Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)

View Poll Results: Is Raizel going to fight the 12th Elder?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, it's unaviodable.

    2 40.00%
  • No, Frankenstien won't allow it!

    2 40.00%
  • Maybe, but he'll only use a tiny bit of his power.

    1 20.00%
New Reply
Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Noblesse Chapter 228 Review

  1. #1
    MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Country
    United States
    Age
    31
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,885
    Post Thanks / Like

    Noblesse Chapter 228 Review

    Nothing really to say here this week so...

    Onto the review!

    Chapter Summary

    Oh, I suspect he can...


    This week begins with Takeo and Tao continuing to duel it out with Kutai. Takeo proves fast enough to keep up with Kutai's movements and together they are eventually able to bring him down, with the final blow being struck by Tao using his ribbon's to form a drill type weapon that pierces Kutai. After he falls they decide to head off and try to help M-21 and Regis, though both of them are fairly exhausted.

    As soon as they leave Yuri approaches the fallen Kutai and taunts him a bit. Explaining that Crombell will be pleased that he was able to attain his body along with Yuizi (the redhead) as samples and that the 12 Elder has probably arrived thanks to Yuri's false information; and, as most of us had worked out, this whole thing was a scheme by Crombell to disgrace and destroy the 12th Elder and Cerberus. Then Yuri moves to finish Lutai.

    Meanwhile, over at M-21 and Regis' battle things are not going quite as well. Regis is unable to do much at all against Rodin and, though weakened enough to be vulnerable, Ked is still far to much for M-21. Fortunately for him, Yonstu comes to his rescue attacking Ked and drawing his attention for long enough for M-21 to deliver a brutal slash right across Ked's spine, bringing him down once and for all, then immediately collapses as well.

    The focus shifts to Frankenstein and Raizel who are closing in on the battlefield. Frankenstien is concerned for his master but Raizel tells him that he is worrying needlessly; and, if anything, this only increases Frankenstein concern. Who resolves to do everything in his power to keep his master from fighting.

    Chapter Review

    Yontsu wins!


    Substance

    Cerberus took a pounding, with 3 of 4 out of action. Yuizi due to betrayal at the hands of Yuri. Kutai at the hands of Takeo and Tao, which surprised me quite a bit. M-21 finally brought Ked down thanks to Yontsu's intervention. The only one still kicking around is Rodin, who is beating Regis pretty bad.

    If things were allowed to play out here I suspect Rodin would probably win because Sangeen is done, M-21 seems done, Tao and Takeo are beaten up and exhausted, Regis has been taking quite a beating, and Yontsu just isn't at his level.

    But big time reinforcements are headed their way for both sides as Frankenstien and Raizel have to be almost there by now and the 12th Elder is apparently in Korea; and is most likely rampaging his way toward them right now. Which, I guess, tells us who Raizel and Frankestien will be fighting.

    Things are going ideally for Yuri with Cerberus dropping like flies and the 12th Elder headed into a possible fight with Raizel; but he may have made one miscalculation. If Raizel fights because of Yuri's scheme, and Frankenstein finds out that it was due to his scheme, there won't be enough left him to fit in a shoebox.

    Presentation

    Fast and furious combat art this week, with three fights going on and two of them getting resolved. I thought all was well drawn and well paced. None of the fights felt rushed or formulaic. With all the characters fighting tooth and nail to try and come out on top. Nothing about these battles has been smooth or predictable, and I like that.

    Naturally, I was also a huge fan of having Yontsu saving M-21 and then having M-21 save her like 2 seconds later. It's a good way to build up a sense trust and mutual respect between the two characters going forward. Plus it added a little extra spice to Ked's defeat.

    My only complaint is Yuri's monologue. It was very informative but it was also such a classic villain monologue. He was like "Here let me tell you my entire plan." I would have rather we be kept in the dark to be honest.

    Final Rating

    A pivotal battle chapter where the tide turned against Cerberus but it also let us know that the fight is far from over with more heavy hitters inbound.

    I give it a 4 out of 5.

    My Prediction
    • The 12th Elder will not leave Korea alive

    My Previous Predictions(Current Record 11-12)

    Yontsu will help tackle the Blonde Troll.
    A swing and miss. She fought Ked not Lutai; most likely drawn to that fight by M-21's handsomeness.

    Na Yontsu will fight Cerberus.
    Correct. She was M-21's knight in shining armor.

    These union people will be a legitimate threat to Frankenstein.
    Hahaha, I think not. From what we've seen Frankenstein could have taken all 4 with one hand tied behind his back.

    Spoiler: Ongoing show


    Thread Question of the Week
    Where is Seira? Is she going to miss out on all the fun?
    Last edited by Jammin; March 20, 2012 at 10:13 PM.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]

  2. Thanks 4 Member(s) thanked this post
  3. #2
    Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    11,977
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Noblesse Chapter 228 Review

    Awesome review again Jamin. As for the question of Seira, she should appear to help Regis sometime soon.
    I don't believe she would need to lend support to Raizel and Franky. She won't allow Regis to bite the bullet.
    So.... in the next chapter we may get a clan leader with soul weapon versus the Cerberus's strongest (presuming).


  4. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
  5. #3
    MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Country
    United States
    Age
    31
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,885
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Noblesse Chapter 228 Review

    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    Awesome review again Jamin. As for the question of Seira, she should appear to help Regis sometime soon.
    I don't believe she would need to lend support to Raizel and Franky. She won't allow Regis to bite the bullet.
    So.... in the next chapter we may get a clan leader with soul weapon versus the Cerberus's strongest (presuming).
    That's exactly the scenario I want to see play out.

    I'm not sure how much of a fight Rodin could give her if she broke out the death scythe but I jump at any chance to see Seira "smite" somebody. The greatness of that would be further increased by Yontsu looking on and being like "Who the #$%@ is that!"
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]

  6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  7. #4
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Wowzers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Country
    Canada
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,933
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Noblesse Chapter 228 Review

    Quote Originally Posted by Jammin View Post
    That's exactly the scenario I want to see play out.

    I'm not sure how much of a fight Rodin could give her if she broke out the death scythe but I jump at any chance to see Seira "smite" somebody. The greatness of that would be further increased by Yontsu looking on and being like "Who the #$%@ is that!"
    It might be more like...

    Yontsu: "Why are some of my students here, fighting against people I wouldn't have a hope of beating? It wasn't just the guards?!"

  8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  9. #5
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member The Red Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Country
    France
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    161
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Noblesse Chapter 228 Review

    Damn,I have the feeling that everythink's going on according to Yuri's plan,I strongly believe that he intends to use Rai & Franky's power to eliminate the 12th elder,thus making some room on the Union's Political Chessboard for Crombell !

    Quote Quote:
    Naturally, I was also a huge fan of having Yontsu saving M-21 and then having M-21 save her like 2 seconds later. It's a good way to build up a sense trust and mutual respect between the two characters going forward. Plus it added a little extra spice to Ked's defeat.
    Rest Assured Jam.you were'nt the only one delighted about it.The Whole Na Yontsu/M-21 Faction was happy(You,are part of the faction,Jam even if you don't know it)
    Zettai-Teki Seigi/Absolute Justice

  10. Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
  11. #6
    Global Moderator 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Age
    21
    Posts
    9,079
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Noblesse Chapter 228 Review

    Quote Originally Posted by Jammin View Post
    If things were allowed to play out here I suspect Rodin would probably win because Sangeen is done, M-21 seems done, Tao and Takeo are beaten up and exhausted, Regis has been taking quite a beating, and Yontsu just isn't at his level.

    But big time reinforcements are headed their way for both sides as Frankenstien and Raizel have to be almost there by now and the 12th Elder is apparently in Korea; and is most likely rampaging his way toward them right now. Which, I guess, tells us who Raizel and Frankestien will be fighting.
    I agree. Rodin wins now because he is still fresh while the ones left are either very weak already due to constant fights or just not in the same strength level with him. If Rai and Frank really came... My, such destiny they have to face. I would rather not, since I always thought Cerberus would play a rather significant role, at least like DA-5. To be destroyed so easily like this, more because of betrayal than die in honor fighting 'enemies', is so not fun.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jammin View Post
    Things are going ideally for Yuri with Cerberus dropping like flies and the 12th Elder headed into a possible fight with Raizel; but he may have made one miscalculation. If Raizel fights because of Yuri's scheme, and Frankenstein finds out that it was due to his scheme, there won't be enough left him to fit in a shoebox.
    Goodness, this is so true! All hail Frank if it truly happens.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jammin View Post
    Naturally, I was also a huge fan of having Yontsu saving M-21 and then having M-21 save her like 2 seconds later. It's a good way to build up a sense trust and mutual respect between the two characters going forward. Plus it added a little extra spice to Ked's defeat.
    No, no. That part fills up the empty and dry hearts of fans who are looking for more signals in their way than with Sangeen. Don't hide it, Jam, I know.

    I like how she finally interfered, though it was kinda too late and that what she did wasn't really much except a distraction long enough to give M-21 some time. She wouldn't be able to last long to fight Rodin. At least we get to see her fight, though. :P

    Quote Originally Posted by Jammin View Post
    Where is Seira? Is she going to miss out on all the fun?
    She's cooking at home, not knowing anything. Or far away at Lukedonia doing unknown business.

  12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts