Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Niou vs Fuji , national finals dissatifaction

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Niou vs Fuji , national finals dissatifaction

Quote Originally Posted by ashore View Post
    No rivalry at all accept for someone who's gone pro. He has nothing to prove.
    Catching up with a pro sounds like a pretty good motivation to me.

Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Grin Re: Niou vs Fuji , national finals dissatifaction

i thought one of fuji's quality = no motivation to play tennis seriously + play tennis for thrill, not to win/getting stronger though.

agreed in U-17, i found it weird when he said "i'll be stronger" after losing to Tezuka.
    maybe, it refers to the fact that he doesnt plan to lose to same opponent twice?
    U-17 is a training camp right? it's not a real match.
    so, i understand if Fuji doesn't have the "airtime". he's not that type of person to unnecessarily show-off what he has.
    he should be mysterious.

well, he hasn't use his golden racket anymore since Mizuki's match till now.
    i guess he need another hit to Yuuta for him to use it again.
    but, in original manga/anime, fuji's matches were genius.
    even he lost to Tezuka in anime, who would have thought he has the reverse tsubame gaeshi, forcing a cord ball/change racket orientation so that he could do perfect tsubame gaeshi, holding racket higher to have more power, change play-style for his advantage...

he's technically wit. he doesn't necessarily to come out for 1000 new counters for 1000 matches. i'm waiting for another wit to come if it is about Fuji.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ashore's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

maybe his character development changed his personality and he see tennis differently.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ashore View Post
    Is it just me or was I not the only one dissatisfied with this match?
    first time i read about it it was cool. now that i think it over.
    I realized fuji had to win or be eliminated.

1) were you satsified with the results?

2)if it was tezuka vs fuji at the time with no zero shiki serve, would fuji have won?

my opinion.

1) I was not satisfied. I thikn Niou could have put in more fight as a tezuka clone. Fuji stated that Niou couldn't copy tezuka's zero shiki serve , and that niou is no where near the same as the real tezuka.

given that, i think niou could have countered a blind fuji. he had tezuka zone, phantom, pinnacle hard work. yes i'm aware fuji countered some of those , but in the blind state, fuji wouldn't have won vs those skills. its called mixing your techniques up to confuse the opponent. they are initailly sealed, but if you can rotate them through the match. its purely subjective : (

2) tezuka would win.
    Fuji countered pretty much all of Tezuka's moves except phantom, but that could be countered with 4th counter, cord ball, or maybe even a combination between the two, and the blind state enhances Fuji, it makes his senses sharper, so he would have been even better at countering Tezuka's moves

If it was real tezuka vs fuji, then Fuji would have the edge, only because the only move of Tezuka's that he wouldn't have been able to break is the ZSS, but he can't hit those too often because of the strain on his arm, so tezuka with no special moves against the sixth counter, sixth counter all the way

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Fuji is weird.
    He tends to day-dream during match so I can't speculate what he'll do against real Tezuka.
    In my opinion:
    Tactical wise against real Tezuka - Fuji's win
    Technical wise against real Tezuka - Tezuka win. that ZSS is very powerful

i believe Niou indeed copy Tezuka brilliantly.
    i don't think real Tezuka would even use ZSS against Fuji (because Fuji doesnt have Sanada's Rai)
    Even if it's match point for Tezuka:
    -Tezuka would think "i still have SKK (without knowing Fuji can break tru it), why would i want to destroy my arm with ZSS?"

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ashore's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by redhairSH View Post
    Fuji countered pretty much all of Tezuka's moves except phantom, but that could be countered with 4th counter, cord ball, or maybe even a combination between the two, and the blind state enhances Fuji, it makes his senses sharper, so he would have been even better at countering Tezuka's moves

If it was real tezuka vs fuji, then Fuji would have the edge, only because the only move of Tezuka's that he wouldn't have been able to break is the ZSS, but he can't hit those too often because of the strain on his arm, so tezuka with no special moves against the sixth counter, sixth counter all the way
    i agree its been a while since i made this thread. others have made me see the light.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hardy's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by redhairSH View Post

Tezuka! Niou countered pretty much all of Fuji's moves except... nothing, he countered them all.

If it was a real Tezuka vs Fuji, then Tezuka would have the edge, only because he has better stats (therefore a better rally) and ZSS, and Fuji should be forced to use weak shots in order to seal Hyakuren's potential.

---------- Post added at 12:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:10 PM ----------

But Niou! Tezuka doesn't have Tezuka's stats, so that doesn't count. Fuji > Tezuka! Niou, obviously

I wasn't satisfied with the match because... well, as we said 40 times before, Niou could had turned into something else (SANADA) after realising that Shiraishi wouldn't work.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hardy View Post
    I wasn't satisfied with the match because... well, as we said 40 times before, Niou could had turned into something else (SANADA) after realising that Shiraishi wouldn't work.
    What makes you think he can/could use Rai? Niou had to learn a lot of Tezuka's moves which are all high level ones, it's very possible that he didn't have the time to learn the techniques of another character on the same level.

Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

What makes you think that Sanada needs Rai in order to beat Fuji?

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, the real Sanada might not, but just like Niou wasn't the real Tezuka, he wouldn't have been the real Sanada either.

Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, and even though he wasn't the real Tezuka, he managed to be 5-1 against Fuji. He only needs 1 game against Fuji. He could just spam everything Sanada has (except Rai) and try to take the win, instead of staying as Shiraishi and losing the match because he can't return 6th counter.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Jyten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

He may not have prepared Sanada's illusion for Fuji. It could take too long. And by the time he prepares it properly he might've lost. Either way, it is kinda silly. Niou's whole illusion thing is BS in my mind.

Plus, Shiraishi did beat Fuji, I don't think it was a bad attempt. Most people tend to be weaker against people they just lost to. Mental states and what not.

I think his best bet would've become Ryoma. Only because Konomi forces the fact that Ryoma cannot lose no matter in a shown match (except to his dad). So long as Niou keeps the match on screen Niou(Ryoma) aka NEO RYOMA wins. <3 Fourth wall. Oh man that was bad...
    Dang, starting to get too old for manga and anime....

Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Why would it take long for him to turn into Sanada? He INMEDIATLY turned into Shiraishi, why wouldn't he be able to do the same with a guy he trains with every freaking day of the year for the last 3 years?

6th counter rapes Shiraishi

And... Fuji is prolly better than Ryoma without TnK

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Jyten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Why would it take long for him to turn into Sanada? He INMEDIATLY turned into Shiraishi, why wouldn't he be able to do the same with a guy he trains with every freaking day of the year for the last 3 years?
    Well, he has to prepare his forms against his opponents. Given I don't think Niou could do a perfect impression of Sanada. I think it was actually easier to imitate characters like Tezuka and Shiraishi as they are mostly just good all around with moves that are very technical. Like I don't see Niou performing Ka very well. As even Kirihara with muga buff couldn't do it. And Kirihara is around twice as strong as Niou (donno given stat age).

He could probably do Rin, Fuu, and Zan though. But I'm not sure that would've helped against Fuji. I think he really needed Ka or Rai. Both I don't see him doing with his lack luster strength. Like a can pretend to be a power lifter. But unless the weights are made of foam. I'm not tricking anyone no matter how good of a trickster I am.

6th counter rapes Shiraishi
    Donno with golden gauntlet power up he might be strong enough to return 5th counter with out hitting the net.

And... Fuji is prolly better than Ryoma without TnK
    4th WALL TOO STRONG! Plus, non Tnk Ryoma beat Atobe. I don't see Fuji standing up to Atobe.
    Dang, starting to get too old for manga and anime....

Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jyten View Post
    He could probably do Rin, Fuu, and Zan though. But I'm not sure that would've helped against Fuji. I think he really needed Ka or Rai. Both I don't see him doing with his lack luster strength. Like a can pretend to be a power lifter. But unless the weights are made of foam. I'm not tricking anyone no matter how good of a trickster I am.
    Rin should counter almost everything Fuji has. Zan should be impenetrable by Fuji. Fuu should finish the point and give him the winner. I dunno how that isn't enough :/

Donno with golden gauntlet power up he might be strong enough to return 5th counter with out hitting the net.
    I was talking about Nationals! Shiraishi. I have no doubt that right now he'd return it cleanly.

non Tnk Ryoma beat Atobe.
    Plot.

New Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast