Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: Rate the Chapter!

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Epic!

9 25.71%
  • Good!

12 34.29%
  • Regular

13 37.14%
  • Boring...

1 2.86%
  • Bad!

0 0%
New Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Fairy Tail 277 Discussion/ 278 Predictions

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fairy Tail 277 Spoiler Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Atobe the king View Post
    Am i the only one bothered by obvious domestic abuse in raven tail being played for drama :< ? Something about a male character beating on a female like that bugs me...but anyway...

27 pages next chapter...hope its a good one...this arc feels like its moving at a snails pace to me for some reason,and after what bacchus said...elfman better not lose.
    yea just like the same raven tail that beat the piss out of little 11 year old wendy just before the tournament

those guys at RT have no class or ethics man, they are scum

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

the first half of this chapter was.. nothing but slapstick. i can imagine this mimicry magic will be important later in this arc. but that hound guy? just forget him. i wonder what happened to wendy als polyushka.. were they abducted? the role of wendy in this arc is really myterious. first the stuff about the new attacks, then she's knocked out off screen. now nearly healthy again she's away again. is she training those new attacks? Well. We'lll see. A new scent must mean some completely new chapter because Natsu should have smelled all those guy's who are in the tournament.

And well. Elfman will lose. What's with that bacchus / erza rivalry? He can't seriously compete with her if he loses against elfman. maybe he lets him win. don't know.. But obviously this is: give elfman a fight so you can take in wendy again. I'm just getting bored of this. Another arc starting with fairy tail + fairy tail friends getting ther ass kicked all over. And in 10 weeks we will be at the point were fairy tail suddenly kicks the ass out of everybody else around...
    At the moment i just wish that someone of FT contestants get's replaced by mavis for a day and she just shows them how to kick ass.

The Green Knight MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Gats's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

The first half of this chapter was random. Too ridiculous to laugh about, actually.

The second part confirms what the translator told us about the discussion between the knight and the king. Things start to be a bit more interesting with Natsu. I hope that Elfman will make a big show. I'm not sure if the drunk guy was serious or was just taunting his opponent to be serious or too upset. He seems to be the type of guy who would taunt anyway.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member MONKEYS's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by syx View Post
    And lol @ Arcadias being trolled like us, nice move from Mashima!
    Is it just me, or does it seem like Arcadias actually planned that, and is only pretending to have made a mistake? I say this because, after the king said he wanted Erza, Arcadias got a bit weird, and then a shadow covered his eyes.
    In my experience in reading manga, that either means they're thinking something evil, they're embarrassed, or the author just wants to hide their thoughts.
    As for why he'd do it: He probably wants to limit the points for Fairy Tail. Put Elfman in a high ranking match where he's likely to lose, and put Erza up against some fodder that would lose to any other member of FT. As opposed to putting Erza up against the hardcore stuff, and possibly having her win, then having Elfman win his match with the fodder.
    Okay, it's not a particularly well fleshed-out theory, but it's something to think about.

Also, it's kind of a shame that Bacchus has played out his role in the tournament, as each participant can only be in one battle (pretty much certain), and one event (not quite certain). And after this Quatro Cerberus will go back to being a fodder guild again.

I think it will be a draw, to be honest. A draw with Elfman very much on the ropes (although I'm hoping for some Take over rage!).

I hope the leader of Mermaid Heel is similar in skill to Bacchus, or that they have someone who is.
    Since I'm not godlike with flash or anything, I'm going to dedicate my signature space to the people who make our weekly manga viewing possible.

I don't know their names, but really, anyone who works to bring manga to my eyes weekly, you have my thanks.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wooticus View Post
    And well. Elfman will lose. What's with that bacchus / erza rivalry? He can't seriously compete with her if he loses against elfman. maybe he lets him win. don't know..
    Give Elfman a chance man we can see how much Elfman is improved after his training. I mean Erza could have been on par but i bet Erza is much stronger now. They just dont know yet. I really want Elfman to win. To me this bacchus is just another fodder anyways.

Oh and there is a panel which says "There's no contest here Bacchus overweling victory is a given" With this, i think the opposite will happen.

Anyways it was a great chapter actually. especially the second half. Charlie is stupid for not telling Lucy about her dream. I mean it happened to her once.. She should know better!
    Last edited by Raicrune; March 30, 2012 at 11:39 AM.

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ifrit's Avatar
    Country
    Jordan
    Post Thanks / Like

Mashima still building more hate toward Raven Tail. I kinda feel sorry for Flare. I believe Lucy know why she was beaten like that.

Natsu smelling something weird...dude go back to sleep...starting to hate his forced character -_-

From the name of Black Snake...WTF did he use exactly ??? maybe it has something with this is not my real name.....

Finally : Elfman Vs Bacchus = Draw

a win for Elfman (as much as I want that to happen) it will mean he's not just as strong as Erza but stronger, because Bacchus had like 7 years of growing strength. But if he did win it will be because of the promise he made to Wendy that would be his powerup not because of what was said from Bacchus

for Elfman to lose I don't want that, because its one of the good characters not given attention, and this is his chance to prove he's one of the worthy mages of Fairy Tail.

27 pages: I hope the first 7 pages won't be let us fill you up with all that happened so far. :P

looking forward for next week. GOOOOO Elfman !!!
    Last edited by Ifrit; March 30, 2012 at 12:06 PM.
    Dreyar Style

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ifrit View Post
    Mashima still building more hate toward Raven Tail. I kinda feel sorry for Flare. I believe Lucy know why she was beaten like that.

Natsu smelling something weird...dude go back to sleep...starting to hate his forced character -_-

From the name of Black Snake...WTF did he use exactly ??? maybe it has something with this is not my real name.....

Finally : Elfman Vs Bacchus = Draw

a win for Elfman (as much as I want that to happen) it will mean he's not just as strong as Erza but stronger, because Bacchus had like 7 years of growing strength. But if he did win it will be because of the promise he made to Wendy that would be his powerup not because of what was said from Bacchus

for Elfman to lose I don't want that, because its one of the good character not giving attention, and this is his chance to prove he's one of the worthy mages of Fairy Tail.

27 pages: I hope the first 7 pages won't be let us fill you up with all that happened so far. :P

looking forward for next week. GOOOOO Elfman !!!
    you know the more i think about it the more i think elfman will actually win, especially since people in the crowd are already calling the match for bacchus like elfman has no chance.... this seems like an obvious setup to "surprise" us with an elfman underdog victory

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Atobe the king's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

@Ifrit Forced character?
    When's Prince of Tennis Smash Hit 4

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Physically, Elfman is stronger than Erza. As Bachus seems to be a physical fighter as well, Elfman has better chances against him than Erza. Which doen't mean Elfman is stronger than Erza.

11. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ifrit's Avatar
    Country
    Jordan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Atobe the king View Post
    @Ifrit Forced character?
    He is the lead character the Hero. He's everywhere and gonna deliver the final blow every time, so in the end I get bored watching him fight. Beside Laxus hates Natsu, so I hate Natsu hehehe

remember in Phantom Arc. it wasn't Natsu who beat Jose. I just wish he gives the others more screen time. Which he is doing in this Arc and this is why this arc will never suck for me no matter what he did.

Basically I'm skipping any page with Erza, Natsu, Lucy, and Gray....I've seen enough from those.
    Dreyar Style

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Atobe the king's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Laxus....i don't think he hates natsu lol...that I'm sure about. Laxus is so reserved now that i've taken a liking to him because of it.
    When's Prince of Tennis Smash Hit 4

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity LoS's Avatar
    Country
    Isle of Man
    Post Thanks / Like

It really is a shame, this manga has not been humorous, surprising, or interesting lately.

Toby being dumb, who cares. The raven guy being an ass, not a surprise. Tearing the sock not really a sad moment, or anger inducing moment.

Elfman vs Bacchus, not a surprise, and the mistake wasn't very funny either.

Oh well, hopefully Mashima can draw some interesting fight scenes I guess.

The equivalent of a popcorn flick, low expectations just there to watch the action and explosions.
    The OG that ran Bleach for near a decade is no more.
    Cheers to a boss villain, I tip my hat to you Aizen

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Interesting chapter to say the least. I expect a few things from now on though.

The first is that I expect elfman to reveal through a flashback that everyone in fairy tail went through urtear's double magic process. Basically, elfman will also have a significantly higher amount of magic. Its not like it makes sense for gerard to be a part of FT's team and not do such a thing for everyone there. Then he will likely reveal a new beast form IMO. He is someone who uses beasts he absorbs to fight, the best way for him to grow stronger is to capture powerful beasts and use their powers. It would be interesting if he can at some point take that magic to the next level and actually combine different critters and combine different abilities though. I wonder how much will mashima trash FT until they get a win though, any more losing and any sort of comeback would seem highly unlikely and perhaps even go borderline trolling. I do have an honest expectation that raven tail will be discovered for what it is and the points FT lost due to their cheating will be given to them (say, lucy's points from her fight with flare).

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Edelheld's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

I like Kurohebi, he's cool. And I'd be pissed off too to know that the biggest secret of that dogboy is that he is mentally challenged =/
    Hmm, why people react so badly on Bacchus' words? He just wants to play Monopoly with them, you pervs
    And don't even try to make me believe that you wouldn't want to see some hot MiraXLisa sis-on-sis hardcore action, I know you do

17. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member exacta's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

That Kurohebi vs Toby thing may have been the dumbest thing I've ever read ever.......I'm sorry, but tearing up someones sock does NOT make anyone look badass or evil. Mashima should've just kept it comical.....trying to turn something like that into something serious could never work. I'm just going to pretend that didn't happen.

Bacchus vs Elfman should be cool.Fiinally Elfman will get to do something badass......or get his ass handed to him again. Wow female abuse and obnoxious perversion in the same chapter. Yeah, ya know, for kids....

19. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast