Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 3 of 43 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 645

Thread: MINATO NAMIKAZE VS ALL-COMERS (EXCEPT SAGE)

  1. #31
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted xXan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Romania
    Age
    30
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,941
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: MINATO NAMIKAZE VS ALL-COMERS (EXCEPT SAGE)

    Quote Originally Posted by sylvesterrahim View Post
    ^ I am sorry i missed your point, naruto needed sage mode so he can sense the punch and react in time, I believe minato has the speed and reflexs it takes to finish the raikage might take some time but the fact is minato has options RAIKAGE HAS NO WAY WHATS SO EVER TO TOUCH MINATO. weather minato will have to tag his elbow and than attack or whatever but i can paint how he would win, now you tell me how the 3rd raikage does anything to minato
    You again failed to tell me how Minato is going to damage any of the Raikage (3 and 4) trough there shield. Then how is the 3'th going to win? Simple, outlast Minato till he drops from exhaustion.

    Also the 4'th Raikage found a tactic to get around teleportation but we never got to see if it would actualy work.

  2. #32
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Country
    United States
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    152
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: MINATO NAMIKAZE VS ALL-COMERS (EXCEPT SAGE)

    ^ how did i fail, why couldnt he he attack 3 raikage like naruto did? and the 4th plan was to see where he landed and attack fast, but of cause minato was one step ahead of him just like he has been every time we've seen him, first of all he doesn't even need the kunai's he could just make the surrounding which will make it a hell of alot harder to follow him, and outlasting isn't a tactical plan that will work, hell if you want to play that I can just say anytime minato is about to loose he just ftg home thus the best you can do against him is draw.

    As for the 4th raikage I don't buy that a rasengan to the head isnt enough, do the shield protect him yes but as we saw with sasuke attack can still get by, and a rasengan you don't see coming would hurt.
    Last edited by sylvesterrahim; March 26, 2012 at 12:54 PM.

  3. #33
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted xXan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Romania
    Age
    30
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,941
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: MINATO NAMIKAZE VS ALL-COMERS (EXCEPT SAGE)

    Quote Originally Posted by sylvesterrahim View Post
    ^ how did i fail, why couldnt he he attack 3 raikage like naruto did? and the 4th plan was to see where he landed and attack fast, but of cause minato was one step ahead of him just like he has been every time we've seen him, first of all he doesn't even need the kunai's he could just make the surrounding which will make it a hell of alot harder to follow him, and outlasting isn't a tactical plan that will work, hell if you want to play that I can just say anytime minato is about to loose he just ftg home thus the best you can do against him is draw.
    Again, that tactic does not work as Naruto in SM not only has insane senses (above Minato by a good margine) but also insane STG TO MOVE HIS ARM. Minato slaming a rasengan in the 3'th hand would do nothing.
    Do you understand the diference in stg from SM to normal mode? One allows you to slam the Kyuubi about like a doll.
    Then do you understand the diference from SM enchanced Rasengan to normal Rasengan? Naruto needed that insane stg + that extra power from having his rasengan powered by senjutsu chakra to move his hand...

    Then aside from using his own jutsu what can Minato do to get trough the 3'th or the 4'th Raikage shield. Then you can try to do the same about Susano. So post the list of jutsus that could penetrated those shields.

  4. #34
    MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Uchiha_Blood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Country
    Italy
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,703
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: MINATO NAMIKAZE VS ALL-COMERS (EXCEPT SAGE)

    Quote Originally Posted by sylvesterrahim View Post
    ^ how did i fail, why couldnt he he attack 3 raikage like naruto did? and the 4th plan was to see where he landed and attack fast, but of cause minato was one step ahead of him just like he has been every time we've seen him, first of all he doesn't even need the kunai's he could just make the surrounding which will make it a hell of alot harder to follow him, and outlasting isn't a tactical plan that will work, hell if you want to play that I can just say anytime minato is about to loose he just ftg home thus the best you can do against him is draw.

    As for the 4th raikage I don't buy that a rasengan to the head isnt enough, do the shield protect him yes but as we saw with sasuke attack can still get by, and a rasengan you don't see coming would hurt.
    We see in recent chapters that Sage Mode has enormous sensing abilites, sensing abilities which Minato doesn't have.
    Nor does he have the Hachibi and Dodai to magically tell him info.

    That said, Minato can't win against a Susano'o user unless said Susano'o user hasn't any info on him, same with a shrouded Naruto which withstanded a lot of attacks without a scratch.

    I concur that not many shinobi can take the Yondaime, yet the ones with great tanking capacity or overpowered capacity can do it imho.
    No one stomps him because is hella fast, ultra smart and has annyoing jutsus, yet he can't take everybody despite Kishimoto making him and Itachi damned Mary Sues.

  5. #35
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Country
    United States
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    152
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: MINATO NAMIKAZE VS ALL-COMERS (EXCEPT SAGE)

    let me ask all of you a question, isn't kind of dumb to go against the author of the manga? I mean it's his world after all, I take his statements to be minato is top 5 of all time.


    Masashi Kishimoto Interview (About Minato) - March 2008
    NARUTO │ BLEACH │ ONE PIECE

    This is a late post from March 2008 Shonen Jump

    SJ = Shonen Jump
    MK = Masashi Kishimoto

    SJ: There's many rumours regarding Madara being the absolute final villain. Is this true?

    MK: Madara being the final villain is yet to be seen and I can't let that information out just yet. But he will play a big part as a villain, that's for sure.

    SJ: Now that it's officially known that Yondaime is Naruto's father, will you show more of Minato?

    MK: Yes, definitly. I actually wanted to reveal more about Yondaime earlier, but other characters were in development and some fights still had to be dealt with.

    SJ: While we're at it... could you please tell us if Minato was the strongest shinobi that ever lived?

    MK: Hmmm, it's a tricky question. As far as dead shinobis goes, then yes, he's the strongest. I'd say that Sandaime shares the number one spot with him. As far as living shinobis goes... well, without going into many details I'd have to say no. There's a couple of shinobis whose stronger than him.

    SJ: Now that Itachi seems to be dead, what is Kisame going to do now?

    MK: Kisame has always come off as a sidevillain whose only purpose is to travel along Itachi. But to my surprise, Kisame has gone from an unpopular character to someone whose more popular than Deidara after the Gai-fight. I won't say too much, but Kisame is a character that wont die anytime soon. I will definitly develop on his character more and possibly make him...

    SJ: Make him what?

    MK: It's a surprise.

  6. #36
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LnDRash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Eorzea
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,379
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: MINATO NAMIKAZE VS ALL-COMERS (EXCEPT SAGE)

    Just because he's the "strongest" among the dead ninja's doesn't mean he can beat all of them. Matchups matter a lot and if a "weaker" opponent has the right abilities and skillset he can potentially stomp opponents which would be considered as much better overall.

    Not to mention Kishi likes to change his mind a lot... first the Sandaime was the strongest, then Minato and now Hashirama.

    And regardless of that, Kishi even said it himself in the interview you posted:

    Quote Quote:
    ...As far as living shinobis goes... well, without going into many details I'd have to say no. There's a couple of shinobis whose stronger than him.
    "Dead Shinobi's" at the time of this interview would include even the Rikudou Sennin, Madara and Hashirama...

    So no, its not dumb to disagree with the author when that same author keeps contradicting himself because his story is inconsistent.
    Last edited by LnDRash; March 26, 2012 at 03:52 PM.
    Click here for what I consider the definition of "simply brilliant"

    Quote Originally Posted by syx View Post
    He was once a very charismatic, kind, special and inspiring person. LnDRash was a premium brand, now this brand is called LnDTRash!

  7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  8. #37
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Country
    United States
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    152
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: MINATO NAMIKAZE VS ALL-COMERS (EXCEPT SAGE)

    ^ so kishi is wrong about his own manga, kishi has never said any of those other ppl you named were stronger ppl just assumed, the 3rd hokage was able to fend of the 1st and the 2nd, the same 1st that madra is in love with, now over time has kishi made the manga more flashy with big explosion and shit? yea but the idea still stands. he claims in his world 3rd and minato are amongst the strongest. just saying. As for the rikudou he was the first ninja and in that sense he was like a god but the first tv ever made is history its amazing its ground breaking but not as good as tv's made today. ppl just always assume just take the author at his word.
    Last edited by sylvesterrahim; March 26, 2012 at 04:00 PM.

  9. #38
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LnDRash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Eorzea
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,379
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: MINATO NAMIKAZE VS ALL-COMERS (EXCEPT SAGE)

    Yeah... ignore the matchups part... because thats like totally not important -.-

    And no... there are no assumptions. At first the Sandaime was the God of all Shinobi, then Minato was the man without equals which can never be surpassed... and finally we got Hashirama, who's also supposed to be without equals because he was so powerful that his powers are now considered a Fairy Tale, just like the Rikudou Sennin (who's above all).

    All of those statements come directly from the Manga, so again: It's not my fault when Kishi is inconsistent and changes his mind about "who's the most powerful ninja" on a weekly basis.

    And like I said: Matchups matter. For example if we assume Hashirama is the most powerful ever, Kabuto can potentially still mess him up badly thanks to the Mokuton Poison he developed. Being the "strongest" doesn't guarantee you the victory.
    Last edited by LnDRash; March 26, 2012 at 04:20 PM.
    Click here for what I consider the definition of "simply brilliant"

    Quote Originally Posted by syx View Post
    He was once a very charismatic, kind, special and inspiring person. LnDRash was a premium brand, now this brand is called LnDTRash!

  10. #39
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Country
    United States
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    152
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: MINATO NAMIKAZE VS ALL-COMERS (EXCEPT SAGE)

    ^no your wrong those statement were in the content of the manga through character perception. How ever this one kishi from his own mouth not through a proxy speaking on the behalf of his manga. A character in the manga can say he is the strongest and yet be proven wrong, this interview did not take place in the manga. see the difference?

  11. #40
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LnDRash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Eorzea
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,379
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: MINATO NAMIKAZE VS ALL-COMERS (EXCEPT SAGE)

    Then its still Kishi's failure when he can't portrait the characters the way he wants them to be.

    Not to mention there are a lot wrong things in Kishi's interviews. Just take a look at Sakura... according to Kishi's interviews that whole confession and "I'am going to kill Sasuke on my own" disaster was going to make her a heroine. Or take a look at all that stuff he keeps telling us about Kakashi. Or better: even that Kisame part from the interview you posted didn't actually come true.

    Kishi is inconsistent, even in those interviews, so you can't take his word for granted.

    And another example: How often did it happen some company announced "this is our best product ever!" and then that same product got only mediocre test results and ended up being a flop? You can claim somethings the best all you want, but if its not living up to those standarts then people will disagree...

    Readers are not to blame for using their brain... If Kishi tells us a guy who can spit some fire, summon some earth wall and wave around a staff is the strongest person ever, but later introduces a flying geezer who can stop meteors and nuke whole islands, then thats Kishi's problem.
    Last edited by LnDRash; March 26, 2012 at 04:57 PM.
    Click here for what I consider the definition of "simply brilliant"

    Quote Originally Posted by syx View Post
    He was once a very charismatic, kind, special and inspiring person. LnDRash was a premium brand, now this brand is called LnDTRash!

  12. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
  13. #41
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Country
    United States
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    152
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: MINATO NAMIKAZE VS ALL-COMERS (EXCEPT SAGE)

    ^ ok he has never protraited minato to be anything but a beast, in the few instances were we've seen him he has outclass what ever was in front of him, and if we are to believe the hype about the 1st hokage well than the 3rd hokage is really a god because he held him and the 2nd off. and this was past his prime i might add, so nothing that kishi has shows contradict his statement just because he is showing us what others characters can do and we are left wondering the full strength of the 3rd and 4th hokage. Wasn't it said that the first hokage knew every jutsu in konoha, wasn't it also said that after seeing a jutsu once minato can defeat it. All this talk about minato not having offensive jutsu is nonsense, clearly he has more than we've seen, we know he had at least one element so who knows, fact is kishi says they are the strongest so in a sense he could make up anything he wants for them to make it so. to argue against that is pointless
    Last edited by sylvesterrahim; March 26, 2012 at 07:57 PM.

  14. #42
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted ninjabot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Country
    United States
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,090
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: MINATO NAMIKAZE VS ALL-COMERS (EXCEPT SAGE)

    Quote Originally Posted by LnDRash
    There is no speculation in my post. I said Hashirama vs. Madara doesn't matter because we know nothing about their fights, nothing at all.

    In addition to this, Minato is incapable of doing alot of what Hashirama could. You can't just say "If Hashirama can do it, Minato can do it." We don't know if Minato had chakra reserves comperable to Hashirama, battlefield razing jutsu, Genjutsu defense, Genjutsu usage, durability, tajuu kage bunshin...

    All we know is he was fast. The fastest, sure... but he hasn't shown the kind of firepower needed to go toe to toe with someone like Madara at his peak.

    EDIT: Why the hell are Sages excluded? There are a metric ton of ninja out there capable of abominating a Sage Mode Naruto or Jiraiya, so it's not like it's a level of power no one can contend with. I leave Kabuto out of this because we have no idea how similar to Toad Sage Mode his mode is.

    DOUBLE EDIT: Anyone else notice that everyone on the forum has stopped calling Kabuto Kabutomaru? Did I not catch the memo?
    Last edited by ninjabot; March 26, 2012 at 08:07 PM.

  15. #43
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    32,494
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: MINATO NAMIKAZE VS ALL-COMERS (EXCEPT SAGE)

    Hashirama owns Minato. Speed is useless if Minato can't kill Hashirama.

    Itachi could own Minato. Genjutsu can freeze Minato while Amaterasu can take him out. Itachi doesn't even need to move. All Minato can do is use Hiraishin and try to get in closer to Itachi, but he'd have to slow Itachi's reaction time because of Sharingan.

    Sasuke could be the same. But if he uses Susano'o's arrows, it'd be a mistake since Minato would use Hiraishin. I don't think Sasuke's as fast as Itachi though, but he should be fast enough to keep up with Minato to a degree.

    Madara, even pre-VotE, would own Minato.

    RM Naruto would as well if Minato can't penetrate Naruto's defense.

    Orochimaru might, and unless Minato has a very powerful jutsu, Orochimaru will likely beat Minato. Minato hasn't shown any jutsu that can take on someone who can survive being split in half.

    Nagato might, but he's not smart enough, and Minato's smart nad fast. Dunno which way it'd go here, but I"d go with Minato. Hiraishin is the best "Get Out of Jail Free" card. Plus, Minato's actually a good shinobi.

  16. #44
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member NinjaStar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    644
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: MINATO NAMIKAZE VS ALL-COMERS (EXCEPT SAGE)

    @sylvesterrahim

    At some point you have to start listening to what everyone is telling you. Nobody but you is holding Minato to such high standards. Obviously there is a reason EVERYONE here is disagreeing with you. Yes Minato is strong but he just lacks stopping power and he just hasn't shown enough feats to to help prove your point. Kakashi was just kinda being nice i guess when he said the only person that could surpass minato is naruto. Like if Sasuke and Naruto are equals and naruto is above minato how is sasuke weaker than minato? Or anybody else that is more powerful than naruto currently(not many).

    He can't get through the 3rd raikage's shield because he lacks intel(does not know about the scar), doesn't have the destructive or necessary jutsu to hurt him(he got hit by a FRS and then got back up), and he can't hope to outlast him(buji level chakra).

  17. #45
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted xXan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Romania
    Age
    30
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,941
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: MINATO NAMIKAZE VS ALL-COMERS (EXCEPT SAGE)

    @ninjabot

    He was not refering to sages like Naruto in SM or JMan in SM but Rikudo Sennin... Or at least that is what i got, his OP as it is a mess and the tittle is not better, all caps and that sage part. You are not the only one to be confused :P

    @sylvesterrahim

    You are grabbing at straws, when the hole forum is telling you diferent it should tell you something. Minato is one of my favs but his limitations are there, he also does not need to beat the entire manga to be cool and for us to like him. You could also try the classical approach that Minato die hard fans like to use:

    He has 1000 jutsus, he can counter genjutsu, he can do x and y and z because he is Hokage (yes lots of people use that).

New Reply
Page 3 of 43 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts