Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 754 by cnet128 , Bleach 590 by cnet128 , Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 48 of 70 FirstFirst ... 38 46 47 48 49 50 58 ... LastLast

Thread: But what are your thoughts on yaoi?

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Teeba's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Teeba's AMA Thread

I'm so happy people are having discussions with total disregard on who's thread it is! I really like it, sorry I can't reply to every single one. ;_;

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    People forget, but Tetsusaiga was the original sharingan. Need to beat a seemingly unbeatable enemy? Tetsusaiga gained a new, unheard of power, only to be used once, to deal with the situation. And Kubo had nothing on RT when it came to pointless, monster of the week fights. To her credit, she did manage to string together more than four sentence fragments per chapter, a feet Kubo has yet to match.
    I remember reading someone describe the later parts of Inuyasha as "the adventures of Tetsusaiga and his 5 sidekicks". And who could ever forget Bakusaiga, the asspulls of asspulls? (well, more like armpull in this case)

Another thing to Takahashi's credit is that she kept her core cast quite small. Villains and allies came and went, but you didn't have squads and squads of powerful people cropping up all over the place, taking up the storyline with they specialness. Though I guess with Sesshoumaru she made an exception. And power hierarchies were kept rather simple, which to this day I still don't understand what the big deal is about. Ah, even with all its "WTF was she smoking?!" moments, Inuyasha was enjoyable to read, and I remember it fondly.

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    Teebs is mads at mes?
    I'm not mad at you! How have you been, Milly?

Quote Originally Posted by Asclepius View Post
    Can't we just ban Mej already?
    For one week?
    Pweease.
    Hey Asky, how have you been? Omg you're quoting that trollsome interview by Kubo, God was that funny.

Quote Originally Posted by goldb View Post
    I hear there's a divide there between those Itachi fans, Minato fans, and some other fanboys I'm not sure which. But they don't like to be called fanboys apparently. You're not missing much with FT, there's been a lot of crap being said about Mashima's lazy/trolling writing but it's been like this for a long while, yet people insist on coming back week after week only to slate it. I don't understand these gaise, y u no be constructive?
    I LOVE Fairy Tail because it doesn't take itself too seriously. It has really strong blatant themes of friendship and justice and when people say its an asspull it makes me upset. Fairy Tail was always about that. People wanting a "dark and edgy" action manga will not find it in Fairy Tail. Seriously.

I have to admit, I really like discussing Beelzebub because its just not popular enough to attract hardcore fanboys like that. Then again, Beelzebub has dreaded Shipping Discussions which make me physically ill when I think about it. I know Naruto and OP and Fairy Tail have their ship wars but I swear, even as a shipper myself some people are exceptionally awful.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Asclepius's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

The funniest part of the interview for me is when they asked about the Bleach Musical. He said he felt weird.
    We, the fans, know the naked truth. Kubo with a happy face singing the ending song along with the actors.
    I love that scene.
    I think Kubo was too shy in this interview.

Discuss the yaoi side of Shingeki no Kyojin and Kuroko no Basket at the Boys Love section.

Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

I think he felt shy as well as kind of cynical. I mean, he said he wondered why Ichigo got so much screentime.

But yeah, I think his personality has changed somewhat since last time he left the country. I'm surprised to hear he hung out with the Bleach musical actors!

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

I miss the darker theme we used to have.

I'm sad you're ignoring me, Teebles. HOw are you?

MH Lothario 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member goldb's Avatar
    Country
    Costa Gravas
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Teeba View Post

I LOVE Fairy Tail because it doesn't take itself too seriously. It has really strong blatant themes of friendship and justice and when people say its an asspull it makes me upset. Fairy Tail was always about that. People wanting a "dark and edgy" action manga will not find it in Fairy Tail. Seriously.

I have to admit, I really like discussing Beelzebub because its just not popular enough to attract hardcore fanboys like that. Then again, Beelzebub has dreaded Shipping Discussions which make me physically ill when I think about it. I know Naruto and OP and Fairy Tail have their ship wars but I swear, even as a shipper myself some people are exceptionally awful.
    THAT. That is what many FT readers that are now hating Mashima forget. It's a series that will always put friendship/love above power and evil. It's like many of them have just been reading from 2-3 chapters ago. Bah. Haters can hate

What ship are you referring to? I don't read Beel.

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Smiling Kubo on stage, with the actors and actresses

Singing Kubo (it's a bad gif, but you can see that he is singing along).
    Spoiler show

Discuss the yaoi side of Shingeki no Kyojin and Kuroko no Basket at the Boys Love section.

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Costa Gravas
    Post Thanks / Like

He's thinking "Oh my god, what have I created? " Hence the awkwardness on stage.

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Horosho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm so happy people are having discussions with total disregard on who's thread it is! I really like it, sorry I can't reply to every single one. ;_;
    It's like Gary's thread, but with more comprehensible comments

Quote Quote:
    I remember reading someone describe the later parts of Inuyasha as "the adventures of Tetsusaiga and his 5 sidekicks". And who could ever forget Bakusaiga, the asspulls of asspulls? (well, more like armpull in this case)
    That sounds right. The swords was the star, Inuyasha was just the dude who carried it. Didn't he get some dragonscale technique he only used once? My favorite was when he stole a technique from Sesshomaru's sword.

Quote Quote:
    Another thing to Takahashi's credit is that she kept her core cast quite small. Villains and allies came and went, but you didn't have squads and squads of powerful people cropping up all over the place, taking up the storyline with they specialness. Though I guess with Sesshoumaru she made an exception. And power hierarchies were kept rather simple, which to this day I still don't understand what the big deal is about. Ah, even with all its "WTF was she smoking?!" moments, Inuyasha was enjoyable to read, and I remember it fondly.
    The last arc I genuinely enjoyed was Abe-hime. After that all the WTF started creeping in. I think I most posts probably sounded like the ones over in FT, after it was revealed Bakusaiga (and a spare arm) were "inside" Sesshamaru the whole time. Power levels were relatively well defined until the end of the Abe-hime arc, when he started getting random sword power ups. Before that, power levels were relatively stable, more like One Piece than Dragonball Z. I did like that the main cast remained relatively small. Unlike a certain manga about ninja's that I shan't name, characters weren't introduced, only to be discarded for the rest of the series.

I hear there's a divide there between those Itachi fans, Minato fans, and some other fanboys I'm not sure which. But they don't like to be called fanboys apparently. You're not missing much with FT, there's been a lot of crap being said about Mashima's lazy/trolling writing but it's been like this for a long while, yet people insist on coming back week after week only to slate it. I don't understand these gaise, y u no be constructive?
    There's a big divide between Senju and Uchiha fans, in general. It seems you are not allowed to like both, or believe both have their strong points. Only passionate, angry arguments are allowed. Canon evidence seems to be frowned upon. Neither side is willing to acknowledge the glaring plotholes effecting all Naruto related debates.

I always found FT to be entertaining. A fun, relaxing read, not a manga to be taken too seriously. As you said; it's not a series where you should analyze every plot twist, and dissect every power. Have as much fun with it as the author is having. I fell behind years ago, and never have caught up. Probably won't, but it's not a manga I would ever say anything bad about.

Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    I miss the darker theme we used to have.

I'm sad you're ignoring me, Teebles. HOw are you?
    I'm ignoring you? Sorry about that. I'm ok. Spring Break is here, finally!!

THAT. That is what many FT readers that are now hating Mashima forget. It's a series that will always put friendship/love above power and evil. It's like many of them have just been reading from 2-3 chapters ago. Bah. Haters can hate

What ship are you referring to? I don't read Beel.
    Fairy Tail is a great pick-me-up. I got into via the anime, and the theme of friendship is seriously one of the best things about it. Also I love the theme of never giving up your life, even for sacrifice. The only way I can imagine people Not Getting It is if yeah, they just started reading it 2-3 chapters ago, or if they have such a specific mindset on what an action/adventure manga should be that they ignore everything else.

Beelzebub has the classic set up of having two central female characters: one of which is the heroine, the other being the girl who has a crush on the hero. Fandom divides itself regularly on who should end up with him, even if he's probably the least interested in romance. Its happened in so many other manga I just wish people knew better.

Smiling Kubo on stage, with the actors and actresses

Singing Kubo (it's a bad gif, but you can see that he is singing along).
    Spoiler show
    Wow, I wonder if Kubo remembered this. This is why I think he was being cynical, over all.

The internet remembers everything, folks! Remember that next time you fight which Naruto character clan is better. /doesn't read Naruto.

Country
    Costa Gravas
    Post Thanks / Like

There's a big divide between Senju and Uchiha fans, in general. It seems you are not allowed to like both, or believe both have their strong points. Only passionate, angry arguments are allowed. Canon evidence seems to be frowned upon. Neither side is willing to acknowledge the glaring plotholes effecting all Naruto related debates.

I always found FT to be entertaining. A fun, relaxing read, not a manga to be taken too seriously. As you said; it's not a series where you should analyze every plot twist, and dissect every power. Have as much fun with it as the author is having. I fell behind years ago, and never have caught up. Probably won't, but it's not a manga I would ever say anything bad about.
    Fairy Tail is a great pick-me-up. I got into via the anime, and the theme of friendship is seriously one of the best things about it. Also I love the theme of never giving up your life, even for sacrifice. The only way I can imagine people Not Getting It is if yeah, they just started reading it 2-3 chapters ago, or if they have such a specific mindset on what an action/adventure manga should be that they ignore everything else.
    You sir are playing with fire; had your post been anywhere near the Naruto section; we'd have members committing hate crimes and asking for your head. . I think the only mangas I read and try to analyse are OP and Vagabond; the latter is more trying to understand Musashi's words and actions and just drooling at the artwork.

It is exactly that. I had plans to buy it a few years ago, but dismissed it completely. I'll read it and collect it because it's fun and awesome fan service and I love the guild and its characters. It has its many obvious flaws and I'm not blind to not see them but they don't put me off the manga. I wish the members that read it would also see it this way. Or at least just be constructive when pointing out what they don't like, instead of "this is an asspull, bullshit here, bullshit there, Mashima has lost the post, blah blah blah, I will never read this again, blah"

Quote Quote:
    Beelzebub has the classic set up of having two central female characters: one of which is the heroine, the other being the girl who has a crush on the hero. Fandom divides itself regularly on who should end up with him, even if he's probably the least interested in romance. Its happened in so many other manga I just wish people knew better.
    Oft-times people see what they want and just stick to it; shonen manga and its shipping is the same. You have that to some degrees in OP, where many long time readers know the mangaka will not delve the storyline into any sort of romance but it doesn't stop shipping of some of the main characters. But it's lot more tame than compared to Naruto and most of Bleach.

Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

That sounds right. The swords was the star, Inuyasha was just the dude who carried it. Didn't he get some dragonscale technique he only used once? My favorite was when he stole a technique from Sesshomaru's sword.
    Oh man I remember that. "Hey Sesshoumaru you finally got over your brother issues now you have a shiny new sword attack oh wait, oops, that was suppose to be for your brother too my bad." No wonder he had a grunge.

I did like that the main cast remained relatively small. Unlike a certain manga about ninja's that I shan't name, characters weren't introduced, only to be discarded for the rest of the series.
    The whole "loads and loads of new characters" can get really annoying, especially when one of them ascends to have super-special usefullness. You find yourself questioning why the MC is even there when there are obviously characters more capable than him.

I know this argument too well. Your favorite character(A) is the coolest, has the best fighting capabilites, will be super important to the plot, is clearly the hero(ine)'s True Love, and anyone else who disagrees must not be reading the illegally scanlated manga properly. People who prefer character B over character A must not know How Shonen Manga works, otherwise they would know why character B sucks.

...what did I just write.

It is exactly that. I had plans to buy it a few years ago, but dismissed it completely. I'll read it and collect it because it's fun and awesome fan service and I love the guild and its characters. It has its many obvious flaws and I'm not blind to not see them but they don't put me off the manga. I wish the members that read it would also see it this way. Or at least just be constructive when pointing out what they don't like, instead of "this is an asspull, bullshit here, bullshit there, Mashima has lost the post, blah blah blah, I will never read this again, blah"
    If its released digitally I might start buying it. I already buy manga as it is so it might be difficult. Yeah FT has its flaws, and the fanservice can be a bit too much for me, but the pros really outweigh the cons. I love the character designs and Erza is a total boss. I also love how Gray provides manservice and ho-yay for the ladies.

Oft-times people see what they want and just stick to it; shonen manga and its shipping is the same. You have that to some degrees in OP, where many long time readers know the mangaka will not delve the storyline into any sort of romance but it doesn't stop shipping of some of the main characters. But it's lot more tame than compared to Naruto and most of Bleach.
    Oh I totally agree. We all do, to a certain extent, and I think its impossible to be totally neutral when it comes to enjoying popular entertainment. But sometimes people can be really adamant in their beliefs (like Senju vs. Uchiha) to the point where you can't take it seriously, and it makes fandom feel a bit divided.

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

ANY PLANS FOR SPRING BREAK?

LIKE NJ? TRAVELING? NJ? MEET UP? GOING TO BEACH? HMM?

Country
    Costa Gravas
    Post Thanks / Like

If its released digitally I might start buying it. I already buy manga as it is so it might be difficult. Yeah FT has its flaws, and the fanservice can be a bit too much for me, but the pros really outweigh the cons. I love the character designs and Erza is a total boss. I also love how Gray provides manservice and ho-yay for the ladies.
    What manga do you collect physically and digitally? Yes, the fanservice is a bit much at times but hey, I'm not complaining. Juvia will drown you for drooling over her Gray .

Quote Quote:
    Oh I totally agree. We all do, to a certain extent, and I think its impossible to be totally neutral when it comes to enjoying popular entertainment. But sometimes people can be really adamant in their beliefs (like Senju vs. Uchiha) to the point where you can't take it seriously, and it makes fandom feel a bit divided.
    For sure, for example I'm sorta biased in OP towards Zoro; sorta and put A LOT. He's my favourite character but I don't fangasm over him or get carried away.

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Teeba's yaoi thread

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Teeba's yaoi thread

I love my thread title!

I think I want to keep it this way after April Fools Day ends.

---------- Post added at 02:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:09 AM ----------

Strike a pose~

19. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 48 of 70 FirstFirst ... 38 46 47 48 49 50 58 ... LastLast