Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 60 of 74 FirstFirst ... 10 50 58 59 60 61 62 70 ... LastLast

Thread: Bakuman by Ohba Tsugumi and Obata Takeshi

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hoeru's Avatar
    Country
    Mauritius
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bakuman 173 Discussion / 174 Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by Jaymie View Post
    It would be hypocritical for Ohba to extend Bakuman now that he's blatantly anti-extending in the manga in question.
    Well, but Takagi already said he could extend Reversi for eight more chapters to Hattori. So the anti-extending policy isn't that straight anyways - AM and Hattori were discussing it without giving a definite "No". And I don't think he completely lied to Mashiro when Takagi said, that he would think about a Part II at home. He'll probably talk with Kaya anyways about the current problems.

And if Takagi found a way, and convinced Mashiro with a conception of Part II, I think both Mashiro and Hattori would like to continue Reversi. But if they do Pt.II, I hope Mashiro and Miho marry in that break of three or four weeks Hattori mentioned.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member OtakuModeEngage's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

No, animators do not require that the piece be still in work during the animating; nor must an anime be overly long, as there are many animes with only 12 episodes (not even a full season), ovas with only four, and movies that have no sequel at all. However, not all of these animes were cut short because they failed to retain popularity, some were not cut short at all, they were brilliant pieces with amazing quality that were simply sort to begin with. The production company has likely already signed to animate Reversi, so they are set for a full season. Sure continuing the series would bring in more prospective profits, but canceling it now would only lose the sum they have already put into hiring, renting studios, and preparing scrips and music; and honestly, one season, makes a hell of lot more money than no seasons does. Studio Chibli in particular made many amazing anime moves like Howls Moving Castle, Kiki's devilry service, spirited away, exc. They could have made sequels, prequels, they could have ringed and rung the story dry of every last penny; and certainly they would have made more cash doing so, but they left them as stand alone pieces. Now, I know I just referenced movies, but its the same concept; Reversi's story comes to an end just like Howls Moving Castle did, so why should they continue Reversi when they didn't continue Howl? Sure, the studio animating Reversi may be a little unhappy that they would not cut as pretty a profit margin as they had anticipated, but regardless they'll profit, so they'll suck it up a make the most out of it. The production company has no power over the manga, and if they absolutely felt the anime must continue, they would create an original story. No, the one that has power over whether Reversi's manga continues is and only is Jump. It all comes down to quality or profits.

---------- Post added at 01:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:26 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by hoeru View Post
    Well, but Takagi already said he could extend Reversi for eight more chapters to Hattori. So the anti-extending policy isn't that straight anyways - AM and Hattori were discussing it without giving a definite "No". And I don't think he completely lied to Mashiro when Takagi said, that he would think about a Part II at home. He'll probably talk with Kaya anyways about the current problems.

And if Takagi found a way, and convinced Mashiro with a conception of Part II, I think both Mashiro and Hattori would like to continue Reversi. But if they do Pt.II, I hope Mashiro and Miho marry in that break of three or four weeks Hattori mentioned.
    lol, he didn't say he was extending it 8, he said there is 8 left.
    Last edited by OtakuModeEngage; March 31, 2012 at 10:09 PM.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Knifeshade's Avatar
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

This might be a bit of a stretch. And even I have trouble convincing myself but I think we fail to look at it from the studio's point of view. First, an analogy. You know how we have movies, and we have movie tie-in games? Lemme ask you, do you think those games would be as "successful" if they weren't released at the same time the movies are? Those games practically bank on the movies to move off the shelf (if somebody ever buys them anyway).

I think it's not just about being able to gain a bigger prospective profit. But more of a way to insure the production's success. Unlike manga creation, where maybe only time is wasted if a piece doesn't get popular, studios lose cold hard cash?
    Last edited by Knifeshade; March 31, 2012 at 05:41 PM.
    -

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member AandWguy's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know about you all but I think Bakuman has had a good run, its ups and downs and its been a good ride. Ohba shows he is an excellent author especially at subplots and Obata is a great artists with some great assisants, the Bakuman backgrounds throughout the whole series are incredible for 19 pages a week. A lot of them look real life and everything. This was a good chapter and its showing that it needs to end now.
    Suprise!!! Gotta love those faces!

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Knifeshade View Post
    This might be a bit of a stretch. And even I have trouble convincing myself but I think we fail to look at it from the studio's point of view. First, an analogy. You know how we have movies, and we have movie tie-in games? Lemme ask you, do you think those games would be as "successful" if they weren't released at the same time the movies are? Those games practically bank on the movies to move off the shelf (if somebody ever buys them anyway).

I think it's not just about being able to gain a bigger prospective profit. But more of a way to insure the production's success. Unlike manga creation, where maybe only time is wasted if a piece doesn't get popular, studios lose cold hard cash?
    I see your point, but when we produce a movie long after the book was written, the movie still receives major sales, maybe even more than the book did, because there exist a great -and therefor significant- populace that loves watching and hates reading.

I did not become a Manga lover until I was first introduced to Anime. I didn't start reading Manga until I had caught up with the Bleach episodes in Japan, was fed up with Inuyasha fillers, and angry that they ended Negima too soon with its crappy second rate ending. At that point, I was hungry for more of the story, I wanted to know things like 'what really happened?' or 'what happens next?'. So I started reading the Manga, and now I read seven Mangas for every anime that I watch. But even to this day, I am occasionally introduced to new Mangas by watching their anime's first. What that is to say, is that many people who watch anime, do not read the manga, or they watch the anime first, which introduced them to the manga; this is why many manga authors want animes, because people don't know of the manga until it receives publicity, and this publicity is achieved through anime.

That being said, you're looking at the equation the wrong way. It should read: Manga fans -> Produce Anime -> transition of Manga fans into Anime fans + Creation of new fans for the anime -> Popular Anime -> interest of the Animes roots -> transition of Anime fans into Manga fans + current Manga fans -> Popular Manga. Even if there is no manga in the first place, or perhaps the anime is based off of a novel instead of a manga -which has been successfully carried out-, the anime will still receive sales.
    Last edited by OtakuModeEngage; March 31, 2012 at 09:01 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SHINOBI-03's Avatar
    Country
    Dubai
    Post Thanks / Like

You know, I just had a scary(?) thought... What if Bakuman is the one ending in eight chapters?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SHINOBI-03 View Post
    You know, I just had a scary(?) thought... What if Bakuman is the one ending in eight chapters?
    Lol, that's what Knifeshade was theorizing. XD look up at the polls.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Niko_kun's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bakuman 174 Spoiler Thread

Last edited by Niko_kun; April 05, 2012 at 04:00 PM.
    visit my brazilian D.Gray-man fan site. - www.dgraybr.blogspot.com

9. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Those pages from Reversi looked so good! Too bad it's not a real serialization XD

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner azeriraz's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow that chapter moved even faster than I expected.
    animeaura.com

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Marche's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

I can't wait to read a spoiler, the chapeter picture are awesome.

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner azeriraz's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok this chapter might actually mark the beginning of the end (not in the apocalyptic way but rather the final arc way) of the series - just because they showed Shizuka, Shiratori, Nanamine and Iwase which I'm going to take as a way of tying up loose ends.
    animeaura.com

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

There were some awesome eyes and expressions in this chapter. OMG, a PCP mention and an Iwase sighting! :P

I wonder if Light and L killing each other was the original ending that Ohba wanted. Definitely having Light lose to Near and Mello was rather lackluster, and it made it look like he lost to a far inferior opponent.

I had always thought that either Light would win (regardless of Ryuk's statement about meeting Light that he would kill Light with his own Death Note), or that he'd bring about world change. In the end, things changed, but Light still died.

This chapter made me feel that the end of Bakuman is really right here and that we're not going to have another 30-50 chapters. At the end of the chapter, we get the panels of everyone, including Nanamine, Shiratori, and Iwase, so basically everyone that they've encountered on their journies in the mangaka world, reading and enjoying their success.
    Last edited by FrostyMouse; April 05, 2012 at 11:57 AM.

18. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Wah! Knifeshade, save me from this impending ignorance, I'm so excited, I want to know whats going on XD

20. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Negative Syndicate

It is definitely heading toward its ending. I feel like in the ending, Ashiromogi going to create a manga title, "Bakuman," then the story ends.

22. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 60 of 74 FirstFirst ... 10 50 58 59 60 61 62 70 ... LastLast