Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply

Thread: Will Sasuke get the curse mark from having Jugo's flesh?

Banned 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Will Sasuke get the curse mark from having Jugo's flesh?

I think the Sasuke vs Killer Bee fight may have been Kishimoto's way to give Sasuke a form of Jugo's ability which is called sage transformation. In this thread I will call Jugo's ability curse mark since a lot of people may not know that Jugo's ability is called sage transformation.

Spoiler show

Judging by what Karin says in the picture above it seems a enzyme in Jugo's blood may cause his ability the curse mark to activate.

Spoiler show

Jugo gave Sasuke his flesh to repair Sasuke’s chest from Killer Bee’s attack which means Sasuke should have Jugo's enzyme.

Maybe Sasuke wouldn't need a seal on his neck to use the curse marks power if he can find a way to activate Jugo's enzyme without using a seal.

Do you think there's a chance Sasuke could get the curse marks power to activate?

I made this curse mark theory a while back on MangaStream forum but I've changed it over time and posted it here to see what people think of it now. The MangaStream forum was deleted.

Curse Mark + Sage Mode combination

If Sasuke can activate Jugo's enzyme to use the curse mark and if he learned sage mode then the curse mark could let him use sage mode for longer. As the curse mark would let Sasuke absorb natural energy when moving.

Naruto can't currently collect natural energy while moving but Kabuto can since he has Jugo's DNA. Kabuto can absorb natural energy while moving which lets him use sage mode for longer.
    Last edited by TimeMask; December 18, 2012 at 07:46 AM.

Banned MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Will Sasuke get the curse mark from having Jugo's flesh?

I think he would have gained it by now if that were the case. He's had his flesh in his body for what... months now? Likewise it was never the flesh of Juugo that spread the enzyme through the host's body. It was Orochimaru who found a way to give the enzyme transformative powers when injected into other people. So even if the enzyme is in Sasuke's bloodstream right now, the extra "something" put inside it during Orochimaru's experiments isn't in Sasuke, so he can't transform.

Also, the pill was only needed for the second level of Curse Seal. Sasuke displayed immediate changes in personality and strength/chakra right after Orochimaru placed the seal on him. He'd still have CS1 capabilities immediately after Juugo gave him part of his flesh, and yet we haven't seen that yet. So I'm gonna assume that no, he has no Curse Seal abilities anymore. Maybe Suigetsu's secret scroll will have a way to recreate the Curse Seal for him.

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Banned 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ninjabot View Post
    I think he would have gained it by now if that were the case. He's had his flesh in his body for what... months now? Likewise it was never the flesh of Juugo that spread the enzyme through the host's body. It was Orochimaru who found a way to give the enzyme transformative powers when injected into other people. So even if the enzyme is in Sasuke's bloodstream right now, the extra "something" put inside it during Orochimaru's experiments isn't in Sasuke, so he can't transform.

Also, the pill was only needed for the second level of Curse Seal. Sasuke displayed immediate changes in personality and strength/chakra right after Orochimaru placed the seal on him. He'd still have CS1 capabilities immediately after Juugo gave him part of his flesh, and yet we haven't seen that yet. So I'm gonna assume that no, he has no Curse Seal abilities anymore. Maybe Suigetsu's secret scroll will have a way to recreate the Curse Seal for him.
    Sasuke has everything he needs to use the curse mark since he has a enzyme with the curse marks power but he has to active the enzyme 1st to use the curse mark.

Think of it like a cake in that Sasuke has all the ingredients to use the curse mark but he needs to activate the ingredients like how you use heat to make ingredients into a cake (the ingredients = curse mark enzyme in Jugo's flesh).

My theory is rather complicated... but possible since Sasuke does have Jugo's curse mark enzyme.
    Last edited by TimeMask; March 18, 2012 at 03:37 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LnDRash's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Mmmhhhhh... cursed cake...
    Click here for what I consider the definition of "simply brilliant"

Quote Originally Posted by syx View Post
    He was once a very charismatic, kind, special and inspiring person. LnDRash was a premium brand, now this brand is called LnDTRash!

6. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

I doubt sasuke received a new CS from jugo. he should have already shown that. and I am sure he hasn't got it because jugo pointed out,mentioning,the CS originated from jugo. that's why I find unlikely that he has got it now.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Munboy's Avatar
    Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

It only suggests he's compatible with Juugo's genes; not necessarily that he's regained the Curse Seal.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Rosebunse's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, this could explain why he's one uber nuts. Maybe he didn't get the CS back, but it could be one of the reasons his sanity's taken the plunge.

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

but,while giving him his flesh/energy,jugo mentioned that he could do that because sasuke was compatible with the CS. so both of them knew about the CS and the flesh.if there had been possibilities that the CS would pass to sasuke again,they would have talked about that,imo. ALso,we haven't seen his symbols on sasuke's body yet,and he hasn't used that,as if he didn't have it...

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think sasuke will get a curse seal however how about a predisposition towards some form of sage mode? With the revelation that jugo's body naturally draws in natural energy without its side effects (as jugo does not turn to stone and apparently even while moving he can absorb it) it is entirely possible sasuke will naturally develop his own particular sage mode relatively quickly. Not sure what he would look like though, perhaps as no particular animal would have taught him he would be plainly a human sage or something.
    Last edited by kkck; April 05, 2012 at 09:41 AM.

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    I don't think jugo will get a curse seal however how about a predisposition towards some form of sage mode? With the revelation that jugo's body naturally draws in natural energy without its side effects (as jugo does not turn to stone and apparently even while moving he can absorb it) it is entirely possible sasuke will naturally develop his own particular sage mode relatively quickly. Not sure what he would look like though, perhaps as no particular animal would have taught him he would be plainly a human sage or something.
    this thread isn't about jugo receiving a curse seal .he has already got the best CS.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Oops, that was a typo, I meant sasuke lol.

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply