Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)

View Poll Results: Rate the Chapter!

Voters
184. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 (Awful/Boring)

1 0.54%
  • 2 (Average)

0 0%
  • 3 (Good)

14 7.61%
  • 4 (Great!)

74 40.22%
  • 5 (Epic)

87 47.28%
  • 6 (Top Ten in One Piece)

8 4.35%
Thread Closed
Page 21 of 33 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece 662 Discussion

Banned 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 662 Discussion / 663 Prediction [Break Next Week]

Quote Originally Posted by mattiaildivino View Post
    I noticed that as well,when I saw law's jolly roger,but volume 52 changed my mind,with doflamingo's speech towards Disco about leaving the auction. Furthermore,Law doesn't seem the kind of guy who is under someone else,and his crew confirms that,imo. why should law have saved luffy 2 years ago if he were under doflamingo? but to be honest,I thought it was Law the man in the WG above Sengoku who ordered Doflamingo to kill moria
    well i cant be too sure myself...its just a real wild guess because i cant point a finger into it but there's something reminds of doflamingo on how law acts.

and if my guess is right that law will escape the island and challenge luffy to reclaim smoker's heart back in his turf....ill go on a limb and predict one more crazy stuff:

the place where law wanted luffy to go is to doflamingo's lair (if my guess is right that law is doflamingo's right hand) so for the guys who wish for zoro vs law...its a better scenario imo.

luffy vs doflamingo....zoro vs law....M vs brook???+ other subordinates divided to tashigi, ussop and robin ...(sanji, chopper, franky and nami got their personalities swapped and smoker got no heart)

*** i thought the one who ordered moriah's death are the gorousei dude...(im just assuming too though)

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't see doflamingo involved in this arc,and less in these fights. Zoro shouldn't fight law,since he has nothing to do with the other one,and since lufy is in debt to law,and that law has just defeat the VA smoker,if they fight,it will be luffy his opponent

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 662 Discussion / 663 Prediction

Quote Originally Posted by k-dom View Post
    No enemy appeared in this set of miniadventures so far.
    And the Mugi Waras were, I presume, friends with... say... CP9? Baroque Works? Enel? Morgan (he got a cover story too afair)?

Quote Originally Posted by beck26 View Post
    luffy never killed anyone dude....
    Are you really that oblivious? Luffy NEVER killed anyone? Really? Just because he did not murder anyone "in front of our eyes" (so to say) does, to you, mean he never, ever in the whole of his voyage caused anyone's death?
    Wow. I'd say, he has had his hand in the death of many people. Mainly marines/jailers. Footsoldiers. You know... those, who in the great majority ARE the good guys. Who do the day-to-day job of protecting people. Remember Hannyabal's speach during his fight with Luffy in Impel Down? That is exactly what most marines do. Not the scheming higher echelons (like our good old Aokiji who without any concern to civilian life gave buster call power to CP9 - and they DID threaten to use in whole Water 7 city basically).
    It's so easy not to see the whole picture, isn't it? "Luffy is all smiley and sparkly so let's not think about what he does to people that happen to be in his way."

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member GomuGomu_Getsuga's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

@Szaman: Your right, Luffy is no hero. I'm sure in reality Luffy has been the cause of many deaths but it was only because he was challenged. Remember what Zoro told the pirtates that were trying to go to Fishman Island after he cut their ship. They should blame fate.

I'm glad to see Law own Smoker. That dude is old and cocky. I almost forgot the "feel" of One Piece fights. Oda doesn't hold back punches to save face for "cool" characters. If Luffy doesn't punch Law's face in now he will do it later. Unless someone stronger shows them self.

I don't really see Law being on par with Luffy. I see Luffy being more around Admiral level. What if Law switches Luffy's heart with Smokers?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Blue Lotus's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Although I expected Smoker to come out on top in this fight, this chapter was fantastic. Law's powers seem to get more complex and unfair with each move he makes. Unfortunately, it sort of makes him less likeable and empathetic as a character. I still have to acknowledge that he won legitimately though because it seems like Smoker doesn't know, or at least isn't proficient with the Color of Observation, which was something I thought he'd be skilled at after the time skip. If he was, then he would've been able to defend against Law's final attack even without being able to see it from behind the rock. I guess that means mastering both forms of Haki is more difficult than I thought, which is ultimately a good thing.

The Character designs in this arc are just too cool. The way M's face seems to change in every panel is awesome; it makes him seem more gaseous and sinister (like a turd or refried beans haha). And I love the blend of Mone's bird and human body parts. She even has a tail! And are those PJs she's wearing? Hopefully Luffy runs into her so he can invite her to join the crew lol. Waiting for the next chapter is gonna be a pain in the ass.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Poneglyph420's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Szaman View Post
    Are you really that oblivious? Luffy NEVER killed anyone? Really? Just because he did not murder anyone "in front of our eyes" (so to say) does, to you, mean he never, ever in the whole of his voyage caused anyone's death?
    Wow. I'd say, he has had his hand in the death of many people. Mainly marines/jailers. Footsoldiers. You know... those, who in the great majority ARE the good guys. Who do the day-to-day job of protecting people. Remember Hannyabal's speach during his fight with Luffy in Impel Down? That is exactly what most marines do. Not the scheming higher echelons (like our good old Aokiji who without any concern to civilian life gave buster call power to CP9 - and they DID threaten to use in whole Water 7 city basically).
    It's so easy not to see the whole picture, isn't it? "Luffy is all smiley and sparkly so let's not think about what he does to people that happen to be in his way."
    I'm that oblivious. Luffy Never killed anyone. Simple as that. However we do agree that Luffy isn't an innocent or heroic character, killing involves intent.. And with the exception of maybe BB( who wasn't killed sadly), such intent hasn't been evident. But IMHO the lack of clear "lines" of good and evil is one of the things that makes OP so very interesting. Also with the SH entering the NW it sure seems like the stakes have been raised.. So I wonder if Luffy will be able to continue with his naive ways.. There must be some point where the SH meet enemies too dangerous to be kept alive....

Szaman, Thank you... You have raised a very interesting issue.. Especially at this juncture.

It's on. Like Donkey Kong

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

And the Mugi Waras were, I presume, friends with... say... CP9? Baroque Works? Enel? Morgan (he got a cover story too afair)?
    That is exactly my point. None of those were displayed in this set of cover.

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

you read one piece??? luffy believes that "beating a guy is to destroy his dream...thats how a pirate fight"....thats oda's response why LUFFY NEVER KILLED ANYONE IN THE SERIES...if luffy killed anyone, oda would probably say "youre wrong, he is a pirate, he killed people."

and youre thinking way too much...you even mentioned the random jailers and marines...LOL...its obvious im talking about the major, cannon characters in the manga...wow, youre trying to be technical...youre talking like an ambassador for good will taking shounen manga so seriously...where random CHARACTER ALWAYS die. they dont even matter and wow...youre giving sympathy to them LMAO

jesus christ....think first before you call someone oblivious..you got an egg on your face.
    Last edited by beck26; March 31, 2012 at 07:46 PM.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Moderator message by: Uriel
    Please, keep on topic.Me not posting doesn't mean I don't read. Means only that I'm not interested into discussing.So behave, I'm watching you. A little. As always
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

"beating a guy is to destroy his dream...thats how a pirate fight"
    I agree with Mr. Beck, Luffy never killed anyone, Oda even said so.

Quote Originally Posted by Poneglyph420 View Post
    So I wonder if Luffy will be able to continue with his naive ways.. There must be some point where the SH meet enemies too dangerous to be kept alive....
    This is what the 2 years are for. To get stronger than everybody else so that they can protect those who are precious to them and defeat all of their enemies without killing them.

RED HAWK!

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

see, in a shounen manga...which is basically a fantasy story, you dont really consider the fodder random characters...smh...taking it so seriously eh?

and yeah...as vegetarian wolf said, luffy's principle is to destroy his opponents dream so they would have to start over again...some guys cant accept when i give an explanation like "luffy is a simpleton" but thats just his character is made out to be....the buying public bought his personality like that so naturally, the mangaka will make it that way until the end of the series.

luffy volunteers to help anyone whenever he feels like it. whether its a marine, pirate or anyone.
    he doesnt believe in killing an opponent.
    he thinks that a pirates life is to be free and not the other typical pirates that want to gather all the gold and treasures.
    he invites anyone interesting to him.
    he thinks meat gives him energy.

if youre reading one piece you dont really need to make a big deal if i said that "luffy doesnt kill anyone" becoz if we follow the story. he really never killed anyone...if you wanna get technical, he never killed any arc characters in one piece world.

*** now sorry for the off topic...but regarding to the story, i would say (i assume) that law would flee the island and the strawhats would get sidetracked for a bit to help the kids and the samurai before their real fight with law and M (and i predict, doflamingo)

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

which of luffy's crew were hurt by law?

law could have chopped them up but did not, instead he switched personality/heart soul or whatever.. and i would say he did so, so they wont leave the island..

but now that sanji nami chopper and franky have those kids.. i dont think they'd give them back easily.. thats why i see a fight with strawhats and M instead.. if sh defeats M.. i can see law saying this island is of no use to me now.. do what you want with those kids.. and because luffy owes law 1.. he'd have to let him go... the same for smoker letting luffy go in alabasta.. that will make luffy and law even.. next time they meet well who knows??
    Anyone wants to see Law vs Buggy?

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity matzik1212's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmm even though Luffy is a good guy it doesn't mean he'll let Law alone if he doesn't change the other 4 SH's back to normal . I can already see Luffy's face that is always smiling goofy suddenly turning serious . He's the type that will pass by a known enemy without a worry if the other doesn't make a 1st step towards pissing him off.

Don't know but i personally think that even if for now Luffy seems the same as always , with his childish and baka ways it doesn't actually mean he didn't thought very seriously about the future that awaits the whole crew 'cause of his past doings. He knows best that now they aren't just a small crew but an important figure in the OP world and that the strongest marines and pirates are after them. So now i think he won't let it slide if someone hurts his nakama . After all we know that they are the only ones left for him to care about since both Sabo and Ace are gone.

In conclusion i think we'll see a clash between Law and Luffy sooner or later in this arc . But that won't be 'cause Luffy will wanna help Smoker ., I mean i don't see why , after all the guy tried to stop him at the war at MF and he's a marine and a VA on top of that ...

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by stalin View Post
    which of luffy's crew were hurt by law?

law could have chopped them up but did not, instead he switched personality/heart soul or whatever.. and i would say he did so, so they wont leave the island..

but now that sanji nami chopper and franky have those kids.. i dont think they'd give them back easily.. thats why i see a fight with strawhats and M instead.. if sh defeats M.. i can see law saying this island is of no use to me now.. do what you want with those kids.. and because luffy owes law 1.. he'd have to let him go... the same for smoker letting luffy go in alabasta.. that will make luffy and law even.. next time they meet well who knows??

the things is....M and law are clearly partners...and law is the one who personally tried to drive away the marines...its that important to him, to hide punk hazard's secret....i dont think law will settle for anything less like a diplomatic agreement.

if you dont want to accept "hurt"...then yes, law "messed" up his....which in turn, will still irritate luffy.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

well i cant be too sure myself...its just a real wild guess because i cant point a finger into it but there's something reminds of doflamingo on how law acts.
    Yes, i pointed that out as well. At least the smiley seems to be a symbol of the "new era philosophy" that both are sharing.

Quote Quote:
    other subordinates divided to tashigi, ussop and robin ...(sanji, chopper, franky and nami got their personalities swapped and smoker got no heart)
    Speaking of subordinates, Law has four named crewmembers: Bepo and Jean Bart and Shachi (which means Orca) and Penguin (Both were only named in an FPS). Shachi was not able to withstand Rayleighs Haiki in the Auction house, so he's probably kinda weak and could be the enemy for one of the bodyswapped.

Quote Quote:
    *** i thought the one who ordered moriah's death are the gorousei dude...(im just assuming too though)
    But that wouldn't make much sense, because the gorousei are looking for stability. Morias defeat at the hands of Luffy was kept a secret, so the publich doesn't know that Moria is weak.
    Rather, i think it was some tenryubito or an higher ranking civil servant that wanted an open spot in the tenryubito in order to place a pirate loyal to him as a shishibukai.

I mean, Jinbeis was supposed to calm down in Impel Down and Blackbeards betrayal was a surprise, so no one could know there would be two open positions already.

18. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
Thread Closed
Page 21 of 33 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 ... LastLast