Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 761 by cnet128 , Bleach 597 (2)
New Reply

Thread: Project: Hako-Bune (The Ark in English)

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner MonarchTheLegend's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Wink Project: Hako-Bune (The Ark in English)

Project: Hako-Bune

Remember to look at the main post spoiler! Very informative and important ;D.

Spoiler: Main Post show

Quote Quote:
    Story of Hako-Bune (The Ark in English)
    Genres: Shounen, Action, Historical, Adventure
    God is grieved about his creation of men, so he sends a flood out to end the human civilization. The great ark, known as Noah's Ark, is sent out by Noah to save as much as each animal and human as possible (To keep the human race alive and animals from becoming extinct.). Ali, a runaway orphan, and his dog, Nel, find out about the ark and must find a way to it before the flood kills them both. With almost no land left in the world, rainstorms, and the world full of violent floods, will Ali and Nel be able to find the ark and live?

Setting: Story starts at Fair Havens, Crete
    Fair Havens is a city/harbor in south Crete. Crete is located in the Mediterranean Sea. I looked around a lot for the setting and this one is a great one. I'm going to have Noah build the ark in Mesopotamia. Which isn't too far away from Mount Ararat. Also, I love that name.
    Map used for Reference: World Map
    Spoiler: Original Story of Noah's Ark (Broken down) show

Spoiler: Character Portraits and Descriptions show
    Last edited by MonarchTheLegend; March 26, 2012 at 01:28 AM.
    -Remember, its all about your charACTer
    Check out my Art Gallery here on the forum or my DeviantArt ^_^

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Project: Hako-Bune

interesting story plus good drawing! You can always take an idea from the greatest book of all time . My suggestion give the kid ability to speak to animals(DOG). Make the story a side scroller (megaman for instance) Where you see him constantly running figuring out puzzles to get to the next area(Natural disaster,forest puzzles and time trial). In the bible i think there was 6-7 other humans on the ark besides noah. So make the story fast pace and short but in great detail while in a time span of 7days. Best of luck hope these pointers are helpful
    Last edited by The Neutralizer; March 20, 2012 at 11:43 PM.

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner MonarchTheLegend's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Project: Hako-Bune

Quote Originally Posted by The Neutralizer View Post
    interesting story plus good drawing! You can always take an idea from the greatest book of all time . My suggestion give the kid ability to speak to animals(DOG). Make the story a side scroller (megaman for instance) Where you see him constantly running figuring out puzzles to get to the next area(Natural disaster,forest puzzles and time trial). In the bible i think there was 6-7 other humans on the ark besides noah. So make the story fast pace and short but in great detail while in a time span of 7days. Best of luck hope these pointers are helpful
    Appreciate the reply Neutralizer =D!

Parts in the story will be fast and slow pace. The beginning of the storm is probably going to go off in the first or second chapter. The story of Noah's Ark is pretty different in certain religions. I'll be making it closer to the Christian religion but of course add in details while still having the same story. In the story, I'll be making it where everyone is searching for it. Not sure how many people were already on it, but I'll check that out.

The idea of solving puzzles and constantly running isn't too bad. Although, I am limited. The whole earth will be covered in water. So yeah, I'll have to pull a out a good one on that.

Not going to have him speak to animals. The only great relationship that he'll have with an animal is Nel. He can't speak to him, but it'll be pretty easy to understand him. For the audience and for the characters. Maybe he'll develop some more relationships with other animals. We'll see.

---------- Post added March 26, 2012 at 12:55 AM ---------- Previous post was March 22, 2012 at 04:09 PM ----------

Alright, I'm not dead. Still going on peeps. Just workin at it!

Thought of settings and a plot. Not going to post down the plot just yet. Although I'll give you guys the setting that I'm probably going to be doing.

Setting: Story starts at Fair Havens, Crete
    Fair Havens is a city/harbor in south Crete. Crete is located in the Mediterranean Sea. I looked around a lot for the setting and this one is a great one. I'm going to have Noah build the ark in Mesopotamia. Which isn't too far away from Mount Ararat. Also love the name of Fair Haven. Just sounds like a great name.

Also going to be writing down a couple of character descriptions in the main post and few other things. =)
    Last edited by MonarchTheLegend; March 26, 2012 at 12:58 AM.
    -Remember, its all about your charACTer
    Check out my Art Gallery here on the forum or my DeviantArt ^_^

New Reply