Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: Rate the Chapter!

Voters
184. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 (Awful/Boring)

1 0.54%
  • 2 (Average)

0 0%
  • 3 (Good)

14 7.61%
  • 4 (Great!)

74 40.22%
  • 5 (Epic)

87 47.28%
  • 6 (Top Ten in One Piece)

8 4.35%
Thread Closed
Page 13 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece 662 Discussion

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member exacta's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 662 Discussion / 663 Prediction

Law is overpowered, no doubt about it. His ability is one of my favorites yet in One Piece. I've been waiting forever for a fight like this to happen....what an epic chapter.

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Geez's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebullet Teacher View Post
    The page were Smoker choke-slammed Law, the back of Laws hand doesn't have the target tattoo and he looks vulnerable. The next page the tattoos back & he's in Room mode after a kawarimi. I may be thinking too much about a picture mistake or maybe that attack temporarily broke the technique.
    I like the way you're thinking but i researched old chapters and i think it's a dead-end :/
    In this chapter, even though he's not fighting anyone, his tattoo is there. Just a picture mistake then !

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Page356's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Another good chapter! All apologies if I repeat what anyone else has said but:

First theory, Law did switch the hearts last week. This week's chapter pretty much proves it. You switch the heart, then you switch the mind/will/control; therefore, if you take the heart out, then the body has no mind/will/control/whatever y'all get the idea. So for instance if you were to cut a pirate in half, and replace his lower half with say, a crocodile, then the part with the heart would control the new hybrid. Also I guess the frozen pirates are missing their hearts.

Next, with the way Law keeps acting I think it's safe to say he's being coerced into doing all of this. Someone has his crew or something and he holds a personal disdain for the marines and WG because they "scheme" and "use traps" and etc.

As for the bounties, I agree with everyone who said some of the SHs have gotten bigger bounties.

Prediction: Luffy is happy to see Law. Law will be like, "damnit, now I gotta kill you too. Don't wanna, but gotta do it" . He's gonna attack Luffy who's oblivious to everything and Zoro is gonna have to block the attack. Then Zoro will prolly have to fend Law off while Luffy finds M or whoever is behind everything and put an end to it so Law can get his crew back. Somewhere in there Smoker gets his heart back and hates the WG but vows to change it from the inside. Don't really see Zoro getting a new sword this arc, but if he did it would probably be Law's. I like the idea of Zoro keeping his cursed sword though...

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Nauthyz's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

I also think Smoker won't die ( it just didn't give me this impression ) but i'm not sure if i understood well what "mes" did to him:
    - did it went through and through Smoker's body extracting his heart in the process and leaving a hole in his body (like a hollow but with a square) , that's the impression i got. But if that's the case even if law put his heart back later he'll still have two big hole in the chest and in his back , i know this is a manga but still that would be two big wounds.
    - or did it just extracted the heart and left a cube hole in his body in this case the square shape on page 18 would be just a visual effect of the attack.
    What did you understand?

Concerning Mone i like her too but what i don't like about harpies is that they have wings instead of arms i prefer when flying creatures have both , but i still like her i'll be glad if she ends up joining i couldn't be against more girls in the crew ^^.

@5StepsAhead
    And about Brook count me in too even if i think it's very unlikely he fight Law i think he would be a good match up too.
    Last edited by Nauthyz; March 28, 2012 at 03:35 PM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member UnknownMugiwara's Avatar
    Country
    Denmark
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nauthyz View Post
    I also think Smoker won't die ( it just didn't give me this impression ) but i'm not sure if i understood well what "mes" did to him:
    - did it went through and through Smoker's body extracting his heart in the process and leaving a hole in his body (like a hollow but with a square) , that's the impression i got. But if that's the case even if law put his heart back later he'll still have two big hole in the chest and in his back , i know this is a manga but still that would be two big wounds.
    The wounds won't hurt Smoker in anyway since he was cut in Law's Room, judging from what we've seen with the Samurai and everybody else.

---------- Post added at 10:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:35 PM ----------

Also, anybody notice the difference between the SH's and Smokey's hearts?
    Brook wanted: DEAD OR ALIVE!
    Yohohohohohohoho! Marine Joke!

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member bekromancer's Avatar
    Country
    Greece
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by k-dom View Post
    Lizard + bat + other things. What is sure is that Vegapunk created it from the fusion of several animals so in that sense it is an hybrid.

snake+lion+goat=chimaira slained by belerophont who was riding pegasus the flying horse...got overexited and said it all :P

I have a theory btw i think law is just stoping your body not killing you with the MES ability...your body just lies there until you put the heart back again...that will explain the frozen bodies of the 100 pirates law defeated, maybe??

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Nauthyz's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

I know that but then where are the parts which are in front and behind the heart? I mean since i got the impression the hole goes from his chest to his back where are the other part of his body?

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it is just because Smoker was in logia form, so it was like they cut clouds in skypiea

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by UnknownMugiwara View Post
    Also, anybody notice the difference between the SH's and Smokey's hearts?
    What he did to SH and what he did to Smoker are obviously not the same things. So far Oda has been anatomically correct. Hearts don't look like this - <3
    The heart shapes seem to be a physical appearance of people's personas.

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Akaii's Avatar
    Country
    Maldives
    Post Thanks / Like

interesting chapter after reading the chapter for a 2nd time seeing Master M remind me of hawkins df plus brownbeard is there so there might me something to it? and I have a feeling chopper is going to play a major role in this arc.the law smoker fight is neat! havent seen a good op battle in a while wonder what will happen next week luffy seems pleased to see law lol

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Page356's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

About M being Hawkins....Hawkins was a voodoo scarecrow person, am I correct? M is definitely some part gas based because flammable straw shit doesn't go into flasks. Right?

Though I guess I won't hate too much since Brownbeard is there afterall.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Akaii View Post
    interesting chapter after reading the chapter for a 2nd time seeing Master M remind me of hawkins df plus brownbeard is there so there might me something to it? and I have a feeling chopper is going to play a major role in this arc.the law smoker fight is neat! havent seen a good op battle in a while wonder what will happen next week luffy seems pleased to see law lol
    the hawkins theory that has been going in this thread actually sounds reasonable if not for the fact that as far as i can tell the M character/personality has nothing in comming with the death statistic type of guy hawkins was displayed as 150 chapters ago, also M is in a knd of gasform while Hawkins was Straw I think.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Kokuryuu's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

I have noticed that Oda has skipped Amazon Lily's arc characters for the cover stories (arc that happens before Impel Down). That's not nice, man

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmmm about M being Hawkins, I don't think so, their characters seems to be different... The guy didn't even freak out when Kizaru is in front of him, and yet this M, just from this lost his cool.

I think that he's somehow related to Vegapunk's experience and not a DF user IMO.

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Kanarya's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

"Weaklings can´t pick their way of death."

Perhaps this sentence is a hint of Law´s reason to save Luffy.

He acknowledged Luffy´s strength and his strong will after their encounter on Sabaody back then, so he couldn´t take letting such a man die while he was unconscious, being chased by a ruthless admiral.

Just like Roger, Luffy should decide on his own, when the time for him to die has come.

18. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 8 Member(s) likes this post
Thread Closed
Page 13 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast