 10:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:29 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    FUCK YOU

---------- Post added at 10:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Darjaille View Post
    I kinda don't think tee-chan would be against yaoi in this thread
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic136240_54.gif

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Smiling Moe Hunter 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Band of the Hawks 2
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Teeba View Post
    First of all, I'd like to thank Zatono and Doraku for posting in the Beelzebub forum and adding to its activity.
    Hi Doraku! I've been meaning to reply your post in the Kunieda thread, but I always feel like I'm never answering your question thoroughly enough.

I got interested in manga when I began to lose interest in its anime counterpart. I really liked Inuyasha, and when my Chinese bootleg DVD set were too scratched up for me to finish the series, I discovered it was actually based off of a manga.

When I found scanlations for it I didn't even read it from the beginning, and I missed a good 200 chapters in the middle because it was difficult to locate where all the chapters were.

From there, I just grew to love it. I loved the ensemble cast of Inuyasha, I love bishonen, and I loved Japanese folklore, so I began to search and buy manga that were similar to it.
    My post regarding Kunieda is actually not my original analysis, I found it in another forum, and I strongly agree with the original poster's opinion. I think it will stimulate good discussion about Aoi, so your reply doesn't have to be perfect.

I read (some of) Inuyasha too, it was popular back then when I was in Junior High School, but recently big 3 manga are more popular here and suddenly I never hear about Inuyasha again ( up until you mentioned it now) . It's interesting that you said you like Japanese folklores. I think I knew Japanese folklore before I got introduced with Manga, but I had no idea it was from Japan. My mother used to read those stories before I sleep ( stories like Urashimataro, Momotaro, etc.)

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Little tocs-Coming Soon 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

When is your sister's marriage?

Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by scav View Post
    Noblesse
    Teeba u didn't read it yet?
    I started reading. I didn't remember it was a webcomic until I started reading and when "WTF WHERE'S THE DIALOGUE". So far, I've only read like, 5 chapters. It's interesting, I guess. It feels like I'm reading a book, as oppose to a manga/manhwa. That's not a bad thing, its just...different.

Quote Originally Posted by scav View Post
    Yes, I have yaoi cooties.

---------- Post added at 11:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:52 AM ----------

When is your sister's marriage?

This is a hot topic in our house right now, sorry for the blunt answer.

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Little tocs-Coming Soon 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Understood. You just can't decide on a whim. So many things to consider.

14. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Understood. You just can't decide on a whim. So many things to consider.
    Thanks for understanding. Its not like we're waiting on the stars, its just very complex. Inshallah sometime this year.
    Last edited by Teeba; April 10, 2012 at 03:59 AM.

Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Haha, of course. One has to consider many aspects like availability of wedding hall / arena, relatives, any other occasions in the family etc.

Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Exactly. Actually, a bigger problem is whether or not we should do the Nikah separately, for the same reasons your sister did, or do it together with the Shaadi and then wait afterwards for the paperwork to be completed. Family members is also an issue, considering Kuwait currently doesn't issue visas to Pakistanis. >_<

My post regarding Kunieda is actually not my original analysis, I found it in another forum, and I strongly agree with the original poster's opinion. I think it will stimulate good discussion about Aoi, so your reply doesn't have to be perfect.
    Haha, I know who you're talking about. She and kendama (he's actually a member of MH, but sadly a lurker) make great posts like that. You're right though, any discussion is probably good discussion. *needs to be more proactive herself*

I read (some of) Inuyasha too, it was popular back then when I was in Junior High School, but recently big 3 manga are more popular here and suddenly I never hear about Inuyasha again ( up until you mentioned it now) . It's interesting that you said you like Japanese folklores. I think I knew Japanese folklore before I got introduced with Manga, but I had no idea it was from Japan. My mother used to read those stories before I sleep ( stories like Urashimataro, Momotaro, etc.)
    That's really cool! I grew up listening to mostly European, Indian, and Arab folktales, so I knew next to nothing about Japan until I read manga. I think Beelzebub is partly inspired by Japanish folklore as well, especially Momotaro if you think about it. :O

It's been so long, but if I think about it Inuyasha and the Big 3 did have a kind of fandom rivalry going on. I remember my sister rage-quit Inuyasha and began watching Bleach because of the love triangle...I'm sure a lot of people in your middle school did the same! Love triangles and ship wars are srs bznz!

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zatono's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't be a stranger, now. Any question is welcome.

I heard about Beelzebub when it first came out thinking it was hella original, but I didn't get into it because it was too new. Then, I think one of my friends at DGraydivinity Forums (now defunct) re-introduced it to me about a year later. At first I didn't follow it regularly, but when En was introduced it made the manga a whole lot gutsier for me.
    Welllll I wouldn't want to be an M3J now

I actually picked it up around the same time too. Oh, and although you're reading Noblesse (I know the art sucks in the beginning, but it gets a lot better), you should totally read Kenichi /shameless_advertising

SQUEE x 9000 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, I have yaoi cooties.
    Are they contagious

Quote Quote:
    That's really cool! I grew up listening to mostly European, Indian, and Arab folktales, so I knew next to nothing about Japan until I read manga. I think Beelzebub is partly inspired by Japanish folklore as well, especially Momotaro if you think about it. :O
    Are you a folklore/mythology fan? What are some favorites? I am really only well versed in European folk tales, and not necessarily well versed in that.

Quote Quote:
    It's been so long, but if I think about it Inuyasha and the Big 3 did have a kind of fandom rivalry going on. I remember my sister rage-quit Inuyasha and began watching Bleach because of the love triangle...I'm sure a lot of people in your middle school did the same! Love triangles and ship wars are srs bznz!
    Inuyasha ended almost four years ago, I'm not sure that fans new to manga are as aware of it. While it was ongoing Inuyasha certainly felt like one of the more popular series.

I rage quit Inuyasha too. Shortly after Sesshoumaru got the sword and arm that were in him all along.

Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zatono View Post
    Welllll I wouldn't want to be an M3J now

I actually picked it up around the same time too. Oh, and although you're reading Noblesse (I know the art sucks in the beginning, but it gets a lot better), you should totally read Kenichi /shameless_advertising
    You could never be like Curry Badger. Unless you guys are secretly brothers or something. o_O

Noblesse's art is beautiful, though rigid. I've heard great things about Kenichi but the premise didn't really hook me when I read it.

---------- Post added at 07:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:21 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    Are they contagious

That's for me to know and for you to find out. :cookiemonster

Are you a folklore/mythology fan? What are some favorites? I am really only well versed in European folk tales, and not necessarily well versed in that.
    I'm an enthusiast, definitely. What are your favorite European fairy tales? My favorites are The Story of Deirdre (Irish) and Cap O Rushes (though Cap O Rushes apparently has Native American origins as well).

...but now if I think about it, I don't think I know the names to most of the tales I know. I really like Ali Baba and the Forty Thieves, and I also like Rikki Tikki Tavi even though its not really a folktale. Oh, and Ramayana, from India. That's a classic, and I'm sure if you read it (or an abbreviated version) you'd like it. It's an epic save-the-damsel kind of story, with a twist ending full of douchebaggery.

Then there's Devi Mahatmya, which is about the most badass goddess ever, Durga. Just look at her:

Spoiler show

Inuyasha ended almost four years ago, I'm not sure that fans new to manga are as aware of it. While it was ongoing Inuyasha certainly felt like one of the more popular series.

I rage quit Inuyasha too. Shortly after Sesshoumaru got the sword and arm that were in him all along.
    Inuyasha was pretty damn popular. I was on LiveJournal at that time, and it was HUGE. It was so huge it had fanfictions of fanfictions, and fanart of Mary Sues. Sure, Takahashi-sensei was on crack by the end of it, but its still a pretty good series. Though the whole new arm and sword power-up was pure fanservice.

New Reply
Page 8 of 70 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 ... LastLast