Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Bleach 486 Discussion

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bleach 486 Discussion / 487 Predictions ~Check Playground for Bleach Fan League~

Quote Originally Posted by danzouismadara View Post
    just because you master bankai before some1, doesnt mean you're stronger. renji is def. stronger than ikkaku and ikkaku hit bankai first.

---------- Post added at 10:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:45 AM ----------

OH and another thing, if sasakibe has been around since the beginning of gotei 13 how come shinji didnt know who sasakibe was when sasakibe let the vizards pass through the barrier in the arrancar war??????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.mangahere.com/manga/bleach/v42/c365/10.html
    how do you know renji is definitely stronger than ikaku?

Custom Title 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Darjaille's Avatar
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bleach 486 Discussion / 487 Predictions ~Check Playground for Bleach Fan League~

Quote Originally Posted by mattiaildivino View Post
    Epic!!! sasakibe was even stronger than kyoraku and ukitake,yet he didn't take part in a battle!!! that was really awesome. I must admit that kubo is a genious,he discovered the way to make him strogner notwithstanding he hadn't ever shown him.
    No, I don't think he was stronger. Nothing like that was said. He just achieved it earlier. Ikkaku, or Soi Fon, or Hitsugaya, or well, anyone achieved their bankai earlier than Ichigo. yet they're not stronger than him ;D

edit: lol sorry, some people already replied the same thing before me >_<

Quote Originally Posted by NinjaStar View Post
    I was always under the impression that the reason that they couldn't still Ichigo's Bankai is because he isn't a normal Shinigami. Like whether it be from it being mixed with his hollow powers(if he still has them or whatever), his fullbring now being apart of his bankai, or whatever the circumstances surrounding his birth are. The new enemies can't steal his powers just simply because they aren't able to steal his powers.
    Besides that i liked that chapter. Much better than Naruto's this week.
    Yes, I think so too. It seems though that they do know he is -that- and have a way to steal his bankai anyway... They seem to be sure with themselves.

I can see Urahara having to explain Ichigo his past when they encounter Vanderreich in HM.

ex oriente lux

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

One common theme in bleach is that Ichigo's Bankai is special, yet we don't really know why. Why is his bankai so much stronger than everyone else's despite not being a full-blooded shini? I get that being a hybrid makes you more powerful yet we have yet to see ichigo really use hollow abilities except for that rage mode when his hollow took over. Now his bankai can't be stolen, but why? does it have to do with who his parents are? Looks like urahara is going to huecomundo too! Why would they want to capture donde chaka or whatever his name is. whats so special about him?

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Raizen's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It seems some people are going a little overboard.
    Just because Sasabike achieved bankai before Shunsui and Uki does not mean he is stronger. Every bankai is different. Some are stronger than others. Just wanted to point that out.

---------- Post added at 01:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:33 PM ----------

Ichigo's bankai really isn't stronger than others. It is the fact that he is a hybrid and has a powerful hollow that makes him strong. All his bankai does is increase his speed.

Custom Title 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Darjaille's Avatar
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Um, as the title says, don't forget to check out BLEACH FAN LEAGUE in the Playground.
    What is it quickly: you choose your characters from the list, decide which abilities they'll use in their match and then play against another player with his set of characters. For more info, Playground!

ex oriente lux

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SaitoSpike's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by danzouismadara View Post
    just because you master bankai before some1, doesnt mean you're stronger. renji is def. stronger than ikkaku and ikkaku hit bankai first.

OH and another thing, if sasakibe has been around since the beginning of gotei 13 how come shinji didnt know who sasakibe was when sasakibe let the vizards pass through the barrier in the arrancar war??????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    altho i agree with the first part, on what basis is Renji stronger than Ikkaku?????

and also, calling him "this guy" when he's even being what would be considered rude to even YAMA-JI doesnt mean he doesnt know who he is, i mean if you're holding a grudge against the G13 and ur gonna be disrespectful to Yama-ji what reason do you have to address Sasakibe with respect....it really doesnt mean he didnt know who he was....
    Last edited by SaitoSpike; March 28, 2012 at 02:08 PM.

Only one thing stirs my emotion. Aku. Soku. Zan. For the sake of my justice alone!

~ Forum Fixer ~ 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Miyagi's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, I agree with people who say Sasakibe wasn't as strong as Shunsui and Ukitake. Even Ikkaku was addressed as captain-class in a couple of occasions, his age and experience don't necessarily mean that Sasakibe was stronger than most captains. Nevertheless, Sasakibe's death served as a significant event that develops Yamamoto's character and stresses the gravity of the situation further.

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Sasakibe WAS NOT weak. The only time we saw him fight was at the Soukyoku hill, and out of Omaeda, Hisane and himself, he was the only one that reacted fast enough to attack Ichigo, who was on the upper captain level tier at that point. Had Sakakibe fought any of the main cast except Ichigo, he would probably win.

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BaddAzzKenpachi74's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Where the hell is people getting the idea that Sasakibe is stronger than Shunsui and Ukitake?

Please show me a pic immediately where this is "explicitly" stated or implied.

All I remember reading was him having BANKAI before them which definitely does not mean that he was stronger than him.

Live for battle, enjoy every minute, death is the price u pay for a good battle, live to kill, no fear.
    by Kenpachi Zaraki
    . ("Discuss This" http://discussthis.freeforums.org/index.php

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity warbandit66's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

So people don't think that his refusal to use his bankai was lame? I hate that shinigami are always refusing to use their bankai or that they hate using it, even in cases where it could save their life.
    Jiraiya: His hair are the best

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BaddAzzKenpachi74's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by warbandit66 View Post
    So people don't think that his refusal to use his bankai was lame? I hate that shinigami are always refusing to use their bankai or that they hate using it, even in cases where it could save their life.
    Yea, Ikkaku pissed me off so much when he lost to Po because of this.

There was a very SERIOUS situation going on that extended beyond his life and the well being of 100,000s of innocent human beings by protecting that tower. Instead he chose to risk his life and all those other innocent lives because he did not want to show his Bankai.

Live for battle, enjoy every minute, death is the price u pay for a good battle, live to kill, no fear.
    by Kenpachi Zaraki
    . ("Discuss This" http://discussthis.freeforums.org/index.php

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted lawlett-kun's Avatar
    Country
    South Korea
    Post Thanks / Like

i wonder what sasikabe's bankai was like, and yeah he obvi waasnt near strong enough shunsui and ukitake. Cant wait for Ichigo going to HM. HARRRRRIBERRRRRRRRRR

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh yeah, the one guy that got taken out by a single punch from ichigo during the "rescue rukia" arc was on a similar or greater level than ukitake or shinsui. SURE.

i AM PRETTY SURE this is tite's plan to "I want to show how powerful the enemy is by killing off one of the good guys. Who is the most expendable? Ah that one vice captain I never bothered drawing more than once or twice throughout the entire 480 chapters. But I'll just pull out this random crap about how he was sooooooo powerful and memorable to justify killing him off."

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity warbandit66's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSaiyan4 View Post
    Oh yeah, the one guy that got taken out by a single punch from ichigo during the "rescue rukia" arc was on a similar or greater level than ukitake or shinsui. SURE.

i AM PRETTY SURE this is tite's plan to "I want to show how powerful the enemy is by killing off one of the good guys. Who is the most expendable? Ah that one vice captain I never bothered drawing more than once or twice throughout the entire 480 chapters. But I'll just pull out this random crap about how he was sooooooo powerful and memorable to justify killing him off."
    I was rolling my eyes reading that load of rubbish. How could Kubo expect anybody to care that this guy had just died when he's probably only had about 10 lines throughout the entire series?
    Jiraiya: His hair are the best

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSaiyan4 View Post

well Sasakibe was always pretty old. and old guys tend to be on a higher tier in this show than their younger comrades.

New Reply
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast