Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/15/14 - 9/21/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply
Page 1 of 43 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: MINATO NAMIKAZE VS ALL-COMERS (EXCEPT SAGE)

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

MINATO NAMIKAZE VS ALL-COMERS (EXCEPT SAGE)

Why I think Minato Naikaze with just these jutsu will take on all:

Contract Seal
    Dead Demon Consuming Seal
    Eight Trigrams Sealing Style
    Flying Thunder God Technique
    Four Symbols Seal
    Rasengan
    Space–Time Barrier
    Summoning Technique (Toads)
    Summoning: Food Cart Destroyer Technique

Lets first establish some facts:

Fastest Ninja with FTG
    As fast as Raikage with out FTG
    reflex fast enough to react to "fastest man alive"
    A sace-time barrier that eats up offensive jutsu-redirect them to a place of his choosing
    A defensive barrier that the 3rd thought he couldn't break

People often complain about his lack of offensive jutsu but if you can't be touch and you can either dodge incoming attack or redirect them, do you really need a lot of offensive jutsu?

For example lets say he is fighting Kakashi does anyone think he isn't smart enough and fast enough to tag kakashi? and than what? unless I am misunderstanding minato's power couldn't he just suck u any ninjutsu and send it back to or near kakashi, at the very least put up a barrier the likes the 3rd felt he couldn't break? And it's not just Kakashi I can do this with a number of people. Not to say he will beat everyone but i find him to be the most effective ninja and I give him a better than not chance in any battle.

I don't think it's about the number of jutsu you have, case in point minato and tobi have pretty much trolled everyone who has stepped in front of them with like two moves. And this minato guy troll the biggest troll of them all in tobi with two moves, and tobi love him or hate him has made everyone from the kage's to sasuke to naruto look stupid with one move.
    Last edited by sylvesterrahim; March 25, 2012 at 10:30 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LnDRash's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: MINATO NAMIKAZE VS ALL-COMERS (EXCEPT SAGE)

Uhm... whats the point of this thread? Are we supposed to post people of which we think they can beat Minato and you are going to disprove our claims..? or what?

If thats so, then I'll make the start: Nidaime Mizukage
    Click here for what I consider the definition of "simply brilliant"

Quote Originally Posted by syx View Post
    He was once a very charismatic, kind, special and inspiring person. LnDRash was a premium brand, now this brand is called LnDTRash!

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

About that barrier you mentioned 2 times.
    3rd couldn’t brake minato's barrier, but he couldn’t brake sound's 4 barrier. Did he even show come ability to brake threw any barrier ?

And if You want nex example except for Second Mizukage, i can say Second Tsuchikage - Muu ( or Mu ? )
    Quote Quote:
    LoL Kotoamatsuki pwn Sasuke to be a bunny

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted xXan's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Ermm as LnDRash said what is the point of this topic? You really lost me. What you whant a list with people who can beat him? The list is long but i will try to post some (even some who are debateble in winning):

1-Naruto (stomps)
    2-Itachi (stomps)
    3-Sasuke (easy win)
    4-Bee
    5-Raikage
    6-Nagato (stomps)
    7-Pein
    8-JMan (if he starts in SM).
    9-Tobi (curent version absolutly stomps)
    10-Madara (curent version stomps).
    11-We don't have feats but aparently Hashirama was God incarnate and Madara has some tipe of fetish with the man.
    12- Kabuto
    13-Tsukikage
    14-The 3'th Raikage.

And more but i got bored.

Quote Quote:
    As fast as Raikage with out FTG
    ?? No. He would be dead right now if he could not teleport out of Raikage's way.

Quote Quote:
    A defensive barrier that the 3rd thought he couldn't break
    That was Kushina's barrier.

EDIT: The wormhole barrier can only be used vs a long range projectile like the biju blast that takes time to be used and then it needs to travel a good distance. Minato needs to do handseals so he would die from Amaterasu or Kamui before he can use it (perhaps he could teleport out of the way but its a BIG perhaps).
    The rest of the post in fanpowa for Minato.

Edit 2: mistake with 3'th Hokage and its actualy 3'th Raikage.
    Last edited by xXan; March 26, 2012 at 09:33 AM.

5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

^ your list suck with the exception of current Madra no body you list can beat minato and certainly wont "stomp" him, none on that list can even touch him so I am not sure how they beat him or for that matter "stomp"

1. Naruto- minato with FTG minato is still faster and a heck of alot smarter, would be interesting fight but I wouldn't say anybody would "stump" any one

2. Itachi-Sasuke- Fights with uchiha's are so hard in these forums because it goes like this, uchiha vs random, uchiha use genjutsu fight is over, it's so annoying, I happen to think that a ninja with Minato's skill will not be so easily catch by genjutsu, we know tobi is capable of very powerful genjutsu and yet for what ever reason did not use them on minato, not out of choice i am sure his first plan wasn't to retreat that day, I am not sure how you cast a genjutsu on someone so fast and being as intelligent as we know he is I am sure he will keep moving.

3. Bee-Raikage- don't we already know how this turn out? I mean if minato wanted to he could have forgo the speech and just killed bee and than dealt with raikage.

4. Nagato- Don't know about "stomp" but this is an interesting fight that could play either way, they match up well, for example couldn't minato remove nagato's summons from his control, they both in a sense can absorb ninjutsu but one can send it back at you, none the less good fight not sure who would win.

5. Jman- does not matter how he starts I dont understand why you think he would win, do i even need to get in on this one.

6. Current tobi- hasn't done anything new, we don't know anything about his power, the last time it ended with out minato taking a hit.

7. current Madra- well duh he has got everybody's genes and can't die, it's hard for me to see any one person beating him, although subtract one of the kages right now for minato and they are way better of, i think we can both agree on that.

and the last three is just no no and no, we saw the 3rd in his prime and yet his plan was to hold kyuubi long enough for minato to show up, had it not been for minato wanting to plan for the future he would have stopped full power kyuubi and tobi that night without loosing his life. that's a fact.
    Last edited by sylvesterrahim; March 26, 2012 at 09:13 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Naruto2011's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

honestly with minato's repoirte he is honestly far stronge rthan what people give credit. There is the argument that he doesnt have the fire power, or genjutsu would stumpnhim, or whatever, but people fail to forget numerous times that kakashi and others have said that naruto is the only one that can surpass minato. Raikage thought he was a man who would never be surpassed. When naruto mentions the fourths name bee trembles. I believe anko remarked that orochikmaru would have never attacke dthe village had the fourth been alive. Since Madara he has been hyping the first hokage, while throughout the entire manga the fourth hokage has been throughout the entire manga. He's expertise is so that three people are needed to do his hiraishin jutsu, implying its complexity. People have a reason to be fans of minato, while its true he lacks the fire power that many shinobi has shown, but his array of jutsu makes it possible for him to over come that. As far as genjutsu goes, he is no dummy, it is common knowledge that he is highly analytical and to suggest he is simply going to fall under genjutsu easily is absurd

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

@sylvesterrahim

It sucks to Minato's fans who can't formulate even a proper OP.

Naruto- Faster in RM lvl 1 and WAY faster in RM lvl 2. Complete stomp.

Uchiha. Look at Minato and bam he is dead. Minato has 0 feats in genjutsu and the best he can get is common info on how to brake it and brains in figuring out he is in a genjutsu but considering what feats these 2 have with genjutsu Minato get's 1 shooted because of feats. Logic is this, if you whant a fanfic don't post here.

Bee-Raikage Minato never showed even something that can DAMGE Raikage. A kunai swing would just do nothing to Raikage and as for Bee it depends if he goes chakra mode from the start or close to. If he does that he wins as Minato can't damage him.

Nagato - > CT and over.

JMan If he starts in SM he is fast enough to keep up with Minato with his frogs on his shoulders to make it a fight. He could very well win.

Curent Tobi stomps. Rinnegan eyes, sharingan eyes, GM STATUE, Pein jutsu with biju in them etc, etc. He stomps.

Kabuto could win as Minato can't kill him. Kabuto would just go puddle mode. Tsuk could fly up and blast the entire area before Minato can put up his warmhole. As for 3'th Hokage i made a mistake, i wanted to state 3'th RAIKGE that Minato can't even harm.
    Last edited by xXan; April 27, 2012 at 08:46 AM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

^ ok because of what you just said I would like to suggest a new concept in this forum it's called "the active participant clause" The clause dictates that if ninja A does something ninja B is allowed to respond. No more Uchiha look ninja B in the eye and the fight is over that is so dumb, that spits in the face of everything we know about the manga, that says madra never lost to the first when we know he did. I will get more detail about this clause I am tired of this dumb agrument as if people are just standing still waiting to loose. so dumb

11. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Hashirama vs. Madara doesn't matter because A) we know nothing about their fights except they happened and B) Hashirama has mass wood-clones, which unlike other clones are organic, so they can possibly be used as partners to bust Hashirama out of Genjutsu.

He was once a very charismatic, kind, special and inspiring person. LnDRash was a premium brand, now this brand is called LnDTRash!

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

^ speculation on your part, but what we do know given the history of the ninja world is that genjutsu did't mean you win every battle, being uchiha didn't mean you win every battle. If that was the case the fight between uchiha and senju must have been very one sided and from what we've been told it wasn't like that in any event "the active participant clause" dictates that someone of minato intelligent, skills and speed will not be easily taken by genjutsu given what we know of him.
    Last edited by sylvesterrahim; March 26, 2012 at 10:17 AM.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member syx's Avatar
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sylvesterrahim View Post
    2. Itachi-Sasuke- Fights with uchiha's are so hard in these forums because it goes like this, uchiha vs random, uchiha use genjutsu fight is over, it's so annoying, I happen to think that a ninja with Minato's skill will not be so easily catch by genjutsu, we know tobi is capable of very powerful genjutsu and yet for what ever reason did not use them on minato, not out of choice i am sure his first plan wasn't to retreat that day, I am not sure how you cast a genjutsu on someone so fast and being as intelligent as we know he is I am sure he will keep moving.
    The problem is that the Uchiha Brothers trapped countless top tier ninjas in their Genjutsu. They somehow "deserve" credit for their feats against very strong opponents. Minato on the other hand never had to deal with Genjutsu. But why should we give him more credit than other top tier ninjas?

Itachi one-shotted the Sannin Orochimaru with a regular Sharingan Genjutsu. Orochimaru was also called a genius. In fact Hiruzen wanted Orochimaru as his successor for the Kage position over Minato. Moreover Orochimaru researched a lot about all kind of Jutsus (especially the Sharingan) and the Databook states (with a 5 in Genjutsu) that he is more or less well versed with Genjutsu.
    In Orochimaru we have a genius with huge experience and knowledge about Jutsus.

Kurenai is a Genjutsu expert (she has also a 5 in Genjutsu). She was caught by her own Genjutsu (Itachi easily reversed it). Without Kakashi or Itachi being a good guy, she would be dead right now.

Itachi one-shotted Kakashi with Tsukuyomi. Kakashi, who is also a genius and well known around the ninja world. The ninja alliance and Konoha accepted him as the next Hokage. On top of that, Kakashi is equipped with a damn Sharingan and he had no answer against Tsukuyomi.

Deidara who successfully caught Gaara (Kazekage) was no match against Itachis regular Genjutsu. Once more -> one-shotted.

Bee, one of the strongest ninjas, was caught twice (by Sasuke & Itachi) in a Genjutsu and he managed to break it only because of his Bijuu.

Danzou (inofficial 6th Hokage) was also caught in a Genjutsu twice, despite having countless Sharingans on his arm. And the second Genjutsu of Sasuke turned the tide of the fight in his favor.

For the record:
    • Orochimaru (Sannin, genius, nearly became the 4th Hokage, huge knowledge about the Sharingan) = one shotted by a regular Sharingan Genjutsu
    • Kurenai (Genjutsu expert) = was caught easily by her own Genjutsu
    • Kakashi (nearly became Hokage, Sharingan-User, genius, huge knowledge about the Sharingan) = one shotted by Tsukuyomi
    • Deidara (more or less Kage Level) = one shotted by a regular Sharingan Genjutsu
    • Bee (one of the strongest ninjas) = was caught twice in a Genjutsu, could only get out because of Hachibi
    • Danzou (inofficial Hokage, experienced as hell, had a dozen Sharingans activated) = was caught twice, the second one lead to his death

It's not like Itachi & Sasuke only caught Genins in their Genjutsu. All of them are either top tier ninjas, equipped with really good counters against Genjutsu or are Genjutsu experts.

Why should I give Minato (who is my favourite character with Itachi) more credit than other top tier ninjas? Minato has no Bijuu, no Sharingan, didn't show any offensive or defensive Genjutsu feats whereas the Uchiha Brothers have shown the ability to catch top tier ninjas in a Genjutsu.
    Last edited by syx; March 26, 2012 at 11:06 AM.
    • ⁞ Signature by ThePowha ⁞ •

• ⁞ Tower of God Section136th FloorToG Section's Lighthouse ⁞ •

15. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 7 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

^ valid point how ever minato was someone who didnt prolong fights, ended them with his speed as soon as he could, this shouldn't be an excuse but all those ppl let their guard down, oro was cocky, bee was complacent, and kakashi was clearless thinking he could fight of itachi genjutsu, we've never seen minato act that way, he is always on guard and analytical about a sitaution. Can you close your eyes and honestly see Minato be caught in a genjutsu, the man never made a wasted move and never did anything for no reason. I see what your saying but minato is different from all those guys. I would go as far as to say Minato is the smartest ninja shown in the manga in terms of using his jutsu effectively in combat.
    Last edited by sylvesterrahim; March 26, 2012 at 11:10 AM.

Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

^ ok because of what you just said I would like to suggest a new concept in this forum it's called "the active participant clause" The clause dictates that if ninja A does something ninja B is allowed to respond. No more Uchiha look ninja B in the eye and the fight is over that is so dumb, that spits in the face of everything we know about the manga, that says madra never lost to the first when we know he did. I will get more detail about this clause I am tired of this dumb agrument as if people are just standing still waiting to loose. so dumb
    Again more nonsense? Provide evidence of Minato's skill in fighting off genjutsu. I can provide a big list of TOP TIER ninja that got owned by genjutsu. You aparently can't comprehend logic but you state other people oppinions are dumb and suck.

Now again, post evidence of Minato's skill in fighting genjutsu (Manga panels) or stop posting ilogical arguments with no proof.

Yes as long as you got NO FEATS for Minato in genjutsu then he get's owned like any other top tier ninja that got owned by Itachi's genjutsu and even Sasuke... Even Bee would be captured right now if not for the 8 tails busting out and last time i cheked Minato does not have that so the moment he makes eye contact he is out. Also no he is not fighting by looking at the feet as only Gai can do that and by doing that he is not going to notice the Amaterasu forming in his face before he is incinerated.

^ valid point how ever minato was someone who didnt prolong fights, ended them with his speed as soon as he could, this shouldn't be an excuse but all those ppl let their guard down, oro was cocky, bee was complacent, and kakashi was clearless thinking he could fight of itachi genjutsu, we've never seen minato act that way, he is always on guard and analytical about a sitaution. Can you close your eyes and honestly see Minato be caught in a genjutsu, the man never made a wasted move and never did anything for no reason. I see what your saying but minato is different from all those guys. I would go as far as to say Minato is the smartest ninja shown in the serious in terms of using his jutsu effectively in combat.
    Irrelevant, he can't end the fight fast enough. Susano. He can't do shit to get trough Susano.
    Last edited by xXan; March 26, 2012 at 10:58 AM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

^ relax I am sorry for calling you dumb but we can disagree with out making it personal. the absent of evidence isn't evidence for something else, I can't prove that god exist but can you prove he doesn't? What I do know is that Tobi who genjutsu can control kyuubi (a feat said to be done only by madra) and control a kage was forced to retreat without using any genjutsu, he clearly did not have the time for whatever reason, and this is the only evidence we have of him fighting an "uchiha"

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

There is no speculation in my post. I said Hashirama vs. Madara doesn't matter because we know nothing about their fights, nothing at all. Hashirama could have been completely immune to genjutsu and there is no way for us to know if this is true or not. Thats why saying "because Hasirama can fight genjutsu, Minato can do that too!" is complete nonsense.

The only part which would be speculation is the part about the Mokuton clones, but I didn't state that as a fact, but merely as an example of a possible way how Hashirama could have defended against genjutsu, which I derived from the actual abilities Hashirama had.

Can you do the same for Minato? Did he display any ability at all which could potentially be used to defend against genjutsu? I'd say the answer is no... and yet you are the one who claims Minato won't fall for genjutsu... THATS the true baseless speculation here.

New Reply
Page 1 of 43 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast