Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Who should've joined the Strawhats from the ones who were left behind?

Banned 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Who should've joined the Strawhats from the ones who were left behind?

well, this is pretty much the topic...

which characters do you think should have been a strawhat but was left behind like vivi?

as for me i think:

demon warrior wiper - because mainly of his reject dial (LOL) if he had been not so serious, he definitely should be a strawhat....and strawhat would be really cool if they recruited someone from skypeia.

smoker- as of all the logia characters introduced, smoker is the most qualified if strawhats need to add a logia because his power is not too overpowered imo...plus luffy likes him and they helped each other out certain times...smoker also got this childhood past of being amazed with gold roger (in which he saw in luffy)...his weapon is badass and his constant complain of marine system might likely cause him to snap and defect to the marines...i remember him mentioning that he cannot trail luffy as he wants because of the marine system.

tashigi - not primarily to be the love interest of zoro, i wouldnt want that...but the humor inside the ship would be really cool...especially becoz she got very different personality from nami and robin...i think she balances the females' personality properly...plus out of all the non-strawhat characters...im thinking why her dream is specifically mentioned.

jewelrey bonney - well, just thinking how important bonney seemed to the WG....and luffy seems to harbor almost all of the important persons to WG (robin, franky)...bonney should be a strawhat...plus his personality is again,..a tomboyish girl, be a good addition to the crazy crew.

johnny and yosaku - just imagine them being the sunny go guards...then when luffy gets back they were all beat up and sunny was stolen and they were like "we just got beat by a frog's hair" LOL

no wrong answers, but please state why they shouldve joined in your opinion.

---------- Post added at 12:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:15 PM ----------

i kinda remember guys thinking paulie would join...then boom, its franky..LOL...

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who should've joined the Strawhats from the ones who were left behind?

no,they were too weak to join,and the enemies are better if they remain "enemies" . The only one I was very keen on was Jinbe,and luckily he should become a strawhat. my only complain is that he hasn't joined yet.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member UnknownMugiwara's Avatar
    Country
    Denmark
    Post Thanks / Like

Jinbei is possible going to join after the Big Mam battle. Maybe he'll even take part in the battle
    Brook wanted: DEAD OR ALIVE!
    Yohohohohohohoho! Marine Joke!

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

I hope he will do that sooner,in fact he just has to leave her. anyway,I hope we will see them soon,especially since luffy won't end up fighting BM imo,she will spare him because of Lola.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Kuma.
    Oh gawd, Kuma.

There, I said it.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd certainly like Bibi to join Strawhat Pirates, if it's already set that Jinbei's joining. She'd be a good readdition to the team, and she's a cool character.

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the responses. i think some guys are missing the point of this thread going like "he cant join becoz he's is this and that"....it destroys the whole point of the thread..

im just asking who (in your own opinion) shouldve been a strawhat---(becoz for whatever reason or clues you saw)? im not asking: who will be a strawhat?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Uriel View Post
    Kuma.
    Oh gawd, Kuma.

There, I said it.
    In one of the SBS someone had a crazy theory using numbers and the names of DF that Kuma had to be the 10th member. Oda's reaction was awfully suspicious as well, though we all know how much he loves to play with us~ I don't think he put so much thought into a code like that, and I don't think Kuma will join the Mugiwara (though that would be kind of awesome) but I think there will be one more member to join them in the New World. In one of the first chapters Luffy did say he wanted 10 Nakama (or did he say at least 10? But I think any more than 10 is too much... personally I think 9 main characters is already a lot >.>; )

---------- Post added at 12:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:41 AM ----------

Oh, you know who I want,
    Bepo.
    Yes, Law's cute little teddy bear. When I first saw him, it was love at first sight. The Mugiwara pirates already have strange creatures, now all they need is a fluffy bear~ Well, I suppose Kuma could fill that posistion too... hahaha.

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FacePaint View Post
    In one of the SBS someone had a crazy theory using numbers and the names of DF that Kuma had to be the 10th member. Oda's reaction was awfully suspicious as well, though we all know how much he loves to play with us~ I don't think he put so much thought into a code like that, and I don't think Kuma will join the Mugiwara (though that would be kind of awesome) but I think there will be one more member to join them in the New World. In one of the first chapters Luffy did say he wanted 10 Nakama (or did he say at least 10? But I think any more than 10 is too much... personally I think 9 main characters is already a lot >.>; )

---------- Post added at 12:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:41 AM ----------

Oh, you know who I want,
    Bepo.
    Yes, Law's cute little teddy bear. When I first saw him, it was love at first sight. The Mugiwara pirates already have strange creatures, now all they need is a fluffy bear~ Well, I suppose Kuma could fill that posistion too... hahaha.
    bepo doesn't add value to the strawhats though

he's a martial artist, just like sanji

---------- Post added at 07:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:38 AM ----------

I waaaant... laboon

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh, you know who I want,
    Bepo.
    i saw that devil fruit number code and i was really interested in it...it would be cool if kuma would join i agree....i remember that luffy said "at least 10"

and i also believe in the thoery that luffy gets 4 new members each seas (4 east blue, 4 grand line) so i suspect he gets 4 new members at new world...

but then again oda said "its up to luffy's contentment" whether how much crewmembers he would get...maybe oda would tweak the crew if he feels like it. maybe more crewmembers i dont know...

and yeah, i also like bepo...and if law is really that sinister like he is showing as a shichibukai,...i think bepo would be better with someone like luffy or bonney...and bepo is funny too so im fine with it. ^_^

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yea, but I really love Law... he's completely morally ambiguous and unpredictable. Who know's what his true motives are.

Quote Originally Posted by hyper_megaman View Post
    bepo doesn't add value to the strawhats though

he's a martial artist, just like sanji

---------- Post added at 07:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:38 AM ----------

I waaaant... laboon
    hehehe, but Bepo would increase the awesome factor of the crew... by being a bear... Same goes for Laboon. I'm still disappointed that they didn't bring him along.
    He's huge and powerful, he'd be an awesome nakama. Imagine having an enormous whale on your side!! Of course that would also make him a giant target... but still... ah...

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impossibility's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

Yea, but I really love Law... he's completely morally ambiguous and unpredictable. Who know's what his true motives are.

hehehe, but Bepo would increase the awesome factor of the crew... by being a bear... Same goes for Laboon. I'm still disappointed that they didn't bring him along.
    He's huge and powerful, he'd be an awesome nakama. Imagine having an enormous whale on your side!! Of course that would also make him a giant target... but still... ah...
    Law joining the Strawhats is a pipe dream. But one I'd totally buy into. He is, without a doubt, one of the most complex and bad-ass characters in the manga.

I also would've enjoyed if Ivankov had stuck around. It would be hilarious especially the possible interactions with Sanji.

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

hell yeah...i forgot about ivankov LOL...good choice!! ^_^

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    I'd certainly like Bibi to join Strawhat Pirates, if it's already set that Jinbei's joining. She'd be a good readdition to the team, and she's a cool character.
    the reason for which Bibi didn't join the crew was,aside from the fact she is a princess and that she has to do other else,is that she was too weak! that's also the reason why Shirahoshi didn't join them,she couldn't join them,although her power is one of the 3 ancestral weapons,in a fight and on earth she wouldn't be very useful.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

BTW, I'm ASHAMED we all forgot about Bon Kurei.
    And yes, I know about that 10th thing theory. I actually believe that after Jinbei there will be at least one more. Will hold some comments that belongs to the Next Nakama thread, though.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

19. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast