Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43

Thread: MINATO NAMIKAZE VS ALL-COMERS (EXCEPT SAGE)

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Rikudou King's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: MINATO NAMIKAZE VS ALL-COMERS (EXCEPT SAGE)

Quote Originally Posted by xXan View Post
    Minato is the type to analize his opponent and not rush in. Vs Raikage he first trew his tags around then started the fight. He is not going to just charge in like a nut. Also his shunshin no jutsu and it should be enough to move out of the way but who knows. Naruto is defenetly going to set up some tags before moving in.
    As i said Hanzou could get a shoot in by suprise but small chanses of that happening.
    Such time spent analyzing would allow Hanzou to make is own preparations, such as covering the imminent field with poisons and move, either away so his position isn't known by Minato or towards Minato for an attempt at attacking. Now that I look at it again, The poison doesn't look very clear, so it should be capable of hiding him and possibly confuse/blind Minato were he to teleport into it.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted xXan's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

@Rikudou King

The poison clowd is clear enough:
    http://www.mangareader.net/naruto/530/15
    http://www.mangareader.net/naruto/530/16

You would need to be blind as hell to not see that.

Also what preparations? Summoning the salamander? Aside from that ... Nothing. The gas can only be used as shoot and hope you hit something as its disipates extremly fast. The next page after it was shoot and the area is clear.

Hell how about summoning Bunta and going on top of it? No has there from the summon, LIKE EVER. The gas was only showed to be just above the trees. Bunta tower way above the trees, like way way above them.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Uchiha_Blood's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

I want to propose a match-up that it always fascinated me.
    How would Yondaime fare against Naruto in Sage Mode?

We know that Naruto is one of the best sensors there is, if not the best, we know that he has great reflexes, that Sage Mode can enhance the reaction of the user even better than a Sharingan and that he has the power to end the fight in one strike.
    Also he has a pretty good answer to Hiraishin, being Kage Bushin, and also his Taijutsu style would render Yondaime's marking ability useless since Naruto can dodge and blast him away with Natural Energy.

To me it seems a pretty even fight, with Sage Mode being a natural weapon against Hiraishin, with Yondaime that can't engage Naruto in taijutsu without risking to be KO'ed in one blow.

For the sake of argument, let's say that Naruto has found the way to be in perpetual Sage Mode ( with the Frogs it would be too unfair for Yondaime, so bear with me lol )

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The poison clowd is clear enough:
    http://www.mangareader.net/naruto/530/15

You would need to be blind as hell to not see that.

Also what preparations? Summoning the salamander? Aside from that ... Nothing. The gas can only be used as shoot and hope you hit something as its disipates extremly fast. The next page after it was shoot and the area is clear.

Hell how about summoning Bunta and going on top of it? No has there from the summon, LIKE EVER. The gas was only showed to be just above the trees. Bunta tower way above the trees, like way way above them.
    The cloud in the first link is quite thick and cloudy. It doesn't seem to become clearer until some time had pass for the poison to dissipates. Kankuro's ambush squad was some distances ahead of Hanzou, enough that he needed to close the distances enough to use it in the first place. Considering the size it covered, they couldn't have been very close. And the rest of his group didn't arrive til after Mifune and co had already shown up.

As for the preparations, I was thinking of that fire explosive tag trick he used against Nagato. And perhaps summoning Gamabunta would save Minato from the poisons the first time, but seeing how sensitive frogs are to toxins and the way they breathe through their skin, the poison would probably take Gamabunta down even if his head above it, because I will point out tree sizes varies.

Quote Originally Posted by Uchiha_Blood View Post
    I want to propose a match-up that it always fascinated me.
    How would Yondaime fare against Naruto in Sage Mode?

We know that Naruto is one of the best sensors there is, if not the best, we know that he has great reflexes, that Sage Mode can enhance the reaction of the user even better than a Sharingan and that he has the power to end the fight in one strike.
    Also he has a pretty good answer to Hiraishin, being Kage Bushin, and also his Taijutsu style would render Yondaime's marking ability useless since Naruto can dodge and blast him away with Natural Energy.

To me it seems a pretty even fight, with Sage Mode being a natural weapon against Hiraishin, with Yondaime that can't engage Naruto in taijutsu without risking to be KO'ed in one blow.

For the sake of argument, let's say that Naruto has found the way to be in perpetual Sage Mode ( with the Frogs it would be too unfair for Yondaime, so bear with me lol )
    I would probably give it to Naruto. The whole natural energy thing means that Naruto wouldn't need to actually land the hit to hit him, and Minato wouldn't be expecting that. Plus, Sage Mode durability should allow him to lessen any damage from Minato enough so he could counterattack. But the biggest advantage would be his clones, which can outnumber and wear out Minato while keeping the real Naruto safe.
    Last edited by Rikudou King; May 10, 2012 at 09:12 AM.

Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

@Rikudou King
    Quote Quote:
    The cloud in the first link is quite thick and cloudy. It doesn't seem to become clearer until some time had pass for the poison to dissipates. Kankuro's ambush squad was some distances ahead of Hanzou, enough that he needed to close the distances enough to use it in the first place. Considering the size it covered, they couldn't have been very close. And the rest of his group didn't arrive til after Mifune and co had already shown up.
    Well yes and its obvious when its used.

The distance can be seen here:
    Bottom right panel. Still i don't see what is the point of the distance? Mifune arived just after it was used and he had no problem breathing it.

Quote Quote:
    As for the preparations, I was thinking of that fire explosive tag trick he used against Nagato. And perhaps summoning Gamabunta would save Minato from the poisons the first time, but seeing how sensitive frogs are to toxins and the way they breathe through their skin, the poison would probably take Gamabunta down even if his head above it, because I will point out tree sizes varies.
    Where? Using that right in front of Minato? That was a trap that worked when he had a hostage. Also we already have him removing and teleporting away from a trap like that, he even had time to save baby Naruto.
    Gamabunta just needs to stab that little animal. The summon showed no mobility. Also intixicating Gamabunta trough the skin and considering how big it is.... He would need a long exposure or repeted blast from that thing. Hanzou's summon is going to die way before that.

The trees where about the same:
    http://www.mangareader.net/93-139-16...apter-134.html

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well yes and its obvious when its used.

The distance can be seen here:
    Bottom right panel. Still i don't see what is the point of the distance? Mifune arived just after it was used and he had no problem breathing it.
    Yeah, but that shows him coming up upon them, not where he was before he poisoned them. And Mifune was immune, remember.

Where? Using that right in front of Minato? That was a trap that worked when he had a hostage. Also we already have him removing and teleporting away from a trap like that, he even had time to save baby Naruto.
    Gamabunta just needs to stab that little animal. The summon showed no mobility. Also intixicating Gamabunta trough the skin and considering how big it is.... He would need a long exposure or repeted blast from that thing. Hanzou's summon is going to die way before that.

The trees where about the same:
    http://www.mangareader.net/93-139-16...apter-134.html
    Yeah, in the most likely spot where Minato will come to attack him from. Minato figured it out after Tobi warned him. Unlike with that situation, these tags would be connected to him, not on a blanket that can simply be tossed away. You factor in the fact that Minato will be busy concentrating on not breathing in poison at the time, and he's less likely to notice them til it's too late. How did Ibuse show no mobility when it was able to hide underground quite quickly. Beneath the ground, Gamabunta wouldn't be able to target it. At that point, it can simply emerge it's head to shoot out it's poison before retreating back underground. And judging by the summons themselves, Ibuse is one-fourth the size of Gamabunta. So the poison cloud it shot out should be enough to cover at least up to Gamabunta's neck.

Same appearance wouldn't necessarily mean same size.

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Naruto would win. Actually, I wanna see if his defense against rasengan would be good enough to keep him going. As Killerbee proved, it's quite possible to react to Hiraishin in time, so as long as Naruto knows about the seal, he should more than adequately react to Hiraishin.

Naruto's defense, comparable speed, and ability to sense and react in time should be able to let him stand a chance against Minato, if not win. Minato's got the brains though, while Naruto's got his prankster ways. But Naruto's unorthodox style is usually good enough to take people off guard. I mean, who'd expect Naruto to risk his actual body to hit his enemy (Kakuzu, Nagato)?

Though, if Minato does last more than five minutes, he's most likely gonna win unless Naruto finds a way to get back into Sage Mode.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Naruto could likely just have his clones act as a decoy while he runs off to gain a moment to reactivate it. They would only need to distract Minato for one or two minutes at first, after which Naruto can jump right back into the action. Even if Minato had foreknowledge about it, Naruto could easily switch it up and have a clone go in his place, so that if Minato does strike it, Naruto would still end up in Sage Mode.

Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

How would the clone in base mode distract Minato when he's pretty fast and has Hiraishin? I think Naruto's fast, and if he didn't use chakra to save Sakura, then he can get faster, but I don't think his reflexes and speed are enough. Naruto would have to do tajuu kage bunshin in order to keep Minato at bay and distract him long enough.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think that if Naruto fell out of Sage Mode, his clones would too. They themselves should still have some time left in Sage Mode depending on when they were created. So Naruto should still have a clone or two left to stall Minato while he ran off. Worst case, while the regular clones can't stand up to Minato, Minato still wouldn't be able to realize the real Naruto isn't there until after he has eliminated all the Naruto's there.

Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, I guess it depends on when he's created his clones and what jutsu they use. I think it'd take Minato few seconds to take out two clones, though.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

True it wouldn't take Minato that long to take them out, but between the initial surprise and then having to actually search for the real Naruto, that should be enough time for the current Naruto to get back into Sage Mode.

Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

IF Naruto isn't tagged yet. I think Minato could keep up with Naruto in Sage Mode and be able to tag him somehow. Not sure what the Pain bodies' threshold for pain is, though, I'm assuming it's either lower or Nagato doesn't bother if they get injured even a bit unless needed.

Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

@Rikudou King

Quote Quote:
    Yeah, but that shows him coming up upon them, not where he was before he poisoned them. And Mifune was immune, remember.
    I see no indication of that summon moving. It looks like it got summoned and just shoot its poison. Then when they are showed they are not moving.

Also if i read this right (i think) the salamander needs 5 minutes to shoot another wave:
    http://www.mangareader.net/naruto/531/8

Now Mifune is defenetly not immune, not even Hanzou is. There is a diference from immune to tolarance or resistance to it. Even if it would not kill him it would defenetly slow him down and show some sins of it.

Quote Quote:
    Yeah, in the most likely spot where Minato will come to attack him from. Minato figured it out after Tobi warned him. Unlike with that situation, these tags would be connected to him, not on a blanket that can simply be tossed away. You factor in the fact that Minato will be busy concentrating on not breathing in poison at the time, and he's less likely to notice them til it's too late. How did Ibuse show no mobility when it was able to hide underground quite quickly. Beneath the ground, Gamabunta wouldn't be able to target it. At that point, it can simply emerge it's head to shoot out it's poison before retreating back underground. And judging by the summons themselves, Ibuse is one-fourth the size of Gamabunta. So the poison cloud it shot out should be enough to cover at least up to Gamabunta's neck.

Same appearance wouldn't necessarily mean same size.
    No, i mean when would he set up the trap? Right in front of Minato where he can see it? Its not going to work unless Minato is more stupid then Naruto. Also as i said if he can teleport out the tags from baby Naruto and escape them this would be of no problem. Holding your breath does not add to the dificulty, that is a very simple thing to do.
    Going underground is not mobility that would allow it to dodge a sword that size, going underground (unless you can prove he can go down some 20-30m) would not mean anything as Gama would have no problem piercing the ground and striking under it.

Gama is as big as a biju(well somewhat). Now considering Minato was able to teleport the blasted Kyuubi after teleporting in Gama he probably can summon 2 giant frogs in the same fight.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    IF Naruto isn't tagged yet. I think Minato could keep up with Naruto in Sage Mode and be able to tag him somehow. Not sure what the Pain bodies' threshold for pain is, though, I'm assuming it's either lower or Nagato doesn't bother if they get injured even a bit unless needed.
    With his clones, I think that Naruto would stand a good change of not being tagged except at the very start of battle.

I see no indication of that summon moving. It looks like it got summoned and just shoot its poison. Then when they are showed they are not moving.

Also if i read this right (i think) the salamander needs 5 minutes to shoot another wave:
    http://www.mangareader.net/naruto/531/8

Now Mifune is defenetly not immune, not even Hanzou is. There is a diference from immune to tolarance or resistance to it. Even if it would not kill him it would defenetly slow him down and show some sins of it.
    The sfx show it was stomping toward them, and Hanzou's previous remark made it clear they were far enough away before that he couldn't employ Ibuse's poison. Well, their resistance to it then.

No, i mean when would he set up the trap? Right in front of Minato where he can see it? Its not going to work unless Minato is more stupid then Naruto. Also as i said if he can teleport out the tags from baby Naruto and escape them this would be of no problem. Holding your breath does not add to the dificulty, that is a very simple thing to do.
    Going underground is not mobility that would allow it to dodge a sword that size, going underground (unless you can prove he can go down some 20-30m) would not mean anything as Gama would have no problem piercing the ground and striking under it.

Gama is as big as a biju(well somewhat). Now considering Minato was able to teleport the blasted Kyuubi after teleporting in Gama he probably can summon 2 giant frogs in the same fight.
    It's not as if Minato would be able to just stand there and watch. Between having to avoid the initial poison cloud and setting up his tags, Minato's not gonna be able to watch Hanzou the entire time. Again, in that situation he had warning and they were on a object that could be discarded. That's much different then having no warning and them being attached to the clothes he's wearing. Holding your breathe while being caught surprised would be difficult to do. Even more difficult if you throw in the possibility of having to deal with a sickle in said situation. Force Minato to take a breathe of the poison, wound and slow him down with the explosive tags, or scratch him with the sickle: Hanzou has potentially three ways to gain a chance of winning.

Why would Ibuse have to go 20/30 meters under? Unless Gamabunta can see under the dirt, he won't know where Ibuse is and would have to randomly stab the ground just to attempt to hit him. You're presuming his rifts cost the same as his personal summoning. Regardless, summoning another toad wouldn't change the overall situation.

New Reply
Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43