Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 32 of 43 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 42 ... LastLast

Thread: MINATO NAMIKAZE VS ALL-COMERS (EXCEPT SAGE)

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted xXan's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: MINATO NAMIKAZE VS ALL-COMERS (EXCEPT SAGE)

Ok my list of people that would beat Minato or have a good chanse in doing so.

1-Sasuke wins easy.
    2-Itachi wins easy.
    3-Tobi stomps.
    4-Madara stomps.
    5-Hashirama.
    6-Bee
    7-Raikage. Don't give me that speed crep. Minato would lose in a prolonged fight with Raikage as he can't damage him and he will be the first 1 to run out of chakra as Raikage had biju levels of it.
    8-3'th Raikage. Same as above.
    9-Naruto stomps.
    10-Orochimaru.
    11-Kabuto stomps.
    12-Suigetsu.
    13-Those 2 brothers that had the Kyuubi chakra.
    14-Any other jinchuriki out there as long as they can go biju mode (chakra form).
    15-Niidaime Mizukage
    16-Kisame. Summon the water dome and Minato can't do anything as all his kunai would be underwater.
    17-Gaara.
    18-Gaara's father.
    19-Sasori.
    20-Nagato.
    21-Pein.
    22-Konan(nothing that he can do to damage her).
    23-Kakuzu.
    24-Perhaps Tsunade. She could defenetly survive a blitz.
    25-Juugo, perhaps.
    26-Kimimaro, as long as he is not half dead like in the manga so Minato just needs to buy time.
    27-Danzou if his hand is not sealed.
    28-Shisui, all he needs is a look.

Going to stop now but we probably got more :P

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Oathencrantz's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xXan View Post

1-Sasuke wins easy.
    2-Itachi wins easy.
    3-Tobi stomps.
    4-Madara stomps.
    5-Hashirama.
    6-Bee
    7-Raikage. Don't give me that speed crep. Minato would lose in a prolonged fight with Raikage as he can't damage him and he will be the first 1 to run out of chakra as Raikage had biju levels of it.
    8-3'th Raikage. Same as above.
    9-Naruto stomps.
    10-Orochimaru.
    11-Kabuto stomps.
    12-Suigetsu.
    13-Those 2 brothers that had the Kyuubi chakra.
    14-Any other jinchuriki out there as long as they can go biju mode (chakra form).
    15-Niidaime Mizukage
    16-Kisame. Summon the water dome and Minato can't do anything as all his kunai would be underwater.
    17-Gaara.
    18-Gaara's father.
    19-Sasori.
    20-Nagato.
    21-Pein.
    22-Konan(nothing that he can do to damage her).
    23-Kakuzu.
    24-Perhaps Tsunade. She could defenetly survive a blitz.
    25-Juugo, perhaps.
    26-Kimimaro, as long as he is not half dead like in the manga so Minato just needs to buy time.
    27-Danzou if his hand is not sealed.
    28-Shisui, all he needs is a look.

Going to stop now but we probably got more :P
    As much as I try to avoid threads involving Itachi and Minato, as they are the most overrated and annoying shinobi, around 40% of this list is absolutely ridiculous. There's reaching, Dhalsim and Mr Fantastic, and this list transcends.

Kimimaro? (as much as I'm a fan of this dude)
    Juugo?
    Ae?
    Tsunade?
    Konan?
    Gaara's Father?
    Suigetsu?
    Sasori?
    Kisame?
    Kinkaku and Ginkaku?
    Kakuzu?
    Any of the jinchuuriki? Really? Most of which have already been raped by Akatsuki? They're nothing special, apart from Bee and Naruto.

Naa, I must disagree. The rest, he'd give a challenge, if not, outright beat them.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Prince Sasuke's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Oathencrantz View Post
    As much as I try to avoid threads involving Itachi and Minato, as they are the most overrated and annoying shinobi, around 40% of this list is absolutely ridiculous. There's reaching, Dhalsim and Mr Fantastic, and this list transcends.

Juugo?
    Ae?
    Tsunade?
    Konan?
    Gaara's Father?
    Suigetsu?
    Sasori?
    Kisame?
    Kinkaku and Ginkaku?
    Kakuzu?
    Any of the jinchuuriki? Really? Most of which have already been raped by Akatsuki? They're nothing special, apart from Bee and Naruto.

Naa, I must disagree. The rest, he'd give a challenge, if not, outright beat them.
    I agree with you, the list is ridiculous. Out of the 28 i would say 10 only has a good chance of beating him.

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LnDRash's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    The bolded part is the part you guys are missing.

He never claimed all of those guys from his list would beat Minato, just that they stand a chance thanks to their abilities, which would allow them to survive a speedblitz attempt. Thus the outcome of those fights would be debatable.
    Click here for what I consider the definition of "simply brilliant"

Quote Originally Posted by syx View Post
    He was once a very charismatic, kind, special and inspiring person. LnDRash was a premium brand, now this brand is called LnDTRash!

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Rikudou King's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Oathencrantz View Post

Juugo?
    Ae?
    Tsunade?
    Konan?
    Gaara's Father?
    Suigetsu?
    Sasori?
    Kisame?
    Kinkaku and Ginkaku?
    Kakuzu?

I'll explain it.

- Juugo, Suigetsu, Kimimaro, Sasori, and Kakuzu are basically immune to physical damage, making them the prefect tanks.

- Tsunade and Kisame are capable of tanking quite a bit of damage and then healing it away.

- Ee, Gaara's father, Konan, KinGin, and the Jinchuriki all can activate defenses to allow themselves to become tanks.

So all of them would be capable of taking the initial kunai stab/Rasengan, giving them a change to counterattack and at least pose a worthwhile challenge.

8. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Uchiha_Blood's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

xXan probably wanted to say that those guys are the ones that have the ability to stand up to him, with prior knowlegde and all, without counting a realistic outcome of a fight.

Also what many seems to forget, or simply likes to, is that surviving an initial speedblitz do not equal victory, since the moment Yondaime touches you, he marks you with the Hiraishin tag, thus he can pop up everytime he likes and cut the poor guy's throat.
    While that wouldn't work against Suigetsu or Kabuto or Sasori or Kakuzu ( and even then, he would simply cut his head 5 times when marked ) for their bodies, it would matter shit against tank-like opponents, since I doubt a slitted throat or a Rasengan to the face is shruggable by anyone. More like an instant death if you ask me.

While I agree that an acceptable number of the ones mentioned can likely beat Yondaime, like Nagato, surely not that many can, and not that many even stand a chance.

Also I find it funny that "Tobi stomps", since all it has more than the version that got owned by Yondaime is a giant statue that Yondaime can relinquish its control with the same contract seal he used to sever the contract between Tobi and Kyuubi, thus having the same outcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Rikudou King View Post
    I'll explain it.

- Juugo, Suigetsu, Kimimaro, Sasori, and Kakuzu are basically immune to physical damage, making them the prefect tanks.

- Tsunade and Kisame are capable of tanking quite a bit of damage and then healing it away.

- Ee, Gaara's father, Konan, KinGin, and the Jinchuriki all can activate defenses to allow themselves to become tanks.

So all of them would be capable of taking the initial kunai stab/Rasengan, giving them a change to counterattack and at least pose a worthwhile challenge.
    The words "Suigetsu" and "Juugo" together with "worthwile challange" simply do not fit.
    In any topic that relates to above-chunin level fights.

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree with some of you guys notions but I'm sorry, it seems utterly unacceptable to mention the likes of Juugo and Suigetsu in the same sentence as Minato. This isn't even about 'hype' or rank, but from the little we've actually seen of Minato they cannot even hold an unlit candle to him. Don't get me wrong, I understand what some of you are saying about their survivability but there's such a thing as stamina, and it can run out. Now we've seen what happens when these particular characters run dry on stamina, they become vulnerable; from the Orochimarus and the Juugos, to the Konans and the Suigetsus. They're all the same; albeit with their own levels of difficulty.

& no, it's wrong to say that so and so is immune to physical damage, just like it's wrong to say Killer Bee is immune to genjutsu. There's a difference between being immune to something and being able to overcome/survive it. A kunai to the head doesn't seem to be an unlikely cause of action in this manga, either... http://www.mangahere.com/manga/naruto/v13/c116/9.html

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member NinjaStar's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree that saying that somebody on Suigetsu's level could beat Minato is a bit much but the fact of the matter is that Minato has in no way, shape, or form been shown to have what it takes to put some of these people down. It doesn't take much to realize the trick behind FTG and once they do their chances of victory go up significantly.

He can tag some of these people all day but it won't mean anything if he can't inflict any pain onto them. They might not be skilled enough to kill minato but he isn't powerful enough to kill them either so best case scenario for minato its a draw.

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Only time Orochimaru has shown stamina problem was when his borrowed body was failing. Even when it was close to expiring, Orochimaru did pretty well against Kyuubi Naruto. Dude got cut in half but reattached himself.

But, if it's pre-transfer Orochimaru, I think Minato could take him on with just Hiraishin and rasengan, although Orochimaru is pretty smart himself and likely knows way more jutsu than Minato.

If Suigetsu could be destroyed like a normal human, I would say Minato wins. Against Juugo though, I think Minato does stand a chance.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Suigetsu may be lacking impressive feats, but keep in mind his ability is so haxed even Orochimaru and Kabuto where after it. If you don't happen to have raiton jutsu, powerful genjutsu, chakra absorbtion or attacks close to the level of a Bijuu-Dama, then Suigetsu can dance around in front of your nose all day long while singing the Trolololol song.

http://i2.mangareader.net/naruto/574/naruto-3073159.jpg

^If thats the result of one of Juugo's CS2 punches, which came out of nothing and hit Suigetsu from his blindside, then what's a Rasengan going to do?
    Last edited by LnDRash; April 27, 2012 at 06:33 PM.

He was once a very charismatic, kind, special and inspiring person. LnDRash was a premium brand, now this brand is called LnDTRash!

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Yet, he needs water bottles to stay hydrated, if not, he's vulnerable.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

That was while walking through wasteland area for who knows how long... with the sun shining on his head and a giant sword burdening his back... that would make me pretty thirsty too.

I don't think he needs to drink any time soon mid-combat. Not to mention depending on where they are fighting there could be a lake or river nearby, which would give him a huge boost. So it also depends on the circumstances.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted ninjabot's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

^Pretty much agree with all of that. My only question is whether or not the water bubble that appears around Minato's head right after he smashes Suigetsu will grab his head before he teleports or not. And if it does grab his head, would teleporting away loose Suigetsu's hold on his head.

Basically for a decisive victory against him he either has to guarantee there's no surrounding water, or pull out his summons.

For Kimimaro, I dunno. I don't see Minato's kunai doing much of anything, and I can't really believe that both the combined strength of his Curse Seal and strong bones can't tank a Rasengan. Though his body would eventually keel over from spamming bone bullets to try to shoot an opponent that's moving too fast.

I also don't agree about the Jinchuuriki going down so easily. Goku and Utakata would atleast pose huge threats. Trying to stab or Rasengan someone covered in Lava? Or rush through a cloud of explosive bubbles? Or acid mist? He'd kill himself attempting to place tags.

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Rikudou King's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Uchiha_Blood View Post
    The words "Suigetsu" and "Juugo" together with "worthwile challange" simply do not fit.
    In any topic that relates to above-chunin level fights.
    How come? Sure they haven't any major wins in the fights they have fought, but in all fairness those fights were up against a prefect Jinchuuriki, an elite jounin, and the Raikage, pretty much the top percentage of Kumo and still handled themselves well enough to survived. So it's canonical that they can provide a challenge to ninjas above chuunin, especially if they have a limit means of attack.

Minato is more intelligent and likely would be capable of landing several hit on either of them. But with their unique bodies, they would be able to survive a deadly barrage with little trouble and keep going. On the otherhand, Juugo various transformations and Suigetsu's ability to control his water even after being hit should give Minato some challenges, even if they can't defeat Hiraishin and him.

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LnDRash View Post
    Suigetsu may be lacking impressive feats, but keep in mind his ability is so haxed even Orochimaru and Kabuto where after it. If you don't happen to have raiton jutsu, powerful genjutsu, chakra absorbtion or attacks close to the level of a Bijuu-Dama, then Suigetsu can dance around in front of your nose all day long while singing the Trolololol song.

http://i2.mangareader.net/naruto/574/naruto-3073159.jpg

^If thats the result of one of Juugo's CS2 punches, which came out of nothing and hit Suigetsu from his blindside, then what's a Rasengan going to do?
    Bunta and minato can do the fire combo attack. Bunta with oil and minato with fire. And boom.............................................................. Suigetsu evaporated to the hell. So i doubt suigetsu can sing the trolololol song.

So who's next minato's oponent?

---------- Post added at 09:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:44 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ninjabot View Post
    ^Pretty much agree with all of that. My only question is whether or not the water bubble that appears around Minato's head right after he smashes Suigetsu will grab his head before he teleports or not. And if it does grab his head, would teleporting away loose Suigetsu's hold on his head.

Basically for a decisive victory against him he either has to guarantee there's no surrounding water, or pull out his summons.

For Kimimaro, I dunno. I don't see Minato's kunai doing much of anything, and I can't really believe that both the combined strength of his Curse Seal and strong bones can't tank a Rasengan. Though his body would eventually keel over from spamming bone bullets to try to shoot an opponent that's moving too fast.

I also don't agree about the Jinchuuriki going down so easily. Goku and Utakata would atleast pose huge threats. Trying to stab or Rasengan someone covered in Lava? Or rush through a cloud of explosive bubbles? Or acid mist? He'd kill himself attempting to place tags.
    This arguments is really true if minato is an idiot like sasuke. Rushing/running directly to his oponent without thinking isn't minato's style. And if you're talking about minato, then finding his opponents weaknesses is just a piece of cake. So killing suigetsu, kimi and the jinchuuriki's is not that hard for minato. Even if they have a special body/power.

New Reply
Page 32 of 43 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 42 ... LastLast