Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: sage mode...how many are there???

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LnDRash's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: sage mode...how many are there???

If you mix up bird and snake contracts your sage mode probably ends up like this...

Spoiler show

Doesn't even look bad imho!
    Click here for what I consider the definition of "simply brilliant"

Quote Originally Posted by syx View Post
    He was once a very charismatic, kind, special and inspiring person. LnDRash was a premium brand, now this brand is called LnDTRash!

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Rosebunse's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LnDRash View Post
    If you mix up bird and snake contracts your sage mode probably ends up like this...

Spoiler show

Doesn't even look bad imho!
    Please don't encourage Kishi, please don't...

I really wish Kishi had set this up earlier. It's such an interesting idea. It sorta explains where some of the different jutsus come from.

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

it looks like there aren't just toads,but white snakes too. so I'd say that the last one is the sage used by slugs. since kabuto mentioned them,we should see the last one sooner or later.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member tret16's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I would have to say taht most animal summons probably have Sage modes. Although it's probably a lot harder to find the sage of the summon. I mean not many get called to the animal summons home. The only reason Jiraiya got to the toads is because he was accidently summoned there when he performed a Kuchiyose without a contract. I would imagine if Pakun summoned Kakashi to his home, he could probably introduced to the Dog sage and learn how to become a sage. But they seem to be very cautious on who they teach this too... And it seems to be one of the hardest techniques to learn.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

other question is where these animals come from

were they introduced by the rikudou? he was the one who invented chakra usage and brought ninjutsu to the world

how did they come about?

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe the rikudo taught the animals how to use chakra too and eventually the animals being closer to nature than humans developed senjutsu? I guess it would be possible for the rikudo to actually create the animals via izanagi though. Perhaps the animals were prototypes for the form of the biju, that would be an interesting twist too.

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Maybe the rikudo taught the animals how to use chakra too and eventually the animals being closer to nature than humans developed senjutsu? I guess it would be possible for the rikudo to actually create the animals via izanagi though. Perhaps the animals were prototypes for the form of the biju, that would be an interesting twist too.
    awesome,man! although I dislike the idea of rikudo who created animals by using izanagi,it's cool how you pointed out about the prototypes to shpae bijus. Yet,it looks like jugo's clan's kekkei genkai was similar to the oil used at myoboku.both of them attract natural energy,and both of them are difficult to control.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

kabuto's looking like a shitty sage though

remember how jiraiya gained a slightly toady face and grandpa frog siad jiraiya sucked at sage mode

kabuto's all snakey now. he doesn't seem to be able to control it as well as jiraiya could, and definitely not as well as naruto can
    Last edited by hyper_megaman; March 24, 2012 at 12:01 PM.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Uchiha_Blood's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hyper_megaman View Post
    kabuto's looking like a shitty sage though

remember how jiraiya gained a slightly toady face and grandpa frog siad jiraiya sucked at sage mode

kabuto's all snakey now. he doesn't seem to be able to control it as well as jiraiya could, and definitely not as well as naruto can
    kabuto is snake-like from the beginning, its not because he is shitty at Sage mode lol.
    We don't even know if this Sage Mode works the same way as the toads, and the horns well display this supposed Dragon Mode imho.
    Actually he looks scary as hell, and awesome to boot, while Jiraiya seemed a cross between Hiruzen and Oonoki

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

My thought exactly, I don't think kabuto would look like that if his actual body was not so snake like to begin with. Perhaps actually being part snake even enhances his snake senjutsu so he might actually be a better sage than jiraiya or naruto. I guess it is hard to tell though, theoretically we should be able to tell how good a sage he is by his snake features but if even his eyes are slited to begin with how can we ever figure that one out? I think he does deserve the benefit of doubt and we should assume he is about as you get to a perfect sage. If we compare him to naruto though, kabuto was significantly stronger in his base form than naruto (kabuto used to be a match for kakashi) so right now even if he was not a perfect sage he should be insanely powerful. Naruto's base form has never been anything special to say the least and his sage mode allowed him to fight pein for a bit (he got his ass handed to him by deva though) so the current kabuto should be an absolute beast...

On another note, my idea of the rikudo being the origin of the ninja animals would only be plausible with izanagi and its control over reality. Form him to create live it would not be that far fetched considering he gave 9 different lives to the chakra of the ten tailed beast. Interestingly, that would make the rikudo sennin the origin of all sages too.

As for how many sages there could be, I don't think there will be more than 3 thinking about it. Remember enma? The guy was insanely strong yet we only see the toad, snake and slug homes as being legendary and whatnot. If behind someone as insanely strong as enma there were also sages I don't quite see why they would be held in any lower regard than the toads, slugs or snakes.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted gnut's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Grin Re: sage mode...how many are there???

kabuto is merged with a snake(probably like ma and pa was to jiraiya)...that is why they look more like the animals.let's not forget that naruto couldn't do the merger...so hence he keeps his normal appearance(besides the markings & eyes).
    Look around you carefully. Strain your eyes at the darkness around us... At the darkness around me. You said anywhere but here. This is where, here, at the border. Gathered by the winds. Those who have met their final destiny hanging between jealousy and regret. Those who failed, swept together here. You say it doesnt matter where. If you follow me, this is where you'll go. This is your eden.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Rosebunse's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gnut View Post
    kabuto is merged with a snake(probably like ma and pa was to jiraiya)...that is why they look more like the animals.let's not forget that naruto couldn't do the merger...so hence he keeps his normal appearance(besides the markings & eyes).
    That's an important observation. That one snake seemed like it was staying especially close to him.

My question is, how often has Kabuto done this before?

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity KiSwordsman's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

That is false. Naruto's transformations happened just like Jiraiya's, it took hard training for him to reduce it to his eyes only. It had nothing to do with Fugasaku and Shima merging with jiraiya. The only thing the merger did was make sage mode last longer than 5 minutes. Kabuto looks the way he does due mostly to the fact that he implanted Orochimaru's remains into himself.

However, I do agree with your assumption regarding the snake being fused with Kabuto.
    Last edited by KiSwordsman; March 24, 2012 at 05:31 PM.

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

the toads had nothing to do with a sage's appearance. jiraiya was more similar to a toad than naruto because he was worse in controlling senjutsu.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted gnut's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    My question is, how often has Kabuto done this before?
    wasn't training on the moutain like going into the hyperbolic time chamber...so the dragon cave may also be like this(where time is slowed down.so kabuto may just have perfected SM.
    speaking of the snake...this may be how kabuto collects natural energy...that is why he said he will always be protected by natural energy.also,keeping the snake at all times means he doesn't have to stay still to collect the energy like naruto(shrug...i would guess).
    Last edited by gnut; March 24, 2012 at 06:39 PM.
    Look around you carefully. Strain your eyes at the darkness around us... At the darkness around me. You said anywhere but here. This is where, here, at the border. Gathered by the winds. Those who have met their final destiny hanging between jealousy and regret. Those who failed, swept together here. You say it doesnt matter where. If you follow me, this is where you'll go. This is your eden.

New Reply
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast