Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/14/14 - 4/20/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by kewl0210

View Poll Results: Rate the Chapter!

Voters
184. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 (Awful/Boring)

1 0.54%
  • 2 (Average)

0 0%
  • 3 (Good)

14 7.61%
  • 4 (Great!)

74 40.22%
  • 5 (Epic)

87 47.28%
  • 6 (Top Ten in One Piece)

8 4.35%
Thread Closed
Page 10 of 33 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece 662 Discussion

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Keeper of Jericho's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 662 Discussion / 663 Prediction

Frankly I'm not sure I like this development at all. Law's a Shichibukai, fine, fine, but Smoker is supposed to be a Vice-Admiral. These guys alone were enough to stop a whole fleet of New World pirates from enterring the Marineford bay during the Whitebeard War. The New World captains couldn't even beat the Vice-Admirals. And now Law beats Smoker with almost no effort? I'm not saying Law can't be strong. He's a Shichi, he should be at least relatively strong (though Shichibukai power levels varry greatly, as we saw before the time scip). I guess I'm more dissapointed with Smoker. In two years he climbed to the second highest rank in the marines, signalling great growth in strength, but he still can't take Law? Wonder why the heck Law doesn't just march up to Akainu and take his heart, if he can bypass VA-level of Haki so easily. Likewise, if Luffy now ends up beating Law because of a superior Haki, that means Luffy's Haki > Smoker's Haki, indicating Luffy's stronger than a Vice-Admiral already. In which case I just wonder why he doesn't go punch Akainu in the face right now. Vice-Admirals aren't pushovers, and unless your name is Whitebeard they certainly aren't fodder.

I don't know, this chapter just left a bad taste in my mouth.

Click the image and visit my place! Don't be shy!

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

My guess is Smoker's heart will turn into smoke and rejoin the body.
    I think Smoker will stick around not just because Smoker is Luffy's rival or the vice admiral. It's just that I don't see the marine from G5 losing their captain anytime soon.

I think we will see Smoker and Luffy in a jail somewhere together again just like that time with Crocodile.

Anyway, I have a question. On the newspaper, on this page: http://www.mangareader.net/one-piece/662/13
    I see Ace, and Dragon underneath. But who is the person on the far left. Is that garp? Doesn't look like it. Did I miss something?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner AluminumTough's Avatar
    Country
    Sikkim
    Post Thanks / Like

Well we see the heart is connected to personality so the fact that smokers heart was taken out means he has no personality...does not mean he is dead. I believe since his heart is in a small room Law has control over it, because of this the heart is not dead and therefor Smoker is not dead but rather his life-force is in the heart that is in the room in Law's hand...lol And if the heart is put back in he will be fine. It would be interesting if Law then switched Smokers heart with Luffy's.

Banned 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by yieps View Post
    With 2 and 3 you're implying 4 is the only option which is not true.
    Although I taking any sides since I can't decide on a theory due to the number of possibilities, I say he's definitely not the evil character even pretty similar to Smoker by character, at the core at least. However, this isn't necessarily true for his state,e.g., it can imagine him getting rid of his crew or even killing his crew, but at the same time I can also imagine him hiding, protecting or losing his crew, etc.
    Even if Luffy is going to fight him and M it doesn't necessarily mean he's definitely on the bad side, the context is very important.
    you think law and luffy and M will tag team over smoker and tashigi? LOL

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Rosebullet Teacher's Avatar
    Obsessively checking the One Piece spoiler page
    Country
    South Africa
    Post Thanks / Like

Ussop is still Sogeking on his picture if those are the new bounty pictures (judging from Sanji's ongoing mix ups they are) I'm a lil disappointed that was one of my favourite running jokes! How will Luffy & Chopper react?

FuS
    Is Pandaman scared of the New World?

Word my boys independent hip-hop video check it out if thats your bag Illite MC - Trolling www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GaGXuQNvWU

7. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH's Most Passionate Member 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! scav's Avatar
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by beck26 View Post
    LMAO.

---------- Post added at 12:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:30 AM ----------

not really....abducting kids then resorting to killing when those kids are discovered??? LOL...good guy right there.

this guy.
    abducting kids, or maybe protecting and hiding those geant kids from the marines. who know what the marines have been doing under Akainu? Law asked what the marine are scheming, and with Oda there is always something.
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic136240_54.gif

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by scav View Post
    abducting kids, or maybe protecting and hiding those geant kids from the marines. who know what the marines have been doing under Akainu? Law asked what the marine are scheming, and with Oda there is always something.
    do the math bro.

M and law are partners = M saying law shouldve just driven off the guests.

sanji and co. goes out with kids + smoker sees them = law resorting in killing them and not letting them off the island.

M heard smoker saw the kids + what he feared the most = goes back to law was just supposed to rive off smoker that led to complicated situation.

abducted kids + hidden island + kids wanting to get out of the island = law is doing something good???? yes? no?

figure it out.

**** also, smoker was the first one to ask what is law scheming in the island....meaning its something suspicious...

law asking smoker what is he scheming is like asking "why do you meddle in my business? youre not suppose to enter here dammit!!!"

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted zerocooldx's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not the least bit surprised as to how Oda is setting this up with Law. Contrary to what some around here may believe a few of the SN's, Ie. Law and Kid, were written into the story with the sole purpose to be Luffy's rivals on the grand stage. I didn't expect a lot out of Smoker, his only real connection to Luffy is a fascination that he has with how similarly Luffy reacted to Roger when faced with death. In the grand scheme of things Smoker is a side character, admittedly one that has made strides but ultimately he will be limited in what he can do plot-wise in concerns to seriously challenging Luffy and the SH's. There is no need for Oda to slowly build things up now like he has in the past. Because thats what the two year time skip was about, it wasn't just about the SH's improving and everyone else being left in the dust. Right now its about hitting the ground running with the top characters and showing where they will stand in the OP world.

"Upon the back of his body not a wound of retreat scars it."
    One Piece is a series created by a genius, it's a masterpiece, it's like a fine wine, it only gets better with time.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebullet Teacher View Post
    Ussop is still Sogeking on his picture if those are the new bounty pictures (judging from Sanji's ongoing mix ups they are) I'm a lil disappointed that was one of my favourite running jokes! How will Luffy & Chopper react?

FuS
    Forgot that one. Maybe Luffy won't see this original at all. Likely Usopp will get the picture first and will paint it over or gets rid of it when Luffy tries to look at it.

you think law and luffy and M will tag team over smoker and tashigi? LOL
    No, read my post again.

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

jesus christ....smoker will not die anytime soon....cmon...

the only explanaton i can see if smoker will die is to give tashigi a reason to power-up but i even doubt that. smoker is just used to display law's power but he wont die...im thinking luffy will save him again (like what he did in alabasta)...excuse me, here i go with my parallelisms again.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hoeru's Avatar
    Country
    Mauritius
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by panasit View Post
    Anyway, I have a question. On the newspaper, on this page: http://www.mangareader.net/one-piece/662/13
    I see Ace, and Dragon underneath. But who is the person on the far left. Is that garp? Doesn't look like it. Did I miss something?
    Well, those images were of Garp, Dragon and Ace. To remind the public what a menace Luffy is. He inherits Garp's genes (the hero of the Marines), Dragon's genes (the world's most dangerous criminal) and is a sworn brother of Ace (son of Gold Roger, the King of Pirates). Bad publicity.

BTW, why are so many surprised by the newspaper?

Spoiler: Cover image of chapter 613 show

14. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by yieps View Post
    No, read my post again.
    i did.

you said my item 2 and 3 contradicts my item #4....how come?

2. im basically saying law is the bad guy in this arc. (and him saving luffy is a different thing than what he do at punk hazard, he cant always be nice to luffy, especially becoz its luffy's crews fault why the kids are discovered...something law and M are hiding very carefully from smoker)

3. im basically saying the defeat of smoker is not to kill his character but to show how strong law is to create more drama when he faces luffy.

4. im basically saying luffy will help smoker like he did at alabasta and law and M will fight them.

when did i contradicted items 2,3, and 4? care to explain?

---------- Post added at 12:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:53 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by zerocooldx View Post
    I'm not the least bit surprised as to how Oda is setting this up with Law. Contrary to what some around here may believe a few of the SN's, Ie. Law and Kid, were written into the story with the sole purpose to be Luffy's rivals on the grand stage. I didn't expect a lot out of Smoker, his only real connection to Luffy is a fascination that he has with how similarly Luffy reacted to Roger when faced with death. In the grand scheme of things Smoker is a side character, admittedly one that has made strides but ultimately he will be limited in what he can do plot-wise in concerns to seriously challenging Luffy and the SH's. There is no need for Oda to slowly build things up now like he has in the past. Because thats what the two year time skip was about, it wasn't just about the SH's improving and everyone else being left in the dust. Right now its about hitting the ground running with the top characters and showing where they will stand in the OP world.
    yeah, smoker's connection to luffy is not that important that oda even bothered to give smoker a flashback...

but i do agree kid and law are being developed to be luffy's rivals. same with smoker.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

LMAO.

---------- Post added at 12:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:30 AM ----------

not really....abducting kids then resorting to killing when those kids are discovered??? LOL...good guy right there.

this guy.
    where have all your senses gone?

you are saying he's the bad guy in this arc.. how can you be sure? did ODA messaged you? because he took smokers heart? his a pirate smokers a marine did you expect them to drink sake together?

being a pirate alone is a bad thing.. but not all bad people are bad.. there are always two sides.. and like a i said oda could have put shank in law's position and you would still think that shank is the bad guy because you're only looking for a bad guy in this arc.. make smoker the bad guy for always chasing the main character of this anime.. or is luffy the bad guy because he's a pirate and is going against the law and justice??

---------- Post added at 05:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:57 PM ----------

2. im basically saying law is the bad guy in this arc. (and him saving luffy is a different thing than what he do at punk hazard, he cant always be nice to luffy, especially becoz its luffy's crews fault why the kids are discovered...something law and M are hiding very carefully from smoker)
    or is it luffys fault for not ignoring the call from the beginning?
    Anyone wants to see Law vs Buggy?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

i did.

you said my item 2 and 3 contradicts my item #4....how come?
    No, I said items #2 and #3 imply your item #4.

The purpose of my previous post was to challenge your claim that in the end everything pointed to a fight between SH and Law.

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by stalin View Post
    where have all your senses gone?

you are saying he's the bad guy in this arc.. how can you be sure? did ODA messaged you? because he took smokers heart? his a pirate smokers a marine did you expect them to drink sake together?

being a pirate alone is a bad thing.. but not all bad people are bad.. there are always two sides.. and like a i said oda could have put shank in law's position and you would still think that shank is the bad guy because you're only looking for a bad guy in this arc.. make smoker the bad guy for always chasing the main character of this anime.. or is luffy the bad guy because he's a pirate and is going against the law and justice??

---------- Post added at 05:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:57 PM ----------

or is it luffys fault for not ignoring the call from the beginning?
    no...child abduction, partnering with a child abductor, hiding in a hidden island to perform some operation when these kids want to get out of the island.

seems a bad guy to me.

its not about being a pirate or marine....what law had done screams of a criminal...smfh, how much do i have to explain it? LOL

no, bro...actually...its law's fault for conducting some fishy experiments in punk hazard...
    Last edited by beck26; March 28, 2012 at 12:10 PM.

Thread Closed
Page 10 of 33 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast