Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128
New Reply
Page 2 of 43 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 645

Thread: MINATO NAMIKAZE VS ALL-COMERS (EXCEPT SAGE)

  1. #16
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted xXan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Romania
    Age
    30
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,401
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: MINATO NAMIKAZE VS ALL-COMERS (EXCEPT SAGE)

    Quote Originally Posted by sylvesterrahim View Post
    ^ relax I am sorry for calling you dumb but we can disagree with out making it personal. the absent of evidence isn't evidence for something else, I can't prove that god exist but can you prove he doesn't? What I do know is that Tobi who genjutsu can control kyuubi (a feat said to be done only by madra) and control a kage was forced to retreat without using any genjutsu, he clearly did not have the time for whatever reason, and this is the only evidence we have of him fighting an "uchiha"
    This is bad logic. I am sorry but Minato's lack of feats is not working in his favor. I don't need to prove it, you need to prove that he can take genjutsu. What if i would state Sasuke can sneeze the planet appart and then tell you to prove me wrong with panels from where he sneezes and that does not happen? Sry but in the Tournament on these forums the rules where the same(made by mods), caracters are only able do to things they where showed to be able to do, pic or panel in the manga.

    As for the Tobi's argument multiple factors can be used:

    1-He was already holding the Kyuubi in genjutsu so another genjutsu? Its a little absurd.
    2-He does not use genjutsu in the middle of his fights, he does not even have MS to use tsukiyomi like Sasuke and Itachi can. Even vs Konan and he used genjutsu at the end. Hell how about Danzou's bodyguards? Same story.

    PS. If you whant to keep it civil don't call other people oppinions as dumb and that they suck and so on. You asked (or so i belive as your OP is not stated what you wanted to say) that you whant a list wih people that can take on Minato and even take him down then i posted that. If you don't agree that is one thing, starting to state my oppinion sucks is another.
    Also i can make a case for all of those on how they can win, can you about Minato? For instance how is he damaging Raikage?

  2. #17
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Country
    United States
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    152
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: MINATO NAMIKAZE VS ALL-COMERS (EXCEPT SAGE)

    ^ why did tobi who genjutsu is about as strong as we've seen retreat, not by choose it ruin his plan, so tell me why he retreat if he could have just as easily genjutsu minato.

    I see your post about tobi although he had lost control of kyuubi so to save his plan he could have dealt with minato than but anyway.

    which raikage are you talking about if it's the one with the ultimate defense I would agrue he would in a similar way naruto did.


    I would say your agrument is flawed because the 1st hokage has not shown any genjutsu feat that we've seen, we just know he beat madra but are you willing to tell me he would loose to sasuke?

    and to me tobi normal genjutsu seems more powerful than itachi's ms after all it ended konan's life

    and outside of kakashi passing out or tobi (who minato beat) genjutsu has never knock out anyone, it certainly place ppl in bad positions but it's never ended a fight, unless you count oro vs sasuke for control of sasuke's body.
    Last edited by sylvesterrahim; March 26, 2012 at 11:41 AM.

  3. #18
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted xXan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Romania
    Age
    30
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,401
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: MINATO NAMIKAZE VS ALL-COMERS (EXCEPT SAGE)

    @sylvesterrahim


    Tobi at that point was already injured. Also why he chosed to leave? Don't know and its not really relevant. Tobi was not showed as a master genjutsu dude using that on the fly in combat, Sasuke and Itachi have been with clear feats AND they have MS genjutsu. Now you keep going on and on with Tobi show me Tobi's feat in genjutsu in the middle of a fight. Tobi has crep ones at best, only when Konan was crippled and exhausted is when he used genjutsu.

    The last Raikage, the one he had to fight in the forest with Bee. Tell me how he can damage current Raikage.

    Quote Quote:
    I would say your agrument is flawed because the 1st hokage has not shown any genjutsu feat that we've seen, we just know he beat madra but are you willing to tell me he would loose to sasuke?
    As long as we don't know how he was able to do so then YES. We actualy do have a somewhat of a counter from him in the form of wood clones and he at least has a super OP genjutsu in that total darkness stuff.

    Quote Quote:
    and to me tobi normal genjutsu seems more powerful than itachi's ms after all it ended konan's life
    Oh this is so wrong... First off of course Itachi MS genjutsu is LEAPS AND BOUNDS above that. He can control time and can't be broken even by outside interferance, Itachi genjutsu is on a completely diferent level... Then Tobi just stated that her life is going to end when the genjutsu ends... this could mean that he is going to kill her with whatever tool when that is done. You need to torture the victim over a long time to give him enough mental damage so they die... A few seconds or minutes is not going to do shit. Genjutsu can't kill like that, only using it like Itachi and torturing the victim over 3 days or whatever would it do that.

  4. #19
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member syx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    ҂136th Floor
    Country
    Turkey
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    875
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: MINATO NAMIKAZE VS ALL-COMERS (EXCEPT SAGE)

    Quote Originally Posted by sylvesterrahim View Post
    ^ why did tobi who genjutsu is about as strong as we've seen retreat, not by choose it ruin his plan, so tell me why he retreat if he could have just as easily genjutsu minato.

    I see your post about tobi although he had lost control of kyuubi so to save his plan he could have dealt with minato than but anyway.
    Tobi already lost his trump card (Kyuubi), was hit and tagged by Minato. He never thought that could happen to him on this day. His plan failed. So why should he go for Genjutsu, when he knew that he already lost? He would just risk his life or his Sharingan for Izanagi, if it turns out that Minato can also break out of (high level) Genjutsu. Tobi thought twice (here and here) that he won over Minato and he was proven wrong.
    Why continuing a fight where you can't gain anything?

    That's my thought.

  5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  6. #20
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Country
    United States
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    152
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: MINATO NAMIKAZE VS ALL-COMERS (EXCEPT SAGE)

    I do however think ppl put too much stock in genjutsu as it's ended one maybe two fights total.

    we going have to disagree about tobi's genjutsu, I mean he has done some pretty impressive stuff with a normal sharingan
    Last edited by sylvesterrahim; March 26, 2012 at 11:54 AM.

  7. #21
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LnDRash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Eorzea
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,374
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: MINATO NAMIKAZE VS ALL-COMERS (EXCEPT SAGE)

    Thats how it works:

    If you want to make a claim character A is going to beat character B, first thing you need to do is to make a complete list of character B's offensive and defensive abilities. Then you need to take a look at character A' abilities and find answers for how he's going to deal with every single one of character B's abilities.

    If you run into some ??? during this process, then you have a BIG problem.

    Don't like that? Well thats too bad... I'd also love to claim Tsunade is going to beat Raikage, because I happen to like her while I dislike the latter... but thats not going to happen any time soon, because she hasn't shown any answers for Raikage's speed.

    Thats just the way it is and it makes sense... so deal with it.
    Last edited by LnDRash; March 26, 2012 at 11:58 AM.
    Click here for what I consider the definition of "simply brilliant"

    Quote Originally Posted by syx View Post
    He was once a very charismatic, kind, special and inspiring person. LnDRash was a premium brand, now this brand is called LnDTRash!

  8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  9. #22
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Delbi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Fighting for the Living
    Country
    The Wall
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,672
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: MINATO NAMIKAZE VS ALL-COMERS (EXCEPT SAGE)

    Fact of the matter is, even disreguarding genjutsu, Minato lacks the offensive power to defeat many ninja, mainly Kabuto, Hashirama, 3rd Raikage, Naruto, etc. So until he shows something other than a Rasengan or a wind powered kunai, he simply can't defeat many ninja because he lacks the ability to kill them.
    "The line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?” - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

  10. #23
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted xXan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Romania
    Age
    30
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,401
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: MINATO NAMIKAZE VS ALL-COMERS (EXCEPT SAGE)

    Quote Originally Posted by Delbi View Post
    Fact of the matter is, even disreguarding genjutsu, Minato lacks the offensive power to defeat many ninja, mainly Kabuto, Hashirama, 3rd Raikage, Naruto, etc. So until he shows something other than a Rasengan or a wind powered kunai, he simply can't defeat many ninja because he lacks the ability to kill them.
    I don't remember Minato showing the ability to use a kunai with wind on it, for that matter i don't even remember anybody stating Minato has futon, yes its asumed because if was stated he is going to add his element to Rasengan but i don't remember as having any of that.

    Even the 4'th Raikage and i have no idea how he is damaging him trough that cloack... That shield was showed to be able to take SM rasengan from Naruto and keep Amaterasu away for some time.

  11. #24
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Country
    United States
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    152
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: MINATO NAMIKAZE VS ALL-COMERS (EXCEPT SAGE)

    ^ I dont understand where you guys get this idea he can't hurt them, 3rd raikage is a problem but do we think he wouldn't have been able to come up with what naruto came up with? he already has the reflexes for it.

    and holy shit if we not going to believe the 4th raikage when he says minato is "stronger" and he didn't think anyone would surpase him who do we believe?

    http://www.mangareader.net/naruto/541/8
    Last edited by sylvesterrahim; March 26, 2012 at 12:08 PM.

  12. #25
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted xXan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Romania
    Age
    30
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,401
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: MINATO NAMIKAZE VS ALL-COMERS (EXCEPT SAGE)

    Quote Originally Posted by sylvesterrahim View Post
    ^ I dont understand where you guys get this idea he can't hurt them, 3rd raikage is a problem but do we think he wouldn't have been able to come up with what naruto came up with? he already has the reflexes for it.
    First off he does not have strenght of SM Naruto that can put huge summons into orbit and slam the bloody Kuubi with his bare hands around... Then he is not able to add senjutsu chakra to his rasengan like Naruto, then he does not have the INSANE senses Naruto in SM has to allow Raikage to get at point blank range before doing that. Sry but there is no way in hell he can reproduce this.

    Let's use the 4'th Raikage (last one, curent one) how is he going to damage him? Rasengan? Naruto tried SM Rasengan and that shield was able to take it, a kunai swing(like Minato used vs Raikage in the Manga)? LOL no.

  13. #26
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LnDRash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Eorzea
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,374
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: MINATO NAMIKAZE VS ALL-COMERS (EXCEPT SAGE)

    At the very least questionable...

    Naruto got a fair amount of informations on Sandaime Raikage thanks to Dodai and the Hachibi.

    Minato isn't going to have such benefits.
    Click here for what I consider the definition of "simply brilliant"

    Quote Originally Posted by syx View Post
    He was once a very charismatic, kind, special and inspiring person. LnDRash was a premium brand, now this brand is called LnDTRash!

  14. #27
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted xXan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Romania
    Age
    30
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,401
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: MINATO NAMIKAZE VS ALL-COMERS (EXCEPT SAGE)

    @sylvesterrahim

    Quote Quote:
    and holy shit if we not going to believe the 4th raikage when he says minato is "stronger" and he didn't think anyone would surpase him who do we believe?

    http://www.mangareader.net/naruto/541/8
    Right and Nagato stated he is God and Konan was sttated to be an angel of the Lord... You actualy think Madara, Tobi, The Sage, Nagato and so on are not stronger then him? He was just refering to Minato's speed.

  15. #28
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Country
    United States
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    152
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: MINATO NAMIKAZE VS ALL-COMERS (EXCEPT SAGE)

    ^ not a problem, he figured out tobi fast he would do the same to the raikage, it was said after seeing something once he knew the strength and weakness of it.

    Stronger? yes they have by far more powerful offensive jutsu I was just making the claim that minato is like the joker in the deck his abilities allow him to compete with just about anybody.

  16. #29
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted xXan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Romania
    Age
    30
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,401
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: MINATO NAMIKAZE VS ALL-COMERS (EXCEPT SAGE)

    Quote Originally Posted by sylvesterrahim View Post
    ^ not a problem, he figured out tobi fast he would do the same to the raikage, it was said after seeing something once he knew the strength and weakness of it.

    Stronger? yes they have by far more powerful offensive jutsu I was just making the claim that minato is like the joker in the deck his abilities allow him to compete with just about anybody.
    People keep asking you this and you keep avoiding it. How can he get trough there defences? His best attacks would bounce off...
    Also asuming he would figure that out about the 3'th Raikage he could not replicate Naruto's feat because of the points i made above.

  17. #30
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Country
    United States
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    152
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: MINATO NAMIKAZE VS ALL-COMERS (EXCEPT SAGE)

    ^ I am sorry i missed your point, naruto needed sage mode so he can sense the punch and react in time, I believe minato has the speed and reflexs it takes to finish the raikage might take some time but the fact is minato has options RAIKAGE HAS NO WAY WHATS SO EVER TO TOUCH MINATO. weather minato will have to tag his elbow and than attack or whatever but i can paint how he would win, now you tell me how the 3rd raikage does anything to minato.

    To me attack first type are the best possible fight for minato, they going to get burn, Minato will have trouble with like your Itachi type not just cause of genjutsu
    Last edited by sylvesterrahim; March 26, 2012 at 12:32 PM.

New Reply
Page 2 of 43 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts