Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Who should've joined the Strawhats from the ones who were left behind?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Curtarc's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who should've joined the Strawhats from the ones who were left behind?

Quote Originally Posted by sarutobi_sensei View Post
    Another person that I would see joining is Marguerite. She was one of the most interested in seeing the world. Seeing it in Hancock's crew is interesting, but even more so would be seeing it by Luffy's crew. That or Hancock, but with 2 former Shichibukai on the crew it would be way overpowered xD
    I used to think like you, but after seeing how powerfull Whitebeard and Gol D. Roger's crew were I believe it would only make sense adding 2 former Shichibukai to Luffy's crew(they would add to the crew in terms of experience and power). I think if Luffy is to face all the challenges ahead of him(World Government/Blackbeard and his crew/whatever monster is in store) he will need an insanely powerfull crew and since he wants to become the future Pirate King, the more overpowered his crew becomes, the closer he gets to his goal. Adding to the crew's power in general would also mean that the future oponents they will face will be some of the world's strongest and the more challenging the objective, the more interesting the manga will become.
    Well, I always thought that Jewelry Boney would join right after she was captured by Blackbeard and then the Government. On the cover that Oda drew, we could see that she has seemingly escaped so the thought still lingers.
    I almost forgot about Boney! It's a pretty valid addition I think, it's a woman(we need more in the crew!!!) and she's got a different personality compared to Nami and Robin. I would agree to this addition!

Jinbe will eventually join during or after the Big Mom incident.
    I am expecting Jinbei to join sooner or later, he's a good friend to Luffy, very strong, could also serve as a mentor to Luffy and he's a Fishman, an addition I have long awaited!

Perona would also be a great addition to the crew. The funny moments would never cease with her and Zoro's interaction xD
    Though I do agree with your point about Perona adding funny moments to the crew, I don't see her joinning. But the same(if not worse because there are many complications involved) could apply to Hancock unfortunately . It's a shame really, I am a fierce "pro-Hancock in the crew" activist!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member S-H-I-G-U-R-E's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post
    Marring would accomplish what exactly? She would still have to stay at Amazon Lilly to keep her tribe save from the WG. Luffy was thankful, but he has no intention being bound like that right now. And it would take away from funny situations as with Luffy and Shirahoshi.
    I don't know why you're focusing all of your attention on the marriage, but why would it take anything away from the funny situations? Luffy is dumb, and he would be totally oblivious about marriage, and it would be fun to see Hancock overreacting and drunk in jealousy XDDD

Anyway, another good addition to the crew would be Jewelry Bonney. Zoro and her would make a good pair, almost like Luffy and Hancock: so many stupid gags!

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity danzouismadara's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Jimbei wont be a strawhat he will just have a strong alliance with luffy. Kinemon in my eyes is already a strawhat. I think kuzan will join luffy due to his connection with robin, and lets not forget his hatred for akainu due to the ohara massacre. I think luffy needs stronger guys if he wants to face yonkou's since they have many pirates with extremely high bounties!
    Last edited by danzouismadara; September 24, 2012 at 11:17 PM.

Can someone message me an anime that's similar to d grayman or claymore or deathnote?

Ive seen Deathnote, deadman wonderland, fairytale, shigurui, ao no exorcist, beelzebub, samurai champloo, code geass, devil may cry, Hakuouki, monster, blood plus, gantz. Basically, something with demons and gore.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by danzouismadara View Post
    Jimbei wont be a strawhat he will just have a strong alliance with luffy. Kinemon in my eyes is already a strawhat. I think kuzan will join luffy due to his connection with robin, and lets not forget his hatred for akainu due to the ohara massacre. I think luffy needs stronger guys if he wants to face yonkou's since they have many pirates with extremely high bounties!
    1) Jinbe already promised that he'd join the crew the next time they meet.

2) While a nice idea, Kinemon has expressed that he doesn't like pirates.

3) While also good, Aokiji doesn't have a dream or a dark history. Besides that, he's too powerful.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EddyBob15 View Post
    1) Jinbe already promised that he'd join the crew the next time they meet.

2) While a nice idea, Kinemon has expressed that he doesn't like pirates.

3) While also good, Aokiji doesn't have a dream or a dark history. Besides that, he's too powerful.
    yah and zoro hated pirates as well.

Can someone message me an anime that's similar to d grayman or claymore or deathnote?

Ive seen Deathnote, deadman wonderland, fairytale, shigurui, ao no exorcist, beelzebub, samurai champloo, code geass, devil may cry, Hakuouki, monster, blood plus, gantz. Basically, something with demons and gore.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity MiyamotoMusashi's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Jinbe joining is already clear, just deal with it, Kinemon while initially hating pirates has warmed up to the SHs but he still has a son to consider and he generally does not seem to be the adventurous type. Probably, Luffy´s last villain to beat will be Akainu und you want to let someone join the SHs who fought with Akainu for 10 days and is pretty much his equal? Will not happen

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hoeru's Avatar
    Country
    Mauritius
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by danzouismadara View Post
    yah and zoro hated pirates as well.
    No, that was Nami. Zoro actually was a pirate all along, especially when the former Mr.7 apporached him to join Baroque Works even before he was caught by Helmeppo.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hoeru View Post
    No, that was Nami. Zoro actually was a pirate all along, especially when the former Mr.7 apporached him to join Baroque Works even before he was caught by Helmeppo.
    Don't know how you got that mixed up, but Zoro was always a Bounty Hunter, until he took down Helmeppos wild pet wolf, leading to his imprisonment, leading to his membership as a Mugiwara pirate.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Country
    Mauritius
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't know how you got that mixed up, but Zoro was always a Bounty Hunter, until he took down Helmeppos wild pet wolf, leading to his imprisonment, leading to his membership as a Mugiwara pirate.
    Pirates and Bounty Hunters are more or less the same to me since Mr.0 revealed himself to his top agents. ^_^

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity MiyamotoMusashi's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

They may be the same to you but not in the OP World. The biggest difference would be that while both are not really liked by citizens or Marines, bounty hunters are tolerated while pirates are not. Besides, even though Zoro did not outright hate pirates, he still did not like them, he thought that they are bad crooks.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hoeru View Post
    Pirates and Bounty Hunters are more or less the same to me since Mr.0 revealed himself to his top agents. ^_^
    There is a big difference between pirates or better a criminal organisation/mafia posing as Bounty Hunters and real BHs. What would their reason for existence be, if it wasn't for them being free to hunt pirates and get their bounties, the whole point of bounties is for BHs to have a reason to hunt pirates as marines don't see a belly from catching them.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MiyamotoMusashi View Post
    Jinbe joining is already clear, just deal with it, Kinemon while initially hating pirates has warmed up to the SHs but he still has a son to consider and he generally does not seem to be the adventurous type. Probably, Luffy´s last villain to beat will be Akainu und you want to let someone join the SHs who fought with Akainu for 10 days and is pretty much his equal? Will not happen
    Thank you. Besides that, Kinemon doesn't understand the concepts of Devil Fruits and thinks that the Straw Hats use magic and ninjutsu.

Country
    Mauritius
    Post Thanks / Like

There is a big difference between pirates or better a criminal organisation/mafia posing as Bounty Hunters and real BHs. What would their reason for existence be, if it wasn't for them being free to hunt pirates and get their bounties, the whole point of bounties is for BHs to have a reason to hunt pirates as marines don't see a belly from catching them.
    Sure, my initial statement was wrong/too plain...but even "pirates" aren't "pirates" - only from a Marine's point-of-view. There are ones loving their freedom, and some that take what they can get. And the only bounty hunters so far that weren't criminals themselves at some point were Johnny and Yosaku - and they arranged and even sided themselves with pirates.

So from the point-of-view of living in freedom, Zoro was already more like a pirate than Nami - even though she was part of the Arlong Pirates, Oda introduced her as Pirate Thief, someone who robs other pirates while hating them.

Come to think of it - this doesn't actually make more sense either.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I know it might sound crazy but i think captain buggy would be a cool straw hat since i can totally see him n luffy constantly argue.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think you've realized that Zoro and Sanji are the two squabblers of the crew. There is no need for a second pair.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

New Reply
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast