Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo

View Poll Results: Rate the Chapter!

Voters
184. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 (Awful/Boring)

1 0.54%
  • 2 (Average)

0 0%
  • 3 (Good)

14 7.61%
  • 4 (Great!)

74 40.22%
  • 5 (Epic)

87 47.28%
  • 6 (Top Ten in One Piece)

8 4.35%
Thread Closed
Page 9 of 33 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece 662 Discussion

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Kyodai Senkan Mora's Avatar
    Country
    Kenya
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 662 Discussion / 663 Prediction

Quote Originally Posted by toussaintac View Post
    If Kubo could have Akainu kill Akoiji over the timeskip to show how things have changed and creat a whole new dynamic, I don't see why he couldn't do that same with Smoker and Law.
    U seem to be making this mistake genuinely so just a note Oda writes one piece Kubo, I believe writes some manga about shinigami. also Aokiji: still very much alive so please review your arguments and straighten out your facts
    "Unless I grip the sword, I can not protect you. While gripping the sword I can not embrace you." -Tite Kubo

Banned 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

im sorry...but i cant understand some guys really....

1. guys who would jump to the conclusion that "smoker is dead" are the same guys who say "no, smoker wont be a strawhat because he is luffy's garp"...if the dude is such an important character in your eyes why would for a second you will think he will be killed??? Oda killed only 2 main characters in the story for almost 2 decades of one piece and thats just because so the story can move forward.

2. smfh and LMFAO at the same time at guys who are still in denial...."law is a good guy becoz he saved luffy and i think he got some good reason for what he is doing right now"....wtf...law is clearly the bad guy in this arc (not saying law is evil but he is the villain in this arc)

3. law-smoker was prolly shown to: 1. show how strong luffy's enemy would be......2. another chance for smoker to be saved from death by strawhats.

4. it will be luffy-smoker team up vs law and M...im saying this long ago and nobody's listening...smfh

5. ok. laugh at me for this, but i can really see that smoker and tashigi will sooner or later join the strawhat crew.

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Dalyup!'s Avatar
    Country
    Scotland
    Post Thanks / Like

It's interesting that in chapter 660 Law remarked rather snidely that "forging emergency signals is a speciality of [the] marines" and in this chapter he retorts to Smoker "What are you marines scheming?". I would hedge a bet that Law and his crew got captured, and the only Law would be allowed to save their lives is if he did nefarious deeds for some shadowy government/marine figures. It would run with the marines being given "unforeseen power" too ( said in chapter 650). I just can't imagine (all) his crew would've been killed considering how unique some of them are and he had a damn cool submarine.

Anyway, great chapter, although somewhat annoying that it ended on a cliffhanger and next week's break is like a double cliffhanger.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Rosebullet Teacher's Avatar
    Obsessively checking the One Piece spoiler page
    Country
    South Africa
    Post Thanks / Like

Smokers style was so brute here, just running straight in. The feints were nice till it started to look like his only move and smoke gatling? Okaaaay, has he missed Luffy that much?

This is the third Shichibukai who has gotten the best of him and shouldn't he have his reflex logia activation down by now & just left Law with a box of smoke? Crocodile dealt with Doflamingos decapitation attempt, I know he wasn't in Laws Room but I feel the situations are relatable, if you depend on your logia in the New World you can't still sweat reflex transforming.

FuS
    Is Pandaman scared of the New World?

Word my boys independent hip-hop video check it out if thats your bag Illite MC - Trolling www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GaGXuQNvWU

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by k-dom View Post
    I forgot to read this part. A dragon is an hybrid creature. I think Vegapunk improved his skills, first the stupid chimera of impel down, second a realistic dragon and third hybrid with human beings.
    Centaurs = human + horse
    masked men = human + sheep
    chimera = lion + human (as far as i remember)
    Dragon = ? + ?

Why do u say vegapunk dragon is an hybrid?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

somebody already mentioned im sure but.. M looks like Hawkins DF transformation..

I dont think smoker's gonna die here.. I think its also clear now to all the people claiming LAW got luffy's heart..
    we saw what happened to Smoker when Law took his heart..

Luffy seems happy to see LAW.. (maybe to thank him)
    Law's crew could be undergoing an operation which will improve their abilities..

Im still not convinced LAW is a bad guy.. he's just a pirate..

Law did try to avoid a fight with smoker.. smoker as a marine did his duties..

it will be interesting to see what will happen nxt chapter..

I predict that as usual luffy will be surprised to see smoker.. but will be even more shocked to see him on the floor..
    Anyone wants to see Law vs Buggy?

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AmyRiddle View Post
    First: Im happy that the whole "Law took Luffys heart" shit is OVER now. Anyone who still says it, hasnt payed enough attention.
    There is a HOLE in Smokers chest, last time i checked, Luffy has no extra hole in his body.
    Second: Holy shit, Law is one badass mofo. Loved the Ninja-style-technic of switching with a woodblock XD

Now the real question are:
    - Will Smoker die? Did he die already or did he just faint? Why would he faint? People who have their freaking head cut from their body are still talking, so why does removing a heart make you faint? Maybe its shock, that would be a possibility.

youre not even supposed to ask if smoker is dead...christ...

- Is Law evil? Does he have a good reason for all this?
    law will never do any wrong...he only abducts child, he hides his island for some fishy experiments, he sent 100 hearts to the government and he will kill without hesitation... :/

- Will Luffy kick his ass for Smoker? I say no, why the hell would he. Luffy is not best buddys with Smoker at all, Smoker is the one with the obsession about Luffy, not the other way around. Why would Luffy wanna help a Marine that is just gonna try to capture his ass? Maybe he will help, because he is who he is and if he sees someone lay on the ground half dead, he aint gonna look the other way.

yeah...i agree luffy will not help a marine who is trying to capture him, just like when he told zoro to save smoker back when he was drowning in rainbase...yes, luffy likes seeing dead people..

- Why do people think Zoro would go berserk over Tashigi? Yeah, she looks like Kuina alright, she is still an enemy.

yes, zoro doesnt care if a woman gets treated like that...like when gone berserk when nico robin was fried by enel

- What happened to the body-switched half of the strawhats? I really missed them this chapter.
    waiting for the next chapter is a great idea.

very good questions.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner AluminumTough's Avatar
    Country
    Sikkim
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kyodai Senkan Mora View Post
    It is crystal clear that Law has COO haki..he can even sense the energy from Kairouseki...It is also very clear that he has COA haki shown by his taking out smoker's heart and negating Tashigi's haki with his own stronger haki....Smoker is a logia user. I do not think Law could take out his heart without Haki regardless of whether or not they are in Law's room...Blackbeard said it way back when....his fruit, the yami yami no mi is the only one known to negate DF abilities
    It is not clear...on the page he senses the "unpleasant energy" Law has made a small room around smokers hand, Smoker then proceeds to stab that small room with the sea stone, from my understanding he sensed it because his attack was thwarted which can only happen from a sea stone. It is might be because his energy can be sapped by the sea stone through the rooms that he creates even if they are not directly connected to him. However, after reading the chapter again he probably has observation. Smoker seemed to increase his speed quite a bit, but I don't care for Haki arguments they are all just speculation. I'll stick to the facts Smoker stabbed a room created by Law with the sea stone and then he felt an unpleasant energy; which from speculation could be from Haki or like I said from the sea stone negating laws power.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Rody naruto's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Something tells that Smoker has come to his end.I thought about it while looking at the bottom of this page as Tashigi reminding herself about what Smoker told her about pirates.Since Tashigi could play an important role in Zoro's story development and seeing how weak she still is now,something bad or meaningful needs to happen to someone she is close to in order to give her the will to get stronger.And i fear that it could means Smoker's death.
    "Fear is only an idea success is an awareness"
    Check out my DeviantART

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by beck26 View Post

1. guys who would jump to the conclusion that "smoker is dead" are the same guys who say "no, smoker wont be a strawhat because he is luffy's garp"...if the dude is such an important character in your eyes why would for a second you will think he will be killed??? Oda killed only 2 main characters in the story for almost 2 decades of one piece and thats just because so the story can move forward.

2. smfh and LMFAO at the same time at guys who are still in denial...."law is a good guy becoz he saved luffy and i think he got some good reason for what he is doing right now"....wtf...law is clearly the bad guy in this arc (not saying law is evil but he is the villain in this arc)

3. law-smoker was prolly shown to: 1. show how strong luffy's enemy would be......2. another chance for smoker to be saved from death by strawhats.

4. it will be luffy-smoker team up vs law and M...im saying this long ago and nobody's listening...smfh

5. ok. laugh at me for this, but i can really see that smoker and tashigi will sooner or later join the strawhat crew.
    you're the one that is in denial..

law was minding his own business when strawhats and marines got sucked in to all this.. in your eyes anyone would have been the bad guy there even if you put shank in law's shoes.
    Anyone wants to see Law vs Buggy?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

I love the Minochihuahua xD

Poor Tashigi :/ She constantly gets her ass kicked. ...attacking Law was pretty stupid though -.-

Is Law a ninja? o.o Or maybe Oda is making a Naruto tribute xD

The Harpy has one of the best character designs I ever saw. Mone for Nakama!

I still don't know how the 'Mes' technique works, did Law switch his hand with that rock? Did he shoot that little room cube into Smoker chest? It looks like something he could do from the very beginning :/ Smoker wasn't immobilised. Also, he didn't really need to 'solidify' to destroy that rock. It looks like simple mistake on Smoker's part :/

Edit: I forgot about Law's remark 'What you Marines are scheming?' Could it be possible that what he's doing on the island is a counter-measure to some World Government plan? o.o
    Last edited by natli; March 28, 2012 at 11:27 AM.

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RezzieThaRapper View Post
    I said this already... It seems no one on the forum cares but us two... lol
    because its obviously not hawkins...

---------- Post added at 12:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:17 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by 5StepsAhead View Post
    I predict that the only person who can beat Law is Brook

1. Law can take away his heart, Brooke has no heart hohohoho
    2.You can switch out his soul but because of his ability he can make his soul re enter his body
    3. Even if he is cut to pieces he can rebuild himself using his ability, as seen in the FI arc

I think this would give Brooke a chance to really shine, something that he hasn't really done since he joined (and no that one sided fight in the FI arc doesn't count), and it would be a good break away from the norm where everyone depends on Luffy once a OP enemy appears.
    Although it would be nice to see if Luffy's haki is powerful enough to negate Law's DF power I would prefer Brooke.

i agree. i said this 2 chapters ago...i think brooke will somehow be the antidote for law.LOL

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 5StepsAhead View Post
    And why can't he beat Law?? It's been said that you don't know how Df powers will match up and I think Brooke has the perfect counter to Law's DF, in theory that is........
    cause missing haki

Quote Originally Posted by natli View Post
    I love the Minochihuahua xD

Poor Tashigi :/ She constantly gets her ass kicked. ...attacking Law was pretty stupid though -.-
    The opposite here, I don't like her naive character so I was quite happy when someone told her the truth once again.

I still don't know how the 'Mes' technique works, did Law switch his hand with that rock? Did he shoot that little room cube into Smoker chest? It looks like something he could do from the very beginning :/ Smoker wasn't immobilised. Also, he didn't really need to 'solidify' to destroy that rock. It looks like simple mistake on Smoker's part :/
    Law moved the stone to block Smoker's view expecting Smoker to attack directly without foreseeing Law kneeling to attack behind the rock. Then it seems he just pushed a cubic out of Smoker's body.

Quote Originally Posted by beck26 View Post

With 2 and 3 you're implying 4 is the only option which is not true.
    Although I am not taking any sides since I can't decide on a theory due to the number of possibilities, I say he's definitely not the evil character even pretty similar to Smoker by character, at the core at least. However, this isn't necessarily true for his state so , e.g., I can imagine him getting rid of his crew or even killing his crew, but at the same time I can also imagine him hiding, protecting or losing his crew, etc.
    Even if Luffy is going to fight him and M it doesn't necessarily mean he's definitely on the bad side, the context is very important.
    Last edited by yieps; March 28, 2012 at 11:37 AM.

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Junior View Post
    Know what I was thinking?

What if part of those 100 hearts Law sent in were the hearts of his crew?

Maybe he realized they were weak and he sacrificed them so he could ascend..

Or I could be reaching too far.

i dont think its a rich...i think its a great theory.

its better than saying law saved luffy just because he feels like being a hero that day...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hoeru's Avatar
    Country
    Mauritius
    Post Thanks / Like

Proof that Smoker could die as "important character" is Ace who was constructed as "important character" for the purpose of dieing in a Grand Battle which lead to Luffy's growth etc. And IMHO, even if Oda made it look like that Smoker would be Luffy's Garp, he still could lure us into a trap. As a matter of fact, we simply don't know if Oda decided some time when he created a character whether or not he'll show him dieing.

On the other hand, being "knocked out" could still be a result from the stress of the heart removal - much like the shadow extraction Moriah showed. Smoker could wake up in three days, while Luffy and his crew already have left PH and went for the next island...

Well, there's one simple explanation for someone touching the real body of a logia user in battle mode:
    Spoiler show
    Last edited by hoeru; March 28, 2012 at 11:31 AM.

Thread Closed
Page 9 of 33 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast