Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 589 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Gantz 361 Discussion/362 Prediction Thread

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gantz 361 Discussion/362 Prediction Thread

Anyone get the feeling that Cherry was trying to block the shot being fired at him? He was powering up hardcore just before it hit him.

The ziabatsu are fucking out of this world stupid, and that was an incredible let down to be honest.

They are great characters, and I love their addition to the story.

Not wearing your suits? come on now. Jesus fuckin christ, even Kei wore his suit to school.

Thats just lazy writing in my opinion.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity warbandit66's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

So Kei has super human vision now? No human could see something so small, from such a great distance and traveling at such as speed.
    Jiraiya: His hair are the best

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

*scene where the Zaibatsus gets hacked and gets those suicide bombing aliens*
    *next scene has Sakurai using his power on something* *Sakurai says "now i'm the most powerful*
    did Cherry just hacked the Zaibatsu's spheres with his mind to kill them all?
    hope Cherry didn't die after that hit right after claiming that he won't die. cause that'd be a crappy end for Sakurai
    claiming you won't die then the very next second, you die......

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner eddyb16's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

well the main zaibatsu guy said ordered someone to transfer the gorilla suit on them, so there's a good chance he's still alive

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Hungary
    Post Thanks / Like

Wait a minute! These zaibatsu guys are all japanese right? and they had to HACK the gantz balls. So they didn't made him?! So maybe the ones, who made the balls (in Germany, if that story part is true) are the ones who attacked them.

(but i dont have a clue why did they send spider like creatures)

What do you think?
    Last edited by RDN-567; April 21, 2012 at 12:40 AM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Gantzter127's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

That was a great chapter! If you guys don't already know here's the English translation. http://eatmanga.com/Manga-Scan/Gantz/Gantz-361

Yokota Takuma, Tsutomu Nihei and Asano Inio. <3

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Damura's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Are they serious?
    "That attack wiped out a full 3% of our forces!!!!!!"

Lol okay.

Is Nishi supposed to be on top of one those robots? I thought he was just on a building. What the hell is he thinking!?

Nice that as soon as the zaibatsu talk about blowing up the mechs once they get get close, the giants send in their own suicide bombers.

Lastly, looks like we haven't quite seen the last of them. Surely there must have been other buildings with other balls or something if they were shouting for a hard suit transfer, plus it's a good idea to spread them around anyway. They were pretty underwhelming though. Was expecting a big fight and all they did was stand there. Not so tough after all.
    Last edited by Damura; April 21, 2012 at 06:48 AM.

Scanlator 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member M-Hario's Avatar
    Country
    Peru
    Post Thanks / Like

So sorry, I fall asleep and forgot to update the chapter in Mangatopia and here.

Thanks to mote for the translation and PotatoBaron for the amazing raws!

http://mangatopia.net/main/2012/04/engantz-0361/

Thank you for waiting!
    Recruiting Translators for seinen manga!

Utopia v3.0 scantrad

10. Thanks 10 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ruhina's Avatar
    Country
    Antarctica
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the english scan, now let's see...

The aliens have deployed weapons the size of starcannons INSIDE their space ships, just in case some nasty super sized alien robots rampage their way across their cities? Come on!!! If any of those shots miss they'll total their own damn ship, talk about installing an artillery cannon inside a greenhouse.

Also what's up with the Zaibatsu. The one person who has a suit happens to be the one who can't fight worth shit. Even Takeshi managed to fight off half a dozen by himself. The others conveniently forgets their suits and now they just goes boom out of the story... Don't know... This chapter makes very little sense to me.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ruhina View Post
    Thanks for the english scan, now let's see...

The aliens have deployed weapons the size of starcannons INSIDE their space ships, just in case some nasty super sized alien robots rampage their way across their cities? Come on!!! If any of those shots miss they'll total their own damn ship, talk about installing an artillery cannon inside a greenhouse.
    They're already blowing up their own buildings and I doubt they're going to miss a giant robot that is just walking.

Quote Originally Posted by eddyb16 View Post
    well the main zaibatsu guy said ordered someone to transfer the gorilla suit on them, so there's a good chance he's still alive
    I agree since on page 17, it seems the guy is holding a phone/a mic and it seems he is receiving info from someone.
    Last edited by KetchikanAKGantzer; April 22, 2012 at 12:16 AM.

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

The tower is absolutely critical to their survival. It was obviously intended as a last resort and the targets are fairly close (3 minutes away!). Any damage it does to the interior is going to be preferable to losing the tower. I don't know how this whole space/time distortion thing works but perhaps the walls inside the ship can withstand the blast, or maybe they can shrink it manually if it misses. Or maybe they have a decent targeting system or something that makes missing impossible. Who knows. I really didn't get the sense from this chapter that the giants were putting their city in danger.

As for the zaibatsu... very amateur mistake. Will be interesting to find out who the hell they actually were. A lot of them clearly aren't veterans. They obviously felt as though they were absolutely in control of the situation and in the end it cost them their lives. That's fair enough.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Shinomori Aoshi's Avatar
    Country
    Greece
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm finding it increasingly difficult to understand this manga since I caught up with the publications. So little happens in each chapter that I easily forget what has happened, and although I usually read the previous 2 or 3 chapters, it's still difficult to understand. Maybe I'll drop it for some years and reread it afterwards.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

This is interesting, since this is discussion I'll give some opinions on what some things are.

Firstly by 3% of their force I think they mean their ENTIRE gantz force (by expense?), not just the ones attacking the city. Although one of the guys did mention blowing up the mechas once 10 of them get there, so we know there are definitely more than 8 mechas.

Also could the attack against zaibatsu group possibly be due to Nishi ? Maybe somehow the virus managed to spread in all the gantz balls. Hoping the moustache guy survives though. He's too much of an effective gantzer in the hard suit to go off and die.

They should've been wearing at least soft suits at all times. The whole planet (with the possible exception of the US) is a warzone for christ's sake.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner dake360's Avatar
    Country
    Jamaica
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow, the Zaibatsu guys were more stupid than I initially estimated. They were taken COMPLETELY off guard, despite the fact that they gained all those "soldiers" specifically by hacking their balls.

Also, not wearing your suit at all times = death wish.
    ikr.

If I had exclusive access to a Gantz ball and all of its features I would be in a Gorilla suit 24/7.

Also, Kei seeing Tae was SOOOO cliche

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

^

Soft suit definitely, but a Hard suit is bound to be more trouble than it's worth. Won't be able to fit through doors, have to take it off everytime I need to go to the toilet, or maybe eat something etc. Plus I'd attract a lot of police attention I think, and I just don't need that right now.

19. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast