Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 (2)

View Poll Results: Should Ope Ope no Mi be capable of stealing knowledge?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

0 0%
  • No

4 66.67%
  • Can't Say

0 0%
  • Should have a Limit or Condition on its usage

2 33.33%
  • Would like other ability.If so please do mention it.

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
New Reply

Thread: Trafalgar Law's Ope Ope no Mi

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Chile
    Post Thanks / Like

Trafalgar Law's Ope Ope no Mi

It has been very difficult to precise when Law use his abilities. What we really know is that he can do everything while his Room is active.

But... when is active?
    Judging the ones who has been transplanted with new legs, arms o wings and even torsos or heads (to catch the idea). It means the ability works on the entire island.

Moreover, he can warp things without using room, like a stamp on the objects is working somehow, an example is his sword.

While he was fighting the ice giants, he cut them naturally without using his room again.

It's somewhat weird to me, including cut Kairoseki in the 677 chapter. Or maybe Oda is cutting scenes to make the plot go through.

What do you think about these chapters?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member GomuGomu_Getsuga's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Trafalgar Law's Ope Ope no Mi

Hmm. He can probably throw his powers, similar to what he did to Smoker when he took his heart. I'm not sure if he had his full room activated but I think he can dismantle objects with simple motions.
    Last edited by GomuGomu_Getsuga; August 19, 2012 at 10:21 PM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Ledoke's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Oda explained Law's abilities through Smoker so he could stop wasting space on drawing Law activating the sphere every time.
    Spoiler show

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, if it is indeed an operating room over which he has control then perhaps we should focus on the operating part rather than the room part. The idea of it being a room can be somewhat misleading as to what his abilities actually do. He does have absolute control over the room however the control will generally exist within the context of what could be considered operating. In a more recent chapter he mentioned that he could burn the chains with his ability. My guess is that this would have something to do with cauterization for example. his cutting would perhaps be related to dissection and his scan ability would be related to the supposed controlled environment an operating room is supposed to be.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member khaja_200923's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Law and the extent of Ope Ope no Mi

i am posting this Thread as the continuation of My post in OP 678 Discussion Thread. so it's simply copied and pasted.

At first i thought the kidnapping of ceasar was just to create confusion so that they could sneak around and achieve whatever their goals are easily in the confusion.http://www.mangareader.net/one-piece/668/13.
    now since they are already in the lab they can easily rescue kids defeat ceasar and virgo and find whatever the key is and leave the island, but they still want to kidnap ceasar which doesn't make sense, unless the plans law has directly involves 1.ceasar having information on the key,or 2.him possessing part of the key,or 3.he himself being the key.

Law told that once they kidnapped ceasar things will start moving, and fast, http://www.mangareader.net/one-piece/668/14 i don't think law has a method to extract information from ceasar since, drugs and truth serums will have no effect on ceasar because of his DF(gas-gas), so we can pretty much rule out on ceasar having information on the key. Unless Laws DF also has ability to exchange or steal knowledge from others like switching souls...
    Now Stealing knowledge would be one terrifying ability for someone to possess. Just think about it he can steal all top secrets from someone, this may even explain his sly and cunning nature since he can always know who’s planning what and what step he should take accordingly.
    1.Law can learn ancient language and the existence, location, and identity of ancient weapons from Robin (gives me shiver just thinking about it.)
    2. Learn all of Caesar’s experiments and information on key and his deals with joker from Ceasar.
    3.gain knowledge on navigation from Nami, Medicine from Chopper, sword fighting techniques from zoro.etc.,

This ability has limitless possibilities so personally I would like for law not to possess it or have a limits on its usage. If he possess it.
    https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-ESa1mK9qEH4/Tqc81G0QU-I/AAAAAAAAAAg/JKUClDfeZNk/w550-h478-no/kyuubisagechakramode+by+khaja_200923.JPG

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hoeru's Avatar
    Country
    Mauritius
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Law and the extent of Ope Ope no Mi

Trafalgar Law's Ope Ope no Mi in the Tree of Knowledge subforum already exists - Mr. Arashi was faster.

Merged khaja's thread to this one. ~♪ goldb
    Last edited by goldb; August 23, 2012 at 04:53 AM.

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I presume that once activated the room is maintained until Law deactivates it. The room maintains a specific circumference around Law, anything within a certain radius is subject to his powers - shambles, scan, tact, mes, and counter shock. Room has been active since chapter 660, the Yeti Cool Brothers were close enough to be in his room, thus he could use shambles to cut them in half. It would be redundant for Law to have to activate his room every time before using one of his powers; a waste of panels, a waste of dialog, and a waste of readers time. Instead it is much simpler, and makes far more sense, for him to simply activate the room and maintain it until no longer needed.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

The room as been deactivated as soon as the fight with Smoker was finished. It can be clearly "not seen" here.
    In the case of the Yeti brothers, you can see something that look like a room in the third panel on the right, so I think he activated it at that time. However there were some others time where we didn't saw it (in the cage and when he switched Nami and Sanji). There is also the time when he switched his chain, how did he activate a room without this one being noticed ? I would have preferred that Oda loose a little time drawing them. As it can be seen in the yeti brother it is not really hard to do and prevent me from wasting my time because of some unclear facts.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner TitaniumOxide's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Law clearly said that his chains didn't have any seastone on it because he swapped them for regular chains. I hope this will clear up any confusion so people will stop saying that his chains had seastone.

Source: http://www.mangapanda.com/one-piece/677/9
    "Hard work beats talent, when talent fails to work hard." - Kevin Durant
    "Expected charity is a nicer way to demand slavery." - Terry Goodkind

If my grammar and overall writing sucks, my bad, im too lazy to do everything right on my fone.

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

About how could Law use his powers with out a visible room, this is a nice possibility:

Quote Originally Posted by iloveonepiece View Post
    simple. he made his "room" bigger than the entire room they were in.
    or than what we could see

New Reply