Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply
Page 27 of 43 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 37 ... LastLast

Thread: MINATO NAMIKAZE VS ALL-COMERS (EXCEPT SAGE)

The Green Knight MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Gats's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: MINATO NAMIKAZE VS ALL-COMERS (EXCEPT SAGE)

Quote Originally Posted by ninjabot View Post
    Very specific and unlikely? Remember: the Uzumaki had seals specifically designed for the Kyuubi. It could very well have been an Uzumaki technique used to take control away from the culprit if Kurama ever was stolen from one of their jinchuuriki. It's not unreasonable to think that the Uzumaki would have taken precautions to prevent loss of the Kyuubi to an outside force. Especially when you consider it wasn't unlikely, but common. Kurama's jinchuuriki have been stolen/kidnapped/assaulted for their inner beast on a regular basis. (Naruto by Itachi, Kisame, Deidara, and Kakuzu. Kushina by random fodder nin and Tobi). Precautions were needed incase they ever succeeded in getting the actual beast out of her, so Minato created a jutsu that would wrest control from whoever had taken him. Not to mention it seemed to have stopped the Genjutsu control over Kurama, which has nothing to do with a blood pact.

But hey. I could be wrong. I seriously don't think I am though.
    You got a point. For some reason (actually I didn't think further) I believed that the Uzumaki's clan has been wiped before Hashirama vs Madara but there is no reason at all to think so.

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted xXan's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

I have to agree with ninjabot if some seal existed that could remove the ET control Sarutobi would have used it to stop those 2 Hokages, he knew even the DG seal that Minato used so i belive its safe to asume he knew this 2. Oro stated he knew all the jutsus in Konoha (actualy that he could also use then but that is just BS).
    From what Tobi states here it does not seam to be something incredibly unique or whatever:
    http://www.narutobase.net/manga/Naruto/503/5
    Not to mention that nobody in the entire alliance knew something like this in this war.

Then we have another problem. Placing the seal on the ET themselfs would not work, the seal would need to be placed on the one that is casting it and that is going to be hard expecialy when Kabuto can go water mode.

Then we have another problem with Tobi himself that got to see the seal Minato placed on him with the sharingan (so probably he knows it) asking Kabuto how to stop that jutsu.

Oh and if this jutsu is not going to stop when the user dies how would a seal placed on the user to stop its connection work if we consider that when that dude dies the genjutsu is not broken? The ET zombies are programed how to act so even if Kabuto is gone or he can't direcly control them the "programing" should still be intact.

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

we really dont know how contract seal works which is one of the problem with minato we know very little about him, it did however removed control over kyuubi from a sharigan user whose ability to control kyuubi is only revail by madra so I would say that pretty impressive, i can't think of a stronger control than that, as for the 3rd not using it remember he saw minato use rds and we have no reason to believe he was trained in the uzamaki way since the uzamaki clan was not part of his village and only ever hosted the nine tail for the leaf in what was probably an agreement.
    Last edited by sylvesterrahim; April 21, 2012 at 05:29 PM.

Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

@sylvesterrahim

I can, the ET control genjutsu (or whatever it is). You need the most powerfull genjutsu this manga ever showed (aside from the defensive one like Izanagi) the Kotoamatsukami. Think about it, Tobi used his normal sharingan to control the Kyuubi, not even MS... Then we know that the control over ET zombies has a physical component in the form of that knife or whatever that you place in there heads.

Also Sarutobi knew about the death demon seal before Minato used it there. Now considering Minato WAS part of Konoha and Sarutobi knew about his most powerfull seal its not out of the question to belive he knew that seal to. Hell we don't even know if that was a Uzumachi seal. Uzumachi where the best at seals but to consider that Konoha never developed something to protect the Kyuubi and the Jin is absurd.

Also remember that JMan knew about a seal to suppress the kyuubi, how much you whant to beat those 2 seals are connected? Then even asuming it was not you actualy belive Minato would hold something like that to only himself and not share it with the village? It would mean he is the biggest moron in the world. Even how to use the seal on Naruto's belly was known to the 3 sannin and Sarutobi. Minato probably shared all of those things with them as a safety in case something like this happends. Makes sense no? There is no way Sarutobi had no idea about seals that would protect the village from a Kyuubi attack IF Minato knew about them, Minato would do anything in his power to protect the village and taking steps to protect his village in case shit happends (including himself ending up dead) is part of Minato ability to plan.

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

I do think we have proof Itachi would beat Minato, though solely based on what we saw from Itachi and his matches. Minato won't be an exception, and I don't recall Raikage ever being put in a genjutsu.

Anyway, Minato vs. Kabuto... not sure about the current Kabuto, but I think the older Kabuto before Orochimaru infusion would lose. If winning meant killing just his opponents, Minato would win. If winning meant taking out all opponents, Edo Tensei included, I think Minato would lose. The contract seal might not work since ET and the genjutsu Tobi used on Kyuubi (IF he did) are different.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member marshall313's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    I do think we have proof Itachi would beat Minato, though solely based on what we saw from Itachi and his matches. Minato won't be an exception, and I don't recall Raikage ever being put in a genjutsu.

Anyway, Minato vs. Kabuto... not sure about the current Kabuto, but I think the older Kabuto before Orochimaru infusion would lose. If winning meant killing just his opponents, Minato would win. If winning meant taking out all opponents, Edo Tensei included, I think Minato would lose. The contract seal might not work since ET and the genjutsu Tobi used on Kyuubi (IF he did) are different.
    Yeah. Minato won't be an exception on itachi's genjutsu IF he'll going to fight itachi the way kakashi, oro, naruto and diedara did.

Maybe that contract seal might work on ET. I'm pretty sure that contract seal never created just to wrath the kyubi out of control to anyone. Maybe it was a contract seal to cancel/wrath anyone from being controlled. The ET isn't an exception in this seal. Kabuto may never control his ET's if minato tag him with his contract seal.

Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

And why wouldn't he? He'll look Itachi in the eyes and get put in genjutsu. Everyone has looked at an Uchiha or Sharingan in the eyes except for Gai. Even if Minato avoids the eyes, he will be put in a genjutsu by Itachi's finger.

And it's not about breaking out. First Minato has to realize he's in a genjutsu... which is almost impossible if he doesn't know he's in one. Danzou was able to recognize he was in a genjutsu because of Itachi's sudden appearance, but he didn't know he was genjutsu'd into seeing his last eye open when it was already closed. Or, Itachi can freeze Minato like he did against Orochimaru, or what Sasuke did against Shi, or mentally torture Minato like he did Naruto, Sasuke, and Kakashi.

Just face it, until we know more about Minato, Itachi is just too strong for him. Actually, I don't care if anyone admits it. No one has shown a way for Minato to win, other than claiming he can Hiraishin out of genjutsu or something. All the claim about Minato breaking out of genjutsu doesn't work against Itachi because as we saw, only a Sharingan user or perfect jinchuuriki could do it. Minato fits neither requirement. Deidara and Orochimaru fit neither, and they were owned by a genjutsu.

ANd from the looks of it, Itachi put Deidara in a genjutsu fast enough.

Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

@M3J

Curent Kabuto (no ET) would probably lose just as well. He can avoid genjutsu but he can't exacly avoid Amaterasu. Even going water mode and it would not protect him as Kabuto would just evaporate lol. Just get Kabuto in the air and cover him close to instantly in flames so he can't spit himself out (like Sasuke to Danzou).

Also water mode is not all that as a biju blast was more then enough to KO Suigetsu even when this dude had a lake there.

Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

talkin' about Minato vs. Kabuto.

Though I dunno if current Kabuto would lose to the Uchiha. And a bijuu blast is different, it's a mass of pure chakra.

Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

talkin' about Minato vs. Kabuto.

Though I dunno if current Kabuto would lose to the Uchiha. And a bijuu blast is different, it's a mass of pure chakra.
    Minato would defenetly lose vs Kabuto as he can't do anything to him aside from the DG seal and that would kill him to so in the end is just not possible for him to win. The old Kabuto would get stomped by Minato.

A biju blast is still just an explosion and one that is not focused on 1 point but has its force spread out in all directions. I never noticed Rasengan having some magical damage? Its just a force applied to you. Its compresed chakra that explodes. Its blunt damage, when you shape the chakra into an element it gains that elemental properties. The rasengan was showed(i think it was even stated) to "grind" its target like in in a physical force. Aside from physical damage pure chakra can't have any other type of damage as you would first need to give it an elemental shape. The chakra explodes as it is compresenet to some good enough degree and then its released.

I don't remember anywhere in the manga having chakra doing some special chakra damage. Even Orochimaru states that he would die because the chakra is so "higly concentrated" and thus it has insane force when it goes off.
    Chakra does not burn, you need to shape it into fire, it does not chill, you need wind for that and so on. So what special damage could it have?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member NinjaStar's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Kabuto(current) again is a tough match up for minato. Minato's flaw(if thats what you wanna call it) is that he lacks stopping power. He just doesn't have what it takes to put somebody down and keep them down. He would never be able to kill Kabuto because he would just turn into water. Kabuto might have trouble with Minato initially but eventually he will figure out the secret to FTG(if he doesn't already).

Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NinjaStar View Post
    Kabuto(current) again is a tough match up for minato. Minato's flaw(if thats what you wanna call it) is that he lacks stopping power. He just doesn't have what it takes to put somebody down and keep them down. He would never be able to kill Kabuto because he would just turn into water. Kabuto might have trouble with Minato initially but eventually he will figure out the secret to FTG(if he doesn't already).
    If Raikage can figure it out when he knew nothing about it (something that would be impossible for Kabuto) after 1 use Kabuto is going to have 0 problems figuring it out and fast.

Also Minato does have something to stop Kabuto (stopping power) but he would kill himself to. Obviously the DG seal.

Now another interesting thing. What if Minato cuts Kabuto in half (he was able to do that to Bee's tentacle) and then teleports with half of Kabuto away from his main body? Really interesting what would happen then lol.

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Rikudou King's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think Minato could just teleport half of Kabuto away like, and depending on the strength of his regeneration, it might not matter. Though I will say that I think current Kabuto's one of the few high level opponents Minato probably could get to run through his rift unknowingly since Kabuto is still mainly a close range fighter. That is, unless Kabuto uses one of his sage techniques beforehand.

Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xXan View Post
    Minato would defenetly lose vs Kabuto as he can't do anything to him aside from the DG seal and that would kill him to so in the end is just not possible for him to win. The old Kabuto would get stomped by Minato.
    Glad we agree there.

Quote Quote:
    A biju blast is still just an explosion and one that is not focused on 1 point but has its force spread out in all directions. I never noticed Rasengan having some magical damage? Its just a force applied to you. Its compresed chakra that explodes. Its blunt damage, when you shape the chakra into an element it gains that elemental properties. The rasengan was showed(i think it was even stated) to "grind" its target like in in a physical force. Aside from physical damage pure chakra can't have any other type of damage as you would first need to give it an elemental shape. The chakra explodes as it is compresenet to some good enough degree and then its released.
    But what makes bijuu blast dangerous is the amount of chakra packed into it, it's far more powerful than rasengan. Suigetsu could tank rasengan, but due to sheer mass of chakra, he wouldn't be able to withstand bijuu blast or bijuu cannon. Minato may not be able to damage Kabuto, Suigetsu, or Niidaime Mizukage with his rasengan, especially if the damage isn't physically big enough.

Quote Quote:
    I don't remember anywhere in the manga having chakra doing some special chakra damage. Even Orochimaru states that he would die because the chakra is so "higly concentrated" and thus it has insane force when it goes off.
    Chakra does not burn, you need to shape it into fire, it does not chill, you need wind for that and so on. So what special damage could it have?
    I know, that's what I'm saying. The "special damage" is the potent of bijuu cannon and bijuu blast due to the high concentration of chakra. Rasengan doesn't have that benefit.

Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Glad we agree there.

But what makes bijuu blast dangerous is the amount of chakra packed into it, it's far more powerful than rasengan. Suigetsu could tank rasengan, but due to sheer mass of chakra, he wouldn't be able to withstand bijuu blast or bijuu cannon. Minato may not be able to damage Kabuto, Suigetsu, or Niidaime Mizukage with his rasengan, especially if the damage isn't physically big enough.

I know, that's what I'm saying. The "special damage" is the potent of bijuu cannon and bijuu blast due to the high concentration of chakra. Rasengan doesn't have that benefit.
    The point was that Suigetsu is not immune to physical (or at least normal non magical) damage as long as that is powerfull enough. I was comparing Rasengan and Bijudama only on how they work and not potency as obviously a bijudama is levels above that. Before you stated "And a bijuu blast is different, it's a mass of pure chakra" and now about potency. Its diferent. From what i got before is that you where implying that chakra has some type of special damage to do that to Suigetsu and to me that does not seems to be the case, it looks like a Bijudama is just that powerfull.

Now Sasuke for instance trowing an Amaterasu on his but should evaporate him completly and thus killing him. Even a FRS could do the trick. Minato on the other hand defenetly does not have anything to get trough it (aside from killing himself with DG).

New Reply
Page 27 of 43 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 37 ... LastLast