Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Gantz 361 Discussion/362 Prediction Thread

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member zelllogan's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gantz 361 Discussion/362 Prediction Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Shinomori Aoshi View Post
    I'm finding it increasingly difficult to understand this manga since I caught up with the publications. So little happens in each chapter that I easily forget what has happened, and although I usually read the previous 2 or 3 chapters, it's still difficult to understand. Maybe I'll drop it for some years and reread it afterwards.
    you're not alone. With the missions, it was easy to understand the situation but now, with this war, I'm just lost. I liked this manga when I had to read 200 chapters in a row but just reading one chapter each week ...

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Gantzter127's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Back in the day my good man 200 chapters at once, was the shit! But how do you find a lot of things all over the place, Nishi is fighting alongside Kurono#1 and Sakurai and the tokyo team and recruits have stopped, and the higher up Gantzers are screwed. The next chapter will hopefully have the Gantzers all together and fighting towards the tower, or maybe Tae trying to convince Kurono to go with her. However he will agree with her, but to prevent coming back and fighting for the higher up Gantzers he will ignore her and fight towards the tower. Possibly in the future chapters the mustache guy will survive and spawn all Japans Gantzers near the tower for the final assault against the Aliens. And thus tokyo team joining Kurono#1, Nishi and Sakurai (if he doesn't die). Ohh look at this I got to carried away haha!

Yokota Takuma, Tsutomu Nihei and Asano Inio. <3

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The big wigs not caring about suits make sense. They have absolute (well almost) control of the gantz balls and can be revived. Even if they get massacred now, they can just come back later.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Judau Ashta View Post
    The big wigs not caring about suits make sense. They have absolute (well almost) control of the gantz balls and can be revived. Even if they get massacred now, they can just come back later.
    Your stating your opinion as a fact.

We don't know fi the zaibatsu can revive.

Thats your assumption.

As of right now, I don't think theres any evidence that anyone's been revived.

Only simply that the zaibatsu can teleport people and weapons at will.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Damura's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

^

Most likely they can't revive. They have access to the Gantz balls but so did the Gantzman. I doubt that function is available to anyone but the Germans.

Wonder what the zaibatsu will do next. The mech plan seems to be working. They don't really need to lift a finger except to set them to self-destruct. I am sure we'll see more of them, but will something happen now to mess with their plans or will they resurface once the mothership is down? If the rest of their Gantz balls are malfunctioning (or just spawning countless spiders) they'll have to make a run for it. Considering there's little more than 3 minutes til they can destroy the tower it's not looking good for everybody involved.

Katou's group is fucked. There's no way they are getting out if that tower goes down.
    Kei is trapped in the suit. He's fucked.
    Tae's fucked.
    Cherry's not going anywhere any time soon, but he'll just fantastically phase through the walls to safety.
    Nishi forgot to bring his laptop, so he's fucked.
    Zaibatsu's balls are out of their control, so they're fucked.
    And Takeshi is all alone without a suit (+ homeless). One way or the other, he's fucked.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Forever Rain's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm glad the next chapter should be out soon. This chapter evoked absolutely no emotions or interest in me what so ever. I was just clicking through the pages.

Oh look 5 pages showing a cannon from different angles. Tae magically appears before Kurono. Kurono once again "taeeee channnn" durrrrrr. Oh look Nishi appearing and saying something but doing and contributing nothing like he always does. Ah some people who I don't know or really care about who's connection and importance is vague and never went into are dead...oh well. ...And Cherry still insane.

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

^

Progress takes time. A lot of detail went into that cannon.

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Yess, in one of the chapters it was told by the recruits in Kato's team that even if you lost an arm, YOU LOST AN ARM and that resurrecting members back was now a thing of the past. But while I was re-reading some of the earlier chapters of the last phase you see Sakurai get his arm chopped off by an enemy alien, and Reika comes along and looks after him, but when Sakurai came back from the all out assault... he had his arm back, something between these two events: the all out assault and Kato's team getting together and discussing what they should do and when. Or maybe Oku Hiroya got lazy and went Pfft... "No one will notice" so totally wiped out the whole resurrection thingy. Or maybe we will learn what the hell happened in future chapters...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ruhina's Avatar
    Country
    Antarctica
    Post Thanks / Like

Guys remember how back in the old days, when Gantz didn't make any sense, it was more of a "fifty feet tall monster with 110 tentacles ripping skyscrapers to pieces spawning from a plastic cup everyone could SWEAR that they've killed" kid of nonsense? Which was awesome.

Now it's more, "wer didd may AiQ goh?" kind of sillyness. It's actually comedic if you look at it from a certain perspective, like a Gunther song (Ding Dong Song i.e.)

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member A_N_G_E_L's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gantzter127 View Post
    Yess, in one of the chapters it was told by the recruits in Kato's team that even if you lost an arm, YOU LOST AN ARM and that resurrecting members back was now a thing of the past. But while I was re-reading some of the earlier chapters of the last phase you see Sakurai get his arm chopped off by an enemy alien, and Reika comes along and looks after him, but when Sakurai came back from the all out assault... he had his arm back, something between these two events: the all out assault and Kato's team getting together and discussing what they should do and when. Or maybe Oku Hiroya got lazy and went Pfft... "No one will notice" so totally wiped out the whole resurrection thingy. Or maybe we will learn what the hell happened in future chapters...
    Sakurai got his arm back was because the whole team got transferred by the Zaibatsu, who were able to obtain and hack multible Gantz balls. Not only because of the Zaibatsu he got his arm back, also the entire crew got their bombs inside their heads back(remember how the naked Ball dude removed them first?).
    But I agree, there are a lot of strange things in Gantz, like weapons appearing out of thin air, missing goatees, Nuri's arm, Katou's clothes, etc.

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

So you're saying that only the Zaibatsu can revive, while the other Gantzers can not?

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

The zaibatsu can't revive. A transfer will heal all wounds however.

(probably)

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Kool.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Damura View Post
    The zaibatsu can't revive. A transfer will heal all wounds however.

(probably)
    It's probably more to do with whatever Oku decides to fit the story. If he suddenly wants people to be revived, he'll bring the functionality back through some asspull. That's how he writes.

New Reply
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5