Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)
New Reply
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: The Breaker : New Waves 65 Discussion

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Bludvein's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Breaker : New Waves 65 Discussion / 66 Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by bighawke5 View Post
    Guys last chapter Shioon had 4 pills left while on the bed...this chapter at the beginning he has 3.

That means:

-some days have passed after last chapter and he used another pill(reducing it to 3) for his daily training and also training with 9AD's videos in between.
    I don't think so. This chapter happened directly after the last one. At the end of last chapter there were four pills because he hadn't taken one yet. This chapter begins with him watching the video while waiting for the pill to take effect.

He just started. The bit about him saying "...these last few days" means the time spent training with the granny, not by himself.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member mup's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GOOMOONRYONG View Post
    How long you guys say the pills effects last before he gets tired and collapses? Since he has only ever taken them before a fight I wonder how long he could go if he was just training, maybe a few hours?
    sera did say she improve them though i dont know how long maybe 30 min

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member ChaoticKen's Avatar
    Country
    South Korea
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kidopitz27 View Post
    i think what GMR saying on the phone is an advance foot tech or a tech using foot like the heavy stomp

@Chaotic

and the Sensei and KUN on some of the chapters ........ sungsengnim i think is the right term? and there is no kun like Shioon-kun on manhwa?
    Korea does have its own set of honorifics.

군 (-gun) is used in a similar way to -kun and I suppose the 'g to k' thing happens sometimes in the translation process. 양 (-yang) is the female equivalent and I suppose you could say that it works like -chan. But 군 and 양 are gender-specific as far as I know, and aren't really widely used, at least in my opinion; I don't know anybody who's ever called me 박군 during my entire life. It's a bit formal I guess. It does get used in Breaker though (some do call him 시운군) so it is accurate.

씨, (-Ssi) is an honorific. Appended to a name it generally indicates familiarity (then again I suppose that has more to do with the fact that you're using their name instead of a surname, since you don't randomly use people's given names unless you know them well for the most part), appended to a surname, I dunno?

선생님 means teacher but both parts can be used as honorifics. 님 (-nim)... I suppose the closest Japanese equivalent would be -sama? I dunno. You can add it to other words to make them seem more respectful, etc. 형 -> 형님, 누나 -> 누님, etc. 선생 (-sunseng) in its hanja form is made up of early / first (선) and born / live (생). Sunseng doesn't simply denote teacher. For instances, when referring to a doctor the polite thing is to say 의사선생님 instead of simply 의사님 (I don't know if anybody calls them just 의사 when speaking to them though that would be pretty rude). Politicians can also have -sunseng attached to them and I'm pretty sure there are more but fuck that because I can't be bothered to care.

There are a bunch of honorifics but most don't really see use in day-to-day life for the most part as far as I know.

4. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity kidopitz27's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

i want to learn korean from korean 101.com i think i downloaded a PDF and some webcast

OMG TWO VILEPLUME

100% sure that Zoro already surpassed mihawk! 10/06/10

Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DarkLordOfKichiku's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nanoclarkology View Post
    I like the fact that GMR didn't sugar coat the training on the phone. The smug-faced-shit-eating-grin-bastard is a troll. He is inciting Hyuk just to see him mad. That is exactly what a troll is.
    Yeah. Lol, talk about anti-climactic. The guy behind SUC turns out to be aguy like this

I don't think Shioon thinks Hyuk is a part of SUC. I think that Hyuk is the only Chun do moon person Shioon knows.
    Well, he did wonder a chapter back "Does that mean Hyuk So Chun is also...?", so he's considering the possiiblity at least. Which I'd say is wise, at the very least. After all, he doesn't know for sure whether Hyuk is part of the SUC or not, so he has to prepare hismelf for the worst possiiblity: that the (pretty much) strongest opponent he has ever faced so far is part of the SUC. Also, Hyuk is also the strongest (and only) from Chundomoon that he's faced, so ghe may judge thme by the standards of Hyuk So chun. Then it'd be logical to think that if he can at least beat Hyuk So Chun, then he should be able to handle anyone from Chundomoon aligned with SUC. Which may turn out to be right, because I don't think TrollFace is stronger than Hyuk, so if Shioon can beat Hyuk, he can probably beat TrollFace as well.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shaheer's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLordOfKichiku View Post
    Well, he did wonder a chapter back "Does that mean Hyuk So Chun is also...?", so he's considering the possiiblity at least. Which I'd say is wise, at the very least. After all, he doesn't know for sure whether Hyuk is part of the SUC or not, so he has to prepare hismelf for the worst possiiblity: that the (pretty much) strongest opponent he has ever faced so far is part of the SUC. Also, Hyuk is also the strongest (and only) from Chundomoon that he's faced, so ghe may judge thme by the standards of Hyuk So chun. Then it'd be logical to think that if he can at least beat Hyuk So Chun, then he should be able to handle anyone from Chundomoon aligned with SUC. Which may turn out to be right, because I don't think TrollFace is stronger than Hyuk, so if Shioon can beat Hyuk, he can probably beat TrollFace as well.
    I agree, wished that troll face got his smirks turned the other way by a move from hyuk after he messed with hyuk's phone. Surprisingly Hyuk was pretty tolerant on such insane behavior against him.
    wish the elders would pick shiwoon up and teach hims some sunwoo moves i cant wait to see sunwoo +bht cocktails from shiwoon

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Monsterguy's Avatar
    Country
    Slovenia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GOOMOONRYONG View Post
    So I wonder what this leg skill (Jin Won Gak) is, does anyone recall it ever being mentioned in part 1? This Shioon vs Hyuk rivalry reminds me of Naruto and Sasuke a little, the born genius vs the hard worker genius. I have to say I am pleased with how part 2 is going right now. It took a while but things are getting better and better every week.
    It was used by Kangsung and GMR in part 1, yes look:

Spoiler: Pictures show

Quote Originally Posted by bighawke5 View Post
    i decomposed it into Jin won gak, jin is a foot technique drawing you closer to the opponent, the other letters must be new foot techs.
    Quote Originally Posted by kidopitz27 View Post
    i think what GMR saying on the phone is an advance foot tech or a tech using foot like the heavy stomp
    Here:

Focus Stomp (Jinwongak in Korean): The practitioner uses one leg to stomp the ground. The technique is capable of literally crushing concrete and cutting through flesh and bone. Chun-Woo Han used this technique on Gi-Ju Song's left hand to desperately escape Gi-Ju's Strong Metal Binding. In chapter 70, Chun-Woo's Focus Stomp was diverted by Kang-Sung's right foot, sparing the Alliance Chief's life. Currently the only two martial artists who can perform Focus Stomp at the highest level are Chun-Woo and Kang-Sung.

PS: Partly taken from wiki...
    Spoiler: sample from originally colourful manhwa Tower of God show

It never ceases to amaze me:
    "How are authors of famous manhwa / manga,... able to create such amazing works???"

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Interesting chapter, with Shioon being thoroughly confused with what Chunwoo denoted as simple, at least to me, means that his training with the Sunwoo Clan will not be completely invalidated. Since Shioon is such a rookie to the Murim world he is going to end up needing Elder Kwon or Jang to translate what his teacher was talking about. Of course without them having knowledge of his phone lessons.

Chundomoon's involvement with the SUC makes sense with the introduction of that SFSEGB. It's apparent that that guy is jealous of Hyuk having obtained the position of Somunju in their clan, and in response to being "slighted" by the clan was to create his own position of power using Goomoonryong's name. He has probably reached out to the BFD in order to somewhat legitimize his position.

Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DarkLordOfKichiku's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 4ghost View Post
    Interesting chapter, with Shioon being thoroughly confused with what Chunwoo denoted as simple, at least to me, means that his training with the Sunwoo Clan will not be completely invalidated. Since Shioon is such a rookie to the Murim world he is going to end up needing Elder Kwon or Jang to translate what his teacher was talking about. Of course without them having knowledge of his phone lessons.
    Yewah, this chpater really illustrates that for all his talent/skill, Shioon is still a beginner/newbie in the Murim. As you say though, that simply means that he'll have to learn those frrom his new teachers in the Sunwoo Clan.

Quote Originally Posted by 4ghost View Post
    Chundomoon's involvement with the SUC makes sense with the introduction of that SFSEGB. It's apparent that that guy is jealous of Hyuk having obtained the position of Somunju in their clan, and in response to being "slighted" by the clan was to create his own position of power using Goomoonryong's name. He has probably reached out to the BFD in order to somewhat legitimize his position.
    Well, yeah, for now it looks like he aims to use Goomoonryong/SUC to further hos own position of power. Can't wait to see THAT little plan blow up in his face.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member nanoclarkology's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLordOfKichiku View Post
    Well, yeah, for now it looks like he aims to use Goomoonryong/SUC to further hos own position of power. Can't wait to see THAT little plan blow up in his face.
    When you said this abquote by Syndrome form the Incredibles came to mind. "Oh thi is just too good.". ( the part where he sees mr incredible and elastigirl had children.)

Anyway Shioon is going to be the bomb. I am looking forward to it. Now does anyone think that when Shioon actually learns theses techs that he could use them in astral projection training? I believe he can. I am looking forward to learning speed right now Shioon moves in super slow mode compared to almost everyone.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

When you said this abquote by Syndrome form the Incredibles came to mind. "Oh thi is just too good.". ( the part where he sees mr incredible and elastigirl had children.)

Anyway Shioon is going to be the bomb. I am looking forward to it. Now does anyone think that when Shioon actually learns theses techs that he could use them in astral projection training? I believe he can. I am looking forward to learning speed right now Shioon moves in super slow mode compared to almost everyone.
    im sorry could you tell me again what you meant are you saying his astral projection is like the hyperbolic time chamber from DBZ where time goes slower

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member GOOMOONRYONG's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Monsterguy View Post
    It was used by Kangsung and GMR in part 1, yes look:

Spoiler: Pictures show

Here:

Focus Stomp (Jinwongak in Korean): The practitioner uses one leg to stomp the ground. The technique is capable of literally crushing concrete and cutting through flesh and bone. Chun-Woo Han used this technique on Gi-Ju Song's left hand to desperately escape Gi-Ju's Strong Metal Binding. In chapter 70, Chun-Woo's Focus Stomp was diverted by Kang-Sung's right foot, sparing the Alliance Chief's life. Currently the only two martial artists who can perform Focus Stomp at the highest level are Chun-Woo and Kang-Sung.

PS: Partly taken from wiki...
    Thank you very much I was hoping that Shioon would learn that technique at some point. It is one of my favorite techniques. I just had a memory lapse for a minute

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

what other technique did 9AD used i know he has the inner ki strike is part of BHT now i predict we will see more of SFSEGB and see what the sunwoo elders are doing you know i think we saw the last of shioon traning the next time we see him is going to be in a fight that i pridict it is going to be SFSEGB man today i got of lot to say about the phone i think it safe it can't be touch as in steal shioon is under the protection of the sunwoo clan making the perfect place to study the phone
    Last edited by mup; March 30, 2012 at 01:03 PM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member nanoclarkology's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

@mup: no the astral projection was what I called the technique he used in the last chapter. It's true name is Hyun Hwan Shim Yun Gon found here.

http://read.homeunix.com/onlinereadi...erver=nas.html

But I just called astral projection because I didn't want to type the whole thing out.

As for moves that GMR used.

BHT: ki distribution tech
    BOT: the madness tech GMR used because Shiho was snipped
    Cry of the Phoenix: sound tech but I don't know if it is apart of BOT or not and I don't know the Korean name for it
    I thought thatGMR used the seismic step that kwon used on the car back in chapter 58 but I could be wrong.

17. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks nanoclarkology then there is that foot technique makes me wonder how long it could last the eyes are a big help if shioon train them that would improve his chances of wining a fight the astral projection i think it easy to say then the actual name of the technique do you think it posibule to double the image of your opponent making it harder it is the mind
    Last edited by mup; March 30, 2012 at 01:38 PM.

New Reply
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast