Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma

View Poll Results: Rate the Chapter!

Voters
184. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 (Awful/Boring)

1 0.54%
  • 2 (Average)

0 0%
  • 3 (Good)

14 7.61%
  • 4 (Great!)

74 40.22%
  • 5 (Epic)

87 47.28%
  • 6 (Top Ten in One Piece)

8 4.35%
Thread Closed
Page 12 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece 662 Discussion

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member serendip's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 662 Discussion / 663 Prediction

Quote Originally Posted by Keeper of Jericho View Post
    Frankly I'm not sure I like this development at all. Law's a Shichibukai, fine, fine, but Smoker is supposed to be a Vice-Admiral. These guys alone were enough to stop a whole fleet of New World pirates from enterring the Marineford bay during the Whitebeard War. The New World captains couldn't even beat the Vice-Admirals. And now Law beats Smoker with almost no effort? I'm not saying Law can't be strong. He's a Shichi, he should be at least relatively strong (though Shichibukai power levels varry greatly, as we saw before the time scip). I guess I'm more dissapointed with Smoker. In two years he climbed to the second highest rank in the marines, signalling great growth in strength, but he still can't take Law? Wonder why the heck Law doesn't just march up to Akainu and take his heart, if he can bypass VA-level of Haki so easily. Likewise, if Luffy now ends up beating Law because of a superior Haki, that means Luffy's Haki > Smoker's Haki, indicating Luffy's stronger than a Vice-Admiral already. In which case I just wonder why he doesn't go punch Akainu in the face right now. Vice-Admirals aren't pushovers, and unless your name is Whitebeard they certainly aren't fodder.

I don't know, this chapter just left a bad taste in my mouth.
    I think I understand. Law just seems so super powerful in the last two chapters, it made him look invincible and that it makes Luffy's advancement shown after time skip seems so small, so does Smoker's rank advancement. I don't know how big it is Noah compared to G5 warship, but it just seems that Law would be able to expand his room and cut and destroy Noah so much quicker than Luffy's attacks. Lucky devil fruit too, I guess. And I am hoping Luffy has more up his sleeves than he has shown us so far, otherwise his and Law's fight will be so dull, if they end up fighting.

I was hoping that Luffy and Law were on equal ground in term of power, with Luffy was perhaps stronger in Haki. Meh, bad expectation I guess.
    This just makes Roger and Rayleigh such cool legends, they don't have DF, (I don't think Roger had, hearing voice of all things is not from DF)
    Just unabashed talent and pure Strength in Haki.

I wonder why the maskmen cared so much about not hurting the children while they were chasing after the escapees, if the children were just here for M to be part of his experimental subjects.

If it's really a break next week? damn....
    Last edited by serendip; March 28, 2012 at 01:18 PM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Barbados
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by beck26 View Post
    because its obviously not hawkins...

---------- Post added at 12:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:17 AM ----------

i agree. i said this 2 chapters ago...i think brooke will somehow be the antidote for law.LOL
    AHHH Bless you my child!!! Atleast someone thinks that Brooke VS law is possibility.

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

its because the samurai's motives were said already...."he wants to find his son"....of all the major characters in this story, lets dissect it and tell me if im not right concluding law and M are the bad guys...coz there should be an antagonist in every arc.
    reread one of the first posts I made in this thread
    Quote Quote:
    youre in state of denial bro,..all the major characters are in place in the arc and 4 of 5 groups got their motives revealed already....i doubt law would just be another protagonist in this arc...especially with the way he is portrayed in this arc.
    until today I would probably have agreed with you but this week chapter changed a lot of things. In particular concerning the hybrid experiments, it's doubtful now that Law and M are behind them.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Ratatosk's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Smoker is neither 'dried up' or a 'villain', if he had a humbling moment it was the war when Hancock broke his jutte, and he reacted to that by asking to be transferred to the most lawless Marine base in the New World. It's not like his life is in danger either unless Law destroys his heart (ask all the guys running around with no heads).

Not writing Tashigi off either; Smoker's got his reasons for hauling that idiot around with him. Every time Tashigi's had her ass handed to her after attacking people way out of her league (which always happens) she's always saved the crying for later and gone on to do something about the situation, so I can see that happening again.

What's really impressive about this arc is the New World actually living up to its reputation. I mean One Piece has been getting more chaotic from the start but this is like he turned the volume up or changed up about 3 gears or something. How many Shounen authors keep all that in reserve for half the story?

& wasn't Law made up randomly about 5 minutes before Oda finished a chapter? Talk about characters growing a life of their own...
    Last edited by Ratatosk; March 28, 2012 at 01:34 PM.

6. Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

i wont say M is hawkins...since hawkins is inclined to magic/voodoo and M seems to be inclined in science like law which is surgery-oriented.

i would just like to add that im assuming that the only supernovas that would get an arc with the strawhats is law, kidd and bonney.

drake x and hawkins might be in a mini-arc.....the rest would be just like appear from time to time or certain moments in other arcs.
    I have to completely disagree with you in regards to Drake X.

He seemed pretty important to me due to the fact that he is an Ex-Marine and because of whatever beef he has with Kaidou.

Mind you didn't Drake say something along the lines the WGov is up to something !?
    Kind of like Law just implied.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ruhina's Avatar
    Country
    Antarctica
    Post Thanks / Like

It appears as if every supernova has taken a level in badass. I can't wait to see what Kidd and Hawk can do with their powers now.

Banned 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by k-dom View Post
    reread one of the first posts I made in this thread

until today I would probably have agreed with you but this week chapter changed a lot of things. In particular concerning the hybrid experiments, it's doubtful now that Law and M are behind them.
    youre making me work bro....LOL...i dont have time to browse this whole thread for it...

again, out of the 5 groups (luffy and co., sanji and co, smoker, law and M, samurai)...who got the ability to do it?

fine. ok. ill give you the hybrid guys...but i think the kid abduction does it for me on concluding law is the antagonist of this arc....i doubt smoker is the antagonist, hell, all he wanted was to follow luffy.

---------- Post added at 02:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:30 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by WIzarDE View Post
    I have to completely disagree with you in regards to Drake X.

He seemed pretty important to me due to the fact that he is an Ex-Marine and because of whatever beef he has with Kaidou.

Mind you didn't Drake say something along the lines the WGov is up to something !?
    Kind of like Law just implied.
    oh hell yeah...my bad....youre right, drake might play in his own arc like law and kidd. ^_^b

---------- Post added at 02:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:32 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatosk View Post
    Smoker is neither 'dried up' or a 'villain', if he had a humbling moment it was the war when Hancock broke his jutte, and he reacted to that by asking to be transferred to the most lawless Marine base in the New World. It's not like his life is in danger either unless Law destroys his heart (ask all the guys running around with no heads).

What's really impressive about this arc is the New World actually living up to its reputation. I mean One Piece has been getting more chaotic from the start but this is like he turned the volume up or changed up about 3 gears or something. How many Shounen authors keep all that in reserve for half the story?

& wasn't Law made up randomly about 5 minutes before Oda finished a chapter? Talk about characters growing a life of their own...
    agreed. cosign. like i said....smoker just been put in this situation to show how strong luffy will face in law.

becoz luffy was seen to have struggled with smoker. it doesnt mean though that smoker is gone....nor he is dead, thats a pretty weak guess.

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Lizard + bat + other things. What is sure is that Vegapunk created it from the fusion of several animals so in that sense it is an hybrid.
    Ok, I agree about vegapunk dragons being an hybrid, but the reason standing that, is luffy and co surprise for meeting such a fairy tale creature. (Otherwise, as this is a fiction story you could image it is normal to have those beings around there). Now, even so, that doesnt solve the question about how centaurs or hydras are created. Dragon is a great hybrid because there was not sharp cuts on it; that is not the case with centaurs or sheep men: their skins and shape change abruptelly to become the part of another animal. And remember that Luffy and samurai' legs got joined only because they wanted to (the first one to samura's legs and the second to vp dragon) I think, as posted in previous threat, humans cutted by law can freely join to another creaturs.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Tonix's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm a little disappointed that Smoker's new jitte is tipped with sea stone. I was hoping that since this is apparently a Vegapunk related arc, Smoker would have a weapons that had been given a df and that Oda would gives us a little more explanation as to how that kind of thing works.

Either way, with Caribou and now Smoker being defeated, Oda is setting up a nice contrast with the first half of the story, where logias could run around largely unopposed because no one was even able to injure them.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Rosebullet Teacher's Avatar
    Obsessively checking the One Piece spoiler page
    Country
    South Africa
    Post Thanks / Like

The page were Smoker choke-slammed Law, the back of Laws hand doesn't have the target tattoo and he looks vulnerable. The next page the tattoos back & he's in Room mode after a kawarimi. I may be thinking too much about a picture mistake or maybe that attack temporarily broke the technique.

FuS
    Is Pandaman scared of the New World?

Word my boys independent hip-hop video check it out if thats your bag Illite MC - Trolling www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GaGXuQNvWU

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Banned 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

yo, guys...off topic...but since i saw people here saying law took luffy's heart (which is a pretty good theory...i find it interesting, because its creative thinking) here is a link i found you might find helpful....i had a good read.

http://narutoonepiecetheories.blogsp...algar-law.html

i would just like to add, that maybe if law can cut someone's head and still talk....maybe luffy can pump his heart when using gear second eventhough its in law's possesion....basically, luffy's heart still reacts eventhough its being preserved by law.

or maybe law just installed some "trigger" inside luffy's body that may disable him when its time for them to fight or something he could blackmail luffy with.

*** i just like conspiracy theories thats why im throwing my ideas...nonetheless, i like how creative minds like this...i always believed oda is like a Renaissance artist hiding "easter eggs" in his paintings....the dude is a genius..thats why i like coming up with my own theories about one piece like....patterns, parallelisms, etc.

(and this guy who writes the theories got really good ideas...i like his theories and who knows he might be right *i think some of his theories are right*...especially with his blackbeard theory and conqueror haki's theory.)
    Last edited by beck26; March 28, 2012 at 02:00 PM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I think that Smoker is still alive.

1. The independent parts of the other people Law cuts remain alive and seem to have some connection, for example, the samurai who can still feel his limbs fighting Brook and Luffy. Furthermore, the section that Law removes does not seem to matter with regard to the rest of the body, because the marines' whose heads are removed from their torsos don't seem to have brain dead midriffs or oxygen deprived brains. Thus, Smoker's heart is probably still beating, and through its function Smoker is still alive. Law seems to have enclosed this heart inside of some sort of cube, meant for preservation, as opposed to simply crushing it if he had hoped to kill Smoker.

2. My second thought is that if his heart remains fundamentally connected to the main body, then perhaps Smoker can still exert his logia powers over the separated sections and simply transform his heart back into smoke and reconfigure himself. My example for this is Aokiji who, after being shattered in the battle against Whitebeard, reconstitutes himself from the ice shards. In general, I'm also reticent to believe a logia can die so easily because Enel, whose heart stopped, was able to restart it through his Logia powers.

3. I posit that if Smoker is currently incapacitated by Law, he still has the ability to free himself through the above method. Perhaps he won't revive himself immediately in the next chapter, so that he can later reconstitute himself to secretly investigate Punk Hazard without Law's knowledge.

just some thoughts.
    Last edited by jairdan6; March 28, 2012 at 02:37 PM.
    "Yes Madam, I am [drunk]. But in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly."

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

youre making me work bro....LOL...i dont have time to browse this whole thread for it...
    again, out of the 5 groups (luffy and co., sanji and co, smoker, law and M, samurai)...who got the ability to do it?
    Quote Originally Posted by ukimix View Post
    I think, as posted in previous threat, humans cutted by law can freely join to another creaturs.
    beck you know that there is a search function that works with username for lazy people...
    Anyway since it also helps for ukimix, I will repost
    This arc is really questioning the Good-Bad debate. We have it here since Law appearance and the last pages of the chapter really make us question some more.
    The motivation of Law behind that doesn't seem that unmoral anymore if it for fight a greater wrong.
    Also based on the Vegapunk dragon the harpy is talking about, it could be that neither Law nor M are behind the hybrid creatures. That would explain why the hybrids are on M side since he seems to hate Vegapunk.
    It could be that their is no real villain to defeat this time...
    To be more precise on ukimix answer, it is normal for the centaurs to have a separation since the animal and human skin are clearly different. Law assemblages have always been shown very messy contrary to the hybrids who are very clean and functional. If the dragon was made by Vegapunk then he could have done hybridation experiment on humans too
    Last edited by k-dom; March 28, 2012 at 02:25 PM.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Based on the next chapter's interaction between Luffy and Law, I think we'll see closer on where who and who stands in terms of relationship with the Straw-Hat crew. Personally, I kind of just want to see Luffy just take on Law and pound his face in. Just my opinion.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll just pretend that Smoker was being held back by his subordinates. He can't unleash his true power while saving his subordinates's ass.

Thread Closed
Page 12 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast