Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Who should've joined the Strawhats from the ones who were left behind?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member enmymiguel's Avatar
    Country
    Dominican Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who should've joined the Strawhats from the ones who were left behind?

well just think, what type of different personality they missing.
    jimbei, hes a karate user also a fish. soo thats what they need. also i was thinking they need a magician. or a maid.

remember all strawhat are there cause they are different style. they not going to put someone who is doing what the guy next to it is doing.

for example. another cook/swordsman/navigator/historian/musician/ship repairman/doctor/sniper and the captain. they is 9 in total. 10 is a good number and they sure need another girl. cause 8 guys 2 girl is not good at all.

booney already seeing to like zoro. she eat alot like luffy and the other guys. soo she will be ok. but maybe we happen to meet another girl in the grand line.

plus onepiece it just starting. just think how many arc we have left. just think and tell me how many chapter is all that combine.
    I must create a real village, until i demonstrate what a real kage is. I cant Die!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MSofAofCOCA's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, Vivi is a given. Thought she's already basically honorary. Oda makes use of the marines and WG. Imagine the uproar if the princess of a large country such as Alabasta officially joined a pirate crew as strong as the SH. Strength wise, I think she has as much potential as Nami. I'm also sure that if the crew ever sees her again, she will be stronger than when they went their separate ways.

I'm pretty sure Jinbei will join officially, as soon as he finishes his business with BM. Though, for whatever reason, i feel like there will be a new-new addition, and then Jinbei will catch up.

I think most of the Supernova are cool, but for some reason i can't see them joining the crew at all. Potential allies? Yes. Not members though. Not Bonney, and definitely not Law or Bepo, since there's already been so much emphasis on the Heart Pirates being future rivals for the SH. I'm definitely looking forward to the interactions between the SH and other Supernova. Those are going to be great!!

As for Aokiji, I entertained the idea, but I feel like he's too powerful. Even with Luffy's training, I think having Aokiji join will be tooooooo epic. Not only will it be a serious F-U to the WG, but I think Aokiji is tooo strong for the crew. However, if I suspect Aokiji may become a potential ally at some point (kinda like Smoker, to an extent), especially if Akainu starts acting out.

I can't see the point of Smoker (or Tashigi) joining at all. They are perfect in their current character roles. Ditto for Coby. There has to be some friendly rivalry between the SH and Marines.

Hm... Who else? I really liked Shirahoshi, but i feel that she, too, is too overpowered. Not only is she Poseidon, but if she figures out how to control her powers, she would be waaaaaaaay over powered too. However, I think that if the government ever finds out that she is Poseidon and tries to hurt/kidnap/use her or even Fishmen Island, the SH will go all out to protect them. Though, honestly, I can't see the SH backtracking in their journey.

Laboon is kinda an honorary member too, but if he had officially joined, that would give little meaning to Brook's dream/goal...

I remember Shanks commenting that it was "Just like Luffy to have a small crew," So i'm betting no more than 4 official new members. Definitely no more than 15 total. That would be too hard to keep track of. I think that even now, Brook gets forgotten quite a bit, and gets less "Screen time" than everyone else. Personally, i think even 15 would be too many. maybe 2 or 3 more. But that's it. One of the eh..... themes? is how the SH draw power from each other. If you notice, most of the other Pirate crews that have failed were too large and the individual members, except for a select few, were weak. Even with WB crew, he had thousands of crew-members, but only the division-heads had any real fighting power. Luffy's crew is basically a collection of members that could take on the heads. From that p.o.v, Anyone else who joins cannot be significantly weaker. And at the same time they can't be ridiculously strong, because then they will out shine Luffy and potentially give the crew a free ride through the NW.

Edit: OH! I remember being convinced that Perona was going to join! I thought she would have been a wonderful addition, but alas, no go.

Edit 2: We've gotten crew members from almost all areas of expertise. Frankly (lololol, all i can think of is Franky, when i type that xD) I was surprised Oda made Brook a swordsman, and that there hasn't been any rivalry between him and Zoro, even though Brook technically serves two purposes: Musician and Swordsman. And, from what we've seen in the past few chapters, he makes a pretty nice watchmen (no one ever suspects the skeleton!!! )

Anyway, the only "area" so to speak, that the crew doesn't have some power over is the air. Yes, Nami has her weather staff, but i'd say that power over weather =/= power over air. Back in Skypiea, i thought someone who could fly would join, but too bad they only had wings and no real flight abilities. So, I'm thinking the new nakama would be a woman with the ability to fly. Possibly Harpy Mone.
    Last edited by MSofAofCOCA; April 16, 2012 at 08:37 PM.

Banned 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

a fishman. a shandian and a former marine. that would be nice for me.

as for the flying nakama. sanji uses the skywalk.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

You forgot that Sanji can fly?

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
    Country
    South Korea
    Post Thanks / Like

I firmly believe that Akainu should join strawhats first reason he was the most positive guy during the war. The second is that female side of SH are hot we all know that. But look at guys nothing special. With Akainu joining we might see someone hot finally. i hope Jinbei wont be joining. C'mon Oda we SH need a new member not a new pet. for crying out loud we alrdy have chopper

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member MonkeyDLuffy7GR's Avatar
    Country
    Greece
    Post Thanks / Like

I would like Law to join SH.Yeah I know he is (was atleast) captain of a crew and he is really strong with high bounty e.t.c and the SH already have a doctor.But Law is a surgeon.We have not seen Chopper doing surgeions (i hope i use correct words). Also a schichibukai shall join the SH. About Jinbei (also former schichi) he will appear in Big Mom Arc (if SH vs Big Mom happen) but he may sacrifise himself or sth...Idk..Law for the SH!!!!!! xD
    Quote Originally Posted by syx View Post
    There is already a standard explanation for anything:

You want to boost your chakra? Take Hashiramas cells!
    You want to get the Gods eyes? Take Hashiramas cells!
    You want Wood Jutsus? Take Hashiramas cells!
    You want Izanagi to last longer? Take Hashiramas cells!
    You want to cut Kotoamatsukamis cooldown from 10 years to several hours? Take Hashiramas cells!
    You want to spam MS without going blind? Take Hashiramas cells!

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lawlett-kun View Post
    I firmly believe that Akainu should join strawhats first reason he was the most positive guy during the war. The second is that female side of SH are hot we all know that. But look at guys nothing special. With Akainu joining we might see someone hot finally. i hope Jinbei wont be joining. C'mon Oda we SH need a new member not a new pet. for crying out loud we alrdy have chopper
    Is this a joke post? Akainu joining the SHs? Maybe as a corpse.

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Crazytype View Post
    i loled

luffy would die before he lets akainu in his crew

Country
    South Korea
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Crazytype View Post
    why not? all of their conflicts is in the past anyways

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lawlett-kun View Post
    why not? all of their conflicts is in the past anyways
    no it's clearly impossible! was in the past??? don't make me laugh,have you forgotten that akainu has become fleet admiral and is trying to make the marines the strongest force,that by moving the HQ to the New World? again,were you talking about aokiji? because akainu is the bastard who killed ace and wanted to kill all pirates and especially rudy,dragon's son.

Country
    South Korea
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mattiaildivino View Post
    no it's clearly impossible! was in the past??? don't make me laugh,have you forgotten that akainu has become fleet admiral and is trying to make the marines the strongest force,that by moving the HQ to the New World? again,were you talking about aokiji? because akainu is the bastard who killed ace and wanted to kill all pirates and especially rudy,dragon's son.
    yes actually was talking about aokiji... My bad guys

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member TXC's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Perona (I love her design) is the only one I can think of (besides Jinbei).

Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm surprised and sad that bon kurei didn't get mentioned in the first post. Dude got the BEST strawhat materials out there. He's 90% of the reasons why I loved impel down arc.

Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kukriblades View Post
    I'm surprised and sad that bon kurei didn't get mentioned in the first post. Dude got the BEST strawhat materials out there. He's 90% of the reasons why I loved impel down arc.
    yea, again, bon clay definitely

staring in magellan's face, smiling and going 'i have no regrets'. remember what smoker said about luffy and roger smiling in the face of death?

this guy is easily a strawhat equivalent

what willpower.. i can see him having king's haki

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm glad that guy had mistaken Aokoji for Akainu. Still the possibility of him joining is slim. Remember his strength is greater than Luffy's. Besides that, unless Oda plans to tell us if he has a bad history and has a dream, he doesn't fit the criteria. Same for Bon Clay, as much as I want him to join. To those about Jinbe, don't write him off just yet. He'll probably be back during the Big Mam arc, whenever that is. Remember this second half is just getting started and we don't know what will happen next.

New Reply
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast