Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)
New Reply
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 163

Thread: Bleach 486 Discussion

  1. #61
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BASED Shinigami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Boston
    Country
    United States
    Age
    21
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,197
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bleach 486 Discussion / 487 Predictions ~Check Playground for Bleach Fan League~

    Quote Originally Posted by The Newbie. View Post
    Sasakibe WAS NOT weak. The only time we saw him fight was at the Soukyoku hill, and out of Omaeda, Hisane and himself, he was the only one that reacted fast enough to attack Ichigo, who was on the upper captain level tier at that point. Had Sakakibe fought any of the main cast except Ichigo, he would probably win.
    ..........you cant be serious right now.
    My comic suggestions: Ecchi, Martial Arts, Historical, Harem, Adventure!

  2. #62
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Country
    Croatia
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,143
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bleach 486 Discussion / 487 Predictions ~Check Playground for Bleach Fan League~

    Don't know what the big deal is. Sasakibe achieved Bankai before Shunsui and Kyoraku, but almost never used it. That means that he can't be as strong as best captains, since we heard from Byakuya that it takes like 10 years of training with Bankai in order to master it. If he barely used it, it means he couldn't have been as proficient in it as captains who used it a lot more.

    Yeah, in the interest of continuity, I'll buy that Ichigo took him by surprise on that hill (never should have been Sasakibe, a vice-captain to captain commander).

    Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!


    (thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

  3. #63
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member KanouYuuki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Country
    Philippines
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    134
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bleach 486 Discussion / 487 Predictions ~Check Playground for Bleach Fan League~

    Quote Originally Posted by The Newbie. View Post
    Sasakibe WAS NOT weak. The only time we saw him fight was at the Soukyoku hill, and out of Omaeda, Hisane and himself, he was the only one that reacted fast enough to attack Ichigo, who was on the upper captain level tier at that point. Had Sakakibe fought any of the main cast except Ichigo, he would probably win.
    If Ichigo was upper captain tier at that time, how come he had a hard time trying to defeat Byakuya, who was low-mid tier captain at the time?


    Yeah. Sasakibe's probably still weak despite him having bankai before Uki and Shun.

  4. #64
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Country
    Canada
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    31
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bleach 486 Discussion / 487 Predictions ~Check Playground for Bleach Fan League~

    This arc is definitely heavily influenced by the historic foundations of the German Reich under Adolf Hitler (as the Führer und Reichskanzler).

    But with a touch of Stalin.

  5. #65
    ~ Forum Fixer ~ 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Miyagi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Country
    Winterfell
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,152
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bleach 486 Discussion / 487 Predictions ~Check Playground for Bleach Fan League~

    The chapter also confirmed that Yamamoto is the first and only CC of Gotei 13 and Sasakibe has been his VC during this time, we had a discussion about it recently. The line about "capturing bankai" confused me a bit, what does "capture" mean in this context: "Take control of it and use as your own" or "Remove it out of play like a chess piece"? It's as if they lock it up in a medallion.

  6. #66
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SaitoSpike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Country
    Canada
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    971
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bleach 486 Discussion / 487 Predictions ~Check Playground for Bleach Fan League~

    how are people so eager to hate on a guy who's probably only younger than Yama-ji himself when we've never seen him fight, all because he got one punched by ichigo?, EVERYONE kept getting taken by surprise by Kurosaki Ichigo in the period of the rescue arc, why have weall suddenly forgotten this? if you can be satisfied with Ichigo being incredibly lucky in that arc than why couldnt have he gotten incredibly lucky against Sasakibe or even more so since we know the guy doesnt like to fight much, what if Sasakibe didnt try much? no? does that all seem far fetched?

    but its ok when Ikkaku doesnt use his power, cuz we already know he's tougher than that....there's no difference JUST because we didnt already know how tough Sasakibe really was...as a matter of fact what Ikkaku did in a time of extreme danger/war is far worse than if Sasakibe didnt try against random Ichigo trying to save one of their own....we act like Sasakibe was the only person who didnt really try against Ichigo during that time

    lets keep it real, Ichigo could have easily got one punched by Yama-ji, Shunsui, Ukitake, Gin, Aizen, Unohana had he run into any one of them even his bankai wouldnt have saved him from any of those ppl at the time....i mean really come on ppl, just because its no-screen-time-Sasakibe we suddenly dont believe its possible for him to have been a powerful character?

    there's no real fight or situation that any of you haters (playfully relax :P) can bring up to justify these assumptions of Sasakibe's weakness and the fact that we have precedence of a character refusing to use the power they have makes it sound even more like ridiculous hate and purely unwarranted hate

    there are many signs that can easily justify him being a very powerful shinigami,

    -for one like someone else mentioned the more senior shinigami tend to be more powerful that has been Kubo's style thus far,
    -for another thing, the explanation given about Bankai mastery points to the fact that you get better the more years you train with it, and he's REAL old, even if his bankai isnt say as powerful as the senior captains he would probably have more mastery of it which would significantly shorten any gap
    - being essentially 2nd in command to an absolute no-nonsense guy like Yamamotto Genryusai for sooo damn long MUST count for something, Does yama-ji look like the kind of guy who'd pick a weakling as his 2nd in command?
    - and with the crazy variety of zanpakuto techniques such as Shunsui's for example its been made quite clear that in Bleach overwhelming power isnt always gonna win, this is pretty much accurate unless you run into freaks like Ichigo or Kenpachi

    i'm sure im missing some stuff and i could go on but the point is, it seems imo the death of the 2nd in command isnt something to joke about just because we barely got to see the guy i mean hell we've barely seen Unohana unsheathe her zan and yet we all give HER the benefit of the doubt, we all believe she's incredibly powerful (and i def think she probably is) but there seems to be some sort of bias with sasakibe and there has been for a while, but i stand to the point that it doesnt make sense for Yama-ji of all ppl to have a weak 2nd, seems logical to me i dunno

    the fact that we see a funeral with Captains looking extremely sullen the respect they have for him, must be for something

    oh well from a reader's perspective i can agree its hard to feel like its a big loss since we never got a chance to know who he was, but to think its not a significant hit to the Gotei 13 in a WAR i disagree there for sure

    Only one thing stirs my emotion. Aku. Soku. Zan. For the sake of my justice alone!

  7. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 5 Member(s) likes this post
  8. #67
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity NAM61's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,663
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bleach 486 Discussion / 487 Predictions ~Check Playground for Bleach Fan League~

    looks like kisuke will be joining ichigo in hueco mundo. and ishida not going could set up him joiningg the other quincys and going against ichigo if his dad is with them.

  9. #68
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    107
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bleach 486 Discussion / 487 Predictions ~Check Playground for Bleach Fan League~

    HERE WE GO!!! THIS IS THE TIME WHEN ALL BANDWAGONERS UNITE AND START MAKING SASAKIBE SEEM GOD LIKE.

    First of all who said that sasakibe was stronger than kyorauku and ukitake, just because he had bankai before them does not mean anything and here we go I'll prove it. Ichigo has had a bankai for a far shorter time than all the captains, yet he is unquestionably stronger than many captains.

    Come on bandwagonners stop making baseless assumptions, I honestly see it as kubo just came up with this idea in a short instant because I remember how easily he got pawned by ichigo back in the soul society arc
    bleach has alot of bandwagonners, once a character is in the spotlight everybody likes him, and his fan point out fact that dont exist,but once the character is gone, no body stands up for the guy they just act like if they didnt like him, i will see what will happen to aizens fan in the future

  10. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
  11. #69
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity NAM61's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,663
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bleach 486 Discussion / 487 Predictions ~Check Playground for Bleach Fan League~

    in another board it was said that in the the souls datatbook in 2006 it said that sasakibe was captain level but he did not want to leave Lieutenant because of Yamamoto

  12. #70
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SaitoSpike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Country
    Canada
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    971
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bleach 486 Discussion / 487 Predictions ~Check Playground for Bleach Fan League~

    Quote Originally Posted by drzcoyotex3 View Post
    HERE WE GO!!! THIS IS THE TIME WHEN ALL BANDWAGONERS UNITE AND START MAKING SASAKIBE SEEM GOD LIKE.

    First of all who said that sasakibe was stronger than kyorauku and ukitake, just because he had bankai before them does not mean anything and here we go I'll prove it. Ichigo has had a bankai for a far shorter time than all the captains, yet he is unquestionably stronger than many captains.

    Come on bandwagonners stop making baseless assumptions, I honestly see it as kubo just came up with this idea in a short instant because I remember how easily he got pawned by ichigo back in the soul society arc
    well im gonna have to take that one personally since im the one who wrote the most about it...

    i gotta point out i already stated i've been defending sasakibe since chpater 365 as he was called weak and useless back then too, callin ppl out for baseless assumptions cuz what? you arent making baseless assumptions in assuming he IS weak lol....a lil confusing

    and i do still agree that there was never a reason to assume he's stronger than those ppl since all it said was he got his bankai first, but then to go on and use Ichigo as an example is absolutely ridiculous, Ichigo is the exception to every rule, if you are now finding that out in chapter 486 thats a whole other thing....its pretty much pointless to use him to prove anything....

    but i agree all bandwagonners who were hating on sasakibe before this cahpter thats weak lol

    Only one thing stirs my emotion. Aku. Soku. Zan. For the sake of my justice alone!

  13. #71
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Country
    Canada
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    31
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bleach 486 Discussion / 487 Predictions ~Check Playground for Bleach Fan League~

    There is nothing wrong with people joining this so called "bandwagon"; the observation that people often do and believe things because many other people do and believe the same things.

    In a more collective consciousness, this latest chapter only proved that Sasakibe was indeed a capable captain-class level shinigami. He was a very smart and skilled shinigami, whom in fact trained himself to summon his own Bankai before Ukitake and Kyorauku themselves. However, that conclusion is upon clause and effect. He could have easily surpassed the two if he decided on taking Captain leadership and urged for power. Rather, he stayed loyal as a VC, not training to surpass anyone.

    It's not a baseless assumption as you make it out to be drzcoyotex3. Given the recent events, people have the reason behind their assumptions.
    Take it from your perspective, you really are in no position to tell us otherwise if all you can do is compare the basis of power from Ichigo himself. Now that is a load of other context pertaining the story and the qualities portrayed.


    I would not refrain myself from assuming that Sasakibe himself was far more qualified than Ukitake and Kyorauku of past events. Using the term "stronger" may be a little superficial to some, but really, neither do you know whether Ukitake and Kyorauku were actually still stronger than Sasakibe when HE mastered his bankai.

    For what we know now, Sasakibe was surpassed by Ukitake and Kyorauku. Plain and simple.

  14. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
  15. #72
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    107
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bleach 486 Discussion / 487 Predictions ~Check Playground for Bleach Fan League~

    Quote Originally Posted by SaitoSpike View Post
    well im gonna have to take that one personally since im the one who wrote the most about it...

    i gotta point out i already stated i've been defending sasakibe since chpater 365 as he was called weak and useless back then too, callin ppl out for baseless assumptions cuz what? you arent making baseless assumptions in assuming he IS weak lol....a lil confusing

    and i do still agree that there was never a reason to assume he's stronger than those ppl since all it said was he got his bankai first, but then to go on and use Ichigo as an example is absolutely ridiculous, Ichigo is the exception to every rule, if you are now finding that out in chapter 486 thats a whole other thing....its pretty much pointless to use him to prove anything....

    but i agree all bandwagonners who were hating on sasakibe before this cahpter thats weak lol
    One thing I shall correct you in is that I never stated he was weak, Im just saying it is crazy for people to go and say that he is stronger than kyoraku and all this nonsense it always happen with bleach fans, when a comething is revealed about a character then all of a sudden he is a god like figure. Remember gin for example people liked him but never really mentioned him aizen was the man, yet as soon as gin turned on aizen and people saw how badass he was, they all wanted to act like they were fans. same thing here happening with sasakibe look at all the fans and most dont even know how to write his full name

    ---------- Post added at 08:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:22 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by ROGER View Post
    There is nothing wrong with people joining this so called "bandwagon"; the observation that people often do and believe things because many other people do and believe the same things.

    In a more collective consciousness, this latest chapter only proved that Sasakibe was indeed a capable captain-class level shinigami. He was a very smart and skilled shinigami, whom in fact trained himself to summon his own Bankai before Ukitake and Kyorauku themselves. However, that conclusion is upon clause and effect. He could have easily surpassed the two if he decided on taking Captain leadership and urged for power. Rather, he stayed loyal as a VC, not training to surpass anyone.

    It's not a baseless assumption as you make it out to be drzcoyotex3. Given the recent events, people have the reason behind their assumptions.
    Take it from your perspective, you really are in no position to tell us otherwise if all you can do is compare the basis of power from Ichigo himself. Now that is a load of other context pertaining the story and the qualities portrayed.


    I would not refrain myself from assuming that Sasakibe himself was far more qualified than Ukitake and Kyorauku of past events. Using the term "stronger" may be a little superficial to some, but really, neither do you know whether Ukitake and Kyorauku were actually still stronger than Sasakibe when HE mastered his bankai.

    For what we know now, Sasakibe was surpassed by Ukitake and Kyorauku. Plain and simple.
    Not baseless assumptions yet look at what you just finished saying " He could have easily surpassed the two if he decided on taking Captain leadership and urged for power. Rather, he stayed loyal as a VC, not training to surpass anyone. " Where was it stated that he could have easily surpassed the two you are assuming he could but do you have any proof ? And once again I repeat I dont think he is weak and for all I know maybe he did "surpass" those two but is not something that we can just go and saying without having any proof of it. do you get my point?
    bleach has alot of bandwagonners, once a character is in the spotlight everybody likes him, and his fan point out fact that dont exist,but once the character is gone, no body stands up for the guy they just act like if they didnt like him, i will see what will happen to aizens fan in the future

  16. #73
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity danzouismadara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    zero division
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,616
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bleach 486 Discussion / 487 Predictions ~Check Playground for Bleach Fan League~

    so bad guys are afraid of ichigo but can trash talk to yama-ji??????????????? wtf lol doesnt make sense.

    Im glad we can see kisuke fight. Def. kisuke has a connection to these bad guys hence why kubo is making him go with ichigo.

    and looks like its more than just a small evil organization, because it looks like a hidden civilization


    Can someone message me an anime that's similar to d grayman or claymore or deathnote?

    Ive seen Deathnote, deadman wonderland, fairytale, shigurui, ao no exorcist, beelzebub, samurai champloo, code geass, devil may cry, Hakuouki, monster, blood plus, gantz. Basically, something with demons and gore.

  17. #74
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ceasar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    942
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bleach 486 Discussion / 487 Predictions ~Check Playground for Bleach Fan League~

    Ha ha ha I am reading these comments and cannot help but notice these silly arguments sasabike who's name I just learned how to spell thanks to all these new comments was basically a throw away character. He has been used in all instances to make way for stronger characters or showcase their abilities this time however just happens to be the last hoorah so he got killed instead of off- paneled. If he was so loyal to Yama where was he when he was losing that arm. I would much rather have a fully capable Yama then a bankai user who refuses to use it. Why join the Gotei 13 if you live only to fight for one man.

  18. #75
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Country
    United States
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    9
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bleach 486 Discussion / 487 Predictions ~Check Playground for Bleach Fan League~

    i find it funny that everyones talking about sasakibe and no one has mentioned the fact that this chapter confirms that the new baddys are Quincy. (on the last page the flags that the soldiers are carrying have the quincy insignia on them)

  19. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts