Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 601 by BadKarma , Gintama 515 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 157

Thread: sage mode...how many are there???

  1. #1
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted gnut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    st.pete...tampa bay,usa
    Country
    United States
    Age
    40
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,999
    Post Thanks / Like

    Grin sage mode...how many are there???

    were all the sannin sages??...?
    spoiler discussion...
    Spoiler show
    Last edited by gnut; March 21, 2012 at 08:13 PM.

  2. #2
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LnDRash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Eorzea
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,379
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: sage mode...how many are there???

    Spoiler show


    Also, I don't know if discussing this just yet is a good idea, since it contains some slight spoilers, so you should at least put a warning into the threads title.
    Last edited by LnDRash; March 21, 2012 at 08:12 PM.
    Click here for what I consider the definition of "simply brilliant"

    Quote Originally Posted by syx View Post
    He was once a very charismatic, kind, special and inspiring person. LnDRash was a premium brand, now this brand is called LnDTRash!

  3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  4. #3
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted gnut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    st.pete...tampa bay,usa
    Country
    United States
    Age
    40
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,999
    Post Thanks / Like

    Sweaty Re: sage mode...how many are there???

    not necessarily...we all were guessing kabuto's failsafe...this is quite a possibility
    all of this may be last minute...something different than ET,eye powers and bijuus...
    Last edited by gnut; March 21, 2012 at 10:33 PM.

  5. #4
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    N/A
    Country
    Singapore
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    580
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: sage mode...how many are there???

    It's beginning to seem all summon species have their own sage mode doesn't it

    wonder how the slug sage will look

    tsunade loses her limbs and starts flopping around on the ground, leaving a slime trail?

  6. #5
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LnDRash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Eorzea
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,379
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: sage mode...how many are there???

    Spoiler show
    Click here for what I consider the definition of "simply brilliant"

    Quote Originally Posted by syx View Post
    He was once a very charismatic, kind, special and inspiring person. LnDRash was a premium brand, now this brand is called LnDTRash!

  7. #6
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    N/A
    Country
    Singapore
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    580
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: sage mode...how many are there???

    lol we should have a forecasting thread on what tsunade's sage mode would look like

    looking back at the snake sage mode, the toad one doesn't seem too bad. not bad at all

  8. #7
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted xXan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Romania
    Age
    30
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,151
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: sage mode...how many are there???

    I am wondering what is more powerfull. Naruto's SM or Kabuto's SM.

  9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  10. #8
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted gnut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    st.pete...tampa bay,usa
    Country
    United States
    Age
    40
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,999
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: sage mode...how many are there???

    ^
    we have yet to see...hopefully kabuto gives us a good showing of his power.

  11. #9
    MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Uchiha_Blood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Country
    Italy
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,703
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: sage mode...how many are there???

    Imho everyone can use Sage Mode, yet very few can, since it requires, evidently, enormous quantity of chakra and a strong enough/resilient body. Still I believe to be of knowledge only of those 3 legendary places Kabuto mentioned, so likely both Frogs and Snakes twisted Sage Mode a little by their tastes.

    Imho Tsunade haven't a Sage Mode, Byakugou is her "sage mode".
    If Orochimaru couldn't master it, I doubt Tsunade could

  12. #10
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Country
    Canada
    Age
    29
    Posts
    44
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: sage mode...how many are there???

    Turtle sage is much better than a slug.

  13. #11
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Posts
    19,029
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: sage mode...how many are there???

    I am guessing there is one for every animal specie able to use sage mode. Based on what kabuto said it would seem toads, snakes and slugs at least have their own versions. I don't think this is the interesting part though.

    What I can't help but wonder is why exactly different people using natural energy would result in a different sage mode transformation. I mean, why would naruto and jiraiya turn into toads and kabuto turn into a snake? What makes sage modes different across species? Interestingly, it does not quite seem like kabuto has to stop moving to transform so perhaps the method to actually absorb nature's energy is different across species, basically intrinsically different arts. Of course, that would imply there are other ways to absorb natural energy other than stop moving however that would be kinda weird.

    ---------- Post added at 12:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:37 PM ----------

    Also, I doubt orochimaru was actually a sage. He used snakes but there never was an indication that he could absorb nature's energy at all. Perhaps he tried to learn but in the end simply couldn't. According to fugaku you need a high chakra capacity to become a sage and orochimaru does not seem to be that kind of ninja. At least his stats in the databook suggest he was not a chakra monster. Tsunade is another interesting case although I wouldn't know why he would fail to learn sage mode. Perhaps she simply failed or her chakra capacity (which was a respectable 5 in the databooks) was still not enough for her to get there.

  14. #12
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Country
    Cameroon
    Posts
    4
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: sage mode...how many are there???

    very good ,up you !!!
    Last edited by ROBINGAGA; March 22, 2012 at 11:54 AM.

  15. #13
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Rarhyx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Country
    Winterfell
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,075
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: sage mode...how many are there???

    Want to see:

    cat/tiger sagemode

    but sadly we didn't see 'em fight till now^^

    now which we already saw:
    (I mean ninja animals)

    kakashi with wolf/dog sage mode
    gai/lee with turtle sage mode
    hiruzen/konohamaru with monkey/gorilla sage mode
    sasuke with hawk sage mode would be also cool, but he is already haxxed
    When scum rules the world only more scum are born...

  16. #14
    The Green Knight MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Gats's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Greenstaring you.
    Country
    France
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,362
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: sage mode...how many are there???

    Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    I am guessing there is one for every animal specie able to use sage mode. Based on what kabuto said it would seem toads, snakes and slugs at least have their own versions. I don't think this is the interesting part though.

    What I can't help but wonder is why exactly different people using natural energy would result in a different sage mode transformation. I mean, why would naruto and jiraiya turn into toads and kabuto turn into a snake? What makes sage modes different across species? Interestingly, it does not quite seem like kabuto has to stop moving to transform so perhaps the method to actually absorb nature's energy is different across species, basically intrinsically different arts. Of course, that would imply there are other ways to absorb natural energy other than stop moving however that would be kinda weird.

    ---------- Post added at 12:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:37 PM ----------

    Also, I doubt orochimaru was actually a sage. He used snakes but there never was an indication that he could absorb nature's energy at all. Perhaps he tried to learn but in the end simply couldn't. According to fugaku you need a high chakra capacity to become a sage and orochimaru does not seem to be that kind of ninja. At least his stats in the databook suggest he was not a chakra monster. Tsunade is another interesting case although I wouldn't know why he would fail to learn sage mode. Perhaps she simply failed or her chakra capacity (which was a respectable 5 in the databooks) was still not enough for her to get there.
    Remember when Naruto used a special oil to train ? I think it's the same with the Snakes and the Slugs. Each oil for training (is it its only purpose actually ?) probably has his own side effects, related to the specie.

  17. #15
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity KiSwordsman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Country
    United States
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,878
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: sage mode...how many are there???

    Quote Originally Posted by xXan View Post
    I am wondering what is more powerfull. Naruto's SM or Kabuto's SM.
    I'm guessing that snake sage mode will be made to look better than toad sage mode. But it's most likely dependent on the user.

New Reply
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts