Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: Can they all control the Kyuubi?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, any MS user is capable of it.

    2 15.38%
  • Only full blooded Uchiha's can do it.

    4 30.77%
  • No, only certain MS users can.

    7 53.85%
New Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 50

Thread: Sharingan and controlling the Kyuubi?

  1. #31
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member okaneman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Country
    Malaysia
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    85
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Sharingan and controlling the Kyuubi?

    i don't think kakashi can control the kyuubi.. his chakra and genjutsu are limited compared to the uchiha's... but maybe with 1st hokage's cell, he can... well, it doesn't really matter...

  2. #32
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity jaymizzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    I had a smaller one but i guess i left it at home
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,764
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Sharingan and controlling the Kyuubi?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rikudou King View Post
    It's not "plain hype". In the series and databook, it's been stated basically as a fact and standard ability of the MS multiple times. And unlike the situation with Jiraiya, we have seen no evidence disproving it.

    Them not doing so doesn't mean they can't. I can easily point out that Tobi can use genjutsu, yet he didn't actually use one til the end of the fight with Konan.
    Actually it has been disproven multiple times. The fact that only 2 People have ever been able to control the kyuubi should be evidence enough, and both werent even using theyre MS.
    "Man hands misery onto man" - Philip Larkin

  3. #33
    Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Venice
    Country
    Italy
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    9,113
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Sharingan and controlling the Kyuubi?

    Quote Originally Posted by okaneman View Post
    i don't think kakashi can control the kyuubi.. his chakra and genjutsu are limited compared to the uchiha's... but maybe with 1st hokage's cell, he can... well, it doesn't really matter...
    nice,I haven't ever thought about that. kakashi able to control Kurama thank's to his MS,although it's different to the others MS. Yet,the fact naruto and kurama are allying makes me think we won't see any other MS users controlling the fox,but maybe another biju

  4. #34
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Posts
    18,610
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Sharingan and controlling the Kyuubi?

    Quote Originally Posted by jaymizzo View Post
    Actually it has been disproven multiple times. The fact that only 2 People have ever been able to control the kyuubi should be evidence enough, and both werent even using theyre MS.
    Seeing only 2 people controlling the kyubi is in no way evidence of what you are suggesting. For one thing, we haven't actually seen a bunch of people trying to control the kyubi and failing. For another, even if we had seen that it would still not prove anything. It could easily be the case that the user was simply not skilled enough to pull it off while at the same time every sharingan that ever was would still have the potential to control the kyubi. Its not like the kyubi is accessible to just about anyone either and that would include the uchiha. The kyubi would have appeared to be over 50 years sealed where the uchiha could not reach him...

  5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  6. #35
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity jaymizzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    I had a smaller one but i guess i left it at home
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,764
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Sharingan and controlling the Kyuubi?

    Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Seeing only 2 people controlling the kyubi is in no way evidence of what you are suggesting. For one thing, we haven't actually seen a bunch of people trying to control the kyubi and failing. For another, even if we had seen that it would still not prove anything. It could easily be the case that the user was simply not skilled enough to pull it off while at the same time every sharingan that ever was would still have the potential to control the kyubi. Its not like the kyubi is accessible to just about anyone either and that would include the uchiha. The kyubi would have appeared to be over 50 years sealed where the uchiha could not reach him...
    The Manga contradicts itself, it is said that controlling the kyuubi is an MS power, yet the only two people we have seen able to control the kyuubi used a basic sharingan.

    Madara himself also says that ones with special eyes or something to that effect, which also proves that only a select few can. e.g. im inclined to believe that Shishui could because of his genjutsu.
    "Man hands misery onto man" - Philip Larkin

  7. #36
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity KiSwordsman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Country
    United States
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,759
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Sharingan and controlling the Kyuubi?

    Quote Originally Posted by jaymizzo View Post
    The Manga contradicts itself, it is said that controlling the kyuubi is an MS power, yet the only two people we have seen able to control the kyuubi used a basic sharingan.

    Madara himself also says that ones with special eyes or something to that effect, which also proves that only a select few can. e.g. im inclined to believe that Shishui could because of his genjutsu.
    We know that Madara had the Mangekyo, and this page indicates that tobi has one as well.

    http://www.mangareader.net/93-390-2/...apter-385.html


    Granted we haven't seen it. It was never outright stated that one needed to have the Mangekyo active to gain control over ther fox

    Also how exactly does the phrase "those with blessed eyes" refer to a select few? if anything it refers to the entirety of the Uchiha clan.
    Last edited by KiSwordsman; March 25, 2012 at 12:18 PM.

  8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  9. #37
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity jaymizzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    I had a smaller one but i guess i left it at home
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,764
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Sharingan and controlling the Kyuubi?

    Quote Originally Posted by KiSwordsman View Post
    We know that Madara had the Mangekyo, and this page indicates that tobi has one as well.

    http://www.mangareader.net/93-390-2/...apter-385.html


    Granted we haven't seen it. It was never outright stated that one needed to have the Mangekyo active to gain control over ther fox

    Also how exactly does the phrase "those with blessed eyes" refer to a select few? if anything it refers to the entirety of the Uchiha clan.
    Itachi until now still believes that Tobi = Madara. Something that has yet to be proven.

    By that logic then both byakugan and rinnengan should be able to control the kyuubi with just theyre eyes, they too have blessed eyes no?
    "Man hands misery onto man" - Philip Larkin

  10. #38
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member GyoMasta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Country
    Canada
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    212
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Sharingan and controlling the Kyuubi?

    Quote Originally Posted by jaymizzo View Post
    Actually it has been disproven multiple times. The fact that only 2 People have ever been able to control the kyuubi should be evidence enough, and both werent even using theyre MS.
    Logic: the fact that we never saw any human other Jiraiya and Naruto use Gama Senjutsu proves that no other human in the past has ever managed to use/master this art.

    Se what I've done? This reasoning is invalid. And when would any other uchiha would have tried to take control of the Kyuubi considering it was sealed with a very special fuuinjutsu and special charkra to begion with? No many Uchiha have even been seein trying to take control of a Kyuubi jinchuuriki. But it is clearly said in both manga and Databook that bijuu control is an Uchiha doujutsu ability.

  11. #39
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity KiSwordsman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Country
    United States
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,759
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Sharingan and controlling the Kyuubi?

    Quote Originally Posted by jaymizzo View Post
    Itachi until now still believes that Tobi = Madara. Something that has yet to be proven.

    By that logic then both byakugan and rinnengan should be able to control the kyuubi with just theyre eyes, they too have blessed eyes no?
    Exactly, Tobi is the one that Itachi believes to be Uchiha Madara. Therefore, it indicates that Tobi has a mangekyo. The byakugan until stated otherwise has nothing to do with either of those Doujutsu. however, the sharingan was shown to evole into the Rin'negan before the fox had that flashback. Which would indicated why the Sharingan is considered bleessed by madara. Also the Rin'negan has the ability to put a literal leash around the tailed beasts to restrain their power.
    Last edited by KiSwordsman; March 25, 2012 at 01:08 PM.

  12. #40
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity jaymizzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    I had a smaller one but i guess i left it at home
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,764
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Sharingan and controlling the Kyuubi?

    Quote Originally Posted by GyoMasta View Post
    Logic: the fact that we never saw any human other Jiraiya and Naruto use Gama Senjutsu proves that no other human in the past has ever managed to use/master this art.
    No one has ever mastered sage arts apart from those two...

    ---------- Post added at 12:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:18 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by KiSwordsman View Post
    Exactly, Tobi is the one that Itachi believes to be Uchiha Madara. Therefore, it indicates that Tobi has a mangekyo. The byakugan until stated otherwise has nothing to do with either of those Doujutsu. however, the sharingan was shown to evole into the Rin'negan before the fox had that flashback. Which would indicated why the Sharingan is considered bleessed by madara. Also the Rin'negan has the ability to put a literal leash around the tailed beasts to restrain their power.
    The Byakugan is said to be the ancestor of the sharingan, so most likely in the natural evolution line, its Rinnengan - Byakugan - Sharingan. All the evolutions from the Sharingan to the Rinnengan weve seen so far are scientifically engineered.

    There are plenty of other reasons as to why Itachi could have believed Madara to be Tobi, He had S/T, knew too much about Konoha + Uchiha and had the power to control the kyuubi.
    "Man hands misery onto man" - Philip Larkin

  13. #41
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity KiSwordsman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Country
    United States
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,759
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Sharingan and controlling the Kyuubi?

    Quote Originally Posted by jaymizzo View Post
    No one has ever mastered sage arts apart from those two...

    ---------- Post added at 12:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:18 PM ----------



    The Byakugan is said to be the ancestor of the sharingan, so most likely in the natural evolution line, its Rinnengan - Byakugan - Sharingan. All the evolutions from the Sharingan to the Rinnengan weve seen so far are scientifically engineered.

    There are plenty of other reasons as to why Itachi could have believed Madara to be Tobi, He had S/T, knew too much about Konoha + Uchiha and had the power to control the kyuubi.
    This was stated by Kakashi, a man that believed the rin'negan to be a mutation and six path sage to be a mith. Also, that whole thing regarding the Byakugan having anything to do with the Sharingan was a mere rumor in the first place, and until stated otherwise is just that, a rumor. Ok and you believe that thoughout all that time that the knew each other, Itachi never saw for himself if tobi had a magekyo? He made the assumption based purely on the legend regarding Madara?

    Also I hope when you say sage arts, you mean toad sage arts.

  14. #42
    MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Rikudou King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Poke-france.
    Country
    United States
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,813
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Sharingan and controlling the Kyuubi?

    Quote Originally Posted by jaymizzo View Post
    Actually it has been disproven multiple times. The fact that only 2 People have ever been able to control the kyuubi should be evidence enough, and both werent even using theyre MS.
    Disproven? All that was said was needed was the MS. Not necessarily that it had to be used. And how does only two people being in a position to control the Kyuubi evidence that other MS user can't?

  15. #43
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member GyoMasta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Country
    Canada
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    212
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Sharingan and controlling the Kyuubi?

    Quote Originally Posted by jaymizzo View Post
    No one has ever mastered sage arts apart from those two...

    ---------- Post added at 12:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:18 PM ----------



    The Byakugan is said to be the ancestor of the sharingan, so most likely in the natural evolution line, its Rinnengan - Byakugan - Sharingan. All the evolutions from the Sharingan to the Rinnengan weve seen so far are scientifically engineered.

    There are plenty of other reasons as to why Itachi could have believed Madara to be Tobi, He had S/T, knew too much about Konoha + Uchiha and had the power to control the kyuubi.
    1) I'll explain again: bith naruto and Kushina are Uzumaki , but since we never saw Kushina go to the toilet while we saw Nartuo go to it, then we can assume that going to the toilet is something only 1 Uzumaki, Naruto taht is, can go to the toilet. Looks dumb, but do you get the principle?

    2) When I wrote "the fact that we never saw any human other Jiraiya and Naruto use Gama Senjutsu proves that no other human in the past has ever managed to use/master this art" I was refering to ninja we actually saw in the manga. Fukasaku said that the frog statues around the special oil fountain were the ninjas who tried to use Toad (Gama) Sage Mode but failed. Others went trhough that training in the past and many failed but we do not have the number of those who, before Jiraiya, succeeded in the task. That's what i was saying about no other human having mastered Sennin Mode, that in fact others in the Naruto universe chronology (no what's shown in the manga) could have had mastered Gama Senjutsu in the past that Fukasaku doesn't need to talk about (Naruto wouldn't know crack about such individuals anyway, while he knows Jiraiya).

    Same goes, in a certain way, with the ability to control bijuu with Mangekyou Sharingan: the fact that no one else tried to control the bijuu other thab Madara/Tobi doesn't mean, considering what is implied/said in the manga, Uchiha Secret Tablet and databook, that controlling bijuu isn't a Mangekyou ability but something exclusive to Madara and Tobi.

  16. #44
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity jaymizzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    I had a smaller one but i guess i left it at home
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,764
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Sharingan and controlling the Kyuubi?

    Quote Originally Posted by GyoMasta View Post
    1) I'll explain again: bith naruto and Kushina are Uzumaki , but since we never saw Kushina go to the toilet while we saw Nartuo go to it, then we can assume that going to the toilet is something only 1 Uzumaki, Naruto taht is, can go to the toilet. Looks dumb, but do you get the principle?

    2) When I wrote "the fact that we never saw any human other Jiraiya and Naruto use Gama Senjutsu proves that no other human in the past has ever managed to use/master this art" I was refering to ninja we actually saw in the manga. Fukasaku said that the frog statues around the special oil fountain were the ninjas who tried to use Toad (Gama) Sage Mode but failed. Others went trhough that training in the past and many failed but we do not have the number of those who, before Jiraiya, succeeded in the task. That's what i was saying about no other human having mastered Sennin Mode, that in fact others in the Naruto universe chronology (no what's shown in the manga) could have had mastered Gama Senjutsu in the past that Fukasaku doesn't need to talk about (Naruto wouldn't know crack about such individuals anyway, while he knows Jiraiya).

    Same goes, in a certain way, with the ability to control bijuu with Mangekyou Sharingan: the fact that no one else tried to control the bijuu other thab Madara/Tobi doesn't mean, considering what is implied/said in the manga, Uchiha Secret Tablet and databook, that controlling bijuu isn't a Mangekyou ability but something exclusive to Madara and Tobi.
    1) If Kushina, Karin and Nagato all had the opportunity to use the toilet but decided to pee on themselves then yes, we can assume that most Uzumaki have a phobia for toilets.

    2) Fukusaku stated that only Naruto and Jiraiya have been able to master/Succeed in Sage arts training.

    Kabuto knows full well of the Mangekyous capabilities and the Uchiha clan, he summoned Itachi but never thought of using him to control the Kyuubi. It would make sense if a select few, say 3 or 4 people in the clan had the ability to control the kyuubi, but not the whole friggin clan.
    "Man hands misery onto man" - Philip Larkin

  17. #45
    MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Rikudou King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Poke-france.
    Country
    United States
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,813
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Sharingan and controlling the Kyuubi?

    Quote Originally Posted by jaymizzo View Post
    Kabuto knows full well of the Mangekyous capabilities and the Uchiha clan, he summoned Itachi but never thought of using him to control the Kyuubi. It would make sense if a select few, say 3 or 4 people in the clan had the ability to control the kyuubi, but not the whole friggin clan.
    Never did it with Madara either, so that doesn't prove anything. But the whole clan can't do it, that's the point. Out of the handful that even manage to awaken the Sharingan, even few are capable of activating MS. So it would in fact be a select few in regards to the whole clan.

  18. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts