Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Oda is planning on retiring after One Piece finishes

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner SSJ Fighter's Avatar
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Oda is planning on retiring after One Piece finishes

it should be a mistranslation.

http://www.millenniumforums.com/show...ll=1#post62717
    oda didnt say that he wants to quit but only do a short lasting serialization (like the cyborg manga)

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Googlez_kun View Post
    It does make sense,considering that Oda's next manga will never near as popular as One Piece.Furthermore,OP's world is big and crazy enough for Oda to let his creativity run free,so I would not be surprised if he simply ran out of good ideas after it finishes.
    Gotta give it to him,this man knows when to put an end to things...Well,not really.His arcs are often dragged,but at least he does not add anything unnecessary to stretch the manga due to popularity,so I'm also glad about him retiring and continuing with short stories/one-shots.
    This statement makes no sense. How would you know? And Oda said One Piece is finished in 5 years. He said he considers retiring but it all depends on his motivation. So it's nothing set in stone.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hoeru's Avatar
    Country
    Mauritius
    Post Thanks / Like

Crazytype, I think you might have misunderstood something: Oda planned One Piece to last for five years from the start to the final chapter. He said that before the Strong World premiere as well as he said that the story is about half way done around the Impel Down arc. It took him 13 years to get from the start to the half of the story. So One Piece - as the most successful manga of Japan - is already his biggest project.

He never said anything about One Piece - as of now - would be finished in five years.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity kidopitz27's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

A lot of comments says Oda needs to rest is like Oda is gonna die after OP ends i think after OP ends he will stop for the meantime and resume working as a mangaka

like having a vacation and if after his vacation and if he already have an idea/concept/plot for his next work of art then he will return :P

OMG TWO VILEPLUME

100% sure that Zoro already surpassed mihawk! 10/06/10

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hoeru View Post
    Crazytype, I think you might have misunderstood something: Oda planned One Piece to last for five years from the start to the final chapter. He said that before the Strong World premiere as well as he said that the story is about half way done around the Impel Down arc. It took him 13 years to get from the start to the half of the story. So One Piece - as the most successful manga of Japan - is already his biggest project.

He never said anything about One Piece - as of now - would be finished in five years.
    Yeah you're right. I flew just over it and my japanese is not the best. Should have read it more thoroughly. He originally planned OP to be completed in 5 years. Luffy was suppossed to find all his comrades after the first year, the adventure takes 3 years and 1 year to wrap it all up. Fortunately he expanded on his ideas.
    Last edited by Crazytype; April 17, 2012 at 07:12 PM.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted lawlett-kun's Avatar
    Country
    South Korea
    Post Thanks / Like

i hpe oda is not really leaving cuz i wont be able to take it. my favvy mangaka

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

As other mentioned, he's earned his freedom for giving his all to the series, sadly he won't be able to witness the growth of his kids until OP is finished. Toriyama complaned about that in one of his notes too, which was his reasoning to do small projects after DB only.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2