Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/14/14 - 4/20/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by kewl0210
New Reply
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Gantz 360 Discussion/361 Prediction Thread

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member GAT-X252's Avatar
    Country
    Peru
    Post Thanks / Like

Gantz Gantz 360 Discussion/361 Prediction Thread

Raw is out, get it here.
    Last edited by GAT-X252; March 22, 2012 at 02:31 PM.
    (キタ━━━━━━(゚∀゚)━━━━━━ !!!!!)

心臓がドキドキドキドキ!!!!

06/25/09 - Goodnight Sweet Prince

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Enn's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gantz 360 Spoiler Discussion Thread

This is according to the spoilers: Cherry's (prima facie) nuts. Also, the chapter is not quite satisfying.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Forever Rain's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The fuck!? This manga is going full "Akira" on us? I wasn't expecting that. Hopefully he dies soon I don't want to see this psychic stuff get drawn out more.

On another note, I find it out that Cherry would think that Sakata wouldn't want him to kill. Sakata seem very pro murdering and kinda moraless to me.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Damura's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

^

Why not? His storyline has been the most consistently good so far (during Katastrophe).

I agree about Sakata. He's never been particularly concerned with other people unless they mean something to him. That said... this stuff is killing Cherry. And it's all in his head anyway, so... it's not really Sakata is it?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

You know it has nothing to do with the character or his involvement in the story, so perhaps I'm at fault because of that. It's just I did not like the introduction of psychics in the manga. It seemed very out of place and convoluted the story more. I guess I should just learn to live with it because he's here and theres nothing i can do about it...but wish he would die!

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Forever Rain View Post
    You know it has nothing to do with the character or his involvement in the story, so perhaps I'm at fault because of that. It's just I did not like the introduction of psychics in the manga. It seemed very out of place and convoluted the story more. I guess I should just learn to live with it because he's here and theres nothing i can do about it...but wish he would die!
    .........yeah, because everything else about Gantz is so down to earth right?

Aliens? sure. Mysterious god insinuating technology? why not. Resurrection from the dead? psh, not convoluted at all.

PSYCHIC POWERS!?!?!? THATS JUST TO FAR OUT!

Dude, its issue 360. Cherry was introduced at least 200 issues ago. How the fuck can it take you that long to accept a main character lol

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kliff2004 View Post
    .........yeah, because everything else about Gantz is so down to earth right?

Aliens? sure. Mysterious god insinuating technology? why not. Resurrection from the dead? psh, not convoluted at all.

PSYCHIC POWERS!?!?!? THATS JUST TO FAR OUT!

Dude, its issue 360. Cherry was introduced at least 200 issues ago. How the fuck can it take you that long to accept a main character lol
    Wow...someones on his peroid. Um, i didn't say I didn't like psychics in the story because it was unrealistic.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Draculoid's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't worry about it man, I don't know why these guys are freaking on you for not liking their introduction. Everyone's entitles to their own opinions.......... sheesh.

I agree that the first thing I thought of as well while reading the spoiler was Akira, I shit you not! I also totally agree about not wanting it to be too centered about it. Thankfully I'm pretty sure Oku will still treat him the same way he has and this is simply a sort of side story. If anything though it might be promising that something super crazy might jsut be a warm up .

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow...someones on his peroid. Um, i didn't say I didn't like psychics in the story because it was unrealistic.
    Its just funny that in a science fiction manga, with aliens, futuristic technology, giants, moving statues, and ect.

The thing that pushed the envelope for you was "psychic powers" lol

Convoluted means overly complex.

"hey cherri I fucked with your brain so you can move shit without touching it"

Dunno how you consider moving something with your mind, to complex.

So I laughed at the comment and made a sarcastic post.

And the more I think about it the funnier it gets.

Dinasour enemies? sure, Killer flying statue of david? why not. Onion aliens? Completely in place, and not overly complex at all!

Psychic powers? Wow thats totally out of place in this manga.

Mind you IM just busting your balls. I hope your man enough to handle it.

I'd hate to think you actually care.

And on the note of sakata.

These are self defense mechanisms cherri's mind is putting in place so he doesn't commit suicide.

Sakata was pro-killing. He never gave a shit about the morals involved with the mission, only the idea that it diminished the significance of a persons life.

Which is why he was never brought back.

Cherri's mind is just attempting to get him to calm down.
    Last edited by kliff2004; March 21, 2012 at 02:43 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member 102jayday's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Sakurai is going to die now for sure...But hmm everyone was going on about how they want to see Cherry and now we have had two chapters people are sick of it. XD I wish it advance faster than drag out but meh its better like this when you read it in the manga volume all at once.

Manga Berserk, Gantz, Rurouni Kenshin, Claymore<3 Fav Anime FMAB! Gundam seed, Nana, InitialD.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kliff2004 View Post
    Its just funny that in a science fiction manga, with aliens, futuristic technology, giants, moving statues, and ect.

The thing that pushed the envelope for you was "psychic powers" lol

Convoluted means overly complex.

"hey cherri I fucked with your brain so you can move shit without touching it"

Dunno how you consider moving something with your mind, to complex.

So I laughed at the comment and made a sarcastic post.

And the more I think about it the funnier it gets.

Dinasour enemies? sure, Killer flying statue of david? why not. Onion aliens? Completely in place, and not overly complex at all!

Psychic powers? Wow thats totally out of place in this manga.

Mind you IM just busting your balls. I hope your man enough to handle it.

I'd hate to think you actually care.

And on the note of sakata.

These are self defense mechanisms cherri's mind is putting in place so he doesn't commit suicide.

Sakata was pro-killing. He never gave a shit about the morals involved with the mission, only the idea that it diminished the significance of a persons life.

Which is why he was never brought back.

Cherri's mind is just attempting to get him to calm down.
    Uh...so you looked up convoluted in a dictionary and still misused it? Convoluted doesn't mean "out of place". Overly complex does not mean "out of place". I think the addition of psychic powers convoluted the story just like the pointless Kei's brother a vampire thing.

Now I don't know what's your problem pal but maybe we should go our separate ways. I bid you farewell and wish you the best in your anger management classes.

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think convoluted is the right way to describe Cherry's powers.

Though they do seem out of place.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Uh...so you looked up convoluted in a dictionary and still misused it? Convoluted doesn't mean "out of place". Overly complex does not mean "out of place". I think the addition of psychic powers convoluted the story just like the pointless Kei's brother a vampire thing.

Now I don't know what's your problem pal but maybe we should go our separate ways. I bid you farewell and wish you the best in your anger management classes.
    I guess taht when you speak, you have no idea what words are coming out of your mouth.

If you re-read your first post, you stated it was "out of place and convoluted"

Im just busting your balls buddy. I had hoped you were man enough to handle it.

But I guess your not, so just to clarify, Im just fucking with you. When someone states they are fucking with you, its in your best interest to be mature enough to handle is, so you don't upset yourself for no reason.

Don't worry, Ill be sure to treat you with kid gloves from now on, since you couldn't handle a little ribbing on the internet.

In the future, you should be more aware of the words you choose to speak with.

I can agree that kei's brother was convuluted, cause it added a layer of complexity that didn't bring anything to fruition.

But the psychic powers individualized the character. thats like saying "muscle rider being a martial artist is convoluted and pointless"

Don't worry, cherri will be dead soon. you get to be happy, and everyone else gets to miss one of there favorite gantz characters ^_^
    Last edited by kliff2004; March 22, 2012 at 08:55 AM.

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone know if that new guy is still with Katou's team atm? The survivor that pointed out all the dangerous monsters. Is he still around or did he fuck off when he saw the thing that wiped out his old team?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Hungary
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gantz 360 Discussion/361 Prediction Thread

i've just 'read' the raw .. and wow! cherry is still advancing! teleporting and shit! then there were those suited guys.. another group of zaibatsu? or more men like Sebastian?

yeah it seems like that Sakura's end is near.. but who would then have a chance against Sebastian?? no one of the gantz team!

edit: later i read the last spoiler post where Gat writes that these guys are the Zaibatsu.. but i dont see the moustached guy .. so those guys with the hacked gantz balls are just some hackers? i thought they were the zaibatsu
    Last edited by RDN-567; March 22, 2012 at 06:05 PM.

New Reply
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast